Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I HAVE READ ABOUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
thread “Doug Jones Beats Roy Moore in Alabama Senate Election”

quote:

Stick a fork in Moore—he’s done. Who else lost? Steve Bannon, Sean Hannity, and Trump. This might be the end of Trump—Watch as lots and lots of women come forward with 50 year old claims he “Grouped” Touched, Fondled and kissed them. He and others close to him will be buried in charges. The GOPe will block Trump’s Tax Plan—watch Obamacare is now a permanent part of America. Moore better fight back or he will be going to jail as a Peodiphile. Same with Trump, Donald Jr. Sean Hannity, and others. The Swamp won—I don’t see how this can work out in Trumps favor.

33 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:32:22 AM by Forward the Light Brigade (Into the Jaws of H*ll Onward! Ride to the sound of the guns!)

Was Roy Moore a RASCAL?

quote:

To: Windflier
I agree Wind.....in fact Roy came across to me unprepared...if he couldn't convince Hannity and the viewer he wasn't standing thereafter on solid ground. I tend to think he was likely a rascal 40 years ago....and there were a dime a dozen then. It was a different time when there wasn't a boogey-man behind every bush......so it was unfair to compare that time to today's 'stiff' climate where every act of affection is seen as a come on in one form or another......
----------------------------------------------------------

When are all these women politicians going to call a spade a spade and accuse Brigitte Macron for her teacher-pupil relationship, She was in her 40's and Emmanuel Macron was just 16......plus she was a married at the time. Oh but she's considered by them as a "Barricuda".....

Now 65...

55 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:53:32 AM by caww (freeen)

quote:

I deem this THE FAKE NEWS!!!
We must demand a recount, which will show large amounts of voter fraud, and which will show that Roy Moore won by a landslide! I do not accept the Jones result and neither should any true conservative!

We must deem Roy Moore Senator-in-Exile until he takes his rightful place in the Senate!
8 posted on 12/13/2017, 12:37:29 AM by Max Tactical (MAGA Style!)
I deem this THE GREAT POST!!!

Fruity Rudy fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Dec 13, 2017

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
small break from the Roy Moore harvest to watch Freepers be disgusting woman hating sexual predators in a different thread:

quote:

My Experience With the ‘Good Ol’ Boy’ Culture, and What I’m Doing About It Now
Townhall.com ^ | Dec 13, 2017 | Congressman Diane Black
Posted on 12/13/2017, 1:21:28 AM by Oshkalaboomboom

America is having a reckoning and it’s long overdue. I’m talking about the movement to hold sexual harassers accountable for their actions. This important movement is now shaking the halls of power in Congress and state capitols and I am determined to help lead it.

I remember my first year in the Tennessee House of Representatives. It was 1998, and having spent my career as a nurse and an educator, I had a lot to learn about the legislative process. I immediately figured out that the state House had a “good ol' boy” culture - and learned about the inappropriate actions of some of my male colleagues.

quote:

And now, phase 2. Various women try to seize power wherever they see an opportunity.

3 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:25:39 AM by DesertRhino (Dog is man's best friend, and moslems hate dogs. Add that up. ... we.)

quote:

And what about the women who play sexual games to procure advancement. ? Do they still get rewarded?

4 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:29:26 AM by hoosiermama (When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.DJT)

quote:

All this is about is turning everything that women do not like, into crimes.

That is what it is all about.

Crimes require evidence, not heresay.

5 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:36:52 AM by Secret Agent Man ( Gone Galt; Not averse to Going Bronson.)

quote:

Women crap

I’m done already

7 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:38:30 AM by wardaddy (As a southerner I've never trusted the Grand Old Party.....any questions?)

quote:

Why can’t we just call them congress chicks?

11 posted on 12/13/2017, 2:40:22 AM by right way right (May we remain sober over mere men, for God really is our one and only true hope.)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:gizz:

Thanks to everyone who went digging in the trenches for this bountiful harvest :patriot:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

He is not a sommodite which is arguably far worse.
Save freepers from sommody!

McGlockenshire posted:

Reminder: Alabama has a "voter ID" law already.
It's never good enough by freep eyes until it bans everyone they don't like from voting.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Here's the live thread, in case you want to feel like you were there.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3613030/posts?q=1

quote:

To: Fresh Wind
Calm down, everyone. Moore has this in the bag.

