Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Reality Winner posted:

Just play what you want

i cant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Frostivus event is on, apparently. cool i guess.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

UI Updates
Other

Fixed a typo where the Quebec chat channel was called Qumbec.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Cuntellectual posted:

Frostivus event is on, apparently. cool i guess.

you can get a chest for playing three games of dota!!!!!!!

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

:same:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

new PA set looking good

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Reality Winner posted:

new PA set looking good

NOT THE BLUE DRAGON SET I WANTED WHEN I BOUGHT A CRATE :geno:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Frostivus is a series of mario party minigame?

e: best event they've ever done

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 15, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Reality Winner posted:

Frostivus is a series of mario party minigame?

e: best event they've ever done

*Uther Party.

Reality Winner posted:

new PA set looking good

The Gyro and WK sets are cool, at least.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Reality Winner posted:

new PA set looking good

Upside: first DK chestplate that doesnt look like trash

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
The spirit breaker minigame is the BEST. You can even taunt while throwing fools into the lava.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Qum

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

An0-Mage?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think Valve managed to piss off pretty much everyone with this update.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

TOOT BOOT posted:

I think Valve managed to piss off pretty much everyone with this update.

Hearing the problems with the custom game contest is pretty interesting. No hard deadline, no real guidance and seemingly the winner being based on the number of subscribers. Apparently the winner violated the 'no third party stuff' guideline?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
brewmaster's frostivus hat made him look like tusk for a quarter of a nanosecond and in that 1/4th nS I was very upset that he had two hands

no fur propaganda, duel was a draw, eye for a hand

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Frostivus for the nots-of-us

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
mode has a round that rewards people who play Invoker, and 3 rounds entirely reliant on rng

it stinks

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Custo Lives,

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Semper Custo

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the mario party actually rules, gently caress the haters

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

violent sex idiot posted:

the mario party actually rules, gently caress the haters

It's got about the same ratio of good games to bad, ya

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Neurolimal posted:

It's got about the same ratio of good games to bad, ya

just like the real mario party

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Death Bot posted:

Custo Lives,

this is violence

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
apparently reinstalling dota resets your calibration progress? i had like 3 games left, had to reinstall to a different hard drive and now i'm at 10 again.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Isn't the calibration meaningless since you still have MMR and the new stuff is just an MMR bracket? The whole thing is a placebo to make people feel like they're being reevaluated and that the new thing is going to be somehow more reflective of where they should be by obfuscating things.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

lohli posted:

Isn't the calibration meaningless since you still have MMR and the new stuff is just an MMR bracket? The whole thing is a placebo to make people feel like they're being reevaluated and that the new thing is going to be somehow more reflective of where they should be by obfuscating things.

sure. but i'm still stuck at 10 out of 10 games after playing two games today.

i don't really care about the result, i'm just pointing out that this seems slightly buggy

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Sometimes they increase the uncertainty by a little for these kinda things. Not that it matters, you won't be less trash in the 10 games than before. But yeah, definitely not starting from scratch in any case..

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

lohli posted:

Your medal means literally nothing other than the highest MMR you've achieved this season. Matchmaking is still based on your numerical MMR.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
oh my god i finally got through this piece of poo poo game which we should have won at 30 minutes, but then it took us like 80 because our luna played like a maniac. my goddamn computer crashed twice in the middle, we finally won and i get an abandon what the gently caress gaben

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

botany posted:

oh my god i finally got through this piece of poo poo game which we should have won at 30 minutes, but then it took us like 80 because our luna played like a maniac. my goddamn computer crashed twice in the middle, we finally won and i get an abandon what the gently caress gaben

The universe is telling you to quit Dota but you won't listen

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
that feel when windows 10 pushes an update that freezes + crashes your PC and takes 10 minutes to install, but you got your rapier and set the boys up to win, and they did

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

How do I farm behavior score back up to normal levels because I hit C and now my games are like a chain reaction of toxicity. One guy earlier started mocking our mid's voice, charged once, and then abandoned when he died the first time which is kinda funny but not good for actually winning.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
mute all chat, unbind push to talk, unbind chat to team

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

That definitely works if you can't help but play in the poo poo.

Otherwise take wangs advice and just join the LPQ party.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

TOOT BOOT posted:

How do I farm behavior score back up to normal levels because I hit C and now my games are like a chain reaction of toxicity. One guy earlier started mocking our mid's voice, charged once, and then abandoned when he died the first time which is kinda funny but not good for actually winning.

So does this mean that it goes like school grades now? Normal, B, C, D, F?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

botany posted:

Friendly reminder that my IRL friend from school rounded everyone up for Dota. He only asked to play Luna because he mains her. He then proceeded to assemble the team (one guy even played from Spain at 6am just to be with us) and he rushed shadowblade with brown boots and then yasha. By rush I mean farm it up at like, 29 mins.

We lost. Badly.

Edit: lmao at toot boot's story. Dota is the best.

turboraton fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 17, 2017