Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ROFL Octopus posted:

You’ll be living paycheck to paycheck buying all the clothes tho

Are any of the clothes even expensive besides the silly-looking Kommo-o stuff? Does more stuff unlock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

I had setup someone with that just in case I came across a minimizer in showdown.

They didn't realize that that was a thing.

If you didn't tell me that was a redraw I would have thought it was official.

It's not that far off.

Speaking of movies, I Choose You can be bought on streaming platforms now.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

iospace posted:

If you didn't tell me that was a redraw I would have thought it was official.

That's because the official art looks like fan art itself.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TaurusOxford posted:

Are any of the clothes even expensive besides the silly-looking Kommo-o stuff? Does more stuff unlock?

No, the Kommo-o/Lurantis set is the only one that's outrageously expensive. The rest has more normal prices.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

TaurusOxford posted:

I’m compulsively buying every leather backpack so I’m equipped for every situation, otherwise everything else is pretty moderately priced

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nothing else costs half a million like the Kommo-o/Lurantis clothes but the stuff in the Fancy Shop is still 50k - 300k per item.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Sometimes you pull really lovely teams in Showdown. Sometimes you get lucky with a turn-around play. In other news, I'm a lovely trainer.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-673027190

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

TaurusOxford posted:

Yes, the game basically ensures you will NEVER run out of money.
That's only half the lurantis outfit.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just recently got to the Ultra Necrozma fight. Holy poo poo, that was rough. I was not expecting it to ignore Mimikyu's disguise.
Snorlax with the Crunch saved the day, though it was still close.

Now I'm trying to farm these ultra wormholes so I catch a Yveltal for my friend who has Sun.
Of course, I suck horribly and can't get past 3500 light years, even with the circle pad controls.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol, I had my own “this is why I went to college” moment when I got to the guy who asked what magnitude was 10 times brighter than a fifth magnitude star.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Upcoming action figures for 2018........ D/P remakes incoming?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dehry posted:

Japanese twitter has been drawing Ash from the 2018 movie trailer as a girl. My Japanese Pokemon feeds have a lot of fanart this morning.

https://twitter.com/MAJIbeef/status/940201216335683584

And an animated version
https://twitter.com/photo_keke/status/940638919590211584

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Just caught Tapu Lele in the first ball I threw, a Heal Ball. Yessss!

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 14, 2017

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

PetraCore posted:

Congrats! That's an adorable picture.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Pokémon Crystal will be released on the Virtual Console on January 26th, so about a month and a half from now.

It’s also getting a retail release (download code in a box):

less laughter fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 14, 2017

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Why did they wait to release it

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Raserys posted:

Why did they wait to release it

No one would buy Gold and Silver if they could buy Crystal instead.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Yeah it’s to encourage double dipping.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
If you knock out a legendary in the wormhole, can you re-encounter it later? Or are you screwed out of catching it?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW_Yi54JEUk

The Celebi event is going to be enabled?

Nintendo Japan posted:

In the virtual console 'Pokemon Crystal Version' there is an event that encounters 'Celebi' after clearing the adventure . Yes, the Virtual Console "Pokemon Crystal Version" meets Celebi without having to use a mobile adapter and can be friends.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 14, 2017

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

PetraCore posted:

It’s a shame the heal ball outright lies about its appearance on the item screen

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dienes posted:

If you knock out a legendary in the wormhole, can you re-encounter it later? Or are you screwed out of catching it?

They only disappear for good once you catch them

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

less laughter posted:

Pokémon Crystal will be released on the Virtual Console on January 26th, so about a month and a half from now.

It’s also getting a retail release (download code in a box):

If I haven't played HeartGold/SoulSilver but would like to play Gen2 pokemon again, is this new Crystal the one to get? Or are there additional QoL improvements made to HG/SS that aren't in this re-release?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Lord Wexia posted:

If I haven't played HeartGold/SoulSilver but would like to play Gen2 pokemon again, is this new Crystal the one to get? Or are there additional QoL improvements made to HG/SS that aren't in this re-release?

This is literally the Game Boy game with wireless trading and battling and Bank compatibility. Nothing at all like HG/SS.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Lord Wexia posted:

HGSS incorporates pretty much everything from Crystal, on top of a metric fuckton of new content

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The official Sugimori art of Ultra Necrozma has just been released:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

ROFL Octopus posted:

It’s a shame the heal ball outright lies about its appearance on the item screen
How so? It looks pretty close from what I've seen.

