Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yes, asexual people have heard of sex, and should be aware that "in the bedroom" is a euphemism for sex.

I don't ride a motorcycle, but if someone in a Harley shirt told me about his "sick hawg" I wouldn't pretend to think he had a diseased pig.

Yeah pretty sure thats autism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

RagnarokAngel posted:

Not always. Some Harley riders are just assholes.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

"Furry art commission"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

The_White_Crane posted:

:confused: One presumes that she came to understand after the fact that he was asking for sex stuff, and her statement about being asexual is intended to explain why she didn't understand prior to the point at which he started doing sex stuff.
I know this is STDH, but that particular extract doesn't seem nonsensical or anything.

As other people have said, being asexual doesn't mean you are unfamiliar with sex. You could be perfectly familiar with it and understand it and just have it not do anything for you, which is what asexuality is. You would have to live under a rock for your entire life to not understand what that guy was implying right away (also to not be able to tell the difference between shrimp and pastry).

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

SilkyP posted:

"Furry art commission"

Lots of non-perverts end up drawing commissions for fetishists because they're desperate for cash, there was even a Comedy Goldmine about one of them.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

RagnarokAngel posted:

Something Awful: not understanding autism since 1999™

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Artists can make bank if they are willing to gaze long (and hard :v:) into an incredibly gross abyss.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Besesoth posted:

Something Awful: not understanding autism since 1999™

Reading expressions under their literal meaning instead of the colloquial one is a common autistic symptom.

I'm a psychologist. It's a joke.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

RagnarokAngel posted:

Reading expressions under their literal meaning instead of the colloquial one is a common autistic symptom.

I'm a psychologist. It's a joke.

I'm not sure how you think "I'm a psychologist" makes mocking mental health conditions better, but okay.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Oh it doesn't make me a good person I made peace with that.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

RagnarokAngel posted:

Aight. :tipshat:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I agree with the message but that poo poo didn’t happen

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm also a psychologist and didn't understand your joke until you explained it, maybe because it just looked like standard goon mocking and/or maybe because it didn't distinguish between disease and symptomology. :shrug:

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
Maybe your autism is acting up.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I like Ragnarok Angel and WrenP and I would like this scuffle to be over

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
St. Elsewhere reference.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

RagnarokAngel posted:

My therapist is funnier than you.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Volcott posted:

St. Elsewhere reference.

Speaking of STDH...

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Telemaze posted:

Maybe your autism is acting up.

Had a former student state that very thing in a Facebook post. We get to read their psycho-ed files and, nope, not a single word about being on the spectrum.

Of course, thus is also the kid who:
1. Claimed to be fireproof
2. Had a metal plate/no! Metal skeleton
3. To have been born in Australia (wasn't) and
spent a week with a horrendous come and go Aussie accent
4. Have a pilot's license and free access to planes whenever he wanted
5. One Thanksgiving break had to go up to New York to help Lockheed solve the problem with the F-22 engines
6. Make $2K a gig dj ing, but still complained about his parents not buying him some videogame

So basically a walking personification of stdh.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

MrUnderbridge posted:

3. To have been born in Australia (wasn't) and
spent a week with a horrendous come and go Aussie accent

Wasn't there once a goon in E/N who had gotten in trouble because he'd faked an Australian accent to get laid and now his hookup had become his girlfriend and she wanted to meet with his parents or something?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

MrUnderbridge posted:

1. Claimed to be fireproof

this is really easy to disprove

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

this is really easy to disprove

Delightfully, it was!

We were doing a lab that involved bags of air vs. bags of oxygen (showing concentration effects on reaction rate), and he managed to put his glowing splint in too far when WHOOSH, tiny flame shoots out and grazed his hand. "Ow!" (Girl next to him, innocently) "I thought you were fireproof?" "Grumble, grumble, scowl" (Quick check showed no damage done)
Me: drawing blood as I bite my lip to keep from laughing.

Sadly, no one applauded, and Einstein was long dead.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I mean, you can just be someone who constantly tells huge, obvious lies without being autistic.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Verisimilidude posted:

I agree with the message but that poo poo didn’t happen

It's amazing how all these things follow the same structure, and always end up with someone saying "bro" or "gross" a lot.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

System Metternich posted:

Wasn't there once a goon in E/N who had gotten in trouble because he'd faked an Australian accent to get laid and now his hookup had become his girlfriend and she wanted to meet with his parents or something?

Oh god, yeah I vaguely remember that story.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Volcott posted:

I mean, you can just be someone who constantly tells huge, obvious lies without being autistic.

You can just have ADHD instead and tell lies about being in the CIA and having a 'CIA license' that can get you out of parking tickets, passing the training and qualifying for various special forces positions 'over the summer', and doing your 'service' and 'training' with straight up novelty guns that have never been adopted by any military the world over and barely even function half the time.

