Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Anyone know, does Charged Chamber (I think it is: the mod that causes the first shot in a sniper clip to do extra damage) apply to every single round from a bolt action weapon? Wondering how it will work if I stick it on my Vectis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more like FAILdows get it
Nov 19, 2007

punch a friend in the butt
Since I never see him in-game, I wanted to say thanks to CaveAdapted for the Warframe slot. That was a really nice surprise, so hopefully he sees this and knows I really appreciated the gift.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Flopstick posted:

Anyone know, does Charged Chamber (I think it is: the mod that causes the first shot in a sniper clip to do extra damage) apply to every single round from a bolt action weapon? Wondering how it will work if I stick it on my Vectis.

It only affects the first round in the magazine, so it will work for Vectis but it will only work on the first bullet for Vectis Prime.

Unless you have the stupidly rare one that grants more damage it's probably not worth using the silver mod over an elemental.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Anyone want Bolto, Akstiletto, Burst Laser, Hirudo, Ninkondi, Nikana, Fragor rivens? All unrolled.

None of them have great stats as far as I know. Fragor has 55.8% slide attack crit, %heat, %impact with no curse but it's a fragor. Nikana has combo duration, range, and melee damage with no curse. Not sure anything else is worth mentioning.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

How much for the akstilletto riven?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
okay, I've got to ask since I see it in chat, discord, and everywhere: what is corpro and why do I want it

i've got this really nice ammo drum to trade for it? :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Psion posted:

okay, I've got to ask since I see it in chat, discord, and everywhere: what is corpro and why do I want it

i've got this really nice ammo drum to trade for it? :v:

Corpro is an Aura Mod that stacks and reduces enemy armor values for each character carrying it, making high level armored enemies' damage reduction less insane.

E: It stands for Corrosive Projection.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
well that sounds awesome, is there a specific place I should look to farm it

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Psion posted:

Yeah, the clan chat.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Psion posted:

Ask in clan chat, you'll have enthusiastic donors all over. It comes from an alert, and from what I've seen every time that alert pops everyone runs it to get spares to give away.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Psion posted:

Clan chat. It drops from random alerts, and I'm sure that a decent number of people have a few spares on hand just go give a way.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

hup posted:

How much for the akstilletto riven?
You make an offer and I accept it because I am out of riven slots but also am never going to use these.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Psion posted:

People running high level (above 30) Grinner content will push it in your hand if you ask nicely. That or wait for the alert.

Flopstick posted:

Yes it does.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 14, 2017

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

aleksendr posted:

People running high level (above 30) Grinner content will push it in your hand if you ask nicely. That or wait for the alert.

Right. I got it from the first Hydro I ran, the people I ran it with insisted on giving it to me so I could use it!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Goons have enough of a (completely reasonable because it makes even mid level content 1200% easier) love of CorrPro that if you ask in chat for a copy of it, the odds of not getting one are slim to nill. A lot of people in clan chat actively scoop up extra copies when the alerts pop with the express intention of having extras to give to newbies

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Lightning Knight posted:

It only affects the first round in the magazine, so it will work for Vectis but it will only work on the first bullet for Vectis Prime.

Unless you have the stupidly rare one that grants more damage it's probably not worth using the silver mod over an elemental.

I've found it pretty effective combined with with Depleted Reload on the Vectis Prime.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Khorne posted:

Anyone want Bolto, Akstiletto, Burst Laser, Hirudo, Ninkondi, Nikana, Fragor rivens? All unrolled.

None of them have great stats as far as I know. Fragor has 55.8% slide attack crit, %heat, %impact with no curse but it's a fragor. Nikana has combo duration, range, and melee damage with no curse. Not sure anything else is worth mentioning.

What feels fair for that fragor and hirudo riven? I might also want that ninkondi riven.

I'll be on later tonight ign: Sazabi.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Khorne posted:

I'd like that Nikana riven. I don't really have plat at the moment but I do have a bunch of relics (some vaulted) and corrupted mods that could do instead? IGN: Oloeopia

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Who did I forget?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Magres posted:

Goons have enough of a (completely reasonable because it makes even mid level content 1200% easier) love of CorrPro that if you ask in chat for a copy of it, the odds of not getting one are slim to nill. A lot of people in clan chat actively scoop up extra copies when the alerts pop with the express intention of having extras to give to newbies

I didn't even ask for one and I was given a maxed out CorPro. Buncha CorProphiliacs in this clan.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 18, 2017

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Khorne posted:

You make an offer and I accept it because I am out of riven slots but also am never going to use these.

Cool cool. I'll likely be on tonight, but if not, definitely tomorrow. IGN is SpacemanBill

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

New versions of windows let you turn everything black and white with ctrl-winkey-c

Warframe is super weird in black and white

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Mara Detron is my gun waifu and I love its Thermagnetic Shells and my ridiculous riven. When I give it to the Defense babyman he might as well be #1 in team value.

