Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

foutre posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for good co-op games that can be played either locally or over Bluetooth? Compatible with iOS is a plus.

So far I've got some boardgames:

Burgle Bros
Pandemic

And some general games:

Death Road to Canada
Portal Knights
Badland
Minecraft

Are there any games I should try out? Same device co-op is ideal, going to have some long plane rides coming up.

Spaceteam is great but might get a bit loud for a plane ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

quite stretched out posted:

how does spacechem look on android? does the ui render it tablet only or would it be playable on a phone?

I have it on my LG G4, and it's pretty tough to see/play. I love it on PC, and it's doable, but drat, it's not optimized for a small screen. Everything's basically shrunken to fit.

The opposite of your username.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

foutre posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for good co-op games that can be played either locally or over Bluetooth? Compatible with iOS is a plus.

i think android/ios crossplay requires that you be on the same wifi network, but: spaceteam

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

foutre posted:

So far I've got some boardgames:

Burgle Bros
Pandemic

And some general games:

Death Road to Canada
Portal Knights
Badland
Minecraft

Are there any games I should try out? Same device co-op is ideal, going to have some long plane rides coming up.

Soul Knight is Wi-Fi co op. Basically Enter the Gungeon.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Cool, thanks y'all. I totally forgot about spaceteam, and I'll dl Soul Knight for sure.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Endless frontier is strangely addicting, there's a lot of strategy underneath the very thin clicker veneer

What's the wrestling game called people are playing?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

darkhand posted:

Endless frontier is strangely addicting, there's a lot of strategy underneath the very thin clicker veneer

What's the wrestling game called people are playing?

Muscle Hustle

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.foglo.tmh&hl=en

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Thanks, seems cool so far

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

Ranzear posted:

Crossposting my plug from the iOS megathread.

Ragnaquest launched last night on Android and iOS.

It's dumb and funny and, YMMV on this, a gacha game. Odin is a bum, Thor is a beautiful meathead. Slepnir is a dude in a horsemask who's into pony play, etc. It's been in Japan for seven or eight years and we picked it up for translation and release. I think the content was rolled back to roughly year 3. As for the gacha aspects, most three stars can be evolved to 5 star, so it's not like you have to always roll for the top tier, you can grind most to max rarity.

Flog my servers. Justify my salary. Collect chibi Valkyries.

Friend: 7299488384 / Ranzear
(Oh, and we love data. Please let me know how long your post-tutorial download takes and your location. We want to improve it from this one-file-at-a-time junk and I'm trying to determine how much of it is just latency.)

Downloaded.

Friend: 9638292927 / FimbulWinter

It was around ten minutes to download post special summon in Redmond WA on a 200 MB connection.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I resisted on this wrestler game for a while, but I finally installed it today and it's a loving blast. If anyone is still playing, my User ID is 348865. Is there a list of other Goon players floating around anywhere?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Rangaquest has been pretty fun. I really like you are guaranteed a 5* and you can reroll as many times as you like without replay the tutorial. I'm not sure the tier list but I managed to snag

All father Odin 5*
Valkyrie Olrun 5*
Odin 3*
Urdr 3*
Llia 3* (one of the new releases)
Fenrir 3*
Nott 3*

And a couple of 3* that have no storyline artwork. I'm assuming the storyline artwork at least means that are somewhat powerful because they are main gods.

My ID is 1747195097 I guess I am doing wind and light teams.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

This is the most straight up BS thing I've ever seen, the game advertises itself as this huge break from the usual but it is exactly like every other gacha/autoplay game they've made like they basically just reskinned one of their other games.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I tried the Muscle Hustle and apparently you win matches via knockout, are you kidding me?

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

Shwqa posted:

Rangaquest has been pretty fun. I really like you are guaranteed a 5* and you can reroll as many times as you like without replay the tutorial. I'm not sure the tier list but I managed to snag

All father Odin 5*
Valkyrie Olrun 5*
Odin 3*
Urdr 3*
Llia 3* (one of the new releases)
Fenrir 3*
Nott 3*

And a couple of 3* that have no storyline artwork. I'm assuming the storyline artwork at least means that are somewhat powerful because they are main gods.

