Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
This is really all you need to know about bitcoin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Efb, missed it earlier.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

DJT is just like an event in a Paradox game, each action just closes the MTTT for it.

Just pretend I posted the XCOM gif of missing the 99% shot.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh hey people in previously safe seats are suddenly concerned about the tax bill :jerkbag:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thwomp posted:

Bullshit. Ballless will cave because that’s what he does.

this

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Oh hey people in previously safe seats are suddenly concerned about the tax bill :jerkbag:

Good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rubio isn’t up for election until 2022.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

If Texas goes blue in 2018 I will laugh so loving hard.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

Rubio isn’t up for election until 2022.

Rubio doesn't want to be a Senator, he wants to be President. 2020.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

facialimpediment posted:

Rubio doesn't want to be a Senator, he wants to be President. 2020.

Yeah, this.

He wants to be in a position where if Trump leaves office early or is completely discredited, Rubio can take advantage.

That said, he’s still the wishy-washiest politician currently in office. He’ll fold when push comes to shove.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Looks like someone wants to run for President again.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

BigDave posted:

If Texas goes blue in 2018 I will laugh so loving hard.

There's a very small chance Cruz could lose since no one actually likes him, and yeah Texas is slowly shifting blue but it isn't going to be as quick as anyone thinks since the only good jobs left in this state for unskilled labor are oil related and thats an anathema to Democrats. The big problem is that Dems gave up on Texas so there is gently caress all support for blues outside of big city mayor races.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

KildarX posted:

Welp, net neutrality is dead.
Back in 2014 then the internet was a blighted hellscape full of bandits, beggars, and bastards. Packs of hungry Chihuahuas roamed the information super highway. Then in 2015 net neutrality came along and everything changed! Now its all rainbows, butterflies, all that sort of poo poo.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Gobbeldygook posted:

Back in 2014 then the internet was a blighted hellscape full of bandits, beggars, and bastards. Packs of hungry Chihuahuas roamed the information super highway. Then in 2015 net neutrality came along and everything changed! Now its all rainbows, butterflies, all that sort of poo poo.

Oh look, the anti-net neutrality troll is here

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I always trust in our corporate benefactors to do whats best for me, the consumer.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That's definitely some red text.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

mods change my name posted:

I always trust in our corporate benefactors to do whats best for me, the consumer.

If you don't your ISP just switch to their competitor, that's how the free market works.

Oh there's no competitor? :capitalism:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The argument of "everything was fine in 2014" doesn't really work anymore when the ISPs are basically on record saying they're going to discriminate traffic. They tried before and got their rear end handed to them before the 2015 reg, now the only asskickers remaining are toothless government agencies with broken legs.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Net neutrality happened around the time that isps were obviously throttling Netflix, but I'm sure they wouldn't do something like that again!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
They'll just obviously throttle Hulu now

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

This will end up being the most disastrous move the current administration has made. They should have never stepped between the alt-right and their access to Rick and Morty.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

This will end up being the most disastrous move the current administration has made. They should have never stepped between the alt-right and their access to Rick and Morty.

If that happens I say good, let them destroy each other. Although it's probably like AVP - "Whoever wins, we lose" or whatever

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

There's a very small chance Cruz could lose since no one actually likes him, and yeah Texas is slowly shifting blue but it isn't going to be as quick as anyone thinks since the only good jobs left in this state for unskilled labor are oil related and thats an anathema to Democrats. The big problem is that Dems gave up on Texas so there is gently caress all support for blues outside of big city mayor races.

None of this means anything because Jones and Trump happened. For all we know Texas flips sooner rather than later.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Oh look, the anti-net neutrality troll is here
The passage of net neutrality had no effect on your life. It's repeal will also probably have no effect on your life. Your favorite corporate dystopia fiction isn't becoming real just because we're returning to the rules from two years ago.

Slim Pickens posted:

Net neutrality happened around the time that isps were obviously throttling Netflix, but I'm sure they wouldn't do something like that again!
It's a 50/50 whether a pro-net neuter will argue we must have net neutrality to protect Netflix from Charter or if we need to protect upstarts from being bullied by Netflix buying off ISPs.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So, the guy who made this video is pro-neutrality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKD-lBrZ_Gg But he still presents a fairly good view of why you can argue against it, and the guy he's debating with is the guy from the excellent channel 3blue1brown

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Gobbeldygook posted:

The passage of net neutrality had no effect on your life. It's repeal will also probably have no effect on your life. Your favorite corporate dystopia fiction isn't becoming real just because we're returning to the rules from two years ago.

It's a 50/50 whether a pro-net neuter will argue we must have net neutrality to protect Netflix from Charter or if we need to protect upstarts from being bullied by Netflix buying off ISPs.

gently caress off back to whatever forum tolerates you

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Gobbeldygook posted:

So, why exactly should ISPs be able to follow the cable model of having basic and extended services?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

SimonCat posted:

So, why exactly should ISPs be able to follow the cable model of having basic and extended services?

Because he only uses five sites everyday that's good enough 4 me

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Gobbeldygook posted:

Net neutrality rules were the culmination of a decade of legislation formalizing restrictions regulators had enforced for 20-30 years. Assuming good faith, your argument is rooted in incorrect facts.

It's going to take decades to undo the damage this administration has done in a matter of months, isn't it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just in time for another piece of poo poo to tear it all down on the basis that regulations stifle industry

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Just in time for another piece of poo poo to tear it all down on the basis that regulations stifle industry

Well, they do. Regulations stifle industries from dumping chemical waste next to a elementary school, or selling a car that will blow up if you crash it at 20 MPH. Those are all things that need stifling.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/941399537779961858

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

SimonCat posted:

The pro-net neuter dystopic short stories you've read aren't going to become real. Your ISP is not going to suddenly force you to start paying every month for The Video Streaming Package and The Social Media Package to keep using your favorite sites. They're going to continue to control your usage with data caps and traffic shaping and maybe nerds will get real mad when they prove Comcast is throttling their Netflix at peak hours.

If that's the end of the world to you, get a hobby.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
The appropriate threshold for getting mad about something is the apocalypse.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

at the date posted:

Look at this sinner :smug:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Prop Wash posted:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

at the date posted:

Why would you care? Not like you’ll be around afterwards. :smug:

If net neutrality really wasn’t such a big deal, why did telecoms have to AstroTurf support for it? Comcast has a de facto monopoly on the area that I live in, how do I get to vote with my dollars in this glorious capitalist paradise that we live in when I’m unhappy with their service?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

https://twitter.com/janawinter/status/941407018165915653

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Looks like Shim's gonna need another name change

• Locked thread