551 posted on 12/12/2017, 6:51:08 PM by Ikemeister
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 401 | View Replies]

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

It's about a 100 pages.

Anyone know when the good stuff starts?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Georgia Peach posted:

Here's the live thread, in case you want to feel like you were there.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3613030/posts?q=1

The tears start around here http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3613030/posts?q=1&;page=1381

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

McGlockenshire posted:

Hello freep thread, it's been a while.

Depending on how well I can spike the egg nog, I may be here to cover Roy Moore surely winning tonight.

In the mean time, go read Townhall dot com: Woke Conservatives And The Awesome Power Of Not Caring and you will see freep and the entire reason Roy Moore will surely win tonight.

Freep is no longer a microcosm of conservative hate. There are actual, real, offline, in-real-life "conservative" factions that are based purely on the hate. We are absolutely hosed.

Happy voting!

I just wanted to quote this, not because I was expecting Jones to win or anything, but because seeing it mysteriously fills me with the rich, buttery taste of what must be imminent freeper death.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Breitbart comments

-
Welfare reform is Trump's payback to the blacks in Alabama.
-
Surely there is some woman out there, who has been sexually molested, groped, or looked at in a lewd way by Jones. They should all come forward now, After all the women have to be believed.
-
SEX, the latest tool of the Dim party
-
White people are to blame for this loss.

White people didn't get out and vote like they should have.

Minorities and guilted white minority suck ups won the day.

Civic nationalists, it's time to start waking up and realizing you're not going to see many more 'wins' as long as multiculturalism is a thing.

Blacks are very tribalistic people. Black Americans even more so. They will vote together.

Whites need to wake the **** up, stop pushing terrible candidates and stop being such apologetic, guilted cucks.
-
Doug Jones made reference to God, woe to him who uses God and his name to sanctify evil. Jones is on God's $hi& list as of today.
-
ISIS sent their congratulations to the Democratic party and Doug Jones. The killing of Christians and Jews just got a little easier.
-
the enemy Satan won

with help from McConnell, Shelby, RNC
-
so when this accusers are proven false, can we get them on Treason for trying to manipulate an election? If lying, then need to hang them high.
-
Hey civic nationalists.... Still embracing multiculturalism?

Race doesn't matter?

93% Black men and 98% Black woman vote tells me identity politics works.

Why aren't white Europeans utilizing identity politics?
-
Allah is having a laugh. Americans voting for their downfall. Sweet home Allah-Obama... drat.
-
Yea. I feel bad for the 3 black guys in Alabama who don't vote for "free shiit".
-
Well I guess you can chalk one up for Satan.
-
To my friends in America. Up here in Canada the Globalists are trying to wipe out the Whites using Fake News propaganda and indoctrination in schools. Their whole plan is to flood White Nations with non Whites and give them the White peoples' jobs, housing and money and in return have the non-Whites out-vote the Whites in their own country. Black women make up 18% of the electorate in Alabama and voted 97% to 3% for Jones over Moore. Canadians and Americans will soon run out of time to preserve their Nations against mass non-White immigration if they do not stop the Globalists. All Whites must vote along cultural political lines or risk losing everything!
-
Once Again, the idiot RINOs crucify their own. I hope every conservative politician knows that your past deeds, whether true or some paid bimbo to come forward, are gonna be used against you in every election. The Senate will belong to the Demoncraps again in no time at all. I hope all you idiot blacks that voted for Jones realize that ALL THE ILLEGALS ARE GONNA GET OUR JOBS. Once again, you stupid blacks with the brains of monkeys are gonna live on the plantation...you'll never be free as long as you continue to put in office people that are AGAINST YOU. Also, your black so-called "activists" are paid by liberal Soros-funded orgs that want to keep you in line...and those black "activists" are getting paid to keep you there. HOW STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE!!!
-
Oh dear, another baby-parts-loving, pro-sodomite commie in the Senate.
-
Mitch McConnell got his wish.Doug Jones made reference to God, woe to him who uses God and his name to sanctify evil. Jones is on God's $hi& list as of today.
-
White people are to blame for this loss.

White people didn't get out and vote like they should have.

Minorities and guilted white minority suck ups won the day.

Civic nationalists, it's time to start waking up and realizing you're not going to see many more 'wins' as long as multiculturalism is a thing.

Blacks are very tribalistic people. Black Americans even more so. They will vote together.

Whites need to wake the **** up, stop pushing terrible candidates and stop being such apologetic, guilted cucks.
-

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Office Pig posted:

I just wanted to quote this, not because I was expecting Jones to win or anything, but because seeing it mysteriously fills me with the rich, buttery taste of what must be imminent freeper death.

Yeah at the time it was posted I was ready to post a smug one about how that article was nothing more than childish chest thumping, but I decided not to tempt fate again.

Someone should reply to the author on that article saying that's great that you don't care, good for you. The rest of society, which you have just firmly positioned yourself on the fringe of, does. So there.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The repeated comments are weirding me out. I’m guessing they’re from bots?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Furious Trump says Republicans will eventually 'have another shot' at Alabama's Senate seat as shell-shocked White House blames Steve Bannon for stunning loss

Holy poo poo, they're turning on Bannon!

quote:

Bannon is now officially the Carl Rove of 2017.

I am certain many Bannonites will disagree and will swarm to defend him, but this loss hangs around Bannon's head.

Moreover, recent stories have said that it was Bannon who convinced Trump that pillars of the impending Tax Bill were winners politically.

Trump believed Bannon.

I think last night may have just been a prelude for a disasterous 2018 unless we shift gears and, the GOP starts to actually pass legislation that they ran on in 2016 instead of what we now have.

1 posted on 12/13/2017, 3:25:10 AM by SkyPilot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: SkyPilot

Mitch McConnell got what he wanted. Now nothing gets done in the Senate. I’m sure Mitch sees this as an establishment win.

4 posted on 12/13/2017, 3:30:52 AM by OrioleFan (Republicans believe every day is July 4th, Democrats believe every day is April 15th.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Now why didn't we just go with that nice Strange fella?

quote:

Mitch is completely worthless as a “leader” but Crazy roy lost all on his own... Trump was right not to back him. Strange would have easily won... now the best we can hope for is Jones being a DINO... he will have to be in Bama.

6 posted on 12/13/2017, 3:39:56 AM by wyowolf (Be ware when the preachers take over the Republican party...)

I love the Freepers who are at least vaguely aware that this is one of the biggest political own goals since Brexit.

quote:

THE GOP never wanted to implement Trump’s agenda(i.e. the Conservative Agenda).

The GOP doesn’t want “Tax Reform,” or to “repeal Obamacare,” or “Build the Wall/tighten immigration law.” The GOP is not for de-funding Planned Parenthood. The GOP will NEVER pass Steinle’s Law.

The GOP is a fraud. Anyone who believes the GOP is conservative, ethical, and pro Small Government is a drat fool.

Trump chose Sessions as his AG. That choice was so bad it turns out it will be fatal for the Trump Administration. And likely fatal for the country.

Nothing will pass Congress until the Deep State reclaims the Presidency in 2020. The Republican Party is dead.

7 posted on 12/13/2017, 3:43:27 AM by TTFlyer

quote:

To: TTFlyer

Trump chose Sessions as his AG. That choice was so bad it turns out it will be fatal for the Trump Administration.

True. Had Sessions stayed in the senate, he would have been one more reliable vote for the Trump agenda, and the tumult caused by his recusal would never have occurred.

9 posted on 12/13/2017, 3:51:28 AM by Salvey
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

I totally would have voted for Hefner.

quote:

To: wyowolf

The same folks who wouldn’t impeach Bill Clinton did this. They pre impeached Moore. The same groups would have voted in Hugh Hefner. The generation that loses the moral battles will soon lose the wars. It was a great country.

10 posted on 12/13/2017, 4:02:38 AM by KDF48 (Redeemed by Christ.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Ahaha they're starting to turn on Moore! :allears:

quote:

To: KDF48

sorry the ONLY person to blame is Crazy Roy himself... he literally was probably the ONLY candidate in Bama the rats could beat, he was deeply flawed... but his huge ego wouldnt let him quit... it was all about him.

11 posted on 12/13/2017, 4:03:56 AM by wyowolf (Be ware when the preachers take over the Republican party...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Fake News!

quote:

If someone set out to write a piece based on fantasy and non-information, they couldn’t do a better job. Why is this useless gossip rag even quoted here?

