Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

spacetoaster posted:

Is this like a podcast? I'm at work and can't listen/watch it.

Yes.

e:taxxe
https://i.imgur.com/5r3MJdS.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

thatguy posted:

Wow, almost a $0 hour.

This is unprecedented.

It's like a certain event has made them suddenly report accurate statistics for some reason.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Breetai posted:

It's like a certain event has made them suddenly report accurate statistics for some reason.

:eyepop:

hosed up if true

Talez
Jul 9, 2005

Why do you hate me when I show you nothing but love?

Sandweed posted:

Because Ortwin told Chris that they could just pretend to switch to Lumberyard and that Crytek would probably go bankrupt soon anyway.

That's the dumbest poo poo ever. As soon as you open yourself up to liability like that, even if Crytek goes bust, some rear end in a top hat will buy it for pennies on the dollar purely to sue for a MASSIVE CASH PAYOUT from an IP case.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

Bugsmashing

gently caress it click ignore

God drat ramps!!!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Talez posted:

That's the dumbest poo poo ever. As soon as you open yourself up to liability like that, even if Crytek goes bust, some rear end in a top hat will buy it for pennies on the dollar purely to sue for a MASSIVE CASH PAYOUT from an IP case.

Well if there is one thing CIG is known for is their competency.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Talez posted:

Maybe you're not aware but Ortwin wrote a 60 page book on IP in 1985 :smuggo: checkmate goonie.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Kevin P​his ancestors are literally clawing their way deeper into the earth to get further away from him

TheLastRoboKy​Beet Wagon don't listen to the doubters CIG is being framed. A single frame. Per second. It's all the engine can handle right now.

Aura Rowe​Lumberyard Legally isn't Cryengine

Withnail 72​Lumberyard bought out or bailed out Crytek

Markus Neibecker​ah cmon your refund sub should have some influx now 😉

Aura Rowe​Well doesn't lumberyard have better networking intergration specially with Amazons servers systems?

Chris M​Shut THE gently caress up

crimsonempire1​derek im waiting in the 3.0 menu for you to add me bro

Chris M​you dont know poo poo

suckmysilencer747​He has made serious money with his infamy. Charges $10 to make an account on his forum let alone the money he gets elsewhere

SteelRain​@Tam Summers no. Hes spent years trashing CIG. The rest of us are able to make logical comments and will say the odd bad thing about CIG. But DS has nothing good to say about the game.

crimsonempire1​i love how people that dont play star citizen comment on it like they know whats up lol

Markus Neibecker​I wonder if the gates are broken anyhow if CIG just lashes out. That would be something I like to watch

Aura Rowe​Its more about how Derek surrounds himself with people who share the same opinions as himself

suckmysilencer747​There are legit criticisms of CIG. But he takes it too far on a regular basis, that's the problem.

Markus Neibecker​I am not so sure about this, I think Derek is gone overboard, he should attend to his own lawsuits. That is the more important thing for him right now.

Markus Neibecker​Tick Tock Derek, 10.01.2018 is coming 😃

crimsonempire1​derek smart isnt a real person

Kevin P​it's dereks fault he's a piece of poo poo

Kevin P​but i don't support racism or bigotry

suckmysilencer747​@Aura Rowe Yeah. He's the embodiment of Youtube comment sections.

Aura Rowe​@Refractive Index More like a inconsequential small zit on centre of your back that you can't really see... or reach.. its a bit annoying but you shrug and get on with your day. If it goes away hey!

Wulfir​@chalks we obsess ? Have you seen his twitter ? Blog ? Forums ? VIDEOS ? HIS GAMES ? I mean this guy is super interesting to watch and follow. Have you seen Mindhunter ? Smart would fit right in.

suckmysilencer747​Because he's here.

Kim Mortensen​@Derek Smart i pity you if you have nightmares about you being right.. but then again it happens with such infrequency that i can see it as being traumatic

Kevin P​refractive is one of dereks alts he's just saying this to throw us off the scent!

Bob Labrek​should I get a refund?

Kevin P​not about derek fart

TheLastRoboKy​Oh it's like, super serious. You've got two options really. Get a refund, or buy enough ships to counter everyone else getting refunds.

TheLastRoboKy​@Kim Mortensen I'd love to see what's happening but the frame rate is killing me

Aura Rowe​So Derek what will you do this time if your wrong and CIG doesn't go down

Aura Rowe​Because your always right so CIG must fail here in this Decisive thing you prediced

rekohunter​@Derek Smart IANAL but this to me feels like a settlement grab and as far as I recall the FEDS have yet to crack down on any other failed crowd funded projects.

Fairly random selection of dumb chat, lots missing.

Somebody ask Karl to come back and post here.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Time to eat crow: Derek Smart was right and he delivered

Deux semaines !

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

AP posted:

Fairly random selection of dumb chat, lots missing.

Somebody ask Karl to come back and post here.

I was really enjoying Steelrain till he stopped responding to my request for proof of Derek Smart posting with alts. Now I have the sads.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I was really enjoying Steelrain till he stopped responding to my request for proof of Derek Smart posting with alts. Now I have the sads.

I missed grabbing all the funny text from the start when Derek starting talking and they all went completely mental.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

AP posted:

I missed grabbing all the funny text from the start when Derek starting talking and they all went completely mental.

Holy poo poo that was embarrassing. It was a bunch of squealing idiots trying to apply sick burns but all they had were newspapers soaked in warmish water.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Ayn Marx posted:

Time to eat crow: Derek Smart was right and he delivered

Deux semaines !