My ID is 1747195097 I guess I am doing wind and light teams.

A good rule of thumb is going to be team cost. When I started a few days ago the best rarest units cost 22, idk if they put anything else in the pool. Pick any 5 star guy that costs 22+ you like, it seems like they all have their uses. Light or dark units have more versatility so if you absolutely must have the best it's probably Nott or the +40% Attack light guy (if there even is one? icr). You guys can add me, I have a leveled up Thor. Love, Walg 8258206218

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Humble Bundle consisting of games published by Noodlecake. They include:

Invert: The Flipping Puzzles
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery
Alto's Adventure
Pug's Quest
Vignettes (beat the average)
Shooting Stars! (beat the average)
Tower Dwellers (beat the average)
Caterzillar (beat the average)
Framed 2 ($5 or more)
The Bug Butcher ($5 or more)
Snowball ($5 or more)

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Incessant Excess posted:

I tried the Muscle Hustle and apparently you win matches via knockout, are you kidding me?

every match is a last man standing match

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
Don't they sometimes do knockouts in wwe?

Anyway, this game is so fun!

Muscle hustle id: 348706

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

MPLS to NOLA posted:

A good rule of thumb is going to be team cost. When I started a few days ago the best rarest units cost 22, idk if they put anything else in the pool. Pick any 5 star guy that costs 22+ you like, it seems like they all have their uses. Light or dark units have more versatility so if you absolutely must have the best it's probably Nott or the +40% Attack light guy (if there even is one? icr). You guys can add me, I have a leveled up Thor. Love, Walg 8258206218

Just pulled a 23 cost with Future Norn Skuld, perhaps the Fates are all 23?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Are there any good puzzle games out? I like playing games like 2048, bejeweled, columns, castle doombad and dungeon raid (when it worked) but I don't want to have to deal with stamina points or anything limiting how much you can play.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

We Know Catheters posted:

Are there any good puzzle games out? I like playing games like 2048, bejeweled, columns, castle doombad and dungeon raid (when it worked) but I don't want to have to deal with stamina points or anything limiting how much you can play.

Bad Banker is pretty good.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Ticket to Earth, a neat looking tile-chaining puzzler/tactical RPG that first hit iOS quite a few months ago is now out for Android.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 12, 2017

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
Has any one here played through Peggle Blast? I lost in the first battle of level 195 and now it won't let me replay it. After googling I get the impression that it isn't supposed to be replayable but you should still be able to move on to the last levels.

Illudere fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 12, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dream Town Story from Kairosoft is out. I don't remember seeing it mentioned in here, but I may have missed it.

According to Android Police, "Dream Town Story is the latest Kairosoft game to receive an English translation. If you couldn't tell, the game is mainly a city builder that asks you to compete with other players to see who can build the highest ranked town. There is even a co-op mode included that gives you the opportunity to build a city with the help of a friend.".

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Kheldarn posted:

Dream Town Story from Kairosoft is out. I don't remember seeing it mentioned in here, but I may have missed it.

According to Android Police, "Dream Town Story is the latest Kairosoft game to receive an English translation. If you couldn't tell, the game is mainly a city builder that asks you to compete with other players to see who can build the highest ranked town. There is even a co-op mode included that gives you the opportunity to build a city with the help of a friend.".

Looks like another one of their freemium games and most of those have been pretty lousy, in my opinion. :(

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.
I'm jumping on the late train for wrestling. 347739

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I've been playing Ticket to Earth for the past day or so and I'm liking it a lot. The graphics and presentation are quite nice, and it has a plot I'm actually invested in.

The game is also quite challenging, and it seems to lean more towards the puzzle side of things; because of the focus on tile matching, playing it like a traditional turn-based tactics game mostly goes out the window. For example you need to match tiles to charge up your attack power, so it's usually very difficult to be constantly on the offensive. Because of this I did find it a little frustrating trying to make it through some of the early levels (particularly the ones involving lots of enemies) before it eventually clicked with me. The game does eventually introduce things like powers and perks which makes combat a bit more dynamic.

