Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Zemyla posted:

Swamp Thing was the loving hero of the comic and cartoon he was in.

Dude just wanted to protect his swamp

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This really is the Post-Reality era we are living in :cripes:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

:wow:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

davebo posted:

Yoiks. All they had to do was have the little girl's hand clenched in a fist. With it open like that the whole thing feels super inappropriate.

Seriously, I had the same thought when I saw it earlier. Eugh.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic

Trogdos! posted:

filler cartoon time

I'm more interested in how this dog is chasing its tail with that horribly mangled back half flapping in the breeze. As soon as Garrison tries to draw something besides stiff caricatures of humans it becomes increasingly clear that he just draws the head and then slaps the rest of the body on there later as an afterthought.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

That Rall is so loving lovely. THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES HAD ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM FROM DOZENS. AN ACCUSED PEDOPHILE ONLY NARROWLY LOST AN ELECTION AND HAD HIS PARTY’S BACKING.

We are not remotely in the realm of men in power being hounded for their crimes. They are treated just as well as the warmongers (and you, know, tend to be the same loving people anyways). I have to assume Rall has done some sketchy poo poo in the past and is getting defensive. If that’s the case, then I hope whatever poor woman befell him can finally sink this has-been once and for all.

To be fair to Rall, the imperialist warmongers should also be tossed out and shamed. Every time they go into public, presented with pictures of the hundreds of thousands of people dead because of them, every time they want to give a speech or interview they must first explain to a family member why their arcane theories of geopolitics makes their loved ones dying a good thing.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 14, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dimebags Brain posted:

To be fair to Rall

You should not be fair to Ted Rall.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You should not be fair to Ted Rall.

"To be fair" is the only reason Ted Rall has ever gotten a job. Hasn't Fox bought him on air to be the token dumb liberal everyone else dunks on before?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Sure does SUCK getting misgendered even to the smallest degree, huh? HUH? Makes you wanna punch someone, huh? HUH???

And no lessons were learned.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This is mostly spot-on but I'm not 100% sure Bitcoin server farms are what's killing the environment

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

loquacius posted:

This is mostly spot-on but I'm not 100% sure Bitcoin server farms are what's killing the environment

https://www.inverse.com/article/39138-bitcoin-energy-consumption

They certainly don't help.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I had no idea bitcoin was spending this amount of energy on what amounts to a means of speculation for Chinese investors, and the only possible response is "lol"

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

Super anal as it seems there's a variety of things killing us: vehicular emissions, coal and gas pollution, cow farts, man farts, so on and so forth. Bitcoin just has the honor of joining that list while being exponentially more stupid for its existence.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Also the point of buying drugs for bitcoin is that you're not restricted to just local dealers. poo poo on bitcoin investor techies any day but that's like the one nice thing about bitcoin (although people are slowly but surely shifting towards more secure cryptocurrencies like Monero for that use).

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yup, things like driving obviously contribute more to pollution but modern society can't exist without it. Bitcoins serve no practical purpose and all the energy spent "mining" them is basically being thrown out a window. Its dumb as hell.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Internet Kraken posted:

Yup, things like driving obviously contribute more to pollution but modern society can't exist without it. Bitcoins serve no practical purpose and all the energy spent "mining" them is basically being thrown out a window. Its dumb as hell.

Plus, by it’s own design, it takes more and more effort (and thus, electricity) to generate the same amount of Bitcoin the longer it goes on.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

To be fair to Rall, the imperialist warmongers should also be tossed out and shamed. Every time they go into public, presented with pictures of the hundreds of thousands of people dead because of them, every time they want to give a speech or interview they must first explain to a family member why their arcane theories of geopolitics makes their loved ones dying a good thing.
No one is arguing that. The problem is that he's acting like it's this thing that's always been when it's pretty much a new phenomenon that people are getting accused AND the accused actually pay consequences. It's a lovely cartoon from Rall because he thinks being contrarian makes him ahead of the curve.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Pants Donkey posted:

No one is arguing that. The problem is that he's acting like it's this thing that's always been when it's pretty much a new phenomenon that people are getting accused AND the accused actually pay consequences. It's a lovely cartoon from Rall because he thinks being contrarian makes him ahead of the curve.

