Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

A. Nobody's going to be able to execute Mister Miracle, so it's no surprise they're having fun.

B. I thought that countries with the steering wheel on the wrong side didn't have the death penalty. :confused:
It could just be an imported RHD car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is that really Gabby's code name? :lol:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phy posted:

It could just be an imported RHD car.

Hmm... if anyone could drive a backwards car successfully, it would be Mister Miracle. :thunk:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Archyduke posted:

Hasn't "honey badger" been coopted by the right? Like some kind of Bannon/Breitbart thing? I guess it doesn't matter and I'm sure Tom Taylor didn't have that in mind, and like-- I still enjoy the comic, but I got to that page and was sort of "hmmm yikes. I wish her name was almost anything else."

I saw someone elsewhere mention this but tbh I'm plugged in to Twitter like way more than is probably healthy and even in that environment i had literally never heard of that until yesterday so I'm not terribly concerned about it

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Maybe I'm the weirdo, but I find every part of that MM page adorable. Including Barda having to keep her knees up to fit in the front seat of that economy class car.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Choco1980 posted:

Maybe I'm the weirdo, but I find every part of that MM page adorable. Including Barda having to keep her knees up to fit in the front seat of that economy class car.

It reminds me of all the Asguardian ladies crashing Jane Foster's walk-in clinic and being observably huge.

Sadly I don't have the panel with them all in the waiting room and the terrified normal person cowering the corner handy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Why does Big Barda look like a gigantesque version of Kate Bishop?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

site posted:

I saw someone elsewhere mention this but tbh I'm plugged in to Twitter like way more than is probably healthy and even in that environment i had literally never heard of that until yesterday so I'm not terribly concerned about it

That’s news to me too (though it wouldnt surprise me; the alt-right is not exactly known for its creativity).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Toshimo posted:

That's Sif.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

economy class car

It's an Aston Martin DB5, James Bond's car from Goldfinger. So, it's probably roomy enough inside for Sean Connery, who is 6'2" or was before his spine compressed as he got older...

Not for nothing is she Big Barda.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

In the car?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Toshimo posted:

In the car?

I thought you were asking about the panel immediately before your post

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Toshimo posted:

Because you can't tell two dark-haired women drawn by two different artists apart if they're wearing sunglasses?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Scott must go to trial before Highfather Orion as he stands accused of being an agent of Darkseid!

Of course, he reserves gravitas for the stage:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Autism Sneaks posted:

Scott must go to trial before Highfather Orion as he stands accused of being an agent of Darkseid!

Of course, he reserves gravitas for the stage:

Orion is Highfather now?

Also, I am imagining the biggest poo poo-eating smirk behind MM's mask. :smuggo:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Autism Sneaks posted:

Because you can't tell two dark-haired women drawn by two different artists apart if they're wearing sunglasses?

Excuse me she's also wearing purple.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

prefect posted:

Orion is Highfather now?

Only in this comic so far, but everything in it is subject to being a messed up reality/anti-life/PTSD illusion.
Granny Goodness was decapitated in it months ago, meanwhile she recruited Lois Lane to the Female Furies in the last issue of Superman.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

prefect posted:

Orion is Highfather now?

Also, I am imagining the biggest poo poo-eating smirk behind MM's mask. :smuggo:

His.... his mouth is right there though? Have I been misreading Mr. Miracle's face for decades?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

Only in this comic so far, but everything in it is subject to being a messed up reality/anti-life/PTSD illusion.
Granny Goodness was decapitated in it months ago, meanwhile she recruited Lois Lane to the Female Furies in the last issue of Superman.

HYPERTIME

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Archyduke posted:

Hasn't "honey badger" been coopted by the right? Like some kind of Bannon/Breitbart thing? I guess it doesn't matter and I'm sure Tom Taylor didn't have that in mind, and like-- I still enjoy the comic, but I got to that page and was sort of "hmmm yikes. I wish her name was almost anything else."

Can we please not be so eager to cede perfectly reasonable concepts or things to Nazis?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Patrick Spens posted:

Can we please not be so eager to cede perfectly reasonable concepts or things to Nazis?

Sorry, we now have to change the name of all things used by people we disagree with. Because that's the reasonable thing to do, not "Continue doing what we were before and not letting the actions of a minority affect the world thus giving them more power."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Onmi posted:

Sorry, we now have to change the name of all things used by people we disagree with. Because that's the reasonable thing to do, not "Continue doing what we were before and not letting the actions of a minority affect the world thus giving them more power."

We should absolutely let the actions of minorities change the world, giving them more power.

We should stop thinking of Nazis as minorities, and properly recognize them as enemies of humanity.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Mister Miracle is probably one of the best things DC is publishing right now, and this week's issue is probably the best of the series so far. Just throwin that out there if anyone hasn't read it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The honey badger thing was a minor internet memetics thing from well before the Late Unpleasantness, and also, Mister Miracle looks amazing.

MajorJohnSteed
Dec 20, 2014

Wheat Loaf posted:

Star Wars Tales #3

hey cool chris brunner. i know that guy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

And I went to college with Zlato.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

And I went to college with Zlato.

Could you ever catch him?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Well I caught him browsing 8chan on his phone if that counts.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
The Judge Dredd conversation earlier got me thinking that we are neglecting one of the most important Judges in Mega-City One history:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Uhh, why are you posting badass panels to the funny thread, citizen?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Toshimo posted:

Uhh, why are you posting badass panels to the funny thread, citizen?

What's the penalty for that?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Duke Igthorn posted:

What's the penalty for that?

Death. Duh.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

gently caress you for posting a panel with a cliffhanger like that!

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Either the first or second time he tried to kill literally everyone in Mega City One. The wall around the city was built to keep them escaping his death squads, it wasn't there at the start of Dredd.

No, seriously.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Toshimo posted:

gently caress you for posting a panel with a cliffhanger like that!

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?

IIRC, he was going to hold a mass execution, but since Judge Dredd had Judge Fish killed, Judge Cal is too heartbroken to go through with it.

Come to think of it, I don't think Dredd was ever held to account for his killing of a fellow Judge...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Because literally no one except insane-rear end Cal considered the fish an actual judge :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My favorite part of that storyline was how the writer realized that making so many judges side with Cal made them seem like brainless villains, so he introduced a plot element where Cal had been secretly using brainwashing tapes on them near the conclusion of the arc.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Because literally no one except insane-rear end Cal considered the fish an actual judge :v:

The law is the law, citizen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I guess donkeys are extinct in Dredd, if Cal Igula had to settle for a fish.