Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

But it's okay, because VA is going to be great with all the money David makes from this, just like when they did Neptunia :jerkbag:

Are you bitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Captain Tsubasa is several leagues above Jojo in both quality and popularity.

Maybe in countries where people give a poo poo about soccer.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
eh, I don't have any nostalgia for Tsubasa and that pv didn't do much to get me hyped

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I too get upset when people say the show I like isn’t as popular as another property.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Nipponophile posted:

Exactly, the countries that count.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

guys guys both jojo and captain tsubasa are good okay?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Strange Quark posted:

Are you bitter

No? I was making fun of all the people who said that DP was going to "use the money from Neptunia" to improve Stardust Crusaders (which is not how it works) to try to reconcile that they were doing a Neptunia anime.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

Please don't insult me by calling me a youtuber.
:hai:

K. Flaps posted:

Captain Tsubasa is several leagues above Jojo in both quality and popularity.
was. :eng101:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Isn't the one that's starting in January, Citrus or whatever it's called is also ecchi? Same goes for the NTR show from earlier this year.

I dunno how far citrus goes, but from what I've seen "hilariously convenient censorship" is pretty much To-Lie's primary gag.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

American here, it's better than Jojo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I don't think Tsubasa is more popular than Jojos in 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Tsubasa sounds like the next Mahoujin Guruguru, so I hope it's as good, and not as unpopular...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Motto posted:

I dunno how far citrus goes, but from what I've seen "hilariously convenient censorship" is pretty much To-Lie's primary gag.

To Love-Ru -> Trouble
ToLie Angle -> Triangle

realyl makes u think

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Space Flower posted:

https://twitter.com/merryhachi/status/940960878060494848

Tachibanakan Triangle, an ecchi harem manga serialized in Yuri Hime, will be getting an anime adaption sometime in 2018.

post reacts

:woot:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sure that used to be an emote..

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh wait it's :woop:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Fangz posted:

Tsubasa sounds like the next Mahoujin Guruguru,

Nah. It's just an old sport manga. And quite a generic one too.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Anime-Gataris' OP is insanely catchy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Eela6 posted:

Anime-Gataris' OP is insanely catchy.

Can't wait to see the annual SA Anime stats to know who has superior taste based on watching Animegataris

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHwkaoRq26M
mari okada movie

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

Nah. It's just an old sport manga. And quite a generic one too.

It might seem generic today but that's because it has been a very huge influence on the genre.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

That looks really good. I'm pumped!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yeGQ0PyXpc
big day

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That looks neat! Funny thing: The moment I heard the main girl's voice I thought "Oh, hey HanaKana's back!" and then check the credits and lmao, it's the girl who portrayed the blue-haired chick from Gamers! (I pretty much recognized everyone else, though, because I should probably watch something other than anime when practicing guitar).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

where the gently caress are the fwiggen funny faces

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I hope the Captain Tsubasa remake still has 18km long soccer fields.

https://translate.google.com/translate?&u=http%3A%2F%2Fchacho44.tripod.com%2Fid38.html

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

where the gently caress are the fwiggen funny faces

tbf i don't think the first two chapters or so had funny faces

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Speaking of funny faces, I wonder when Konosuba's next project will get released?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i looked into my crystal ball and then had a discussion with the studio deen executives and theyre telling me next week

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OTOKO
NO
loving
ROMAN
:black101:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

'The anime's story centers on high school girls going to the South Pole, "a place further than the universe."'

Anime is weird sometimes.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Srice posted:

It might seem generic today but that's because it has been a very huge influence on the genre.

Still, I would have preferred something else than another adaptation of this stuff. Even 30 years ago, when me and my schoolmates watched It in TV, I found it very boring. I just don't like soccer anime very much.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Motto posted:

Citrus is pretty tame most of the time; it doesn't really show much beyond kissing, and in general it's more interested in following the characters' relationships than in sex comedy or fanservice (although I won't say there's none of those things).

To-Lie Angle, from what I've read of it, seems like a super generic harem comedy in the vein of Love Hina except that instead of the protagonist being the only boy at an all-girls' dorm, she's just the only harem protagonist at an all-girls' dorm. Which you'd think would change some things, but it really doesn't. But hey, if that sounds like something you'd be in the market for, it'll probably deliver exactly what you expect it to.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
another adaptation of soccer anime existing doesn't exactly take anything away from you

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The Colonel posted:

another adaptation of soccer anime existing doesn't exactly take anything away from you

I guess? It's like the Sailor Moon remake. I just don't see the appeal.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Dec 14, 2017

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

YggdrasilTM posted:

I guess? It's like the Sailor Moon remake. I just don't see the appeal.

Think of it like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Made In Abyss or Blend-S or Game of Thrones.

It's a television program that some people have made and they hope other people will watch it and enjoy it enough to buy the merchandise so they can make money off of it. Nobody is interested in every show (barring a few people without any strong interests or standards) so nobody is special for not being interested in one program or another.

For a more specific answer, it's like this/last season's Mahoujin Guru Guru. Fans of the old show will find appeal in more content, better pacing, better animation ect and enjoy it, new watchers will find appeal in an interesting new show to watch with the bonus of being a legacy show with a good reputation, and people who aren't interested in it won't watch it and that's fine.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the sailor moon remake would have a purpose if they didn't decide to be so strict to the source material that they lose all of the interesting characterization the 90s series had. 90s sailor moon isn't perfect and has some lovely episodes, like one that's just 20 minutes of people freaking out because jupiter might be gay which is pretty loving jarring in a show that has an episode right after that where half of it is usagi thinking about how beautiful haruka is

like that specific example of a remake is bad but it's bad because it's just ignoring the parts of the show that were better than the material it's directly adapting, you can absolutely remake an old show like that and come out with something even better

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Dec 14, 2017

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Think of it like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Made In Abyss or Blend-S or Game of Thrones.

Jojo was a 25 years manga with no adaptation except 6 oav and a movie subject to damnatio memoriae.
Made in Abyss never had an adaptation, and so Blend S or GoT.

Captain Tsubasa had a 138 episodes anime, 13 OAV, a 47 episodes remake and another 52 episodes remake.
Did we really need a THIRD remake?

I mean, whatever. At least somone else will enjoy it.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Dec 14, 2017

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those were sequels not remakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Those were sequels not remakes.

Yeah, both with like 30 episodes that actually were a remake of the original anime.
As I said before, who cares. Good news for the fans

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 14, 2017

• Locked thread