Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Sten Freak posted:

Hell yes GA cops will look for weed if they smell it and arrest you if they find so much as a roach.

So this guy is speeding, the car smells like weed, and presumably they ran him and found his previous two arrests. Of course they search his car and arrest him.

The article above doesn't say anything about the car smelling. And certainly an amount that small wouldn't smell that strongly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Not unless it’s good poo poo and judging from the evidence photo that is mid at best and ditch weed at worst

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

vikingstrike posted:

The article above doesn't say anything about the car smelling. And certainly an amount that small wouldn't smell that strongly.
Sounds like he was smoking it out of a pipe made from a bottle. Who knows.

quote:

According to people familiar with the arrest, the officer smelled marijuana emanating from the car.
The sheriff's office said it also discovered a small leaf of marijuana in Stanley's seat and marijuana residue in an orange juice bottle in the floorboard.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21767053/georgia-linebacker-natrez-patrick-no-longer-faces-marijuana-possession-charge

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

vikingstrike posted:

Bodycam video was released. The officers mention them "reeking" several times and Stanley admitted to smoking weed less than an hour before the stop. Yea, that tiny amount is kinda ridiculous for possession but there was plenty of reason for them to be stopped and the car searched.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

So proud of all of the C-SPAM/D&D Experts ITT

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sten Freak posted:

Hell yes GA cops will look for weed if they smell it and arrest you if they find so much as a roach.

So this guy is speeding, the car smells like weed, and presumably they ran him and found his previous two arrests. Of course they search his car and arrest him.

Well yes, but that doesn't let everybody tell everybody else how woke they are.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
"I noticed the smell emanating from the car" is the oldest trick in the book to conduct a search.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I have had a friend who doesn’t smoke weed forced to have his car searched because the officer “smelled an odor” and I’ll give you a hint on what he had in common with the UGA players.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

I hadn’t seen that but it definitely changes things if true. Who the gently caress smokes out of a bottle in the car tho. Smdh

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

KKKLIP ART posted:

I have had a friend who doesn’t smoke weed forced to have his car searched because the officer “smelled an odor” and I’ll give you a hint on what he had in common with the UGA players.

Yep. Cops are gonna "smell an odor" basically any time they want to put someone through the wringer.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I've never met someone that smokes weed and then an hour later doesn't smell like weed

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Raku posted:

I've never met someone that smokes weed and then an hour later doesn't smell like weed

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
On the other side of the Rose Bowl, OU's Rodney Anderson will not be charged with rape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLcv2ji0T9I

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Knowing how many of my white buddies have gotten out of that exact situation really speaks to the implied racism of most police forces.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Imagine how much of a dickless weasel you'd have to be to put someone in cuffs over that.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

wow i hope he gets life

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Knowing how many of my white buddies have gotten out of that exact situation really speaks to the implied racism of most police forces.

Lmao on the timing of your post

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

tactlessbastard posted:

Lmao on the timing of your post

HAHAHAHAHA yeah that doesn't flow well, but not talkin bout rape...

Although I bet it also applies to that charge if we're being honest in a lot of places.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

vikingstrike posted:

I hadn’t seen that but it definitely changes things if true. Who the gently caress smokes out of a bottle in the car tho. Smdh

The four people sitting in the car parked in front my neighbor's house as we speak.

I mean literally right now this second. They're out there every day.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

The four people sitting in the car parked in front my neighbor's house as we speak.

That just means their mom doesn't let them smoke in the house

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Sash! posted:

We always did the joint + cig combo in the car. Lol at smoking in the parking lot though. Seems like a super easy way to get called on.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm not sure I even know what weed smells like

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It’s one of those smells that even if you’ve never smelled it you immediately know what it is

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s one of those smells that even if you’ve never smelled it you immediately know what it is

Your brain knows it should be smoking it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The bottle rig is def a ghetto rig, same with the holes punched in a soda can plan.

And yeah I don't get the smoking in a parking lot in a public space, but the dudes that visit my rec center do it ALL THE TIME.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 15, 2017

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

General Dog posted:

So a few years back I went to Utah @ BYU. Long story short I was sitting in the BYU student section and had snuck in beer in a water bottle. A few people down one kid turns to another and says "Do you smell beer?" the second responds "I don't know what beer smells like."

Basically what I'm saying is are you a Mormon student at BYU?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

vikingstrike posted:

We always did the joint + cig combo in the car. Lol at smoking in the parking lot though. Seems like a super easy way to get called on.

Not even a parking lot. Literally the street. Parallel parked.

At least the guys down the block have the sense to go in the alley behind their house.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

General Dog posted:

Ogre yelling "nerd!" Dot jpeg

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

The bottle rig is def a ghetto rig, same with the holes punched in a soda can plan.

And yeah I don't get the smoking in a parking lot in a public space, but the dudes that visit my rec center do it ALL THE TIME.

2 liter bottles are good for gravity bongs tbf

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Legalize weed, make Auburn illegal. Possibly Tennessee as well, but I’m willing to negotiate.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

vikingstrike posted:

2 liter bottles are good for gravity bongs tbf

Truth. A good 32 oz Gatorade bottle makes a strong waterfall as well.

I don't know that I'd quantify either as a bottle rig though, I think of a bottle rig as one you smoke horizontally not vertically.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
When I was slightly younger and slightly less of a square, parked cars in apartment complex parking lots were where I learned to smoke

I'm sure that's a proud American tradition

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Truth. A good 32 oz Gatorade bottle makes a strong waterfall as well.

I don't know that I'd quantify either as a bottle rig though, I think of a bottle rig as one you smoke horizontally not vertically.

Agreed.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Weed is effectively legal here in Michigan. It owns and I.would recommend it

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Yeah it's pretty great.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
all cops are bastards, btw

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Warbird posted:

Legalize weed, make Auburn illegal. Possibly Tennessee as well, but I’m willing to negotiate.

Can you add Florida to the mix because if so you have my vote.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

In high school we would meet up at the girl with the "cool" parents' house and drive around her neighborhood smoking a few bowls, and they knew what we were doing and didn't care, we'd go back to her house and raid the kitchen and chill. In hindsight, that was like the worst option the parents could have chose -- either get mad at us for smoking while driving and tell us to gently caress off or just say it's cool if you want to blaze, just do it on the back porch and don't make a scene.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

KKKLIP ART posted:

Can you add Florida to the mix because if so you have my vote.

Jorts Florida, Kiffen Florida, or that one with the pony?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Warbird posted:

Jorts Florida, Kiffen Florida, or that one with the pony?

I'll take whichever you're willing to let go with.

Come back Taggart-san...

• Locked thread