Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

If you think I have the time or audacity to write SC fanfic, you don't really know me then . . .

:negative:

That's what your posts in this thread are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AP posted:

December 13th 15:35 GMT

Just before news leaks.

This is actually somewhat fascinating.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

AP posted:

It's actually happening, the next few days are going to be amazing.*

*2 weeks tops.

I'm hoping its so huge that /r/starcitizen has a complete meltdown and people start camping out in front of CIG offices.

But Derek has been crying wolf for 2 years straight, so meh.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eldragon posted:

I'm hoping its so huge that /r/starcitizen has a complete meltdown and people start camping out in front of CIG offices.

But Derek has been crying wolf for 2 years straight, so meh.

Derek first had to build up his blogs, so technically crying wolf only started two weeks ago

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Derek's news *is* big.

You can quote the poo poo out of this.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

All you're doing by spinning this is further eroding your credibility when it turns out to be nothing, or leaving everyone underwhelmed when it turns out to be something but not much.

I am Derek Smart's internet credibility, hear me roar.

Daztek posted:

Derek first had to build up his blogs, so technically crying wolf only started two weeks ago

:five:

fuctifino posted:

Derek's news *is* big.

You can quote the poo poo out of this.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

I am Derek Smart's internet credibility, hear me roar.

Our Warlord and Dear Uncle has basically the Amex Black/Centurion card when it comes to internet credit.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Bayonnefrog posted:

I say this in chat at the start of some of the Heroes of the Storm games I play. Just to get a rise out of any cultists that happen to be playing.

Is that sorry?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Our Warlord and Dear Uncle has basically the Amex Black/Centurion card when it comes to internet credit.

And you can take THAT to the BANK!*

* Not actually redeemable in a bank.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Bribase posted:

Who here would believe me if I said I was a CIG employee? Be honest.

I could believe it. You seem immature enough to think that CIG is going to conquer the world of space games. So, realistically, you are perfect hire for them. Cheap to pay, rabid fanboy, and willing to rebuild the cutlass 500 times, and still not get to kiss the ring, or get it approved.

If you’re not already working there, I can put you in contact with their recruiters.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Derek Smart was right. Its already public, just waiting for derek july blog post in december.
2 weeks

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Daztek posted:

You're right, Derek's Wolf Crying is still in alpha, and shouldn't be judged by normal "Called It" standards. It's well documented that Cassandra took 8 years to carve her omens into stone before presenting them to Agamemnon.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

This isn't so much of something that he actually called. This is proof positive he HAS been sitting on some real info from real insiders.

I have this weekend’s Powerball numbers

but I can’t tell you what they are until next week

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Did anything big happen this time?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sickening posted:

Did anything big happen this time?

Nah

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Zzr posted:

That's what your posts in this thread are.

oh snap.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Variable 5 posted:

I have this weekend’s Powerball numbers

but I can’t tell you what they are until next week

It's Space Court.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

December 13th 15:35 GMT

Just before news leaks.

That graph is totally organic, no cause for alarm.

It's not like the funding chart has been demonstrating statistical anomalies, and violating mathematical laws of finance, for years.

Somebody should run a check on Benford's law against the funding history. Might be interesting.

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

DapperDon posted:

This isn't so much of something that he actually called. This is proof positive he HAS been sitting on some real info from real insiders.

WHO GIVES A poo poo if he never actually CALLS it?

I've talked to CIG employees before so I technically have "inside info" but no one should care because I've never shared it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mne nravitsya posted:

Someone needs to repost the little comic of someone sharing something with derek and then derek, taking it and calling it his own.

Thoatse, you’re the master of old images, you probably have it handy lol

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

It's not like the funding chart has been demonstrating statistical anomalies, and violating mathematical laws of finance, for years.

Somebody should run a check on Benford's law against the funding history. Might be interesting.

It is actually normal. The last day of the sale was the 11th.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

poo poo the quote out of this if you want.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Solarin posted:

poo poo the quote out of this if you want.

I did.
It was glorious.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sarsapariller posted:

I am astonished that there's any doubt about this, so far into things. There's definitely some people I've suspected.

Yeah, there are a couple who stand out.

