Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

instead of learning to aim for the head i'm gonna just try using this to trick op4 into thinking i'm cav yet somehow not get spotted or even put my miras up until our defense has settled after their first breach attempt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Do we know what future special units are due?

A friend insists the Norwegian FSK will be in R6. I can't find news about it, but I want to believe because their speciality is off-shore counter-terrorism. Oil platform and naval sieges, ho!

And what makes it plausible is how their waifu rating is off the charts. The FSK has a literal valkyrie squad. An all women, special recon unit called the Jeger Troop.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Next year is already set (some repeat units, Morocco, and someone else) and FSK is not part of it. Year 4 is possible.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Okay. Cool that they'll pad out existing units too. Maybe we can get a Russian that isn't just a huge, burly monster, but is a huge, burly monster with 3 speed.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Tfw you get carried by a goon half the world away with massive ping.

Game good imo.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
i wish they'd change the suppressor noise to have more "pop". they can keep the distance it travels the same but it's kind of strange hearing these plinky little poofs

cavieras especially. it's bizzare when you're playing as Fuze at full health and she runs by in the background and her gun coughs at you from 20 meters away and you fall straight on your rear end

like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GhiHOAWoW4&t=109s

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

you're gonna love dok's mk14sd

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
How is casual matchmaking done these days? I keep landing against parties of golds, platinums, and guys upwards of 160(!) Levels higher than me when I definitely still suck at the game.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Are you queueing with a group of players or solo? And you might not suck as much as you think.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Next year is already set (some repeat units, Morocco, and someone else) and FSK is not part of it. Year 4 is possible.

I love this game, I really do. But the amount of gadget's you have to avoid when breaching a room is approaching critical mass. Grozet mines, lesion traps, frost traps, kapkan traps, barb wire and throw in a mira window for good luck. I've been playing thatcher a ton to try and combat this, but it's super frustrating spending half the time trying to clear out traps before you can play shoot-mans.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Another thatchery disruption operator would be good

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
an operator with a particle cannon that can destroy electronics through walls (ash + thatcher because that's how ubi does it)

this will also be a :airquote: buff :airquote: to IQ, who still wont be relevant

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

diapermeat posted:

I love this game, I really do. But the amount of gadget's you have to avoid when breaching a room is approaching critical mass. Grozet mines, lesion traps, frost traps, kapkan traps, barb wire and throw in a mira window for good luck. I've been playing thatcher a ton to try and combat this, but it's super frustrating spending half the time trying to clear out traps before you can play shoot-mans.

On the plus side, any trap operator they add won't matter in individual matches because opfor can only have 5 of them

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

if they end up adding female SAS/Spetsnaz it will be funny. especially if they don't make any changes to tachanka

Wooper posted:

an operator with a particle cannon that can destroy electronics through walls (ash + thatcher because that's how ubi does it)

this will also be a :airquote: buff :airquote: to IQ, who still wont be relevant

how is being able to directly harass more than like literally half of the available defenders in the game irrelevant?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
One of the Italians needs to have a shield + lupara.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

lohli posted:

Are you queueing with a group of players or solo? And you might not suck as much as you think.

I queue solo because no one here plays on PS4 :saddowns: and yes I definitely am not very good at this game. Not gold good anyways, at least.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got 600 ubidollars with the Season 3 pass and I couldnt figure out which operator to buy, then I saw the JTF2 bundle for 567 and got that.

I am now a happy camper.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I like how the new operators get two really good guns. Lets give one like the best rifle and also lets give her the best side arm SMG.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

vigil's primary smg is so good it counts as an assault rifle in game

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Sprechensiesexy posted:

I got 600 ubidollars with the Season 3 pass and I couldnt figure out which operator to buy, then I saw the JTF2 bundle for 567 and got that.

I am now a happy camper.

Welcome to Buck life.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I never get to do big plays because I never get to know the maps because I play two weeks and quit for 3 month, but I got a huge 4v1 game winning play where I got accused of hacking last night. Caught 3 guys in a hallway with Zofia's stun and gave them the business. That's a great gadget. I got a bug where I got to try locked operators on a match and found Hibana effective but kinda dull, so I'm real glad I got the grenade launcher lady.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Sprechensiesexy posted:

I am now a happy camper.

Protip: If you're playing the Tower map, put a Welcome Mat in a dark corner of the elevator shaft. It doesn't always work, but when it does, it's hilarious.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I've been using a suppressor this whole time. gently caress!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The night before, I got the bug where all the base operators are locked while the DLC ones are available (season passes) and also all skins and attachments have been removed from every single gun in the game.

