Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

IRQ posted:

I'm like 3 episodes behind but this season has sucked a big bag of dicks.

Yeah this current one is one of the all-time weakest seasons but the season earlier this year (with Officer Sarah winning) was one of the all-time greatest, so that makes up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

This is a drat good list although I’d probably swap a few things from 1-10 and 11-20. How is Better Things so low?

I could hazard a guess...

How did Travellers' 2nd season turn out? As good as the first?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just finished Brockmire s1 and DAAAAAMN that was some good television.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cactus posted:

I could hazard a guess...

How did Travellers' 2nd season turn out? As good as the first?

I'm loving it so far. Enrico Colantanti (Veronica Mars' dad) also joined the cast.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm loving it so far. Enrico Colantanti (Veronica Mars' dad) also joined the cast.

Well that settles it. I'm just gonna watch...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

less laughter posted:

Yeah this current one is one of the all-time weakest seasons but the season earlier this year (with Officer Sarah winning) was one of the all-time greatest, so that makes up for it.

dude if it's so good don't spoil who wins because now i have like no desire to watch it :(

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How much does working in Parks & Rec pay that everyone lives in gorgeous enormous homes and Tom just gets to spend all his money on everything

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Donna does a straight-to-camera bit about how she's in Pawnee because she likes the town but also that housing prices are rock bottom so she can invest all she makes elsewhere.

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 14, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John Noble on The Librarians.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

muscles like this! posted:

About drat time!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Calaveron posted:

How much does working in Parks & Rec pay that everyone lives in gorgeous enormous homes and Tom just gets to spend all his money on everything

Well they're in a tiny rear end town in Indiana so I'm guessing the answer is "lol" but the cost of living is probably also that.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

I'm like 3 episodes behind but this season has sucked a big bag of dicks.

The last two episodes have been pretty fantastic and have probably saved the season (haven't seen the one that's aired just now)

Escobarbarian posted:

This is a drat good list although I’d probably swap a few things from 1-10 and 11-20. How is Better Things so low?

The Louie factor.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Here is Sepinwall/Uproxx's Top 20 list too

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Isn't he the new big bad on Legends of Tomorrow too? I thought it was his voice but I didn't bother to check. I mean, I know I could look it up as I'm typing this, but man, who has that kind of time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's voicing the bad guy but he might not actually play him when he finally appears. CW has done that for a couple of years now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

He's voicing the bad guy but he might not actually play him when he finally appears. CW has done that for a couple of years now.

Bah that's right. I need as much Walter Bishop as possible in my life. I watched Sleepy Hollow for God's sake

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of odd that this season of The Librarians doesn't seem to have an overarching story. Usually the first episode of the season sets something up but this one didn't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't believe that show is still on the air.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wow, the mobile site is loving terrible.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Those complaining Riverdale doesn't move fast enough needs to watch tonights episode.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

So I was looking for another comedy series after finishing Always Sunny and I stumbled upon Trailer Park Boys.

I've seen 6 seasons so far. It is pretty fun, don't know what the consensus is on that show here. There is no overarching plot and every season the plot is pretty similar. Get out of jail > do illegal stuff to get money > go to jail. I understand the writers want to show how much of a gently caress up the main characters are and doing illegal things isn't really the way to go in life but it harms the story/surprise.

Also I feel like the cast and characters are really good for no name Canadian actors. The writing doesn't really help them since there is little change to their personas. They are the same people from the first episode to seasons later. This is something Always Sunny does so well despite it being a comedy show with no main storyline, the characters have changes each season.

Anyway still massively enjoying this show because it is so easy to watch and as a Canadian I have definitely seen people like Ricky.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
TPB is real good. After season 7 there was a seven-year gap (filled with a couple movies, the third and final one especially is great) before it got picked up by Netflix. First two seasons after that are pretty good but I haven’t liked the last two at all.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Woah, how old are you? How can you be Canadian and not have known about TPB? Crazy.

Anyway, show is great. The last season before the Netflix one and the three first Netflix seasons are the weakest, but still funny. Haven't seen the latest yet but I hear good things. Don't bother with the movies.

Also RIP John Dunsworth :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
esperterra did you ever see Don’t Legalize It, that movie rules

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

esperterra did you ever see Don’t Legalize It, that movie rules

Of the movies I remember that one being the least lovely, to be fair.

Also to be fair at least none of them are as bad as Swearnet.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

less laughter posted:

No, that season was pretty bad, too. My only hope for the redemption of this season is that that douchebag "I'M A MARINE DID I MENTION THAT YET NO LET ME EXPLAIN THEN" loses to like, the sex doctor or something. The full Gabon. The Marine winning would cement the season as bottom tier garbage.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

Wow, the mobile site is loving terrible.

At least every second word isn't linked to another story like the godawful AVClub site.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Really odd that Review made the list there when Nathan For You didn't. I loved Review too, but if someone is a fan of one, they'd surely be a fan of the other and Nathan For You is the far superior show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They’re not really that similar. Review doesn’t involve any interacting with real people, which is Nathan For You’s entire deal.

(I also prefer Review personally but hey)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Following Charlie Rose, PBS has now suspended Tavis Smiley for similar allegations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's perverts all the way down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

withak posted:

It's perverts all the way down.

All this time we thought the P stood for Public.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Another name on the list: Morgan Spurlock, who actually decided to out himself under no clear threat of exposure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's really unexpected. From anyone.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Following Charlie Rose, PBS has now suspended Tavis Smiley for similar allegations.

No more heroes :smithicide:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

They’re not really that similar. Review doesn’t involve any interacting with real people, which is Nathan For You’s entire deal.

Fair point, I guess that's a pretty fundamental difference.

I see them as similar in the sense that that they are one man comedy vehicles, full of wacky off the wall ideas, dripping with cringe comedy and the format of both shows is "I'm the host/owner of a hilarious and wacky business that provides a service to people in which I'll highlight one or two of each week. The journey these stories will take and the end results will not be what you expected"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

Countdown til Arthur's dad gets outed :ohdear:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Between this and Tavis Smiley today, I'm truly committed to the cause of just ousting literally everybody out of Hollywood and razing it to the ground completely. 2017 truly is the year of "every celebrity you marginally respect is a loving horrible person."

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's not just celebrities. A large portion of the men you know are also secretly awful.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Escobarbarian posted:

Looking that list my first thought was how is The Americans in the top 10. I like the show a lot, but I am not sure this last season would even make my top 20 (it might barely). Also The Good Place is great (it is in my top 10), but #1 given how great 2017 was? Nah. Also it is hard to take a top 20 list seriously that left out Master of None.

I just started Better Things season 1 last night, and I can say after 3 episodes I love it. I love Cokey Smurf.

• Locked thread