Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

703 posted:

Ffs

"The accusations from NPR are false GOD and only GOD knows the truth, nothing is the way they make it out to be. AMERICA will not survive this type of judge and jury fake news . Conservatives take a stand. I LOVE GOD and I LOVE MY WIFE.."

Killing myself to own the libs

(I already feel terrible for writing that)

Tbh I hope more child molesters kill themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

And it made a lot of people very angry

Most (if not all), of the people who got angry at this are part of the 30% unshakeable far right. It should have no bearing whatsoever on wether Democrats should consider putting up a candidate by the name of Castro. It simply does not matter,

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Hirsute posted:

Almost all servers/bartenders at a decently busy establishment make a lot more than minimum wage, almost certainly more than they'd get paid without tipping. Ideally everyone would get paid properly but as it stands now, it's a pretty sweet deal that benefits everyone in the service industry (except kitchen staff, who are wildly underpaid).

At the very least restaurants shouldn't get an exemption from minimum wage laws and be allowed to pay the servers 2-3$ an hour. And like others have said, there's something seriously wrong with the business model if they would go under for paying the actual minimum wage so gently caress em if they do.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah the Castro thing was just a joke, I'm sure he would be fine

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Charliegrs posted:

At the very least restaurants shouldn't get an exemption from minimum wage laws and be allowed to pay the servers 2-3$ an hour. And like others have said, there's something seriously wrong with the business model if they would go under for paying the actual minimum wage so gently caress em if they do.

The transition to a no-tipping place is always weird, because at first you're like "whoa holy gently caress this food is expensive," but then you realize that VAT is included and you don't need to tip and it turns out, usually, to be completely normal.

That's a major impediment to moving to a no-tipping system. It's really hard to do it one at a time because your prices will look ridiculously bad, even if you'll end up paying the same amount.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Castro would probably make a fine pres. And he has the "outsider" thing going for him, too.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Kilroy posted:

Probably on garden leave.

Wow, quelle racist

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/Mucinex/status/929022494899691520?s=17

He's running

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Everyone should get paid better uniformly, and your pay shouldn't be based on how nice the people who eat at the restaurant that night are feeling. gently caress tipping culture, it's dumb bullshit.

Yes I do know that would mean that most people couldn't afford to go out to eat anymore. Too bad.

The only way that people wouldn't be able to eat out is if they somehow believe that they can't afford a 20% increase in price on the menu that they were going to pay anyway, or restaurant owners use it as an excuse to raise prices even higher and pocket the difference.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

This could be interesting if she really ate poo poo on the way out like it's being reported.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I recently found out that Budd Dwyer was innocent of what he was charged of and the guy whose testimony they used to convict him lied so he would receive a reduced sentence. I only knew him from his infamous final moments, but it’s a really sad story.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Oh man, jump on the grenade or tell all?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Office Pig posted:

It's like he was born to get his teeth smashed in with a claw hammer.

I really hope he dies.

Unmarked graves.

it's great seeing just how much contempt they have for us. good to know.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

PT6A posted:

The transition to a no-tipping place is always weird, because at first you're like "whoa holy gently caress this food is expensive," but then you realize that VAT is included and you don't need to tip and it turns out, usually, to be completely normal.

That's a major impediment to moving to a no-tipping system. It's really hard to do it one at a time because your prices will look ridiculously bad, even if you'll end up paying the same amount.

So what, gently caress 'em.

If any other industry than restaurants tried to make the "woe is us, we can't afford to pay our employees, we'd go out of business" shtick we'd tell them to gently caress off and be right in doing so. We're only justifying it here because it's a cultural norm we were conditioned to accept as normal and fair.

Stickman posted:

The only way that people wouldn't be able to eat out is if they somehow believe that they can't afford a 20% increase in price on the menu that they were going to pay anyway, or restaurant owners use it as an excuse to raise prices even higher and pocket the difference.

