Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Yes, 3 shots with the slug shotgun makes a hole straight through. We've been putting 6 shots into barricades to make nice 2 hole murder slots in otherwise bullet proof windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Castle puts up a barricade and vigil can pop a peeking hole into it with two or three shots on the same spot. Then you peek out of it until glaz shoots your eye out like that one scene in saving private ryan

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I picked this up a while back and I guess I'm going through a Clancy phase right now (Division, Blacklist, Wildlands) so why not this too I guess.

I know August wasn't that long ago but is the list of operators and how much knowledge/skill they require still accurate after new arrivals/patches/nerfs? I'm starting from scratch so obviously my map knowledge is Literally Zero.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Jedrick posted:

Yes, 3 shots with the slug shotgun makes a hole straight through. We've been putting 6 shots into barricades to make nice 2 hole murder slots in otherwise bullet proof windows.

Most impressive.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jedrick posted:

They're gonna remove penetration on slugs now

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Pierson posted:

I picked this up a while back and I guess I'm going through a Clancy phase right now (Division, Blacklist, Wildlands) so why not this too I guess.

I know August wasn't that long ago but is the list of operators and how much knowledge/skill they require still accurate after new arrivals/patches/nerfs? I'm starting from scratch so obviously my map knowledge is Literally Zero.

Pretty much, since August 6 new ops have been added.

LESION is a Chinese defense op who drops 7 poison mine traps. They're on a cool down and you start with one, meaning you can't throw down 7 at the beginning of a round. He's fun to anchor and play obj. He has good guns

YING is a Chinese attack op with 3 special flashbangs that you can put on windows, doors, and soft walls to shoot through, or you can throw them like a normal flashbang. The unique thing is she is not affected by her flashbangs, so the idea is you throw your flashes and then push while they're going off. She's an OK operator, people can still sometimes not be affected by your ability and kill you when you think you're safe. Her LMG is not that great, it has a ton of recoil and you pretty much need to get the 1st shot headshots. She's fun... sometimes.

ELA is a Polish defense op. She is unstoppable. She has 3 concussion mines and the best gun in the game. She will find you and kill you. Super fun.

Those were last season. This season we've got

ZOFIA, the other Polish operator. She's an attacker and Ela's sister. She has a grenade launcher that shoots concussion grenades and wall breaching rounds. She's pretty good simply because of her utility. You're not the hard breacher or anything. Her AR is good, her LMG is meh.

VIGIL is a South Korean defense op, he can turn invisible to drones. The idea being you can roam around the map with your gadget on and the attacking team won't have a definite lock on your location. The drones are given a UI notification that you're invisible nearby, though, so it's not perfect invisibility. Vigil is about as fun as you are familiar with the map, just like Cav. Really familiar? Really fun. His guns are good.

DOKKEBEI is the other South Korean op. She's an attacker who can make all of the defender's phones buzz out loud twice a round. This is for countering roamers. Did you drone out the room you're about to enter, but aren't 100%? Use ur hax and then you'll hear them. Defenders have to take 5 seconds to disable the ringing, which is 5 seconds not looking at the window you're about to breach. Her guns are OK.

Both Vigil and Dokke have the first real meme guns, the double-barrel break action slug shotgun. Two rounds, laser accurate, looow RPM. To make up for it they have nasty sidearms, the SMG-12 is nuts.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm very thankful they didn't add DLC recruits now because every single defense team would be Ela and 1-4 Polish recruits with her gun.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

If you could just play recruit and get the new guns why buy the season pass?!

I don't know if that Hard's final thought before he peacefully passed or if that was just Ubisoft in general but whoever thought of it was is a money making genius.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I will take responsibility for Hard's exodus. I made one effort post too many about recoil changes. But I quickly stopped caring, I think they think they need it for the pro scene, because when you grow and nurture the pro scene you get eyes on tourneys and people invested in these teams playing your shooty man game, etc. You can be a nice, succesful competitive game but now they have momentum and they want to clinch it, and I understand making changes to the game catering to the top, top level diamond play.

I just don't play at that level

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

idk about yall, but i play at this lvl:

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Penpal posted:

Pretty much, since August 6 new ops have been added.

LESION is a Chinese defense op who drops 7 poison mine traps. They're on a cool down and you start with one, meaning you can't throw down 7 at the beginning of a round. He's fun to anchor and play obj. He has good guns

YING is a Chinese attack op with 3 special flashbangs that you can put on windows, doors, and soft walls to shoot through, or you can throw them like a normal flashbang. The unique thing is she is not affected by her flashbangs, so the idea is you throw your flashes and then push while they're going off. She's an OK operator, people can still sometimes not be affected by your ability and kill you when you think you're safe. Her LMG is not that great, it has a ton of recoil and you pretty much need to get the 1st shot headshots. She's fun... sometimes.

Lesion and Ying are both from HK, if you say they are from China online people will get upset. They will also get upset if you say they are not from China. Do with this information what you will.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

china numba 1

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Dokkaebi is legit good I think, especially late round when the numbers are thinned a little and you can use your calls to actually pin people down or cover your steps while you rotate to an unexpected position. Her DMR is great and both her pistols are excellent. Most people are dumb and burn their calls too early though.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
dokkabae is glaz but instead of vision she has audio for the entire team

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

Dokkaebi is legit good I think, especially late round when the numbers are thinned a little and you can use your calls to actually pin people down or cover your steps while you rotate to an unexpected position. Her DMR is great and both her pistols are excellent. Most people are dumb and burn their calls too early though.