This is the worst loving bug as it wastes a lot of time. This loving attachment UI is hot garbage.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

SpazmasterX posted:

I queue solo because no one here plays on PS4 :saddowns: and yes I definitely am not very good at this game. Not gold good anyways, at least.

I just started playing on PS4. I've been playing 3-5 games a night during the week and more on the weekends.

PSN: Wristcrack

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Last night my ping seemed normal but was having huge hitreg issues, several matches. Best example:

I had a guy dead to rights dinking around with his phone shot him in the face 3 time point blank with the mini 14 or whatever. Then he shotgunned me and and was still at full health.

The a few matches later, different OP4 and I had the same issue.

I saw the blood spray but they just no sold it. Anyone else notice this recently?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The night before, I got the bug where all the base operators are locked while the DLC ones are available (season passes) and also all skins and attachments have been removed from every single gun in the game.

This is the worst loving bug as it wastes a lot of time. This loving attachment UI is hot garbage.

Happened to me too. What a pain.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Polka_Rapper posted:

Protip: If you're playing the Tower map, put a Welcome Mat in a dark corner of the elevator shaft. It doesn't always work, but when it does, it's hilarious.

Welcome mats are hilarious, so many people fall for it if you put them behind the mobile shields, or below ceiling holes. Anywhere really, people dont pay attention.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

vaginal facsimile posted:

I've been using a suppressor this whole time. gently caress!

be advised you can buff your dps back to normal levels by simply whispering "tango down" into the mic after each kill

this may or may not activate the raid buff for teamwork and stealth bonuses depending on your group composition as the added effects are random

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vluo2eih3E

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Welcome mats are hilarious, so many people fall for it if you put them behind the mobile shields, or below ceiling holes. Anywhere really, people dont pay attention.

Yeah, I have no idea how this mat got someone. It's the most obvious place possible and they even blew a hole in the wall that would allow them to shoot/avoid it with ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sw1DhTEQVc

Also I think someone in our goonstack recorded a clip of my elevator mat getting the final kill in a round but said it would be a while before they could get it to me.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the new christmas skin will be a good investment for future moroccan mains

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thief posted:

the new christmas skin will be a good investment for future moroccan mains

it's a microcosm of how greedy Ubisoft is now that they gave us a free Christmas skin when the game released and now you have to buy it in the store, it's not even unlockable through a challenge

way to embrace the spirit of the holiday, dipshits

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

am I supposed to be playing this poo poo like Counterstrike? if i'm on defense, I secure the objective room as much as possible and actually stay with/near it. my teammates will usually run off in random directions, get shot, and then vote-to-kick me when i'm the last one remaining trying to guard the fuckin' container or whatever.

playing on the xbonx if that makes a difference

other than that, this game is kinda awesome. I haven't played an RS game in years but i'm glad I tried out the free weekend

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nah it's not really like CS:GO but mobility and roaming are key parts of defense. A good team will usually have 1-2 roamers at most, depending on map and objective. The community just sucks.

It's always hilarious when the enemy team gets desperate and the entire team roams on defense, so you just walk into the objective and take it.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Nah it's not really like CS:GO but mobility and roaming are key parts of defense. A good team will usually have 1-2 roamers at most, depending on map and objective. The community just sucks.

It's always hilarious when the enemy team gets desperate and the entire team roams on defense, so you just walk into the objective and take it.

ok that's good to know. i'll be a little more active. I usually pick pulse, kapkan, rook, or mira on defense. their kits feel kinda "turtle-y" so I figured I was playing them the way they were intended

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah the defense meta is anchors and roamers, if your entire team was roaming and got merked that's on them. Especially if you were playing Smoke or Rook or something.

That being said I've done some badass poo poo as a roaming Rook with p90 + acog

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Roaming doesn't have to mean hanging out on the other side of the map either, particularly with one speed operators. Even just one or two rooms over can be considered roaming while still close enough to respond to threats on the point.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

TheHoosier posted:

ok that's good to know. i'll be a little more active. I usually pick pulse, kapkan, rook, or mira on defense. their kits feel kinda "turtle-y" so I figured I was playing them the way they were intended

You only need to be active enough to reposition whenever OP4 knows where you are. You wanna keep them guessing. And yeah, you are picking good anchors except maybe Pulse, he's kind of an ambusher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Pulse can go either way, really.

edit: To actually qualify that, a Pulse sitting on the objective (or near by) doing call outs can be just as effective as roaming and ambushing people. Granted, you have to make use of those call outs, but even if you don't have a competent roamer letting the other anchors know "hey they're skulking outside the window" is helpful.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 15, 2017

• Locked thread