Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016
I see we're back at boiled ribs. I love me some boiled ribs with mash and greens... mmmh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Ad by Khad posted:

If you want it changed for free you could post something in QCS or see if VideoGames here will do something about it. All title changes are subject to admin review and whatever admin reviewed that title probably didn't realize that image is nws. For an added bonus, the person who bought the title may very well catch a ban.

I don't particularly care, but if VideoGames wants to do something about it, sure.

And on reflection, yeah, I guess it is NWS innit? Nubbin, faceful of splooge, etc.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I'm here to correct the record(tm). :words:

I've been banned four times total, the first three of which were rolled back without any marks on my accounts.

The first one was for hyperdunking, it took a month, but after a senior GM was tagged in on the ticket I was unbanned immediately and gifted gametime.

The second and third times, I was banned without a reason, and unbanned without it showing up on my permanent record (which means I can trade characters.) (I'm pretty sure the 2nd one was due to superhyperdunking, but they banned me after literally telling me it was okay to do, as long as I never 'avoided' CONCORD, and simply delayed them[which was allowed at the time].) These both took months. The third I literally have no idea.

The fourth time, the most recent time, was because I created 1000 alpha accounts to skill farm with, and they banned me for causing a 'disproportionate load on their server', which CCP themselves said applies not only to their server systems, but their (forum) moderation, ticket, and petition systems. If you simply get reported enough, CCP can and will ban you, and have threatened gankers before with this. This was a first offense permaban for something I apologized for immediately, but they stopped responding to my tickets.

I've been warned TWICE because of ingame actions, once in 2014 for suiciding ~50 shuttles on a gate in Madirmilire to stop DSTs and Industrials from being able to cloak/mwd, and once for the superhyperdunking shuttle spam, which consisted of dropping over 1200 shuttles from a bowhead in 2015. Afterwards I asked how many shuttles/wrecks I could create, and CCP kept dodging the questions.

I've put in a total of 27 (30 if you count me asking CCP to actually email me the reason I was banned, because for some reason they don't tell me unless I ask) petitions over my 12 years of playing this game. Three of which were related to aggressing supercaps, two were ship reimbursement requests, three were test petitions (how GMs react to someone on the anti-ganking side of the spectrum) and pretty much the rest were ganking mechanics or ban discussions. This includes me asking if hyperdunking was allowed (yes, later nerfed), if superhyperdunking was allowed (yes, later no), if hypersuperhyperdunking was allowed (yes, later no), if pulling CONCORD was allowed (yes), if ganking with alphas that you rotate out over and over again is allowed (yes, asked CCP rise at vegas also said yes), whether doing the warp trick with aggressing alts were allowed (yes in 2014, no 2016 and beyond), whether midwarp smartbombing was allowed (yes), and these are the ones I remember just off the top of my head.

The problem isn't with how I've necessarily been treated by the GMs, but more on how other gankers I've played with have been so badly mistreated. For example, a ganker called Jason Kusion was banned for 'Input Broadcasting' despite him literally streaming his gaming setup, was banned for over 5 months until he convinced the GMs with a massive mountain of evidence that it was totally in his ability to effectively multibox 11 accounts, something many gankers have been doing for years. Recently, loyalanon was also bullshit banned for Input Broadcasting, another guy that has streamed and recorded his setups. He was banned for 30 days, and now he's afraid to have any more than 5b on his accounts at any given time because CCP can just decide to permaban him for any reason any day. There was a kill nearly a year ago where some CODE. and Miniluv members were banned for 30 days because CONCORD failed to spawn, which isn't an exploit that people know how to do post grid extension. Weird poo poo happens sometimes in ganking that is totally out of our control, sometimes CONCORD is delayed by 2-3 seconds randomly during ganks and it scares the poo poo out of people because we're afraid of eating poo poo.

Not to mention the fact that most of the time the GMs have no knowledge of game mechanics, have never highsec ganked, and the that over 60%(2015 fanfest) of petitioned losses result in total reimbursement it's not surprising most of the pleb linemember gankers in the game have quit, or are simply playing skill queue online. CODE is the most dead it's ever been, consisting about a dozen people, most of them miniluv alts, guys who multibox 10+ accounts, or Russians.

A lot of ganking superstars have quit because of this and the massive nerfs to ganking that have also occurred since 2012, and the only reason it's alive as a profession is because almost every remaining ganker multiboxes a fuckoff amount of accounts. I came back after quitting and giving all my stuff away because one of my friends convinced me and bank rolled my accounts to just gank with him, and it was fun in between CCP GMs keeping one of us banned (illegitimately)so we could never form up max dudes for over a year.

