Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
monstrousness is in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

he's called Bakugo not Sasuke now

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Japan likes bad and dumb characters like Sasuke. America likes literal monsters. I don't know who loses.

We all lose

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

He even had a whole arc where he realized the only time Goku took him seriously was when he was evil.

Edit: And then he killed a whole fuckload more people but it's all forgiven because he realized being a dad is cool and then blew up. Don't get me wrong, I love Vegeta, but drat.

Wasn't it half mind control mojo?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he let babidi give him a power boost but vegeta was in control there

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Japan likes bad and dumb characters like Sasuke. America likes literal monsters. I don't know who loses.

Sasuke is cool and has done less bad things than Vegeta

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Aurora posted:

Sasuke is cool and has done less bad things than Vegeta

psh everyone forgets that kakashi's name was in the bingo book as well, how many did he murder?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Orochimaru is about peak forgiveness creep imo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He wasn't even really forgiven, people just let him stick around afterwards without talking about it.

Terper fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 13, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYIlET3szA

I really appreciate them telling All Might that Shigaraki is a terrible murderer so All Might is not allowed to confront him as his feelings for his grandparent would get in the way.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I mean, basically the entire cast of Dragon Ball aside from Goku and his immediate family were villains at one point or another.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SpacePig posted:

I mean, basically the entire cast of Dragon Ball aside from Goku and his immediate family were villains at one point or another.

I assume you aren't watching Super.

Also his immediate family includes no less than two planet-conquering, genocidal monsters (pre-Bardock retcons), so you know, not even that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Tbf Goku did kill his grandpa as a baby.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I assume you aren't watching Super.

Also his immediate family includes no less than two planet-conquering, genocidal monsters (pre-Bardock retcons), so you know, not even that.

I'm not. Gosh, is Goku a villain now? What a weird show.

And I completely forgot about his dad and brother being as bad as or worse than Vegeta. So yeah, basically everybody on that show was a villain in some way or other.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SpacePig posted:

I'm not. Gosh, is Goku a villain now? What a weird show.

And I completely forgot about his dad and brother being as bad as or worse than Vegeta. So yeah, basically everybody on that show was a villain in some way or other.

Goku' s midlife crisis is getting multiple universes deleted

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
TL;DR: Toriyama's feelings are "Goku's not really Good, it's more that he does good incidentally because he likes to fight people and just keeps getting pointed in the right direction". And that's kind of started causing issues.

To be fair, though, Zen-Oh was probably gonna delete those universes anyways, Goku's just saved one of them.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Terper posted:

He wasn't even really forgiven, people just let him stick around afterwards without talking about it.

He dissected children as one of his main hobbies

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

TL;DR: Toriyama's feelings are "Goku's not really Good, it's more that he does good incidentally because he likes to fight people and just keeps getting pointed in the right direction". And that's kind of started causing issues.

To be fair, though, Zen-Oh was probably gonna delete those universes anyways, Goku's just saved one of them.

It is hard to say how much of this is Zen-Ohs doing as he seems to have an attention span of about five seconds.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

He dissected children as one of his main hobbies

Guy did a dangerous experiment on 50 babies he kidnapped and did not even bother checking if any of them survived it. (Only one did and was rescued)

Guy was without a doubt the most depraved character in the series. It's kind amazing he got off Scot free.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I love Orochimaru's dumb ending.
He died, and then came back to life without it being his plan. So he just chilled out and wanted to watch what happened next while considering himself removed from the final conflict.
Then no one knew what to do with him besides keep an eye on him. So he started doing unethical experiments with clones, until he finally got an immortal body. And hes the only one that actually understands the concept of genetic clones vs shadow/water/sand clones so the Hokage Naruto deemed it ok.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gruckles posted:

I love Orochimaru's dumb ending.
He died, and then came back to life without it being his plan. So he just chilled out and wanted to watch what happened next while considering himself removed from the final conflict.
Then no one knew what to do with him besides keep an eye on him. So he started doing unethical experiments with clones, until he finally got an immortal body. And hes the only one that actually understands the concept of genetic clones vs shadow/water/sand clones so the Hokage Naruto deemed it ok.

He also set up his Sound village as a legitimate one. Really the only big thing that changed with him is that he became interested in watching natural development alongside unnatural development.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It wouldn't be the first time the Japanese got a free pass performing unethical experiments on human beings because their knowledge was deemed useful.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Goku' s midlife crisis is getting multiple universes deleted

people like to say this but it's explicitly not what happened and goku is the only reason any of them have a chance of making it out alive at all. like directly before goku shows up, the zeno's say they're gonna destroy everything and goku asking for the tournament is the only thing that lets one universe survive at the end. well discounting the fact that it's dragon ball and they're obviously gonna get wished back anyway

the werewolf guy pr campaigned goku into being the bad guy to the other universes tho

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Eej posted:

It wouldn't be the first time the Japanese got a free pass performing unethical experiments on human beings because their knowledge was deemed useful.

Lmao

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

people like to say this but it's explicitly not what happened and goku is the only reason any of them have a chance of making it out alive at all. like directly before goku shows up, the zeno's say they're gonna destroy everything and goku asking for the tournament is the only thing that lets one universe survive at the end. well discounting the fact that it's dragon ball and they're obviously gonna get wished back anyway

the werewolf guy pr campaigned goku into being the bad guy to the other universes tho

I always just view that as a desperate attempt to make Goku seem less monstrous then he really is. Anyway there is a new Vigilante chapter out on Viz. I really have come to enjoy just how all the characters act and how generally low key everything feels.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Eej posted:

Wasn't the knowledge they gained of extremely dubious usefulness due to the shoddy scientific methods used?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It was pretty much a veneer for horrible sadism like their German equivalents.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Terper posted:

At this point I think it mostly comes down to "Killing you is more trouble than it's worth and you'll just bullshit your way back to life anyway."

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shadowlyger posted:

At this point I think it mostly comes down to "Killing you is more trouble than it's worth and you'll just bullshit your way back to life anyway."

yeah pretty much he's under house arrest 24/7

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Slime posted:

Wasn't the knowledge they gained of extremely dubious usefulness due to the shoddy scientific methods used?

Yep. Ditto for Nazi experiments.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Then that's pretty accurate to Orochimaru, a guy who's idea of science was just kind of injecting kids with stuff. Tree guy cells, monster guy cells...when he was feeling REALLY inspired he put like, wind pipes into people so they could shoot wind. I consider that just injecting them with wind pipes tbh.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kild posted:

yeah pretty much he's under house arrest 24/7

Except not at all and he is free to go were he pleases. People just spy on him. He went to Parent Teacher Day. While laughing that was he was to come and go from the Hokage's office as he pleased.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Finally read the new vigilantes chapter. bees? in my vagina? It might be more likely than you think

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fabricated posted:

Finally read the new vigilantes chapter. bees? in my vagina? It might be more likely than you think

Vigilantes is going places.

Dangerous, terrifying places.:shepface:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://imgur.com/a/ZvZZj

the chapter since no one is linking it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So my running theory on that one is The girl is just a bee hive, basically. The actual villain is probably a queen bee or something. Judging by the eyepatch and apparent comatose state of punchman's wife there, she might have been a previous host? pretty interesting implications this chapter though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Shinjobi posted:

I thought they were coming from dangerous, terrifying places? :j:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Vigilantes once again proving itself superior to the main series. It seems like the arc's gonna get pretty dark and revengey with bee lady apparently having put punch daddy's wife into the hospital, but I like where it's headed so far. Skirt bees is a little weird, but certainly not the worst thing we've seen from the series.