Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Lol I shot so many engines from people getting too close. Your ROE sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Lol I shot so many engines from people getting too close. Your ROE sucked.

ROE was to let them pass but not let them get in the middle of the convoy and if they tail too close shoot them in the eye with a green laser.

we had a dude get hosed up by the company CO because he put two rounds in the dirt as warning shots when an ANP blew threw one of our checkpoints on a motorcycle. this wasn't too long after two dudes died by motorcycle VBIED in the situation in my last post.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

McNally posted:

My favorite part of the escalation of force rules was that they had us throwing chemlights BEFORE we were allowed to shoot flares.

Because I can totally throw a chemlight farther than I can shoot a loving flare, right?

well a popup or 203 flare can kill someone and a chemlight probably wont in most circumstances. so...it sounds like your commander was so terrified that one of you was going to kill the wrong person and he might fry that he made it almost impossible for one of you to kill the wrong person.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

vains posted:

made it almost impossible for one of you to kill the wrong person.

well, to be fair to the cops in this case, "kill the wrong person" could be the macro tagline of 17 years of US foreign policy.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

vains posted:

well a popup or 203 flare can kill someone and a chemlight probably wont in most circumstances. so...it sounds like your commander was so terrified that one of you was going to kill the wrong person and he might fry that he made it almost impossible for one of you to kill the wrong person.

I should have been clearer, we had those pen flares you get in survival kits.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

McNally posted:

My favorite part of the escalation of force rules was that they had us throwing chemlights BEFORE we were allowed to shoot flares.

Because I can totally throw a chemlight farther than I can shoot a loving flare, right?

I believe there's been a few Marine training casualties from marking targets and self with chemlights and confusing the two.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Pretty sure nobody would give a fart if we shot a guy after they disarmed us (wtf cole) or if we lit up an Opel bottoming out and speeding towards us.

Who the gently caress taught you guys RoE? I was in Iraq after it went all "share the road" and Afghanistan after that. You adhere to RoE as best as time and distance permits. Use your loving judgement.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

vains posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKPogx816YE&t=14s

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol guess the irl dude actually survived that

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Victor Vermis posted:

Pretty sure nobody would give a fart if we shot a guy after they disarmed us (wtf cole) or if we lit up an Opel bottoming out and speeding towards us.

Who the gently caress taught you guys RoE? I was in Iraq after it went all "share the road" and Afghanistan after that. You adhere to RoE as best as time and distance permits. Use your loving judgement.

you don't get to dictate how ROE is/was because it goes against your point. the ROE was the ROE, and it was more strict than the police ROE to pull the trigger on other americans. i'm sorry this goes against your narrative, but that's seriously how it was, dipshit.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

boop the snoot posted:

you don't get to dictate how ROE is/was because it goes against your point. the ROE was the ROE, and it was more strict than the police ROE to pull the trigger on other americans. i'm sorry this goes against your narrative, but that's seriously how it was, dipshit.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree that your leadership was garbage on that point.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Our ROE was literally if you feel threatened, you are clear to shoot.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My unit's ROE can beat up your unit's ROE

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Oh, you were in Florida? Which precinct?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Hey that's the RoE in the United States! Makes you wonder about who the police are and what they seek to accomplish. It's almost like, they're an occupying force?

There are good police out there, and their efforts are worthwhile. Its a shame that they allow a bunch of bad apples to ruin their reputation through some retarded show of solidarity with scumbags. As long as the Stop Snitching movement operates both ways its difficult to accept that Police officers are anything other than a type of cartel. Their concerted efforts to confirm this suspicion over the last couple years certainly hasn't helped anything. Why the gently caress would anyone presume that the cop they are interacting with is Officer Friendly as opposed to a real piece of poo poo? Because they wear a shield that says they work for the state? That you work for the state and seemingly welcome excessive demonstrations of force makes me think the government doesn't have the best interest of the policed at heart.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 14, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

for a bitchmade fucker that was never actually in combat vv sure is a bloodthirsty internet hardass film major

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

for a bitchmade fucker that was never actually in combat vv sure is a bloodthirsty internet hardass film major

p sure he's just upset all the film school girls hated him

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I'd say something mean about 45 ACP CURES NAZIS but I have no idea who he is

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

There’s no fighting in the war room!

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
The thread title has been bothering me for a while.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

AlexanderCA posted:

:golfclap:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

AlexanderCA posted:

Nice

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hi thread.