Plus, pocket radiation shotgun!

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I bought Octavia from the sale and have no idea what to do with her or how to mod her. Currently screwing around with the Mandachord and wishing I had paid attention when they tried to teach music to us in elementary.

Send help.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Avulsion posted:

I bought Octavia from the sale and have no idea what to do with her or how to mod her. Currently screwing around with the Mandachord and wishing I had paid attention when they tried to teach music to us in elementary.

Send help.

https://www.musictheory.net/lessons

Actual guide: build for high power & duration. Her 1, 2, and 3 combine to form stereo voltron which plays music, taunts enemies, and does damage. Her 4 is an insanely strong damage boost.

Her 3 ability confers buffs depending on what actions you perform to the beat:

Shooting = multishot
Melee swings = bonus melee damage
Jumping = movement speed
Crouch = invisibility

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
For those who want a festive look in your ship, various christmas themed decoration/skins are on sale for 1 credit on the market. You can get a candy can schyte, jingle fist weapons or turn your Kubrow into a Rudolph knock-off.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Since I joined the goon clan yesterday I have been showered with gifts, helpful advice, and carried through several instances for materials and levels. I feel like a Boy Scout who wandered into a NAMBLA meet up. Just wanted to say thanks!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Sazabi posted:

What feels fair for that fragor and hirudo riven? I might also want that ninkondi riven.

I'll be on later tonight ign: Sazabi.

Eopia posted:

I'd like that Nikana riven. I don't really have plat at the moment but I do have a bunch of relics (some vaulted) and corrupted mods that could do instead? IGN: Oloeopia

hup posted:

Cool cool. I'll likely be on tonight, but if not, definitely tomorrow. IGN is SpacemanBill
I've added all of you. My in-game name is Watlok

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So, if anyone has a spare Dakra Prime blade, that's what I'd like for christmas. I'll gift you something in exchange, of course. Name your poison.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Echophonic posted:

I've found it pretty effective combined with with Depleted Reload on the Vectis Prime.

Yeah but the silver mod is only like +40%, is that actually better than an elemental?

I realize that it’s base damage versus added damage.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah but the silver mod is only like +40%, is that actually better than an elemental?

I realize that it’s base damage versus added damage.
It's better than base damage, it's another multiplier that stacks on top of everything else.

If you already have max serration and two 90% elementals, you are doing (1 + 1.65) * (1+ 0.9 + 0.9) = 7.42x base damage. Throw on a third elemental and it jumps to 9.81x. Charged Chamber instead of a third elemental brings you to 7.42 * 1.4 = 10.39x base damage, meaning it wins out on the Vectis and only the Vectis.

It's probably not worth spending two slots to get this bonus on the Vectis Prime, but I use it since I have a riven with +crit damage -mag size.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's better than base damage, it's another multiplier that stacks on top of everything else.

If you already have max serration and two 90% elementals, you are doing (1 + 1.65) * (1+ 0.9 + 0.9) = 7.42x base damage. Throw on a third elemental and it jumps to 9.81x. Charged Chamber instead of a third elemental brings you to 7.42 * 1.4 = 10.39x base damage, meaning it wins out on the Vectis and only the Vectis.

It's probably not worth spending two slots to get this bonus on the Vectis Prime, but I use it since I have a riven with +crit damage -mag size.

Oh. That's actually really interesting.

I sort of wish they'd rerelease the dumb gold mod that does the same thing but better, it's niche enough that it wouldn't break the game and they can't be like "oh it would be OP" when loving Maiming Strike exists.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Why did I just randomly get an Orokin Reactor in the mail?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh. That's actually really interesting.

I sort of wish they'd rerelease the dumb gold mod that does the same thing but better, it's niche enough that it wouldn't break the game and they can't be like "oh it would be OP" when loving Maiming Strike exists.

I agree, it would barely upset the game balance at all.
Snipers are are pretty much incapable of becoming OP because of the game's focus on dealing with crowds over single targets. The worst that could happen would be them becoming really good at blowing up specific bosses real fast, which plenty of other guns do just fine anyways.
And even without it, crit headshots from a fully-formad VectisP are instant kills against anything in sortie 2 and most of sortie 3 (bar maybe an eximus bombard or something who might take 2-3).

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Octavia is on sale for 146 plat.

I was out of <30 frames (so many relic runs, so little luck), so what the hell.

This is absolutely bonkers! She has a full on sequencer UI for making tunes that somehow interact with abilities if you can time actions to a beat? This is going to take a while to get to grips with...

Game is loving crazy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

S.J. posted:

because space mom is cool like that

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

S.J. posted:

https://www.warframe.com/tennobaum

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.
Just chiming in to say VCR Enthusiast is a Very Nice Goon thank you friend <3 <3 <3

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Oh poo poo that's rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
In that vein, I would like to say thanks to the goon who gave me an alloy lump and said it was coal, because I said santa was fake. It now rests in front of my operator as a reminder/footstool