Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Yeah, they got fired from ECW after showing Paul E. their SS tattoos.

Because they showed Raven - who's Jewish - their newly inked tats and Raven's immediate response was "what the gently caress - oh wait, I know what I can do about these scumfucks. Go show Paul (whose mom is a Holocaust survivor)!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Rockstar Tuber

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Midnightghoul posted:

Rockstar Tuber

Cockstar Tuber.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The Cameo posted:

Because they showed Raven - who's Jewish - their newly inked tats and Raven's immediate response was "what the gently caress - oh wait, I know what I can do about these scumfucks. Go show Paul (whose mom is a Holocaust survivor)!"

Wow. Those Harris Brothers are some real winners. I have heard some really disturbing stories about them over the years. I am kind of surprised that people are actually willing to do business with them.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Djarum posted:

Wow. Those Harris Brothers are some real winners. I have heard some really disturbing stories about them over the years. I am kind of surprised that people are actually willing to do business with them.

Maybe people are just Less willing to Not do business with them. Out of fear.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Fear? I would kick both of their asses somewhat easily, or with mild adversity if they wield muramasa and masamune blades.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

The Cameo posted:

This story is amazing. Ravens the best.

Maybe (Raven) Rulez?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Djarum posted:

It's not that surprising. Dick Murdoch was in the KKK and was booked as a big name everywhere for years. Wrestling attracts a lot of scummy people.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Djarum posted:

My favorite Harris story is Macho Man heard Hogan might be in the area when he did his brief TNA stint in 2004. He was afraid Hogan might try to shoot on him so he had Ron Harris act as his bodyguard.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Don't forget that Dixie Carter also used the Harris Brothers to intimidate TNA production staff that were short paid because TNA couldn't afford to pay them what they were owed. They are complete fuckmen.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

My favorite Harris story is Macho Man heard Hogan might be in the area when he did his brief TNA stint in 2004. He was afraid Hogan might try to shoot on him so he had Ron Harris act as his bodyguard.

I think they produced his album or something? There was some prior relationship from Randys rap career that led to this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

I think they produced his album or something? There was some prior relationship from Randys rap career that led to this.

He managed the tour. He was working in country and Christian music at the time. No clue if he was trying to manage Prussian Blue.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I thought the story was that Shlak isn't actually a nazi himself, he just had an unfortunate picture of him doing the heil hitler salute while drinking with skinheads taken years ago?

I mean, yeah, bad look partying with skinheads and doing drunk heil hitler salutes, but if it was before he was even in the wrestling buisness and he has seemingly convincingly to me publicly repudiated any belief in racism, white supremacy, or nazism, should it really cost him bookings?

Especially in an industry with the Harris brothers who haven't repudiated poo poo doing just fine?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

shlaks defense of himself was, for hours, refusing to condemn nazis without in the same breath also condemning "anti-nazis" because he doesn't like politics and he's met all kinds of friendly people from all walks of life as a tattoo artist (also he won't deny giving members of the atlantic city skinheads nazi tattoos)

oatgan fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 14, 2017

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah but still failing to hate Nazis as much as any reasonable people should is still a lot less condemnable than actually being one.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

As a traditional skin-head and a SHARP supporter, white power shitheads and their "totally not racist, have you seen my rune tattoo" friends are irritating shitheads. I avoid shaving my head because I don't want to have a conversation with the Racists, or give people the wrong idea about me.

Man, I just like punk rock, suspenders/boots, and Stone Cold. I'm not one of those dweebs.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sub Rosa posted:

Yeah but still failing to hate Nazis as much as any reasonable people should is still a lot less condemnable than actually being one.
That is certainly a take

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

rovert posted:

"James Michael Curtin, aka Rockstar Spud in Impact Wrestling, is slated to start with World Wrestling Entertainment next week at the post-Clash of Champions PPV TV tapings."

For 205Live

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/114156/spoiler-on-planned-wwe-debut-for-international-star.html

Good for him. I like the Spud.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sub Rosa posted:

That's called 'being a Nazi collaborator' and no it's about as bad

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

Ron and Don Harris the main people running it had Nazi ties. For example one has has/had an SS tattoo:

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/940340688901824512

There's also the old story about them getting kicked out of ECW after neither Raven nor Heyman were amused by their SS logo shirts

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Thauros posted:

There's also the old story about them getting kicked out of ECW after neither Raven nor Heyman were amused by their SS logo shirts

Why would they even try and get booked for a group where the booker and the top heel are very obviously Jewish? Like, I know they can't be that smart, but like... what makes you think it's a good idea to have your Nazi tats and shirts on display and go to ECW?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've found the problem. The assumption they gave it any thought whatsoever is generous at best

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWELeaksDotOrg/status/941642857173090304

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Most recent 5Dimes odds

Mojo -1700
Styles -600
Corbin -385
Charlotte -675
Usos -150
Owens/Zayn - 975
Bludgeon Bros -2150

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
breezango noooooo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also not that it means poo poo at this point over a month away, but just for fun

They have Rumble winner odds up as of this weekend

Reigns is the favorite

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

spoiler: water is wet

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the fact that you can bet on professional wrestling is one of the funniest things, but gamblers will gamble on anything

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Let's see what PaddyPower's rumble odds look like!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bet on triple h

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Obama is easy money at those odds

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

All my money on Barack "Attack" Obama

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Endless Mike posted:

All my money on Barack "Attack" Obama

It rhymes with Gulak!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You will all feel foolish when George Bush III debuts to win the Rumble and continue the MMA invasion.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
http://www.nationwidearena.com/schedule/event_info.php?id=1787

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
So wait Fastlane is a smackdown shown? They're seriously going from October to April with no raw brand PPVs?

Also that five way sounds cool as poo poo.

e: forgot about E-Chamber

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope plans change because I'm so loving sick of four-ways/five-ways/SIX PACK CHALLENGES or whatever the gently caress. It's gotta be WWE's laziest booking crutch in recent memory.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

I hope plans change because I'm so loving sick of four-ways/five-ways/SIX PACK CHALLENGES or whatever the gently caress. It's gotta be WWE's laziest booking crutch in recent memory.

What about "heel champ walks out/intentionally gets DQed"?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Karmine posted:

So wait Fastlane is a smackdown shown? They're seriously going from October to April with no raw brand PPVs?

Also that five way sounds cool as poo poo.

e: forgot about E-Chamber

Also, LOL, every dual brand show is really a Raw PPV with maybe an AJ Styles and a Charlotte match if you're lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

VJeff posted:

What about "heel champ walks out/intentionally gets DQed"?

That goes beyond recent memory