Often after Chris Roberts drops some mind-boggling new sizzle reel that has average backers weeping with ecstatic gratitude and sky high hopes, you’ll see a familiar name actually jumping to steer narratives gently back to earth. It’s conspicuous in part because usually, that very same name is engaged in suppressing dissent or as a battle-tested soldier in CIG’s world-class Organizational Deviance Normalization Army. They have all the zeal of a zealot yet absolutely no interest indulging in the theorycrafting typical of them.

Its often made me wonder if such a person is actually a beleaguered employee with deep line-of-sight into the project state and thus trapped in a psychic dilemma. They’d know their steady paycheck derives from the selling of outlandish expectations yet they themselves are chained to perpetual crunch in service of a delivering a mundane parody of such hopes. We know that dilemma is very real for we’ve seen it openly declared by employees elsewhere, so it would not surprise me at all if this atypical variant — the strident CIG loyalist who nevertheless likes to deflate hype bubbles as they swell — is actually an employee.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Hero! That makes laugh everytime I see it. I need to have that printed to canvas and hung in my living room.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

:bravo::perfect::five::perfect::five::bravo::five::bravo::perfect:

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

[quote="G0RF" post=""479308081"] They’d know their steady paycheck derives from the selling of outlandish expectations yet they themselves are chained to perpetual crunch in service of a delivering a mundane parody of such hopes. We know that dilemma is very real for we’ve seen it openly declared by employees elsewhere.
[/quote]

You sir, deserve a Pulitzer prize for summing up the entire AAA game industry in two sentences

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

You know some serious poo poo is happening since Moma(toast) is active in the thread :smug:
More info coming in 2 weeks (or sooner than that)

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Sarsapariller posted:

I am astonished that there's any doubt about this, so far into things. There's definitely some people I've suspected.

My inquiry was about that specific leak. Of course we are infiltrated: by CIG, r/ds, r/sc, and r/yep_it's_me_toast.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

Like what do you think is going to happen? You're kind of implying that this is a class action suit, which can be filed by anyone who wants to check the appropriate box in a complaint sheet. It can't be a concluded class-action against CIG unless the class was some really tiny group, because if it had been in progress we'd have been hearing about it for months. A brand-new class-action might be bad news for them, or it might be nothing, it would depend entirely on the injuries claimed and what state they were filing it in.

All you're doing by spinning this is further eroding your credibility when it turns out to be nothing, or leaving everyone underwhelmed when it turns out to be something but not much.

A class action suit wouldn't probably amount to much, but what if the class isn't just a bunch of whiny backers? What if some private investors who have actual money have taken a quick peak into things and don't like what they see? That would be far more interesting.

This is, of course, assuming anything is happening at all. Just remember I called it if it does happen and if it doesn't, then I also called that.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

XK posted:

First I've heard of that law. Interesting.
You could check the daily totals on that funding spreadsheet someone has been maintaining, not sure the hourly data is available or not.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

In case you were wondering, Bayonnefrog, this is the time for that "I want to believe" poster and maybe some lighthearted jokes about calling it and ELEs and such. Just take it easy and don't get sucked in - there's a very high likelihood that in the next day or two someone is going to get really mad about Derek's "two weeks" shtick which will then make someone else really mad about that person being mad, and it's not worth being in the middle of that stupid slapfight.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 13, 2017

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

2 weeks. Something will happen before that feel free to quote this. :smug:

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Dos semanas.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Dark Off posted:

In less than two weeks, a complete stranger dressed in a red cloak will infiltrate the homes of billions of people. Calling it.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bayonnefrog posted:

I say this in chat at the start of some of the Heroes of the Storm games I play. Just to get a rise out of any cultists that happen to be playing.

Is that sorry?

Why would cultists be playing a real game, though?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Dark Off posted:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mne nravitsya posted:

You sir, deserve a Pulitzer prize for summing up the entire AAA game industry in two sentences

I’m just glad this doesn’t apply to CIG since they’re building the world’s first Quadruple A game. They simply have no need to falsely hype the game because by its very categorization it meets then exceeds all prior standards of Fidelity.

Fidelity isn’t just about polycounts and pixel-pushing, it’s a promise of faithfulness from the very man tasked by providence to save PC Gaming. And when the history books are written about The World’s First AAAA Game, Chris Roberts will be remembered as “The Man Who Brought Fidelity Back to Gaming” not just visually but morally.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
A fortnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

:toxx: 2 weeks something will happen :toxx: