Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-O posted:

Check out World Reader from Aftershock comics by him. It's a really good read too.

Yeah, I was reading that as it came out. Really good sci-fi comic.

I picked up Judas today since that's also by him, and I'm looking forward to reading that too.

I'd love to see him take on Spider-Man, or maybe Blue Beetle/Booster Gold over at DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Well, Jean Grey took a bit of a tonal about-face this week :stare:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm 100% ok with duggan getting to helm the next event

edit: i read good, pls give him the next event and not just the "countdown"

Rick Remender is gonna do SiXis? What can go wrong?!?!?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

hadji murad posted:

I don't know, I think Uncanny Avengers had already burned through a lot of the goodwill Uncanny X-Force had earned him by the time he got to SiXiS. :shrug:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

hadji murad posted:

Unlike Remender Duggan's stuff right before the event wasn't trash.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Can someone remind me why Nancy is able to talk to Tippy-toe? I don't remember her ever doing it before, or maybe I just glossed over it every time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Argue posted:

Can someone remind me why Nancy is able to talk to Tippy-toe? I don't remember her ever doing it before, or maybe I just glossed over it every time.

She's been learning to speak squirrel over the course of the series.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Doreen says Squirrel is a language apparently anyone can learn.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

Argue posted:

Doreen started teaching her, Koi Boi, and Chipmunk Hunk after the whole thing with Ratatoskr. Tippy-toe mentioned that it was frustrating not being able to talk to Nancy off handedly and it shows Doreen holding a class at the end of it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Well, tried out Marvel Unlimited for the first time in awhile thanks to their free month, and I'm pretty happy with the changes they've made in terms of the interface since I last used it. However, some of the guided view on older comics is clearly :effort:, as it seems the left side of word balloons gets clipped of all the time when reading old issues of The Amazing Spider-Man or the like.

Also kind of surprised how spotty their Punisher collection is. I came off the miniseries and wanted to read some comics to just see how the character developed over time, but there's huge missing gaps in the early Punisher series. I wanted to find out where Microchip came from, but since the first Punisher ongoing is hardly collected, that's not in there. It's also surprising to see some of the other big gaps in series like Wolverine or Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man as well. I definitely have a lot of other stuff to read, but catching up on a classic series only to run into a big hole in their set is a real bummer.

Another thing that drives me nuts: decide whether or not you're going to have "The" as part of the alphabetical order, geez, I mean, you have The Punisher under Punisher, The, but The Punisher - War Zone is under The Punisher - War Zone. I thought they didn't have any of the latter scanned at first, which was a bummer, because I really need to read some of that again. I remember it had a guy named Shotgun, the guy that uses a special shotgun, so they call him Shotgun. :effort:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So considering the Fox acquisition news, I have only thing to say:

Ewing! Fantastic Four! NOW!

That is all.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I don't want Doom to be a bad guy again, drat you Hickman and Bendis :negative:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
One thing that just occurred to me is bringing back Valeria means I get to witness a bunch of Nazis crawling out the woodwork to WELL ACTUALLY about how the blonde white girl is smarter than moon girl and I really don't need that in my life

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Can't they just be friends

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Autism Sneaks posted:

Are you for real? Doom as a good guy is a waste.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nah, he was a good antihero character

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
The current Inhumans books are good, but I don't think anyone will be shedding any tears for the demise of the top-down mandate to turn Inhumans into an X-Men-like property. I don't think it could have gotten any more cynical or blatant than the 2015-16 "Terrigen is lethal to mutants" status quo, and I don't envy Lemire or anyone else who had that to work with.

To be fair, Marvel seems to have already realized to some extent that this was a bad idea, hence Royals and Black Bolt focusing on the cosmic aspects and not really playing up the ersatz X-Men angle at all.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I like my characters to experience positive growth and change, though I understand if that's anathema to the kind of person who typically reads a comic book

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Autism Sneaks posted:

It took me a long time to come to terms with making Juggernaut a villain again. I believe you can make it through this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

Are you for real? Doom as a good guy is a waste.

Nah because even as a “good” guy he is still very much Doom and it’s great.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
New Doom is just old Doom with a functional Freudian super-ego. Bendis, funnily enough, understood this but approached it with a Geoff Johnsian literalism

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I just marathon'd All-New GOTG and the latest issues of GOTG. Absolutely fantastic. And I'm really loving the current story-arc and including Richard Rider.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Well, tried out Marvel Unlimited for the first time in awhile thanks to their free month, and I'm pretty happy with the changes they've made in terms of the interface since I last used it. However, some of the guided view on older comics is clearly :effort:, as it seems the left side of word balloons gets clipped of all the time when reading old issues of The Amazing Spider-Man or the like.

Also kind of surprised how spotty their Punisher collection is. I came off the miniseries and wanted to read some comics to just see how the character developed over time, but there's huge missing gaps in the early Punisher series. I wanted to find out where Microchip came from, but since the first Punisher ongoing is hardly collected, that's not in there. It's also surprising to see some of the other big gaps in series like Wolverine or Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man as well. I definitely have a lot of other stuff to read, but catching up on a classic series only to run into a big hole in their set is a real bummer.

Another thing that drives me nuts: decide whether or not you're going to have "The" as part of the alphabetical order, geez, I mean, you have The Punisher under Punisher, The, but The Punisher - War Zone is under The Punisher - War Zone. I thought they didn't have any of the latter scanned at first, which was a bummer, because I really need to read some of that again. I remember it had a guy named Shotgun, the guy that uses a special shotgun, so they call him Shotgun. :effort:

I love Unlimited and it's well worth the money every month, but the exclusions are baffling. They FINALLY added Byrne's first She-Hulk run, but are missing a lot of Gerber issues and all of Byrne's second run. There's almost NONE of West Coast Avengers, but they've added almost ALL of the 50's horror stuff? They have the lovely 2000s Eternals series, but not the kick-rear end 1985 one?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

New Doom is just old Doom with a functional Freudian super-ego. Bendis, funnily enough, understood this but approached it with a Geoff Johnsian literalism

A superpowered living planet hanging around with Doom?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Barry Convex posted:

The current Inhumans books are good, but I don't think anyone will be shedding any tears for the demise of the top-down mandate to turn Inhumans into an X-Men-like property. I don't think it could have gotten any more cynical or blatant than the 2015-16 "Terrigen is lethal to mutants" status quo, and I don't envy Lemire or anyone else who had that to work with.

To be fair, Marvel seems to have already realized to some extent that this was a bad idea, hence Royals and Black Bolt focusing on the cosmic aspects and not really playing up the ersatz X-Men angle at all.
The amount of people showing glee on twitter about Marvel dumping the Inhumans is kind of unwarranted
https://twitter.com/El_HDH/status/941395119378485249
Like their whole giant push kind of ended with X-men vs Inhumans

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 15, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Can't they just be friends

Yes but first she'll learn some lessons about not being lovely to people just because you think you are smarter than them. Hopefully Nadia will be around too.

I keep thinking about that time Reed was like "Pym, come help I don't have weeks to catch up on everything you know."

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

achillesforever6 posted:

The amount of people showing glee on twitter about Marvel dumping the Inhumans is kind of unwarranted

Eh, given how aggressively Marvel tried to shove the property down people's throats for a few years, to the extent of apparently damaging their relationships with creators like Fraction and Lemire, I think some of the schadenfreude is warranted. Just as long as people aren't taking it out on the creators who were saddled with a mandate to turn the Inhumans into something they weren't.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yes those poor creators having to create new characters with weird powers and take long-neglected characters in an interesting new direction. Finally they can cast off the shackles of their editorial oppressors and write the X-Men fighting some Sentinels again...

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 15, 2017

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I mean, they could have been doing that with mutants. That's sort of the point: the inhuman stuff was mutant stuff with all the serial numbers filed off, right down to people suddenly manifesting powers and being ostracized for it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The inhumans suck. Im glad if they go back to side character status.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

The show was really bad.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

The inhumans suck. Im glad if they go back to side character status.

The Inhumans are awesome, but don't need to be suddenly everywhere all the time because Marvel wants people to care about them in movies and tv shows.

Also the whole retcon of Magneto's twins, SMH.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hopefully the world can reevaluate and acknowledge Charles Soule's Inhumans run as pretty great when hurt feelings die down in, say, 20 years? 30?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I just hate every member of the Inhuman Royal Family except Black Bolt, so I feel bad for those couple cool new characters who got stuck in books led by those turds. Reader and Frank shoulda been put on Uncanny Avengers instead of Wanda and Pietro, who suck just as much as Medusa and Karnak.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Karnak rules. He "I can see the flaw in everything"/kicked his way out of the afterlife.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The best use of Karnak was in Chip Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-Man a few months ago.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Diet Poison posted:

I just hate every member of the Inhuman Royal Family except Black Bolt, so I feel bad for those couple cool new characters who got stuck in books led by those turds. Reader and Frank shoulda been put on Uncanny Avengers instead of Wanda and Pietro, who suck just as much as Medusa and Karnak.

This.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Teenage Fansub posted:

Karnak rules. He "I can see the flaw in everything"/kicked his way out of the afterlife.

He's a sullen jerk who can win at any situation. He's more Marvel's Batman than Moon Knight is. And I don't like any (non-campy) Batman.

I hate Karnak and I don't really care for Spider-Man, and yet when I read "The best use of Karnak was in Chip Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-Man a few months ago." I feel like I should look into it. Though I have no idea why I'd feel that way, chum.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Roth posted:

The best use of Karnak was in Chip Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-Man a few months ago.

Did you read the recent 6 part mini?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Diet Poison posted:

He's a sullen jerk who can win at any situation. He's more Marvel's Batman than Moon Knight is. And I don't like any (non-campy) Batman.

I hate Karnak and I don't really care for Spider-Man, and yet when I read "The best use of Karnak was in Chip Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-Man a few months ago." I feel like I should look into it. Though I have no idea why I'd feel that way, chum.

I didn't read all of his solo series, but in Soule's Inhuman I certainly didn't take his power/attitude seriously. I don't think the comic really did either.

edit: I assume in Secret Warriors he's poked fun at with Ms Marvel and Moon Girl on the team.

• Locked thread