I'd say this depends on how much restaurant workers are going to get paid in the new system. I'm just saying, even if servers being properly paid resulted in a substantial price hike, too bad.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Lycus posted:

Based on that piece on her a few months ago that said she was completely self absorbed and no one seems to know what she was there for I don't think she's going to praise the great leader as she sinks into the lava.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rex-Goliath posted:

it's great seeing just how much contempt they have for us. good to know.

The guillotine has no feelings to hurt.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Omarosa is probably still quite loyal to Trump and won't say anything bad about him. Hell she likely believes Kelly fired her without approval.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh hey Dan Johnson killed himself, that'll do.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Lycus posted:

Jumping on the grenade would be my bet.

I just don't see her using this as an opportunity to slam Trump. If anything she'd use this as a way to show she's still loyal for whatever reasons.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

I mean... that's just whataboutism.

Just because Republicans can elect an inexperienced candidate to the highest office in the land doesn't mean we should too.

Yeah I phrased that poorly. I meant in terms of how electable the candidate is, the GOP pretty much made that a non-issue forever by nominating Trump. Not that that will stop them from crowing about how inexperienced Democrat X is, of course.

Personally I'd prefer Democratic candidates with some level of public service beyond mayor of a large city and HUD secretary. How about we get both Castros as TX Senators?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I bet Omarosa drags on Kelley and the more establishment types way more than Donald or the family, and I certainly doubt she knew anything of particular importance. That said, this could still be fun.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

So what, gently caress 'em.

I agree with you, no-tipping systems where all restaurant staff are properly compensated are far superior, I'm just saying there needs to be a plan to get from here to there.

Even if you just made serving a standard minimum-wage position, which would be a good thing, it wouldn't eliminate tipping. It needs to be a shift undertaken by the whole industry at the same time, and I just don't see a way that can happen. I'm open to ideas, if you have any.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/941124360622034944

Disgruntled Republicans spread rumors Ryan going to quit,

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

He sets a good example for rapists and child molesters though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

farraday posted:

I approve.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

farraday posted:

If Ryan straight-up quits Congress, you couldn't sound a louder alarm bell to the rest of the rats on the ship.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://mobile.twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/941045103673606144

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

farraday posted:

GOP congress critter discovers next year exists, realizes elections happen every two years, questions what a voter is.

What? I'm just drawing swastikas in the desk with PENCIL guys, it'll erase!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

PT6A posted:

I agree with you, no-tipping systems where all restaurant staff are properly compensated are far superior, I'm just saying there needs to be a plan to get from here to there.

Even if you just made serving a standard minimum-wage position, which would be a good thing, it wouldn't eliminate tipping. It needs to be a shift undertaken by the whole industry at the same time, and I just don't see a way that can happen. I'm open to ideas, if you have any.

I don't think we specifically need to outlaw tipping, if we force restaurants to pay servers standard wages and standard wages go up eventually the practice will die out naturally.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

farraday posted:

The Iron Stache comes for you, Ryan.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

lmao get hosed scumbag

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When you go to a polling place they have a list of every eligible voter at that precinct and check your loving ID.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

She's been sucking Donnie's cock for years, she aint doing poo poo to attack Donnie, this is going be an attack on Kelly.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dont even fink about it posted:

If Ryan straight-up quits Congress, you couldn't sound a louder alarm bell to the rest of the rats on the ship.

Can he be ousted from the Speakership without losing his seat, by the by?

https://twitter.com/jonrog1/status/941083157712969728

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Like for the buggers?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A black man named Hussein Obama won. Some dude named Castro will be fine.

After which the dems will run Bob Hitler, CPA in 2028.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
when did bitchell start getting ratioed? Is he popular now?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Voter ID laws let us down. :(

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Spiritus Nox posted:

Can he be ousted from the Speakership without losing his seat, by the by?

https://twitter.com/jonrog1/status/941083157712969728

Possibly? His district is heavily gerrymandered but he's also very unpopular with Republicans broadly last I checked. I don't know if that translates to unpopularity with Republicans in his district, but he does have credible challengers for next year.

Also this tweet thread is a pro click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

gently caress off with your "just asking questions" you gigantic shitgibbon

• Locked thread