:lol: at people that ignore the advice of literally every expert ever and invest money into bitcoin

:lol: at people who willingly decided to ignore the advice of every expert ever "being taken advantage of"

The people that got in on the ground floor of this poo poo are dumb. The people that decided to put money in it once the media was talking about it because it was taking off decided to ignore the fact that literally everyone on TV called that poo poo a bubble and advised towards caution.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I'm with Cole.

Bitcoin buyers are working with limited information. Applying 20/20 hindsight, here, now, when it's clear to everyone how big of a mistake their actions were, is pretty goddamn dishonest.

Put yourself in their shoes; what decision would you make, in that moment, with the info they had available to them at that time?

"Ground floor! I'm gonna be rich!" you'd shout as you slam the "SPEND" button over and over, just to be sure.

:cop:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If I was an idiot who had deliberately shut himself off from any information that showed I was being an idiot, I would probably behave like an idiot, yes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Won't anyone think of the people that had to sift through layers upon layers of information telling them bitcoin is not a good idea to be able to get themselves IT-literate enough to buy bitcoin.

Oh, the humanity.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Won't anyone think of the people that had to sift through layers upon layers of information telling them bitcoin is not a good idea to be able to get themselves IT-literate enough to buy bitcoin.

Oh, the humanity.

Yeah they deserve to be homeless.

Or die.

Whatever it’s hilarious either way.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I haven't seen anybody arguing that people who bought bitcoin a few years ago or for the specific version of buying drugs are idiots.

If you are one of the idiots who took out loans to buy bitcoins in the last few months you are absolutely an idiot who needs to get burned for this. We cannot function in a consequence free world. When you decide that libertarian dream money is valid you accept that you're discarding the financial protections of the real world to gamble.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CommieGIR posted:

Bitcoin is not the same as putting a roof over your head. Bitcoin is like dumping your money on the craps table at Vegas and expecting to walk away a millionaire.

This

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

Or die.

You're hilarious, my dude

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Here's another thing that's hilarious. There's apparently a "Doge-coin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRItzSX0aCM&t=151s

A "coin" that people based off the dumb shiba inu picture meme.
There's a 300 million market cap on a cryptocurrency based on a meme. :lol:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
pretty sure doge coin started as a goon run spoof coin, then people took it seriously and the original spoof on how stupid bitcoin was was lost in the haze.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So what you're saying is Bitcoin is the Katamari of stupidity, no matter how loving dumb something you throw at it is it will be absorbed.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

So what you're saying is Bitcoin is the Katamari of stupidity, no matter how loving dumb something you throw at it is it will be absorbed.

Yes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-21/crypto-craze-sees-long-island-iced-tea-rename-as-long-blockchain

quote:

Long Island Iced Tea Corp. shares rose as much as 289 percent after the unprofitable Hicksville, New York-based company rebranded itself Long Blockchain Corp.

Long Blockchain, whose business has been selling non-alcoholic beverages, says it will now seek to partner with or invest in companies that develop the decentralized ledgers known as blockchain, the technology that underpins bitcoin.

The shares surged to as high as $9.49 before closing at $6.91 in New York trading, compared with $2.44 Wednesday. More 15 million shares changed hands, compared with average daily volume of about 170,00 shares over the prior three months.

Long Island Iced Tea had a net loss of $3.9 million on sales of $1.6 million in the three months ended Sept. 30. The company has lost $11.6 million on sales of $3.9 million in the first nine months of the year.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

pretty sure doge coin started as a goon run spoof coin, then people took it seriously and the original spoof on how stupid bitcoin was was lost in the haze.

It went some weird places
https://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2014/5/3/5676534/nascar-talladega-dogecoin-josh-wise-cryptocurrency

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

Isn't that the creater of the dumb coin in the video up there?

That doesn't quite seem like a guy that feels like a part of a big ol' laugh.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh my god, I've never seen that before. Holy poo poo. loving :lol:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Godholio posted:

Oh my god, I've never seen that before. Holy poo poo. loving :lol:

Your reaction is about identical to what the announcers were saying when they saw it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

They released die cast models of it. drat, I definitely would've bought that and thrown it in the attic to confuse myself in 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

boop the snoot posted:

Or die.

There are way too many people on this rock suffering from poo poo beyond their control to get upset about the ones who bring it on themselves by ignoring qualified experts and basic logic.

• Locked thread