...like a classmate in my university engineering program, who's loving 21 :negative:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Must be interesting living in a '90s sitcom.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I've never met a bartender that does the movie/sitcom thing where they seem to enjoy being your therapist. I've seen plenty of people pour out all their problems at them but they never gave heartfelt advice or sympathy, they just were like "mmhmm that sucks so do you want another" and went away to do their actual job as soon as possible.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Yeah I'm sure the bartender at the movies has plenty of time to go fill a paying customer's seat and do nothing for 2 hours on a whim during his shift.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I've never met a bartender that does the movie/sitcom thing where they seem to enjoy being your therapist. I've seen plenty of people pour out all their problems at them but they never gave heartfelt advice or sympathy, they just were like "mmhmm that sucks so do you want another" and went away to do their actual job as soon as possible.

Hint: these bartenders have never existed they only have that perception because popular media uses the bartender as a chance for the main character to do a soliloquy or for the bartender to impart some Mysterious Stranger wisdom.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Actually, all the theaters employees are contractually obligated to see a movie after every shift

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

NAR posted:

(I am standing in line at the checkout behind a mother with a daughter of about three and an infant in a sling. The older child is “helping” to put groceries on the belt, but due to her small stature, a lot of them land on the floor. I pick them up for her because it is obviously difficult for her to bend over, and she thanks me pleasantly each time. After about the fifth item to hit the floor, the cashier at the next register starts to scold the child, calling her a brat. That’s when momma bear mode kicks in.)

Mom: *to Cashier* “Stop talking and walk away.”

Cashier: “But—”

Mom: “No. Listen to me. I just got out of the hospital after a very difficult labor. I’m restocking my groceries and my daughter is trying to be helpful.”

Cashier: *stammers*

Mom: “NO! I SAID STOP TALKING AND WALK AWAY. If you open your mouth one more time, I will take that as a verbal agreement that you are granting me permission to punch you in the face as hard as I possibly can.”

Cashier: *stammers*

Mom: “I SAID SHUT IT, AND WALK AWAY! I just had a person come out of my body. My tolerance for pain is through the roof! Do. Not. F***. With. Me or my kids!”

Me: “Would you like me to hold your baby for you before you start swinging?”

(The cashier turned bright red and walked away without another word. The mother burst out half laughing and half crying. I helped her out to her car and loaded up her groceries. She thanked me profusely the whole time. Her daughter and my daughter have a play date scheduled for next week.)

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
omg no wait this one is even better

NAR again posted:

(I’m from Germany. I’m traveling across the country on a long-distance bus and decide to use the time to watch a cartoon series a friend recommended to me. A random dude sits behind me and taps on my shoulder, so I take my headphones off.)

Dude: “Hey, do you mind if I watch that with you?”

Me: “Not at all. I even have some splitters on me. It’s in English, though.”

(The dude and I chat for about a minute about some cartoons we both enjoy while he moves his stuff to sit down next to me. Then, he just stares at my laptop blankly for no apparent reason.)

Dude: “You covered your camera.”

Me: “Yup, I did. I normally don’t Skype or anything, so it’s not like it’s an inconvenience or something like that.”

Dude: “You know that nobody’s watching you? God, if I knew you were a paranoid piece of s***, I wouldn’t have talked to you.”

(He continues to launch into a long speech, filled with insults, about conspiracy theories and how I must be completely bonkers for believing them — which I don’t — while I don’t say a word and tune him out for the most part. When he finishes a few minutes later, he demands that I explain myself and justify my “insanity.”)

Me: “My ex-boyfriend is an Anonymous hacker, and he actually did hack into my computer and my webcam. He took some pretty nice pictures of me and sent them to my friends, who kindly beat him up for me. As far as I know, he didn’t try again, and the pictures are gone, but I prefer to have my webcam covered, not that it’s any of your business. Now, either shut up and put your headphones in and watch [Cartoon] quietly without speaking to me, or shut up and leave, which I’d prefer.”

(He left. For anyone interested, my ex and I never crossed paths again and he still hasn’t contacted me five years later, to my immense joy. My friends are still awesome, and I still have no social media, nor do I open anything that isn’t sent to me by a trusted source. Not everyone with their webcams covered is a nut-job. Sometimes their exes are just psycho.)

anonymous hacker

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

eating only apples posted:

omg no wait this one is even better

anonymous hacker

No no Anonymous hacker proper noun. The 4chan type guy.

So the lady in the previous story told the cashier to walk away then the author helped her load the cart? I feel like it's implied that someone came over and finished ringing everything up but they probably should have included the part where the manager comes over and gives the crazy bitch the most fake polite talking to about how the cashier will be punished and yadda yadda.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I thought you weren’t supposed to drive or go anywhere or do much at all after giving birth for like a week or two so idk, “just” got out of the hospital also sounds like a stretch, to nitpick a bit

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It's always impressive when they manage to make the designated protagonist look like the bad guy instead.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Not sure how you plan to pay for your groceries if the cashier walks away. Makes more sense for you to walk away, crazy lady. Also, not how contracts work.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

"Cashier at the next register"

Lurn ta read, ya eedjits.

But yeah, didn't happen anyway, so we should really just relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
if you cover your notebook webcam im going to assume you masturbate in front of the computer and touch it without washing your hands afterwards so dont do that you gross freak. nobody covers their phone front camera either so get real