Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

lol, saints goons itt said the eye poke looked like an accident, but the still image they put up in this article looks like Trufant just went to town on Thomas with a thumb-knife.

we were the only team that got away with stuff tho

https://twitter.com/Allen_Strk/status/940804266687651842

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Obviously your team is a bunch of dastardly cheaters while my team is a paragon of virtue. :colbert:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^ i mean when you put it like that...

In other non conspiracy theory news...goodnight sweet prince :(

https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/940823602353537024

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This is from the Phil McKinnely Wiki and lol just lol at the exchange between Rolle and McKinnely

quote:

McKinnely was accused by Samari Rolle of calling him "boy" in the December 3, 2007 game between the Baltimore Ravens and the New England Patriots. The alleged exchange occurred late in the game when the Patriots retook the lead with 44 seconds remaining. Several penalties occurred in the closing minutes, including an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty when Raven Linebacker Bart Scott picked up a penalty flag and threw it into the stands in frustration of hearing the banter of Rolle and McKinnely. After the game, Rolle vented in the locker room to the reporters, "The refs called me a boy. No. 110 called me a boy, I will be calling my agent in the morning and sending my complaint. I have a wife and three kids. Don't call me a boy. Don't call me a boy on the field during a game because I said, 'You've never played football before." The NFL investigated the accusation.[1]

tldr: Rolle got into a shouting match with McKinnely after a flag and told him "You've never played football before". MckInnely, a seven year veteran of the NFL called Rolle a "boy". Rolle then whined about being owned in a locker room interview.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Dec 13, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

This is from the Phil McKinnely Wiki and lol just lol at the exchange between Rolle and McKinnely

tldr: Rolle got into a shouting match with McKinnely after a flag and told him "You've never played football before". MckInnely, a seven year veteran of the NFL called Rolle a "boy". Rolle then whined about being owned in a locker room interview.

At first I thought it was a white ref calling him that but nah, Rolle just got son'd.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

so between this and the mccarthy treatment of the refs son are the saints now officially the whiniest fanbase?

cripes falcons people didn't react this badly to sb51

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i gotta say coming to the conclusion that they fixed the game because of kneeling is a pretty loving piping hot take

quote:

OK folks, this is the low down…

This year the NFL has lost fans, viewers, ratings, TV revenue and sponsorship dollars.

They want to make up as much as they can since the “kneeling controversy” has subsided.

They need viewers. So by “controlling” the playoff picture ( NFC South is a great opportunity for them), they can create a bigger demand for some of the games remaining.

By making sure the Saints had a disadvantage in the first Atlanta game, they helped insure a lost, which will make the second game a “must see” event.

So there you have it. It’s all about ratings and TV revenue. The NFL couldn’t give a rat’s rear end about each team and their fans. For that matter, the front office of your beloved team couldn’t give a rats rear end about you- the fan.

It’s all about control and the almighty dollar. Just like everything else is.

GO SAINTS!!! WHO DAT!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

There you have it! Insure a lost!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It's us against the world! How do I know that a Falcons fan didn't write that in order to make us look bad? It's a vast NFC South conspiracy and it's on the internet, mannnnnn. Connect the dots you drat sheeple. THIS GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE LIZARD PEOPLE AND HOW CAM IS ONE OF THEM LOOK AT HOW HE DRESSES NO HOOMAN WOULD DO THAT AND MATT RYAN IS A SPY FROM THE ROOSKIES AND THE BUCS ARE DELIWBR ETLY TANKING BECAUSE OF SOROS ITS ALL SOROS SOROS SOROS AND AGUAYO ARE THE SMAE PERKSONAAAAAFH

On a side note, can I safely just hate Roger Goodell anyway with no conspiracy theories needed?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I would like to go ahead and publicly apologize to Monday night for the upcoming game that’s going to be shown.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

On a side note, can I safely just hate Roger Goodell anyway with no conspiracy theories needed?

i think that's probably the one thing you could get atl and no fans to unite on, so go right ahead

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

In other non conspiracy theory news...goodnight sweet prince :(

https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/940823602353537024

I hope they can talk him back for one more year. He's still playing so well and the Bucs corner situation is uh, not good.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I would like to go ahead and publicly apologize to Monday night for the upcoming game that’s going to be shown.