I don't know where this rules lawyer meme comes from, I've played incredibly careful with respect to tickets and CCP because I know how trigger happy and crazy they are, and I was totally certain that making 1000 accounts was okay until I was banned for it. I've seen people with 1200 injector farming alts so I assumed that I could just make one no big deal since someone else did it and is fine, but I guess not. Since you can't share tickets and GM correspondence you can't openly talk about how loving trash CCP's customer service and GMs are, so you can't see half the poo poo that goes on.

Gankers are afraid, and every good ganker has a safe corporation wallet where their 'brother' has director access so when we finally eat a perma for something out of our control our wallet is still available.

tl;dr if you're trolling me about being a line-rider or rules lawyer or whatever dumb poo poo you've succeeded, if you're serious you're mega dumb and are falling for the reddit pubbie meme.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

not reading all that

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

brand engager posted:

not reading any of that

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I've been banned four times total, the first three of which were rolled back without any marks on my accounts.

The first one was for hyperdunking, it took a month, but after a senior GM was tagged in on the ticket I was unbanned immediately and gifted gametime.

The second and third times, I was banned without a reason, and unbanned without it showing up on my permanent record (which means I can trade characters.) (I'm pretty sure the 2nd one was due to superhyperdunking, but they banned me after literally telling me it was okay to do, as long as I never 'avoided' CONCORD, and simply delayed them[which was allowed at the time].) These both took months. The third I literally have no idea.

The fourth time, the most recent time, was because I created 1000 alpha accounts to skill farm with, and they banned me for causing a 'disproportionate load on their server', which CCP themselves said applies not only to their server systems, but their (forum) moderation, ticket, and petition systems. If you simply get reported enough, CCP can and will ban you, and have threatened gankers before with this. This was a first offense permaban for something I apologized for immediately, but they stopped responding to my tickets.

I've been warned TWICE because of ingame actions, once in 2014 for suiciding ~50 shuttles on a gate in Madirmilire to stop DSTs and Industrials from being able to cloak/mwd, and once for the superhyperdunking shuttle spam, which consisted of dropping over 1200 shuttles from a bowhead in 2015. Afterwards I asked how many shuttles/wrecks I could create, and CCP kept dodging the questions.

I've put in a total of 27 (30 if you count me asking CCP to actually email me the reason I was banned, because for some reason they don't tell me unless I ask) petitions over my 12 years of playing this game. Three of which were related to aggressing supercaps, two were ship reimbursement requests, three were test petitions (how GMs react to someone on the anti-ganking side of the spectrum) and pretty much the rest were ganking mechanics or ban discussions. This includes me asking if hyperdunking was allowed (yes, later nerfed), if superhyperdunking was allowed (yes, later no), if hypersuperhyperdunking was allowed (yes, later no), if pulling CONCORD was allowed (yes), if ganking with alphas that you rotate out over and over again is allowed (yes, asked CCP rise at vegas also said yes), whether doing the warp trick with aggressing alts were allowed (yes in 2014, no 2016 and beyond), whether midwarp smartbombing was allowed (yes), and these are the ones I remember just off the top of my head.

The problem isn't with how I've necessarily been treated by the GMs, but more on how other gankers I've played with have been so badly mistreated. For example, a ganker called Jason Kusion was banned for 'Input Broadcasting' despite him literally streaming his gaming setup, was banned for over 5 months until he convinced the GMs with a massive mountain of evidence that it was totally in his ability to effectively multibox 11 accounts, something many gankers have been doing for years. Recently, loyalanon was also bullshit banned for Input Broadcasting, another guy that has streamed and recorded his setups. He was banned for 30 days, and now he's afraid to have any more than 5b on his accounts at any given time because CCP can just decide to permaban him for any reason any day. There was a kill nearly a year ago where some CODE. and Miniluv members were banned for 30 days because CONCORD failed to spawn, which isn't an exploit that people know how to do post grid extension. Weird poo poo happens sometimes in ganking that is totally out of our control, sometimes CONCORD is delayed by 2-3 seconds randomly during ganks and it scares the poo poo out of people because we're afraid of eating poo poo.

Not to mention the fact that most of the time the GMs have no knowledge of game mechanics, have never highsec ganked, and the that over 60%(2015 fanfest) of petitioned losses result in total reimbursement it's not surprising most of the pleb linemember gankers in the game have quit, or are simply playing skill queue online. CODE is the most dead it's ever been, consisting about a dozen people, most of them miniluv alts, guys who multibox 10+ accounts, or Russians.

