Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Wasteland 2 was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it after my first playthrough. I never, ever felt the need to do a second.

I mean, for people who haven't played it already, I guess it coming to the switch is cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Calaveron posted:

God I just love how Nintendo's philosophy now is "hey here's this super awesome game we just announced for the first time ever. It will be out in six months

In the Gamecube days and partway through the Wii’s lifecycle it used to be “hey here’s a preview of a game we’re making that will be out next year oh wait we need more time to make it” and it really pissed people off. They’ve since learned their lesson (I think Reggie even admitted this issue at one point) and it’s resulted in little yo no delays.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will never forgive Nintendo for Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tbf they still announced BotW like four years before it came out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Louisgod posted:

In the Gamecube days and partway through the Wii’s lifecycle it used to be “hey here’s a preview of a game we’re making that will be out next year oh wait we need more time to make it” and it really pissed people off. They’ve since learned their lesson (I think Reggie even admitted this issue at one point) and it’s resulted in little yo no delays.

The only reason they showed off that Metroid Prime teaser so early was to get people to finally shut the hell up about asking them to make it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The only reason they showed off that Metroid Prime teaser so early was to get people to finally shut the hell up about asking them to make it.

It's coming out next year

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah they kind of announced BOTW really early, presumably because the WiiU wasn't doing so well. That's the only time it has been done in recent memory though.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

isnt pikmin 4 done

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's coming out next year

They said that a lot about BoTW too, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Generally they try to show something of it, and even BoTW had a short cinematic.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Louisgod posted:

And the nintendo 64 days where Zelda was shown off in 95 and then came out until 98

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

a.lo posted:

isnt pikmin 4 done

i want pikmin 4 so abd

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Calaveron posted:

And the nintendo 64 days where Zelda was shown off in 95 and then came out until 98

i remember when miyamoto was like "dolphin zelda is coming in 5 years" after oot and hey he was right!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i’ve never played wind waker and hope the HD port is put on the Switch.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

While the map issues are really noticeable in XB2 they haven't bothered me all that much. Maybe i'm used to games with bad maps or i'm just enjoying the exploring i'm forced to do as a result. The one time I was like "gently caress this dumb map urgh" was when I moved to a higher floor in an area and the warp point for that floor was at the end of the area so when I died at the start of the area there was no map section for the new area I reached despite seeing over 50% of it. Jesus game, give me a break here.....

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
they are updating the maps next week

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Sakurazuka posted:

Tbf they still announced BotW like four years before it came out.

I think they learned their lesson there

They delayed it, what, two years? People were Not Happy

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Achievements interfere with my enjoyment of a thing. Them simply being there, is like "look, do these or you haven't actually played the game and have nothing to show for it without a Platinum".

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’m returning the anime boob game, I can’t deal with all these boobs.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So, the 'Stern Pinball Arcade' is that different than the normal Pinball Arcade? Cause the selection compared to the normal Pinball Arcade is incredibly limited.

I'll stick with Pinball FX3 for now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Achievements interfere with my enjoyment of a thing. Them simply being there, is like "look, do these or you haven't actually played the game and have nothing to show for it without a Platinum".

:psyduck:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

bef posted:

Where did you see this?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I just ignore them but finding a way to turn them off would be cool simply because I’ve had a few PS4 games basically say “YOU BEAT THE GAME” while running what turned out to be the final cutscene.

Other than that, I choose not to care either way.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

GreenNight posted:

Where did you see this?

I did a quick google to make sure: https://www.rpgsite.net/news/6472-xenoblade-chronicles-2-update-patch-ver-1-1-1-detailed-new-game-feature-teased

-Pressing the X button will let the Skip Travel screen transition to the map you're currently located at. With this, it should be easier to check places on the map such as Skip Travel and Salvage Points.

-Pressing the L stick now shows the zoom ratio of the mini-map. This should improve the visibility of your surroundings and also make checking quest destination points easier.