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW_Yi54JEUk

The Celebi event is going to be enabled?
Hmmm... maybe I CAN get a nicknamed Celebi after all. I've been playing the Silver game but it's kind of a slog, Crystal will be nicer. We'll see if I want it when it's a thing.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

less laughter posted:

The official Sugimori art of Ultra Necrozma has just been released:

So like is the idea that those are the missing parts of its body? That's how it looked before the ancestral people of Ultra Megapolis broke up its body to make Z-crystals? If so its missing a LOT of mass, no wonder its agonized and in constant pain.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The solid, non-light parts of its body, are basically refitted into the Necrozma we're familiar with. For instance, the part of "normal" Necrozma that we consider its torso is actually Ultra Necrozma's head. The poor thing didn't just loose mass, its body has been frankensteined into a completely different arrangement.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

TFRazorsaw posted:

The solid, non-light parts of its body, are basically refitted into the Necrozma we're familiar with. For instance, the part of "normal" Necrozma that we consider its torso is actually Ultra Necrozma's head. The poor thing didn't just loose mass, its body has been frankensteined into a completely different arrangement.

Yeah, that was my hypothesis from just Necrozma's design in Sun/Moon. Good to see them going full body-horror with it. The fun thing is if you consider it as an ethics problem fusing Necrozma with Lunala or Solgaleo is also uncomfortable, since the pokedex entries make it sound not good for Lunala or Solgaleo.

It is a way better reason for Lillie to let you take care of Nebby, though, if just being by Nebby eases Necrozma's pain. But geez, it's a real 'nobody dies in Oz' situation.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

PetraCore posted:

How so? It looks pretty close from what I've seen.

Yeah I guess you’re right. Last time I used one it looked a hell of a lot paler than in the item screen but that could easily have been the lighting.

Either way, congrats. Believe me I know the struggle of optimum pokeball aesthetics.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Speaking of optimum pokeball aesthetics, how the heck do I get the moon ball? I can't figured out where Samuel gives it to you in USUM. I've searched everything on Mt. Hokulani.

I wasted my love ball on something I wasn't adequately prepared to soft reset on but I want to use the moon ball well.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

PetraCore posted:

Speaking of optimum pokeball aesthetics, how the heck do I get the moon ball? I can't figured out where Samuel gives it to you in USUM. I've searched everything on Mt. Hokulani.

I wasted my love ball on something I wasn't adequately prepared to soft reset on but I want to use the moon ball well.

Pretty sure it's somewhere around the right edge of the summit, behind the Pokecenter?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

PetraCore posted:

He’s to the right of the pokemon center. Also if you show someone in the gamefreak room a pokemon from VC Gold and Silver you get an extra set of apricorn balls. This only works once because gamefreak likes to watch the world burn.

What do you plan on using your moon balls on?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

ROFL Octopus posted:

He’s to the right of the pokemon center. Also if you show someone in the gamefreak room a pokemon from VC Gold and Silver you get an extra set of apricorn balls. This only works once because gamefreak likes to watch the world burn.

What do you plan on using your moon balls on?
Well I've already caught Nebby in the heavy ball, so I'm not quite sure. Definitely one of my favorite pokemon so I can breed for it down the line, though.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

PetraCore posted:

Well I've already caught Nebby in the heavy ball, so I'm not quite sure. Definitely one of my favorite pokemon so I can breed for it down the line, though.

Yeah breeding is a huge consideration. I’m thinking Abra for the mysticism or whatever since nidoran still can’t have its hidden ability in a moon ball!!!!!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

ROFL Octopus posted:

Yeah breeding is a huge consideration. I’m thinking Abra for the mysticism or whatever since nidoran still can’t have its hidden ability in a moon ball!!!!!
The love ball I accidentally wasted was on an Eevee, since I was thinking about breeding, but I misunderstood how they worked. That as, that your pokemon needs to be the same species and opposite gender. They're really so niche you kind of have to treat it as a colorful normal pokeball and be prepared to soft reset.

Right now I'm focusing on finally finishing the pokedex, then I can think more about using the special balls. Eventually I'm only going to have Poipole and Naganadel left to get, that'll be fun.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

PetraCore posted:

The love ball I accidentally wasted was on an Eevee, since I was thinking about breeding, but I misunderstood how they worked. That as, that your pokemon needs to be the same species and opposite gender. They're really so niche you kind of have to treat it as a colorful normal pokeball and be prepared to soft reset.

It was way cooler in gen ii because it mistakenly only worked on same species, same gender pokemon.

Fast ball was funny too because it was supposed to work better on, you know, Pokemon that run from battle quickly, but instead they only have the effect on Magnemite, Grimer and Tangela.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

ROFL Octopus posted:

It was way cooler in gen ii because it mistakenly only worked on same species, same gender pokemon.

Fast ball was funny too because it was supposed to work better on, you know, Pokemon that run from battle quickly, but instead they only have the effect on Magnemite, Grimer and Tangela.
Too bad there aren't any roaming legendaries. I'd have tried to get Tapu Koko into a fast ball if I had the patience, though, it matches him perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You should, the Apricorn Balls got changed in HGSS to actually work, in the case of the Love Ball and the Moon Ball and to be more general, as the Fast Ball has a 4x catch rate on any Pokemon above 100 base Speed.

Lure Balls even got boosted to 5x catch rate in Gen 7, making it better than a Dive Ball for fishing encounters.