I love getting a Dokki call in the first fifteen seconds of the round.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gamerofthegame posted:

dokkabae is glaz but instead of vision she has audio for the entire team

Glaz doesn't give vision to his team? Did you mean Jackal or something?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Glaz doesn't give vision to his team? Did you mean Jackal or something?

I think he just means you basically get glaz's gun but instead of yellow vision you get calls.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Penpal posted:

Both Vigil and Dokke have the first real meme guns, the double-barrel break action slug shotgun. Two rounds, laser accurate, looow RPM. To make up for it they have nasty sidearms, the SMG-12 is nuts.

Bit of a warning. The firerate on the SMG-12 is ridiculously high. You'll be out of ammo the nanosecond your finger comes into contact with the firing button. It is hard to get used to as a spray and pray-er.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Donnerberg posted:

Bit of a warning. The firerate on the SMG-12 is ridiculously high. You'll be out of ammo the nanosecond your finger comes into contact with the firing button. It is hard to get used to as a spray and pray-er.

Just pick the Cz75, the 1000rpm 35 damage comedy option.

The best part about the BOPE anniversary challenge is you can pick jackal and go Caveira hunting basically every round now

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

Just pick the Cz75, the 1000rpm 35 damage comedy option.

The best part about the BOPE anniversary challenge is you can pick jackal and go Caveira hunting basically every round now

But Cav is very strong nowadays.
At close to medium range her pistol might be the strongest weapon in the game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

now that there's 20 machine pistols they should buff the mac 11.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This is kinda hard to check i guess but doesn't the "vigil is close" drone effect go through floors and walls? That's what I felt when I played against him on Consulate, and if so, the ability is a lot more powerful then I thought.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kikas posted:

This is kinda hard to check i guess but doesn't the "vigil is close" drone effect go through floors and walls? That's what I felt when I played against him on Consulate, and if so, the ability is a lot more powerful then I thought.

It's a big bubble around him, so yes.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the ability works pretty well for players that like to roam near stairs and drop hatches

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

The recoil is loving mad as well. I really like the other machine pistol.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

SMG-11 is my fav secondary, amount of times I can peek a corner and prefire and the person is dead before they can react. It sucks rear end for long to medium range, but boy does it feel good when you nail a headshot from far away.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i have been ignoring it because it sounds like an airsoft gun

also the CZ is my favorite cheap pistol irl so i'm obviously biased

the ones seen in videogames are always automatic w/the grip which is weird but its otherwise a neat design

it actually owns in game. smaller mag iirc but it sounds great and has a proper balance between dps/capacity and range

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I've been playing the captain more and roasting people with the crossbow is pretty funny. It's like a comedy option for Siege.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Thief posted:

i have been ignoring it because it sounds like an airsoft gun

Funfact: Zofia's LMG is modeled after an airsoft gun.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

that explains the recoil

BadLlama posted:

I've been playing the captain more and roasting people with the crossbow is pretty funny. It's like a comedy option for Siege.

operators that don't rely on electronics are cool

capitao is so low tech he only has one eyeball

bandit is the middle ground because his batteries are technically crude like mira but it'll do raw electrical damage like some kind of loving Fallout junkyard science rig

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/rainbow-six-siege/rainbow-six-siege-server-tickrate-60-hz

Apparently they're planning to add 60Hz servers today or tomorrow? Now instead of getting lucky headshots and then complaining that I was behind a wall when I got shot I can just get shot instead!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

How the gently caress are we not at 60Hz two years later

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

ash mains btfo

it was cool when they randomly updated the voice chat to be better than discord/mumble/ts

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Truth Quark posted:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/rainbow-six-siege/rainbow-six-siege-server-tickrate-60-hz

Apparently they're planning to add 60Hz servers today or tomorrow? Now instead of getting lucky headshots and then complaining that I was behind a wall when I got shot I can just get shot instead!

RIP Ubi servers, may you burn brightly.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Jedrick posted:

Punch the wall first, it cuts down how many shots you have to make. 6 punches + 6 Slugs breaks the wall instead of the 12 or whatever the hell it is for the Shotgun.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cup Runneth Over posted:

How the gently caress are we not at 60Hz two years later

We were at one point, then they stealth dropped it to 50hz.

Vooze
Oct 29, 2011

Do they tend to add the current Years stuff to the complete edition as time goes on? I'm weighing up rebuying the complete edition for steam account migration reasons and don't want to get mad in two months if they add all the year 3 content and relist it for the same price.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Nebiros posted:

Punch the wall first, it cuts down how many shots you have to make. 6 punches + 6 Slugs breaks the wall instead of the 12 or whatever the hell it is for the Shotgun.

They're not trying to breach it, they're making peek holes.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Minrad posted:

They're not trying to breach it, they're making peek holes.

Yes, I know. Punch it to knock the outer layer off, then shoot it.

Edit: Instead of taking 3 shots to make a peek, you need 1 or 2. The bit about breaking the barricade was just interesting, additional information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Vooze posted:

Do they tend to add the current Years stuff to the complete edition as time goes on? I'm weighing up rebuying the complete edition for steam account migration reasons and don't want to get mad in two months if they add all the year 3 content and relist it for the same price.

They will very likely release a new SKU next year with all three season passes included, yeah.

• Locked thread