:same:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Being dumb and a Saints fan go hand in hand. Either that, or you're trying to save money on your sub fetish.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

It's us against the world! How do I know that a Falcons fan didn't write that in order to make us look bad? It's a vast NFC South conspiracy and it's on the internet, mannnnnn. Connect the dots you drat sheeple. THIS GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE LIZARD PEOPLE AND HOW CAM IS ONE OF THEM LOOK AT HOW HE DRESSES NO HOOMAN WOULD DO THAT AND MATT RYAN IS A SPY FROM THE ROOSKIES AND THE BUCS ARE DELIWBR ETLY TANKING BECAUSE OF SOROS ITS ALL SOROS SOROS SOROS AND AGUAYO ARE THE SMAE PERKSONAAAAAFH

Alex "Silly Burrito" Jones

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

i think that's probably the one thing you could get atl and no fans to unite on, so go right ahead

Also, gently caress the Panthers, amirite? Who's with me? THIS IS OUR RIVALRY, CAT TEAM, gently caress OFF!"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

sword_man.gif posted:

so between this and the mccarthy treatment of the refs son are the saints now officially the whiniest fanbase?

cripes falcons people didn't react this badly to sb51

Checks out http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21752955/new-orleans-saints-season-ticket-holder-sues-team-wants-refund-player-protests-national-anthem

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Also, gently caress the Panthers, amirite? Who's with me? THIS IS OUR RIVALRY, CAT TEAM, gently caress OFF!"

:cheers:

e:

tbf, every fanbase has this stupid idiot fan who wants to sue, burns apparel, lights up his FB wall, etc. Why is the anthem still a topic at this point? Good on Ingram for calling his dumb rear end out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:cheers:

e:

tbf, every fanbase has this stupid idiot fan who wants to sue, burns apparel, lights up his FB wall, etc. Why is the anthem still a topic at this point? Good on Ingram for calling his dumb rear end out.

I know exactly one person who has decided not to watch games due to the anthem, the rest are people who never really watched anyway.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Alex "Silly Burrito" Jones

dunno, has silly burrito attempted to interrogate an alexa lately, because alex jones has

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I don't really have strong feelings about Carolina. Yeah, they're division rivals, but they've done some things I'm cool with.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

I don't really have strong feelings about Carolina. Yeah, they're division rivals, but they've done some things I'm cool with.

Such as?

I'm curious...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Such as?

I'm curious...

I'm glad they've stuck with Rivera, actually. I'm extremely chill with non-white dudes being head coaches in the NFL.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Such as?

I'm curious...

They treated and loved Sam Mills as we should have.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That Works posted:

They treated and loved Sam Mills as we should have.

Exactly this, and there are a few other minor things, but also the hung some Ls on the Falcons.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sword_man.gif posted:

dunno, has silly burrito attempted to interrogate an alexa lately, because alex jones has

No, but I have asked a Google Mini to turn my harmony remote on and off again. Same thing.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Chilichimp posted:

A Bad Opinion

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ozymandius1024 posted:

A Bad Opinion

That's fair.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chilichimp posted:

I know exactly one person who has decided not to watch games due to the anthem, the rest are people who never really watched anyway.
I have a cousin who is probably going to drop her Titans season tickets because of the kneeling and will just be a Vols and Predators fan. She's former military so that's part of it.

Dog tax for politics not in chat thread

https://imgur.com/gallery/tJGdu

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

I have a cousin who is probably going to drop her Titans season tickets because of the kneeling and will just be a Vols and Predators fan. She's former military so that's part of it.

Dog tax for politics not in chat thread

https://imgur.com/gallery/tJGdu

When the players repeatedly clarify it has nothing to do with the troops... the continuing to insist that it does is kinda her own deal.

Also if she was a pats fan walking away i’d be impressed. Not buying TITANS season tickets seems like a good entertainment decision.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Chilichimp posted:

When the players repeatedly clarify it has nothing to do with the troops... the continuing to insist that it does is kinda her own deal.

If only those military veterans knew what they should be offended about or not!

Anyway, I said earlier that any season with a Patriots beating and a playoff berth is technically a good season, but I really don't feel great about potentially losing 3 times to the Saints in one season.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chilichimp posted:

Also if she was a pats fan walking away i’d be impressed. Not buying TITANS season tickets seems like a good entertainment decision.
1: Yeah that's something I have beef about, that military people claim exclusive ownership of the flag and anthem.

2: Hometown fandom is what it is.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shiki Dan posted:

If only those military veterans knew what they should be offended about or not!

This, but not sarcastically.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.

Chilichimp posted:

Eh I have a hard time getting worked up about the Panthers. Give it another 20 years or so.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/941306799893889024

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
oh my god

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

DQ said today they have used Vic at LB way too much lately and now that guys are getting healthy he can go back to rushing the passer. Thank god. He was awful as a drop back line backer.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DQ said today they have used Vic at LB way too much lately and now that guys are getting healthy he can go back to rushing the passer. Thank god. He was awful as a drop back line backer.

better at it than Adrian Claiborne tho

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

better at it than Adrian Claiborne tho

Did you see Poe drop back into coverage last game? I don't even know wtf

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
McCoy is going to try to play with one arm against Atlanta. With one arm he'll still be by far the best lineman they trot out there. Ryan is just going to carve us up. And this is the game Hargreaves is returning for. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

McCoy is going to try to play with one arm against Atlanta. With one arm he'll still be by far the best lineman they trot out there. Ryan is just going to carve us up. And this is the game Hargreaves is returning for. :lol:

assuming matt ryan isnt wildly inconsistent between being garbage and being good, a classic "tell" of someone who doesn't regularly watch the falcons

• Locked thread