Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

fishing with the fam posted:

Devin Hester owns so drat much and should be in the hall of fame. The kick return in the Super Bowl is easily the happiest I have been as a Bears fan.

Devin Hester was a major part of the best moment in Bears history in my lifetime.

"The Bears are who they thought they were..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythJ7EXdN60&t=97s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I loved watching Hester as a Vikings fan. Was terrified anytime he touched the ball, but always thought he would do something amazing every time he did.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BUG JUG posted:

I loved watching Hester as a Vikings fan. Was terrified anytime he touched the ball, but always thought he would do something amazing every time he did.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Devin Hester was a major part of the best moment in Bears history in my lifetime.

"The Bears are who they thought they were..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythJ7EXdN60&t=97s

it was so insane that they kicked to him at that point in the game instead of seeing if rex would commit his 7th turnover

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Why is Chris Kluwe's twitter name Cassandra

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

Why is Chris Kluwe's twitter name Cassandra

probably "cassandra truth"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm glad I don't have to read Kluwe on Deadspin anymore

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

did the guy making you read deadspin die or something

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

rabidsquid posted:

did the guy making you read deadspin die or something

Lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/940782384127135745

https://i.imgur.com/E2RiC9D.mp4

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DBak69/status/940794894288814082

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
RODGERS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2013 repeat time :getin:

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwMI7U521qg

(featuring a cameo of the NFC North, as played by Lt. Worf.)

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

run the drat table

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
In a perverse way, I'm actually going to miss seeing Hundley under center (somewhat). It was really fun watching him improve from game to game (except for that poo poo Baltimore game).

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Yay to Rodgers being back, and yes Hester should be in the Hall as a returner, Jesus that guy flipped games single-handedly, not even counting the hundreds of times punts were adjusted to not go to him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

oshuaj posted:

run the drat table

against the Panthers, Vikings, and Lions? That is going to be a serious challenge. We'll have to see how Rodgers looks back, but even if he's on his game at least two of those teams will put up a hell of a fight.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

fishing with the fam posted:

Devin Hester owns so drat much and should be in the hall of fame.

Watching Hester the first couple of years he played, it felt like he got a big return pretty much whenever he wanted.

I can easily believe he would be retiring with a couple of dozen punt return touchdowns alone if everyone hadn't realized midway through his rookie year "wait, do not kick anywhere near this motherfucker if it is humanly possible to avoid doing so!"

plenty of skill players in the Hall who didn't impact games as much as he did in his prime, imo

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 13, 2017

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Play posted:

against the Panthers, Vikings, and Lions? That is going to be a serious challenge. We'll have to see how Rodgers looks back, but even if he's on his game at least two of those teams will put up a hell of a fight.
Yeah, the way I look at it is if he wins out, then the team will obviously be hot going into the playoffs. If not, oh well. There's no way they can limp into the playoffs.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

PupsOfWar posted:

Watching Hester the first couple of years he played, it felt like he got a big return pretty much whenever he wanted.

I can easily believe he would be retiring with a couple of dozen punt return touchdowns alone if everyone hadn't realized midway through his rookie year "wait, do not kick anywhere near this motherfucker if it is humanly possible to avoid doing so!"

plenty of skill players in the Hall who didn't impact games as much as he did in his prime, imo

I wonder how much shorter punts ended up being because they were always off to the side.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/940968855530336256

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Debbie Does Dallas?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Debbie Does Dallas?

Magnificent Seven
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/941000841925939200

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Roasted crab? Who the gently caress eats crab any other way than steamed?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Lions play on Saturday. At 4:30!

Do I go to the game and spend $80 on lovely seats and $10 miller lights?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Roasted crab sounds pretty good.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Seems like it'd be easy to overcook / ruin crab by roasting it.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
crab could be interesting roasted. He probably knows someone that makes some wicked roasted crab and he should spill those secrets.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Bob Morales posted:

go to The Old Shillelagh and drink severely cheaper miller lights before hand, it's always worked for me in the past

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

PupsOfWar posted:

If they change the rules of a game because you are too good at the game, you should be in the Hall of Fame.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Bob Morales posted:

You should not do this

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Bob Morales posted:

why are the Lions playing on Saturday? Is this just another ploy by the NFL to fill every single waking hour with football?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
There's always a couple games on Saturday after the college season ends, Lions just got the short straw this year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, saturday games have existed at the end of the season for as long as I can remember

nah
Mar 16, 2009

i used to love Saturday games after college football was over. it meant the weather was chilly, Christmas was here, and i could watch the great game of professional football two days in a row. but now that the game is horrible, i dread it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2017/12/13/16767202/packers-worst-situational-defense-in-nfl-dom-capers-2017

quote:

Here’s the list of third-down defenses at the bottom of the league. Green Bay is in some pretty sorry company.

28. Oakland Raiders (43.8%)
29. Dallas Cowboys (43.9%)
30. Green Bay Packers (44.4%)
31. Indianapolis Colts (44.6%)
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (48.3%)

The Buccaneers and Raiders are the worst defenses in football by DVOA, and the Colts — who the Packers only barely edge out for second-worst in the league -- are a 3-10 disaster zone. Green Bay is down there with the worst, most undisciplined defenses in the league. Life isn’t any better in the red zone, where the Packers have been mucking it up in the cellar all season.

Here’s the bottom of the league in points per red zone trip:

28. Washington Pro Team
29. Arizona Cardinals
30. Miami Dolphins
31. Cleveland Browns
32. Green Bay Packers

There’s only one common name on those two lists. In other words, not only are the Packers the worst situational defense in the league, they’re easily the worst.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
The innovative bend-and-also-break strategy

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

MikeCrotch posted:

why are the Lions playing on Saturday? Is this just another ploy by the NFL to fill every single waking hour with football?

This Saturday and next Saturday have 2 games each

Sunday is Christmas eve, so they're playing all the games at 1 and 4, no late games

They're also playing two games on Christmas (Monday). Which is sucks because there are basketball fans I will have to fight, for control of the TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You should probably just watch basketball, which is good. Instead of those trash games.

• Locked thread