16 posted on 12/13/2017, 4:23:12 AM by Pravious

Shelby! :argh:

quote:

The problem is northern AL went soft. It was bright red for Trump but pink and light blue for Moore. I blame senator Shelby, the patron of the northern AL technology corridor, for that. He broke his usual silence to express disapproval of Moore and advocate for a write-in the weekend before the election. That made college educated suburban types and probably some evangelicals in the northern part of the state comfortable with the idea of staying home.

Northern AL was the one variable that moved in an unexpected direction. Every other factor was predictable and all the players played their standard roles. We knew Mitch and the Washington swamp were going to backstab Moore. But who knew an Alabama senator would backstab him? You can see the Shelby effect in the write-in margin that Trump noted in his tweet.

20 posted on 12/13/2017, 4:37:42 AM by Yardstick

Well he never liked Moore anyway!

quote:

To: CommieCutter

Trump staked his political reputation on the advice of Steve Bannon, his hard-right former chief strategist who campaigned hard for Moore despite...

Not true at all. No part of it. Trump was not with Moore. He did jump in after the race looked winnable to save a seat in the senate. Trump is practical and saw how critical a 52nd vote is.

21 posted on 12/13/2017, 4:38:16 AM by ilgipper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
À propos of elections, I've seen voter suppression mentioned a couple of times in this and other D&D threads. Would any goon be kind enough to explain it to a clueless Eastern European? One thing in particular that weirded me out was voter IDs, which I've always seen as par for the course included as means of suppression.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Aumanor posted:

À propos of elections, I've seen voter suppression mentioned a couple of times in this and other D&D threads. Would any goon be kind enough to explain it to a clueless Eastern European? One thing in particular that weirded me out was voter IDs, which I've always seen as par for the course included as means of suppression.

voter ID is fine

when you require voter ID, and remove their availability any county that is not majority-white, you are barring from voting anyone that cannot travel to a different county on a weekday.

Non majority-white countys are obviously harder hit by poverty, and less likely to have the free time to go elsewhere during working weekdays. In Alabama I think the statistic was that there was not a single place to get a valid voter ID in any county that had a 75% nonwhite population or over, at all. It was a direct and obvious attempt to disenfranchise minority voters by making sure they were not able to meet the requirements, and that behaviour is normal in many southern US states. The practice of closing DMVs and other places to get voter ID in minority communities and counties correlates exactly with the introduction of voter ID.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Aumanor posted:

The most common form of ID in the US (by far) is a driver's license. One of the simplest ways to suppress a demographic you don't like is to implement a requirement for photographic id in order to vote, and then start closing/consolidating DMVs so that people might have to travel as much as an hour away to get a valid photo ID. As you can probably guess, this has a disproportionate effect on people who are impoverished (and minorities).

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Aumanor posted:

Short version: made it hard for people to vote, and then you don't have to worry about their candidate upsetting yours. Require an ID and then remove the only ID making facility close to them, or have it open only when they're busy with work. Require voter registration in advance, and take people off the registration for an reason you can think up. Put polling places in inconvenient areas and give less machines to areas your opponent has support in, so they have to wait a long time in line. Send messages giving them the wrong polling location, or the wrong date.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Breitbart comments
-
Allah is having a laugh.
The implications of how this commenter's theology works are fascinating.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
For example, after Alabama made voter ID a requirement, the governor first tried to close DMV offices in rural black-majority counties, then compromised on opening them only one day per month.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Lord Hydronium posted:

The implications of how this commenter's theology works are fascinating.
Moon god etc. etc.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aumanor posted:

The United States doesn't have any form of national ID card where you can get an ID just by existing as a citizen. Getting an ID requires going to the DMV to get either a driver's license/learner's permit or a state ID, which typically takes an hour or more even on a slow day and is only open at the same time that most businesses are open for work. This means that for poor people working 10 or 12 hour shifts or multiple jobs to make ends meet, it can be literally impossible to make the time to go to the DMV. Getting an ID also typically requires you to provide documentation proving your citizenship like a birth certificate, marriage record, Social Security card, etc. and those can be hard to get when you're poor and overworked and your parents didn't give you all of that when you were growing up.

The very long history of discrimination against non-whites in America continues to this day, and the lack of opportunities have ensured that a very high proportion of the poor in America are black or Latino. People in poverty are typically kept in poverty through things like cutting funding to underperforming schools as punishment for poor grades (which are almost always in non-white areas and underperforming because they're underfunded) and discriminatory policing practices, which also serves to keep black and Latino people in poverty because they're more likely to have those hardships in the first place. This also helps people think that they're not racist and it's just all the blacks' fault that they can't bootstrap themselves, because they can't figure out how policies that aren't racist in the text still result in discrimination.

