Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He put too many bundles at once for the first time so it looped the cutscene of unlocking the other lumines guys boards like 3 or 4 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus he spent a whole day to 1:30AM trying to catch an eel when it wasn't raining.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Me after typing up a flame in the Twitch App on PlayStation 4 using a DualShock 4

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TobiWan: He's having a rough go of it now, really bad luck with the glitch and fiddlehead fern, & now the eel bungle -- really makes you think if the pressure is getting to him.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

TobiWan: He's having a rough go of it now, really bad luck with the glitch and fiddlehead fern, & now the eel bungle -- really makes you think if the pressure is getting to him.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There's obviously something wrong with him. He's taken off his shoes, and one of his socks. I think he's crying.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Halfway through Fall Year 1 and ive finally entered the mines beyond level 20. I went in with a Gold Pickaxe and the galaxy sword so ive been tearing it apart, trying to reach the bottom before winter so I can do skull mine deep runs for iridium with a shitload of bombs and stairs

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Halfway through Fall Year 1 and ive finally entered the mines beyond level 20. I went in with a Gold Pickaxe and the galaxy sword so ive been tearing it apart, trying to reach the bottom before winter so I can do skull mine deep runs for iridium with a shitload of bombs and stairs

i was watching a guy dive to 1,000 (not legitimately - he used a trainer to freeze time and gave himself like 10 thousand bombs) and past like 500 it's wall to wall iridium.

i might go back to my file and prep for a huge dive to see how far i can get - would be a good excuse to play again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
When I plugged my old save data into upload.farm or whatever that site is on the stats page it said my deepest skull cavern was like floor 52 which was really surprising and disappointing. Might have to have another run at it.

Also I'd prioritize bombs over stairs. The best way to make progress there is to find some holes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I assume the strat is to bring a million rocks and a stack of mega bombs, dive a few floors with staircase, Bomb a bunch, use the stone to make more stairs etc. I will need to collect a bunch of crap first though bc I don't really have a way to make money during winter since I didn't finish the greenhouse

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cobalt Viper posted:

When I plugged my old save data into upload.farm or whatever that site is on the stats page it said my deepest skull cavern was like floor 52 which was really surprising and disappointing. Might have to have another run at it.

Also I'd prioritize bombs over stairs. The best way to make progress there is to find some holes.

that was more or less this guy's strategy: lay down a trail of bombs, then run backwards to find any shafts. i think IT is right though, you probably want to immediately dive to like ~20 or something to save yourself the first few relatively worthless hours at the start of the mine. that would be...

99 Stones at 20g each = 1,980g, which would be 40 grand for a stack of 20
each red bomb costs 1,000g from the vendor you eventually get them from, or something like 4,000 to buy the crafting mats yourself. i would assume a stack of like 100 would get you pretty far, so that's 100 to 400 grand
plus food and healing, which is probably another 10 grand depending on what you want to do.

also all of that is assuming you're buying everything from the shops. at the point where you'd be doing that sort of dive you're probably pretty well set and have a bunch of stuff in storage.

i think i'm going to try this tonight...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just as a heads up you cant stack stairs so dont craft them until youre in the mine, just bring stone stacks of 999

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

I assume the strat is to bring a million rocks and a stack of mega bombs, dive a few floors with staircase, Bomb a bunch, use the stone to make more stairs etc. I will need to collect a bunch of crap first though bc I don't really have a way to make money during winter since I didn't finish the greenhouse

Dont bomb anything just straight dive to like floor 150. Then there should be enough iridium on each floor to make it worthwhile. If there's none on the screen or monsters are threatening just dive some more.

Also, bombs still tick and explode during your eating animation, and you're invulnerable, so place a bomb, wait a second, then pop down some sashimi

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, just did a test run right now, and i wish i'd gone down to at least like 60. i had poo poo luck and only hit 3 holes from 1 - 70.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What the he'll, I thought 140 was the bottom. :whoptc:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

What the he'll, I thought 140 was the bottom. :whoptc:

The skull mines are endless

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
gonna unwind with this tonight and try to get back into it, never really got past my first year but i have like 30 hours in it so its fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally saw a ore panning spot that I could actually reach before it de spawned and I got 4 copper ore from it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i hit one th other day and got four iridium ore and a fire quartz

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there any better way to level mining than just running through early skull mine levels and collect as much ore as I can

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Is there any better way to level mining than just running through early skull mine levels and collect as much ore as I can

Blowing up rocks with bombs counts too, just gotta destroy rocks by any means necessary.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

best i could scrounge up with the money i had in winter 1

i made to around floor 85 i think and got enough iridium for 7 bars. well worth the 25k or whatevr it was I spent on stone

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/943560065901932544

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ah, poo poo, this is all stuff that's probably best experienced with a new game...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it would be nice if I could have aquariums for my fish collection.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

it would be nice if I could have aquariums for my fish collection.

That would be extremely epic... now I'm remembering the animal crossing new leaf museum

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it would be cool if they would hold AA meetings at the community center, and i could convince half the town to go

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
every run of this game i max out friendship w/ pam and shane first by enabling their alcohol addictions

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm excited for a new 40+ hour game

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

this guy owns

like i'm not overly excited about any of this stuff specifically but that he keeps making substantial additions to his game in free updates is awesome and i'm glad his awesome game was hugely successful

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/nightfallx He's back at it again with some routing. Brian.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

he's using the forest farm setup. interdasting. wonder if that helps with the run somehow

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

he's using the forest farm setup. interdasting. wonder if that helps with the run somehow

I don't know but he did say he always liked it the best just as a feels choice. Which I also do.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like his webcam frame.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*team of subscribers scrubbing down his body, then rubs with oil before finally enrobing him in the Gamer Shawl*

Glod splits salty runback pb tiem bitchyuazz. *makes stardew self w/shades and mohawk*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/nightfallx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/nightfallx He might be done though or just getting food for another Epic run! or he might switch to Diablo.

• Locked thread