Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Da Vinci just smashed Lupin with a painting! My god, that frame is broken in half!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Lupin is that a fat joke? Don't normally want to compare a lady to a mountain

Was waiting for that yeah but thankfully not! This show is the best without the weird government mind controlled Da Vinci clone stuff.

No it's a tit joke.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

HE'S GOT HIM IN THE MONA LISA SUPLEX!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Crabtree posted:

You should probably never look up what Super Buu just did that guy. The internet's certainly took a liking to it.

I remember Sandman kills Spider-Man the same way in Marvel Zombies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

WAIT gently caress IS NARUTO ACTUALLY SHOWING AN OP?!?!?!?!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt

Hi.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, I think I get why they've been skipping these.

They're bad.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So all the flashbacks are done then? Only reason i can see why they would play the full opening.

edit; nevermind i see little boi Naruto

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So all the flashbacks are done then? Only reason i can see why they would play the full opening.

edit; nevermind i see little boi Naruto

It looks like they used these the same way Black Clover used it's second episode: to pad out a trickle of actual canon material to stall for time.

Presumably because what was actually going on in the manga at the time was too stupid than usual to adapt without more context.

EDIT: Wow, this plot is even stupider than usual.

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 10, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh boy. More filler. :geno:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 10, 2017

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The classic "Trying to cure a deadly super virus but the protagonist thinks they are trying to give him a shot" episode of any good anime.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It looks like they used these the same way Black Clover used it's second episode: to pad out a trickle of actual canon material to stall for time.

Presumably because what was actually going on in the manga at the time was too stupid than usual to adapt without more context.

EDIT: Wow, this plot is even stupider than usual.

Yet they have more then 100 chapters for Black Clover so there was no need to stall.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The classic "Trying to cure a deadly super virus but the protagonist thinks they are trying to give him a shot" episode of any good anime.

The worst part is as bad as this filler is, it's still way more creative with the setting's conceit than pretty much all of the actual canon material.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I just saw Haku and Zabuza in that evacuation audience.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Wow that defense system they just brought up would have been helpful during the fight with Pain, why didn't they use it?!

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Wow that defense system they just brought up would have been helpful during the fight with Pain, why didn't they use it?!

Turns out Kishimoto is actually really bad at writing Naruto, and the anime team is way better at it.

See: the entire Boruto anime.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I find it funny the show that was known for having two years of filler before the timeskip decided to place random filler of them as kids in the middle of the timeskip stuff.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
And the moral of this story was: everyone in the Hidden Leaf Village is an incompetent moron.

Also, the moral of every Naruto story.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I only saw the full version of this opening tonight when I was catching up, and I honestly prefer the shortened version.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
OH MY GOD, JC

A BOMB

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Well, I guess the generic Space Terrorists didn't have much luck against Spike and the Bebop, so I guess they decided to try their luck against the Outlaw Star crew instead.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
oh man, it's these episodes of Bebop

e: god, Faye is such a bitch

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 10, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In which Spike beats the poo poo out of some guys.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm watching ahead in Hunter and these ants are hosed, bro.

E: The upside of this is that I get to hear all of Departure every time.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 11, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, so I'm so unsure about being able to stream on my mobile hotspot at my parents' house, I'm not even gonna try, save myself the anxiety. This is fortunate, as I just so happen to have two Christmas things I found on Youtube that I can show! So, here's the schedule as follows:

Saturday, December 16

No Jormungand, special showing of Olive, the Other Reindeer (I haven't shown this before, right? I've never had Goonami at Christmas)

Saturday, December 23

25th Anniversary showing of The Muppet Christmas Carol (I found a version on Youtube that wasn't too messed up by copyright dodging, God willing it stays up)

Saturday, December 30

Jormungand returns, New Year's showing of Your Name

Saturday, January 6

Normal schedule, Kamen Rider Ex-Aid begins during Black Clover

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Neat!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Seitz_Unseen/status/940439196572848129
I keep forgetting that this is a thing that is happening

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I still haven't forgiven them for Eureka Seven: AO

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/Seitz_Unseen/status/940439196572848129
I keep forgetting that this is a thing that is happening

This seems like the Eureka Seven equivalent of the Scorpion King movies.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

So I went back and reviewed the footage, and in the original Japanese, Steely Dan lets out a horrific groan upon hitting the tower that's missing in the dub.

So in the English version, yeah, he's totally dead :allears:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Are you telling me people don't scream as they die?!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arist posted:

So I went back and reviewed the footage, and in the original Japanese, Steely Dan lets out a horrific groan upon hitting the tower that's missing in the dub.

So in the English version, yeah, he's totally dead :allears:

Checked and compared the scene my self. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb26KKvbW6w

He does let out a scream in the dub but it's when he's flying, but before he hits the tower.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Mob Psycho 100, The Ancient Magus Bride, and My Hero Academia are officially off the table for broadcast. https://ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/143922402537

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Honestly he can kind of gently caress off over that comment about One Piece. Maybe you were stupid as poo poo for starting 200 episodes in.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oh Snapple! posted:

Honestly he can kind of gently caress off over that comment about One Piece. Maybe you were stupid as poo poo for starting 200 episodes in.

It was ether that or start from the beginning and take forever to get anywhere.

Anyway as lots of people said we dodged a bit of a bullet when took down one piece when they did. As we were getting close to the point were the anime slowed down to a snails pace.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm fine with One Piece being going off air where it did. My annoyance is with him acting like it "never building an audience" was a problem that had nothing to do with their dumbass decision. The "take forever to get anywhere" thing also rings a bit hollow considering Black Clover's anime pacing.

But just in general though, you can't start a drat thing 200+ episodes in then complain about it not gripping people.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 15, 2017

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
maybe it's time to shut toonami down for a couple years again then bring it back

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

But they have Super now so it's kinda of impossible for them to come back again in a few years with no budget again.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

But they have Super now so it's kinda of impossible for them to come back again in a few years with no budget again.

You'd basically have to kill Netflix and have it where Toonami needed to be around for anime to get its foot in the door as something popular. If Toonami never died and had more money they wouldn't be so much of a problem as it is, but its where we are now.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm fine with One Piece being going off air where it did. My annoyance is with him acting like it "never building an audience" was a problem that had nothing to do with their dumbass decision. The "take forever to get anywhere" thing also rings a bit hollow considering Black Clover's anime pacing.

But just in general though, you can't start a drat thing 200+ episodes in then complain about it not gripping people.

Oh no, Black Clover is just stupid and bad right now. The thing they have to apologize for is poo poo like Agami Ga gently caress or Tokyo poo poo being absolute goddamn trash that we all had to sit through because they couldn't even find funny garbage. Where the gently caress was the "audience" for that? Jacking it and just rolling their eyes if there was enough anime tits for them to be appeased on their website? The only reason they're going with Clover is probably because they think they can just steam roll this because its tailor made to be some horse poo poo, by the numbers, replacement for a big three and I'm not loving seeing that actually working on whoever is behind the dub's part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Whoever sold the rights to Black Clover to the West was apparently really persuasive because they were able to sell both Crunchyroll and Toonami on it being the Next Great Thing, when in reality it's just dogshit

• Locked thread