That said, it's still a really interesting and very polished mash up of matching puzzle and tactics, and I think it's worth a look if you're into those genres.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Dec 13, 2017

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Ranzear posted:

Crossposting my plug from the iOS megathread.

Ragnaquest launched last night on Android and iOS.

It's dumb and funny and, YMMV on this, a gacha game. Odin is a bum, Thor is a beautiful meathead. Slepnir is a dude in a horsemask who's into pony play, etc. It's been in Japan for seven or eight years and we picked it up for translation and release. I think the content was rolled back to roughly year 3. As for the gacha aspects, most three stars can be evolved to 5 star, so it's not like you have to always roll for the top tier, you can grind most to max rarity.

Flog my servers. Justify my salary. Collect chibi Valkyries.

Friend: 7299488384 / Ranzear
(Oh, and we love data. Please let me know how long your post-tutorial download takes and your location. We want to improve it from this one-file-at-a-time junk and I'm trying to determine how much of it is just latency.)

I'm in MN, downloaded it over WiFi and the post-tutorial thing took maybe 2 minutes?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wrestle talk - Sorry, I'm late to the game and I missed all the early discussion. There isn't a thread somewhere, is there?

Anyway, I did a gold Multi, got a solid default team.. what now? In any other Gacha I'd just keep summoning dudes, but that doesn't seem to be worthwhile here. I got enough gold together for a second summon and got the Heel version of someone I was already using, which is interesting, but realistically, nobody else I even want to field right now. I'm going for variety, and even though one of my main team is a 2-star, he's a "heavy" that blasts through people and already has a bunch of levels, so I don't want to bench him just for a 3-star - especially since the only 2 extras I have are the same "type" as the ones I was already using. Is there a way to get gear other than randomly getting it in matches? What's the point of doing (in-game) cash summons for 1-2 star dudes when I have a team of 3-stars? Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the hell out of this game, I just don't get all the mechanics just yet.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Looks like another one of their freemium games and most of those have been pretty lousy, in my opinion. :(

Yeah I've bought almost every Kairosoft $4.99 game and don't even bother installing the free ones.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Wrestle talk - Sorry, I'm late to the game and I missed all the early discussion. There isn't a thread somewhere, is there?

Anyway, I did a gold Multi, got a solid default team.. what now? In any other Gacha I'd just keep summoning dudes, but that doesn't seem to be worthwhile here. I got enough gold together for a second summon and got the Heel version of someone I was already using, which is interesting, but realistically, nobody else I even want to field right now. I'm going for variety, and even though one of my main team is a 2-star, he's a "heavy" that blasts through people and already has a bunch of levels, so I don't want to bench him just for a 3-star - especially since the only 2 extras I have are the same "type" as the ones I was already using. Is there a way to get gear other than randomly getting it in matches? What's the point of doing (in-game) cash summons for 1-2 star dudes when I have a team of 3-stars? Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the hell out of this game, I just don't get all the mechanics just yet.

Once you have a decent team of 3 stars, you don't need to do that cash summon much. There is sometimes a daily that will use it, I had on where you needed to draft 3 coaches, but other than that, it's not great. Spend the cash on skill levels.

It can be useful to have some strong 2 stars for multiplayer though.

Save your gold for the slot expansion imo.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Anyone else playing Township? Once you get your first inventory upgrade its a decent farming idle game. I just got access to co-ops (guilds) and am hoping there might be a few goons to join.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

New Leaf posted:

After your first gold summon you want to buy the Infinite locker room expansion, it's the best bang for your buck after you have a decent starter team and it'll set you up for the long run, you can store the bajillion coaches you can get from some special matches until you can use them on the right wrestler. After that just use gold to summon more guys and get a better team synergy and/or fill up your collection I guess?

Also, I think you're talking about base star ranks but I'm kind of confused with your terminology here: Jobber wrestlers start at 1* but can go up to 3*, Pros go from 2* to 4* and Superstars from 3* to 5*.