Ebert wasn't smart

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Citizen Kane was boring

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone have the Rall/Penis by Penis crossover eulogy?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Fulchrum posted:

Does anyone have the Rall/Penis by Penis crossover eulogy?

What did you do to get that title this time?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

William McGurn says in the in the WSJ that FBI Director Christopher Wray flipped the bird at Congress. Wray refused to provide information about applications for FISA warrants used to spy on Americans.

He says it’s classified information. And besides, he’s preparing a report for the Inspector General.

Congress can wait.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That Lukovich donkey is the stuff of nightmares.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is Ramirez saying Bannon is really playing 3d dimensional chess?

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 14, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bombadilillo posted:

Is Ramirez saying Bannon is really playing 3d dimensional chess?

No he seems to be saying that their homless racist is destroying the republicans by making sure they don't have a majority anymore. He won't exactly blame the people who let him and Trump come to power to threaten that Republican hedgmony, but he seems to be aware enough that they hosed themselves, but are just blaming Bannon instead of everyone else involved in this Twilight of the Regressive.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Goddamn, the fear response of these guys to sexual misconduct is loving wonderful. It's hard not to assume that the men who just don't get it are guilty in some form.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Office Pig posted:

That Lukovich donkey is the stuff of nightmares.

Disagree.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Stefu posted:

Question: What would Ben Garrison draw if he was Finnish?

Answer:

Pictured far-right presidential candidate Laura Huhtasaari.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Why does the EU duck have two heads?

It's a parody of "The Attack" from 1899 by Edvard Isto which was made against Russification of Finnish autonomous state.

e;fb by 2 pages :commissar:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

Yeah and I was on board with that through the first three panels because Hillary, Obama and their neocon friends' foreign policy of mass murdering Arabs has ruined the lives of hundreds of thousands of more women than what Franken did.

But then in the fourth panel he veers off the road and compares Franken's resignation to burning heretics at the stake, as if what happened to poor old Al "honk honk" Franken is some horribly unjustifiable sentence and nope. Nope nope nope nope.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JaggerMcDagger posted:

What did you do to get that title this time?

I got no clue

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

But but... if we stop turning a blind eye to sexually assault... kids won’t be able to sit on Santa’s lap. It’s common sense!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Zesty posted:

But but... if we stop turning a blind eye to sexually assault... kids won’t be able to sit on Santa’s lap. It’s common sense!!

It's about Roy Moore

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Man, I can't believe that rear end-grabber, Senator... uh... who is that supposed to be, again?

Presumably not Trump, who is weirdly left out of this comic while Hillary gets all the scorn.

quote:

I appreciate Beeler placing me, the reader, in the position of a millionaire CEO.

Lurdiak posted:

I, uh... what?

My's biskepsks is unnatural, Olive Oyl! I's gots ta go getsk me a biopsy hyuuuss that's right a-kuk-kuk-kuk-kuk-kuk

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Chip Bok posted:

Wray refused to provide information about applications for FISA warrants used to spy on Americans.

He says it’s classified information. And besides, he’s preparing a report for the Inspector General.

Hmm, he should share classified information, you say?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Just wanted to highlight how excellent this art is. What else has this artist done?

heck, same.

Can we confirm pants location?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ramos posted:

Nah, Garrison will be too busy jacking it to the sexy Santa Trump he drew that's giving everyone tax breaks for Christmas while (probably literal) snowflakes stare in, angrily crying.

2008 to 2016: Obama dressed as Santa Claus giving out presents with a big red "BAD" label.
2017: Trump dressed as Santa Claus giving out presents with a big red "GOOD" label.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Despera posted:

Citizen Kane was boring

Yeah, it was stupid of Rall to take pot shots on a dead guy but I never understood Ebert's insistence that Kane was an entertaining movie in and of itself rather than just a very important and influential tech demo. He honestly expected the average moviegooer to be blown away by just a surface level viewing be which was weird considering helping average movie watchers find something to watch was something he did for a living for 40 years. I would have agreed with rall's comic if it wasn't an obituary.

• Locked thread