Zwei woche!

Phraccy
Apr 28, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-33jcEDk4

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I wonder what rock the people who were dreaming about CIG licensing Star Engine to other companies to make awesome Space Games and movies set in space have crawled under.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i'm worried that because this is hell world CIG will somehow wriggle out of this

Yup. That's why I'm not getting too excited over this. If SC and CIG ever do go down I'll believe it when I see it. They've incredulously milked people this far so what is one lawsuit?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

yeah what the gently caress is version control, you mean the shared drive with the code on it?

I’m triggered.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
CIG is going to build a lawyer out of a garage door opener and some wood who will put forward this unbeatable legal argument: Moons.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

I would like to take a moment to thank all of the posters who are taking the time to contribute their fruits of their experience, professional expertise, creativity, and sense of humor to help make yesterday great.

Legal, accounting, photoshop, music, video, and even tane goons,

Thank you!

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Golli posted:

I would like to take a moment to thank all of the posters who are taking the time to contribute their fruits of their experience, professional expertise, creativity, and sense of humor to help make yesterday great.

Legal, accounting, photoshop, music, video, and even tane goons,

Thank you!

:same:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
oops

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209197657?t=21m05s

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I think we must be about due a Star Citizen lore update.

"The inevitable consequences of (software) piracy"

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Why are so many people on r/starcitizen convinced that Amazon are going to swoop in an stomp this lawsuit? If I download Lumberyard then steal my neighbours car will Amazon do me a solid and pay my legal fees if I get caught?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm the guy from Coutts waking up to this news and wondering if I still have a job

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Gravity_Storm posted:

The white knights are knighting whitely all over the internet right now. Joe Blober is having a hell of a day.

Holy poo poo this. I'm running into the sputtering "CryTek are evil and besides, lumberyard" defense literally all over the internet.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

'I just cannot sympathise with that level of stupidity' - Concierge backer

No joke, I forgot to screenshot it, but last night in the discord this was a totally real backer defense of CIG's official statement.

"Do you really think CIG would be dumb enough to say something like that if they didn't have complete confidence or evidence that they have already won the case? The fact you are reading this as a bad thing for CIG shows your bias."

CIG wasn't dumb at all. In fact they have already won. CryTek will fold their hand like a house of cards as CIG slamdunks a half court grand slam. Check Mate.

Aramoro posted:

Why are so many people on r/starcitizen convinced that Amazon are going to swoop in an stomp this lawsuit? If I download Lumberyard then steal my neighbours car will Amazon do me a solid and pay my legal fees if I get caught?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYN4CllWuiM

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 14, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I wonder when PixeLemonade will have their article up.

SelenicMartian posted:

Is a Goddamn Ph.D better or worse than a regular one?

Having started the process I think they're identical.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Some legal guy is doing a livestream on youtube discussing Crytek v CIG. Starts in 40 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MzzuiQVTDw

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StarPlaysGames/status/941302664331218950
https://twitter.com/StarPlaysGames/status/941303348497649664
https://twitter.com/StarPlaysGames/status/941303857870770177
https://twitter.com/StarPlaysGames/status/941304449993265153

Twitter should have bought Twitch, not Amazon.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihw8VAqhYHA

Derek Smart @ 1:04:14 - "It's gonna be beautiful. Listen it's gonna be the whole culmination of the whole 'Derek Smart was Right!' movement; and even though I'm not one to gloat....."

Derek Smart @ 1:05:38 - "The day I'm looking forward to is the day I go on Twitter and say I told you so"

:v:

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

Aramoro posted:

Hm, are these the very same people who tried to convince everyone that amazon was "NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY" in financing Star Citizen? I really dig these guys.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Breetai posted:

Randy_marsh_after_getting_internet_access_back.gif

Please, no more schadenfreude. I can only cum so much and I'm just throwing out dusty ghostloads.

Could this be my new forum name?

Talez
Jul 9, 2005

Why do you hate me when I show you nothing but love?

Kilmers Elbow posted:

and even though I'm not one to gloat....."

Oh Derek, never change you money stealing piece of poo poo. You're both as bad as each other.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Having started the process I think they're identical.
Having got an equivalent of one I can tell you the beginning the is easy part.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Good lord, with this kind of solid legal knowledge, these guys make sovcits look like Clarence loving Darrow. :stare:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TechSpot/status/941302929486729216

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

Just read about the suit.

I think it's actually the best thing that could have happened to CIG, it's their Christmas miracle.

I mean, they're getting 2 legitimate reasons to delay the game for at least a couple of years while playing the victim card. First is "we need time to deal with the suit (you just don't know how the legal system works" and the second is "we need to switch everything to another engine".

You know that fans will absolutely buy this poo poo.

Courts have this nasty habit of not working as predicted in terms of raising money. They actively put a dampener on recruiting and development, and it's going to make finding revenue streams that much more difficult.

Sure, the fans might buy the poo poo, but they're going to have a hell of time convincing new blood to throw in.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

kilus aof posted:

CIG is going to build a lawyer out of a garage door opener and some wood who will put forward this unbeatable legal argument: Moons.

CIG's twitter account is going to start question posting again only this time it's gonna be like, "What sort of legal defense are you most looking forward to in #StarCitizen?"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/941294325979406336

:gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Aramoro posted:

It's a well known legal principle where you bring in your mam and she tells the judge what a horrible man he is.