Pros at 3* or 4* can be useful for a long time and you'll get a lot of coaches, gear and championship belts to power them up so don't worry about wasting your resources on a "suboptimal" guy. Also, multiplayer team size is limited by star numbers so it's handy to keep a bunch of strong 2-4* guys around that can fit in the ring.

Heavies are amazing when you're facing crowds or can push guys into a corner just right. Bumpers, piercers and all guys with aerials are also great to rack up the damage but I haven't found a good use for lightweights except for those guys that do buffs/debuffs on bump as support for my other guys, because their damage output seems terrible.

Anyway, this is my experience as not a min-maxy kind of guy, maybe someone has a more optimal approach and I'd love to get some more tips.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Washin Tong posted:

Heavies are amazing when you're facing crowds or can push guys into a corner just right. Bumpers, piercers and all guys with aerials are also great to rack up the damage but I haven't found a good use for lightweights except for those guys that do buffs/debuffs on bump as support for my other guys, because their damage output seems terrible.

Lightweights with the Combo Bump skill that increases damage for each additional bump are amazing. I like to use them in combination with a heavy who has the Slingshot ability. That way, even if you don't have an angle that allows for repeatedly bumping into an opponent, you can slingshot around and hit multiple targets for high damage.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I got a new phone and transferred over all my apps and games but wrestling's save didn't transfer so I am having to start over with that.

Endless frontier transferred but when I launch it I cannot see the bottom part of the game so i cannot get to the buttons down there to do stuff. I tried to uninstall it and reinstall and it does the same thing. I like that game too but I can't play it now. Going to try to shoot the devs an email though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Washin Tong posted:

Also, I think you're talking about base star ranks but I'm kind of confused with your terminology here: Jobber wrestlers start at 1* but can go up to 3*, Pros go from 2* to 4* and Superstars from 3* to 5*.

You're right - My team is 2 Superstars and 1 Pro. I have 3 other Super Stars - so 4 total - but one is a Heel version of one from my team, and 3 of the 4 are Showmen, so I don't want to overload myself with them if I come up against a team they're weak to.. The Pro is a Heavy Olympian, and the other two on my team are are a Hardhead Piercer and Lightweight Show(wo)man.

I guess I'll start working on some of my Pros - I know I won't have gear for anyone just yet other than my Jobbers but I've gotten a few up them up to 2-star.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

mrkillboy posted:

I've been playing Ticket to Earth for the past day or so and I'm liking it a lot. The graphics and presentation are quite nice, and it has a plot I'm actually invested in.

The game is also quite challenging, and it seems to lean more towards the puzzle side of things; because of the focus on tile matching, playing it like a traditional turn-based tactics game mostly goes out the window. For example you need to match tiles to charge up your attack power, so it's usually very difficult to be constantly on the offensive. Because of this I did find it a little frustrating trying to make it through some of the early levels (particularly the ones involving lots of enemies) before it eventually clicked with me. The game does eventually introduce things like powers and perks which makes combat a bit more dynamic.

That said, it's still a really interesting and very polished mash up of matching puzzle and tactics, and I think it's worth a look if you're into those genres.

Thanks for this. I'm only just at the beginning, but I'm really enjoying this game.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Mikey Purp posted:

Lightweights with the Combo Bump skill that increases damage for each additional bump are amazing. I like to use them in combination with a heavy who has the Slingshot ability. That way, even if you don't have an angle that allows for repeatedly bumping into an opponent, you can slingshot around and hit multiple targets for high damage.

This sounds pretty good, actually. I'll give it a shot as soon as I can level up the right characters.

Oh and I forgot to leave my ID, add 331909 for some sweaty, bearded, screaming wrasslin'.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ive been aiming for a broad spread in wrestles, tryin to get at least a heel and a face of every colour just for maximum flexibility while still being able to get the +20ish% bonus for having a set of heels or a set of faces in your team

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Due out for release next year, it looks like hero battler Marvel Strike Force has been soft launched on Android uh.. somewhere.

Also out is a port of the enhanced Abe's Oddysee remake Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, and Jumanji, a mobile board game inspired by a movie about a fictional video game inspired by a movie about a fictional board game.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ack
Mar 16, 2007
ack ack ack ack
Muscle Hustling as 350475