Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I find this pretty believable, honestly.

Because as amateurish as Cernovich & Co are, I don't think they'd be able to even do a reasonable document forgery, even with stupid written on every page.

edit: I'm seriously "either way" on this. Both ways show them to be morons, so both are pretty believable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

10k is cheap to avoid prison.

I doubt that person isn't him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DLC Inc posted:

are Cernovich and Johnson really going to get charged or is that just wishful thinking

if they had it forged and it sounds from social media posts that they did. they are indeed hosed. trump wont save them(he doesnt even know or care who they are).

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Ahhhhhahahahaha

No, no you see, I was tricked too!

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

are Cernovich and Johnson really going to get charged or is that just wishful thinking

Well they were mysteriously giddy about a senator getting hit with an allegation like this just prior to this story so, I mean maybe? It's possible they just got looped into it and fell real hard for it, but who knows right now.

edit: ha ha ha ha ha AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA call me padparadscha

TGLT fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 13, 2017

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Are people 100 percent positive the forged documents was from Cernovich and bed shitter

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ahahaha yeah OK buddy, sure.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hm. If he were serious about that, wouldn't he, I don't know, post all the information and conversations he had with this person, to aid in identification? I mean, that seems like the most basic thing you could do-- even before you would put up $10,000 for it.

Unless...

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Proud Ypsi person here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I want to punch this gently caress from Idaho

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

BarbarianElephant posted:

Can we crowdfund a psychiatrist so his wife can get her head examined? I recall she only left him to begin with because the Democrats pressured her to do so because he was making them look really bad.

Well besides being none of our business, it doesn't matter as he's going to prison.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

tbh im a little bit skeptical after O'keefe got off either free or nearly free for wiretapping some level of congress person and the wildlife refuge incident lead to like zero charges

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Hollismason posted:

Are people 100 percent positive the forged documents was from Cernovich and bed shitter

They're definitely the ones who forwarded them to media outlets. Whether or not they created the documents? who knows, they've gotten an anonymous drop before (Conyers) so they could have gotten another one

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hollismason posted:

we were very sure they were the ones shopping it around before he just admitted it

given that it's a hilariously inept framejob it seems most likely they were the idiots who made it up as well, but it's much harder to know for certain since we (the public) don't even have the forged document iirc

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

Because as amateurish as Cernovich & Co are, I don't think they'd be able to even do a reasonable document forgery, even with stupid written on every page.

edit: I'm seriously "either way" on this. Both ways show them to be morons, so both are pretty believable.

Buzzfeed said that when they got a look it looked like a copy & paste job from an actual complaint filed against Conyers (complete with references to House rules.) So I don't think the "too incompetent" defense stands here.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah. Either they're dumb enough to think forging an allegation like this was that easy, or they're dumb enough to do zero loving legwork to check into this like "calling the accuser" or "checking on court documents" or "hey was this person even in the US at this time?"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

republicans are definitely going all out to deny jones his seat until they pass the tax bill

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/940997475342659585

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Someone has got to leak what Trump said to Omarosa to cause the blow-up.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

PenguinKnight posted:

tbh im a little bit skeptical after O'keefe got off either free or nearly free for wiretapping some level of congress person and the wildlife refuge incident lead to like zero charges

He also harassed a prosecutor without much blow back. I'm pretty sure that dude is connected to some very powerful people which is why he's basically above the law. I don't think anyone that matters really cares if Floorshitter lives or dies.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BrandorKP posted:

Republicans Say They Have a Deal on Tax Bill https://nyti.ms/2nZjqKz

of course they do, they're about to lose a senate seat

still skeptical people actually vote lockstep

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

So all I have to do is send him like a picture of himself and he'll give me ten grand? That seems like a deal to me.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
That’s the one hilarious thing of right wingers constantly accusing everyone on the left of always doing nefarious schemes to get ahead — they end up believing that it’s just as easy as their shrieking talking heads make it seem and then get caught like morons. I’m gonna call out Mark Levin as being a particularly egregious far right pundit in this regard; his sole purpose seems to accuse everyone to the left of him of doing evil illegal things at all times. (He’s the one Trump got the “Obama wiretap” nonsense from.)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I really hope Cernovitch goes to federal prison and gets beaten to death after trying to pull his "gorilla mindset" bullshit.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Hollismason posted:

No, but they knew about it before it went public so there's some reasonable suspicion there.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Gonna age like a Trump tweet

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Xibanya posted:

That’s the one hilarious thing of right wingers constantly accusing everyone on the left of always doing nefarious schemes to get ahead — they end up believing that it’s just as easy as their shrieking talking heads make it seem and then get caught like morons. I’m gonna call out Mark Levin as being a particularly egregious far right pundit in this regard; his sole purpose seems to accuse everyone to the left of him of doing evil illegal things at all times. (He’s the one Trump got the “Obama wiretap” nonsense from.)

You leave Master Shake out of this you son of a bitch. :mad:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
You can actually fingerprint documents to thr printer that created them so it's pretty easy to say , yeah you printed and created this. The FBI does it all the time

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Lycus posted:

Someone has got to leak what Trump said to Omarosa to cause the blow-up.

It's gonna be her. She wants to be in the news so, so bad. Classic Trump crony

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Romulus goon here. We really do need another goon meet for those of us in the area!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/941000760141271040

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Well, Clinton never got sunk by his sex scandals, and whatever Biden is supposed to do, I never heard of it, and George HW Bush no longer holds elected office, so there's at least three more unsinkables in that swamp.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

Somehow I still find myself questioning whether or not Garrison has been fooling everyone and in actuality he is a master of satire

His comics demonstrate such a profound amount of ignorance and bigotry that they just have to be satirical

BlueberryCanary fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 13, 2017

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mt Pleasant goon here. *holds up hand, points at the top of the palm* that's about right here.

Hollismason posted:

You can actually fingerprint documents to thr printer that created them so it's pretty easy to say , yeah you printed and created this. The FBI does it all the time

Isn't that how they got (lol) Reality Winner?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PenguinKnight posted:

ehh. those are different. o'keefe is "establisment" enough that he is "useful" pet, and the base jury let the rebels off. no is going to die for thernovich or chalie.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Even if you think that you'll probably get away with it, trying to attack a sitting Senator using obviously fake, illegal bullshit in order to help out DONALD TRUMP is just the dumbest loving thing. I would feel bad for these guys if they weren't such terrible people that they are so messed up they are willing to potentially fall on the sword for a movement that doesn't care if they die in a tire fire.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i just have zero faith in our justice system actually working properly :smith:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BlueberryCanary posted:

Somehow I still find myself questioning whether or not Garrison is a master of satire

His comics demonstrate such a profound amount of ignorance and bigotry that they just have to be satirical

idk. he used to be just a weird liberterian rear end in a top hat. now he is full on nutjob.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hollismason posted:

they'll just say they got the documents electronically, and then printed them themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Radish posted:

Even if you think that you'll probably get away with it, trying to attack a sitting Senator using obviously fake, illegal bullshit in order to help out DONALD TRUMP is just the dumbest loving thing. I would feel bad for these guys if they weren't such terrible people that they are so messed up they are willing to potentially fall on the sword for a movement that doesn't care if they die in a tire fire.

its poetry

• Locked thread