Of course, the poor and minorities tend to vote for the left-wing party that doesn't overtly call Mexicans drug dealers and rapists. Strict voter ID laws hit the poor and minorities the most, which helps keep the traditionally left-wing voters from actually coming to the polls. 25% of Alabama is black, but they have a very low turnout due to poverty and voter ID laws combining to make it hard for them to vote.

Edit: There's other methods of voter suppression, like gerrymandering (you redraw districts in bizarre ways that remove undesirables from your district and make the majority people who support your party) and felon disenfranchisement (because minorities are more likely to have issues with poverty, they're also more likely to end up caught up in crime and black people are proven to be sentenced more harshly than whites for the same crime).

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 13, 2017

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!
Young Orc

yep definitely wasn't the dude that tried to gently caress teens that cost them the election

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

Edit: There's other methods of voter suppression, like gerrymandering (you redraw districts in bizarre ways that remove undesirables from your district and make the majority people who support your party) and felon disenfranchisement (because minorities are more likely to have issues with poverty, they're also more likely to end up caught up in crime and black people are proven to be sentenced more harshly than whites for the same crime).
Especially for Alabama you can't understate felony disenfranchisement. 7% of the state are disenfranchised (and even after serving their time can't get it back until they've paid all relevant fines and fees, which many can't afford due to being poor) and among African Americans it's a whopping 15%! of their population that has been disenfranchised, which also skews heavily towards men. So if you see the numbers for voter makeup where it's 12% AA men and 18% AA women, don't think that black men were less engaged than women just from that number, a lot of them just do not have the right to vote.
Felony disenfranchisement + mass incarceration is loving nuts in what it does to democratic representation in the south.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

chitoryu12 posted:

The United States doesn't have any form of national ID card where you can get an ID just by existing as a citizen.

What the hell, you guys are weird and bad at being a country imo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

Any effort gets shot down as "government overreach" because Americans are generally paranoid as gently caress about the federal government trying to control and murder them.

Which, you know, isn't totally wrong.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fathis Munk posted:

Dude, we do way worse poo poo than that.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

Any effort gets shot down as "government overreach" because Americans are generally paranoid as gently caress about the federal government trying to control and murder them.

Which, you know, isn't totally wrong.

Also the :freep: MARK OF THE BEAST!!! :freep: crowd also flips out over it, much as they did Social Security numbers when those became a thing.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mllaneza posted:

1. "Judge" Roy Moore lost African-American voters and lost an election.

2. The ancestors of those voters were, ahem, "imported".

3. By the ideological ancestors of Roy Moore voters.

5: and the final nail in Moore's coffin was prepped and set by SELMA ALABAMA. gently caress. Yeah.

So miners let me know: do ANY of these posts ever discuss actual policy? Anything at all beyond "Vote Moore: Republican"? I mean I somewhat understand Jones: moderate Democrat, a bit skittish but can be counted on to reliably vote for big ticket items even if he can't get a pass. So, as far as him being an Alabama Democrat, I'm ok with him being elected so is there anything at all comparable? Did they EVER come up with a reason to vote for Moore beyond "Republican"?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

5: and the final nail in Moore's coffin was prepped and set by SELMA ALABAMA. gently caress. Yeah.

So miners let me know: do ANY of these posts ever discuss actual policy? Anything at all beyond "Vote Moore: Republican"? I mean I somewhat understand Jones: moderate Democrat, a bit skittish but can be counted on to reliably vote for big ticket items even if he can't get a pass. So, as far as him being an Alabama Democrat, I'm ok with him being elected so is there anything at all comparable? Did they EVER come up with a reason to vote for Moore beyond "Republican"?

'Pro-life' is about the closest to actual policy these people get

The rest is all (also) GOP death cult nonsense

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Moore was pretty vocal about what he wanted to accomplish. Abortion ban, homosexuality ban, ban Muslims from holding elected office, recognize Christianity as the state religion, etc. The how was a different story, but there was a lot for freeper to like.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Also the :freep: MARK OF THE BEAST!!! :freep: crowd also flips out over it, much as they did Social Security numbers when those became a thing.

I want a crypto tag to replace my social security number. You can place the physical decryption chip in my arm or something. Bonus if I can attach my debit card for easy swiping.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Keeshhound posted:

Dude, we do way worse poo poo than that.

I mean yeah, but sometimes it's the little things that drive the point home. I mean come on, ID cards.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I love the RIGGED post.

What party is in charge of the statewide governmental machinery in loving ALABAMA I wonder?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zwabu posted:

I love the RIGGED post.

What party is in charge of the statewide governmental machinery in loving ALABAMA I wonder?

GOPE! RINOS! DEEP STATE!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Zwabu posted:

I love the RIGGED post.

Hillary and her busses full of Gay, Muslim, Black/Mexican Crisis Actors of course.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

Edit: There's other methods of voter suppression, like gerrymandering (you redraw districts in bizarre ways that remove undesirables from your district and make the majority people who support your party)

For a great example of this, look at the map of Texas Congressional Districts around the Austin area. Every district in Texas, ideally, should have a population of ~700k. The Austin/Round Rock metropolitan area has a population of ~2,000,000 people, which means that Austin, which trends heavily liberal, could easily be three districts for the Dems.

However, it's gerrymandered so that District 35(Lloyd Doggett-D) covers a good bit of Austin, then stretches down along the interstate to cover a good bit of downtown San Antonio. This isolates a lot of Dem voters into one district and keeps them from 'contaminating' other districts.

The rest of Austin is picked up by districts 21, 25, 31, 17, and 10, which are designed in such a way that they dilute Austin's voters with large chunks of rural voters. As such, they go red and the heavily liberal Austin metropolitan area only gives the Dems a single seat.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

If Bannon is actually destroyed by his own base turning on him I will never stop smiling

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Khizan posted:

For a great example of this, look at the map of Texas Congressional Districts around the Austin area. Every district in Texas, ideally, should have a population of ~700k. The Austin/Round Rock metropolitan area has a population of ~2,000,000 people, which means that Austin, which trends heavily liberal, could easily be three districts for the Dems.

However, it's gerrymandered so that District 35(Lloyd Doggett-D) covers a good bit of Austin, then stretches down along the interstate to cover a good bit of downtown San Antonio. This isolates a lot of Dem voters into one district and keeps them from 'contaminating' other districts.

The rest of Austin is picked up by districts 21, 25, 31, 17, and 10, which are designed in such a way that they dilute Austin's voters with large chunks of rural voters. As such, they go red and the heavily liberal Austin metropolitan area only gives the Dems a single seat.

Gerrymandering might get hosed by SCOTUS, though. So if you want to be absolutely sure you're stripping the dirty minorities and poors, it's felon disenfranchisement, all the way.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Keeshhound posted:

Gerrymandering might get hosed by SCOTUS, though. So if you want to be absolutely sure you're stripping the dirty minorities and poors, it's felon disenfranchisement, all the way.

This lovely SCOTUS? Nah. Ain't gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Alabama senator: 'Relieved' Moore lost Senate race posted by freeper detective

the excerpt posted:

"Relieved? Yes that's a good word. I'm relieved and I believe a lot of Republicans are relieved that Roy Moore and some of his people aren't the face of the Republican party," he told reporters when asked if he was feeling any relief over Tuesday's election results.

Priorities.

quote:

To: detective

Babies will die, Senator. Relieved about that?

2 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:05:00 PM by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either satire or opinion. Or both.)

Making a list and checking it twice,

quote:

I’ll be relieved when we retire the last undocumented Democrat in an R jersey.

Alexander, Corker, Flake, Graham, Hatch, Heller, Hoeven, Murkowsky, McCain, Rubio, Gardner, Burr, Tillis, Portman, McConnell, Thune, Cornyn, Cochran, Isackson, Blunt, Johnson, Toomey, Capito, Kennedy, Rounds, Fischer, Collins, Wicker, Sasse, Ernst, Lankford, Young, Boozman and Shelby are all undocumented Democrats in R jerseys.

3 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:05:58 PM by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here Of Citizen Parents - Know Islam, No Peace -No Islam, Know Peace)

Oh man they're angry.

quote:

To: House Atreides

He will be dead soon, let him enjoy what he can while he can.

7 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:08:34 PM by McGavin999 ("The press is impotent when it abandons itself to falsehood."Thomas Jefferson)

Freep has a huge, huge hardon for dead babies.

quote:

The road to his house should be lined with signs bearing two things:

1. YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS

2. images of the aborted children whose blood will now be on his hands.

The man shouldn’t be able to even go to his own home without having that staring him in the face - the voice of the constituents he’s screwed.

11 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:09:51 PM by butterdezillion

:thunk:

quote:

The challenge I had with moore was that I really wanted him to win, but I didn’t want him to be senator.

More specifically, I wanted the uniparty/msm unholy alliance to fail in their deeply financed scorched earth slime campaign more than I wanted a true loose canon to be kept from the senate.

So the good news is that moore will not be in the senate. The bad new is that the machine won. Their tactics worked.

However, come 2018 they will have more than one front to defend/attack.

17 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:15:03 PM by robroys woman (So you're not confused, I'm male.)

I wonder if freep knows about the Southern Strategy.

quote:

To: Lurkinanloomin

Shelby is a documented Democrat. He was a Democrat before switching to Republican.

26 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:22:05 PM by Robert DeLong

quote:

Shelby exposes his inner ‘Rat. Of course he'd be relieved that a Republican (you know, his own party nominally) lost.

There can be no clearer sign than this that the uniParty is real. The uniParty represents the penthouse archipelago, that tiny region made up of urban islands moated off from the real world by beltways, reigned over by oligarchs ensconced in their crystal towers. The uniParty opposes any and all who adhere to the founding principles of this country. The uniParty believes in rule by the elite, for the elite. They've retrogressed back past fascism to feudalism.

27 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:23:17 PM by Paine in the Neck ( Socialism consumes EVERYTHING!)

quote:

To: BenLurkin

Babies will die, Senator. Relieved about that?

Not relieved, just doesn't give a flip. He's relieved that the festival of vote buying and power idolatry will go on unabated.

32 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:25:44 PM by Theophilus (Repent)

Freepers:

quote:

Death to the Republican party.

The sooner the better

39 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:29:41 PM by rockrr (Everything is different now...)

Tagline.

quote:

To: Lurkinanloomin

But really, what’s the difference? Don’t 9/10ths of the Republicans in Congress agree with Democrats on most things, or at least, agree with where Democrats are going but just want to slow the “progress”? Who is an advocate in Congress for the unborn? For the right of the people to keep and bear arms? (The Democrats attempted to assassinate the last true advocate of RKBA in the House, and these days he is trying to keep his nose clean).

46 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:42:54 PM by backwoods-engineer (GOP destroyed Judge Roy Moore. GOP delenda est.)

Lots of posts by 2008 freeper backwoods-engineer in this thread.

quote:

To: Digger

I agree with you. And it will be LESS than 5-10 years. We are headed full-throttle in the maw of the Fourth Turning Crisis. Read the book, “Fourth Turning.” It happens about every 80 years (WWII was the last one) but some are worse than others. This one is going to be MASSIVE. Deaths in the hundreds of millions, I expect.

50 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:47:28 PM by backwoods-engineer (GOP destroyed Judge Roy Moore. GOP delenda est.)
I'll summarize that stuff through the final bit on the giant wikipedia page about it: "the theory is too vague to be proven wrong, and has not been taken seriously by most professional historians. But it is superficially compelling, and plots out to some degree how America’s history has unfolded since its founding"

freeper backwoods-engineer is pretty much despondent at this point.

quote:

To: JonPreston

If they try and impeach Trump best we drop the rhetoric. Our kids and grand kids are going to inherit this nation.

Will they? I expect it will break up before I die.

54 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:50:52 PM by backwoods-engineer (GOP destroyed Judge Roy Moore. GOP delenda est.)

quote:

To: detective; All

You know, the more I thought about how hard the whole establishment, including dems/repubs/the medias/etc. all coordinated & munipulated, to came down on one God-fearing man. Only those backed by pure evil would do something like that. It really does make one wonder if those rumors about Luciferians running our governments are more than true.

Maybe this is all a part of more awakening.

56 posted on 12/13/2017, 1:51:38 PM by Conservative Gato (There are NOW 4 kind of LIES; Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics, and the Media.)

There's really not much in the rest of the thread...

quote:

Ignorant RINO piece of poo poo.

80 posted on 12/13/2017, 4:34:01 PM by OldSmaj (The only thing washed on a filthy liberal is their damned brains.)