This is huge since it was always a pain in the rear end trying to find myself on the maps.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

Where did you see this?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/production-notes/index.html#1213

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Thank you!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fancy Hat! posted:

So, the 'Stern Pinball Arcade' is that different than the normal Pinball Arcade? Cause the selection compared to the normal Pinball Arcade is incredibly limited.

I'll stick with Pinball FX3 for now.

This confused me, too. It's the same developer and a nearly identical title logo, but apparently it's the newer/worse version of Pinball Arcade.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rolo posted:

I just ignore them but finding a way to turn them off would be cool simply because I’ve had a few PS4 games basically say “YOU BEAT THE GAME” while running what turned out to be the final cutscene.

Other than that, I choose not to care either way.

People were canceling preorders and getting refunds on Wolfenstein 2 because one of the achievements is very hard to do. There is a subsection of gamers that will base their entire gaming experience on what the achievements are and whether getting the game will increase their arbitrary GAMER NUMBER, and I would generally prefer that developers get money for making good games, as opposed to making fine games that happen to have quest lines that make your console go ding.

I've been playing only my Switch pretty much since March, and not having a meaningless level next to my name has been fantastic.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

That XC2 update says "Takahashi also teases that future upgrades to the game in next year will provide more convenient features to the mini-map" so maybe I'll just stop playing until they fix this poo poo, because navigation is so loving bad it is ruining the entire experience.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fancy Hat! posted:

I did a quick google to make sure: https://www.rpgsite.net/news/6472-xenoblade-chronicles-2-update-patch-ver-1-1-1-detailed-new-game-feature-teased

-Pressing the X button will let the Skip Travel screen transition to the map you're currently located at. With this, it should be easier to check places on the map such as Skip Travel and Salvage Points.

-Pressing the L stick now shows the zoom ratio of the mini-map. This should improve the visibility of your surroundings and also make checking quest destination points easier.

This is huge since it was always a pain in the rear end trying to find myself on the maps.

These are two easy and needed fixes but dont go far enough to solve the deeper issues

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ease of access to the map is my main gripe and it looks like that's getting fixed. Certainly isn't the best map but you can at least navigate around and figure out where you need to go

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Achievements can be good.
75% of a games achievements should be completed automatically by finishing the game.
The other 25% should be spread through the game so that they can be finished in a second play through with an eye on doing X thing. X thing should be worthwhile.

There should be no kill X guy cheevs. There should be no finish on hard level unless you can do the hard level without unlocks. It's stupid when you have to unlock one level in order to unlock hard after. There shouldn't be anything where you have to do something that is completely unnatural to playing the game. Like wear this hat and hold this gun and kill someone by knocking them off a roof. There are too many cheevs that are just busywork.

Can anyone share some good cheevs that added to the experience?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

bef posted:

Did Nintendo confirm this?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Did Nintendo confirm this?

I mean this url prett much confirms it, that was posted not far up...

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/6472-xenoblade-chronicles-2-update-patch-ver-1-1-1-detailed-new-game-feature-teased

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

a.lo posted:

isnt pikmin 4 done

Last we heard was that Pikmin 4 was near completion and that was back towards the end of the WiiU. Given Pikmin isn’t a huge franchise and Nintendo so far is sticking to one major first party game a month release schedule we’ll probably see it announced in between two major franchises in order to not have a gap between releases. I bet it hits in 2018

Edit: clearified 2018 year

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 13, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

This year meaning 2018, right?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

GreenNight posted:

This year meaning 2018, right?

Yeah sorry should’ve been more clear

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I’m returning the anime boob game, I can’t deal with all these boobs.

Like things repel

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Waltzing Along posted:

Can anyone share some good cheevs that added to the experience?

I can't think of a single achievement/trophy that wasn't tied to an in-game unlock that added to the experience.

e: My favorite achievements are the ones tied to online multiplayer, so you actually have to pay money to access the ability to get them. Maybe that's an added experience????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

all of them

• Locked thread