A lot of ganking superstars have quit because of this and the massive nerfs to ganking that have also occurred since 2012, and the only reason it's alive as a profession is because almost every remaining ganker multiboxes a fuckoff amount of accounts. I came back after quitting and giving all my stuff away because one of my friends convinced me and bank rolled my accounts to just gank with him, and it was fun in between CCP GMs keeping one of us banned (illegitimately)so we could never form up max dudes for over a year.

I don't know where this rules lawyer meme comes from, I've played incredibly careful with respect to tickets and CCP because I know how trigger happy and crazy they are, and I was totally certain that making 1000 accounts was okay until I was banned for it. I've seen people with 1200 injector farming alts so I assumed that I could just make one no big deal since someone else did it and is fine, but I guess not. Since you can't share tickets and GM correspondence you can't openly talk about how loving trash CCP's customer service and GMs are, so you can't see half the poo poo that goes on.

Gankers are afraid, and every good ganker has a safe corporation wallet where their 'brother' has director access so when we finally eat a perma for something out of our control our wallet is still available.

tl;dr if you're trolling me about being a line-rider or rules lawyer or whatever dumb poo poo you've succeeded, if you're serious you're mega dumb and are falling for the reddit pubbie meme.

:same:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I read it and now I want to be a ganklord

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

PathAsc posted:

I read it and now I want to be a ganklord

join miniluv they will take care of you

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, I wanted to for years, this would bring me back to the game. I'll have to see what I can get done this weekend since I've been gone forever.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

brand engager posted:

not reading all that

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I read it and he's not wrong and I get why people generally just dismiss him

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also jerkmod your avatar is cute as heck gj

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:psyduck:
Do you really make enough ISK ganking to PLEX 10+ accounts? Or are you gankers paying hundreds of $$$ to CCP each month?

Sounds like the one being ganked is your wallet.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
if you're active and not poo poo, yes trivially

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
I quit ganking because of the constant nerfs and bans being doled out, it just wasn't worth the hassle and risk anymore.

Ngl though I'm glad I did as bombing excavators is hella fun and chill, being paid to do it is even better so thanks goons for bombing slyce so they put up the bounty :v:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This was an informative and good post.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

dragonshardz posted:

I don't particularly care, but if VideoGames wants to do something about it, sure.

And on reflection, yeah, I guess it is NWS innit? Nubbin, faceful of splooge, etc.

I recognise the video that your avatar is screenshot from. It is that weird video where a guy has some sort of mouth brace in, they put cornflakes in then milk and it sort of explodes. It is not quite NSFW, but the video does make me cringe massively. I think because of the guys bug eyes.

If it was fully NFSw then yes I would change it.

Also, Avatar changes are automatic. They do not get approved by anyone so anyone can change any other posters avatar to whatever they want. Since becoming a mod I too have had my avatar changed by some random people!

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Potato Salad posted:

This was an informative and good post.

It actually was. I was surprised, but it was kind of an interesting read.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I agree with Globby. Ganking nerfs are like a crazy rollercoaster of emotions. I've never been banned but I understand how frustrating it is for the dudes that have been banned multiple times and received silence from CCP on it.

The final straw for me was learning that a pretty significant portion of highsec ganks get reimbursed. I bought into narrative and used that to fuel my purpose in playing a lot. Pre-WWB we we're highwaymen robbing our enemies of their poo poo; post-WWB we were resistance terrorists dunking JFs of our oppressors. But if a solid chunk of the kills that take 10-15 people and upwards of 50 accounts and so much loving effort to execute get reimbursed "just because" then what's the point of ganking JFs and Fs? The thrill of seeing one blow up waned a long long time ago. The insult to injury was when some pub joined MiniLuv and showed us his lossmails that got reimbursed.

By this time, we had trillions in loot and cash, so I could buy Titans and no one would have even noticed. Once you've hit 5T killed, led 250 man fleets, ran BJ, participated in most major newsworthy fights in the game, at least tried most aspects of the game, and your niche is futile and constantly under siege and in danger of getting you banned... What do you have left to do?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

DisgracelandUSA posted:

What do you have left to do?

Shitpost

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

VideoGames posted:

I recognise the video that your avatar is screenshot from. It is that weird video where a guy has some sort of mouth brace in, they put cornflakes in then milk and it sort of explodes. It is not quite NSFW, but the video does make me cringe massively. I think because of the guys bug eyes.

If it was fully NFSw then yes I would change it.

Also, Avatar changes are automatic. They do not get approved by anyone so anyone can change any other posters avatar to whatever they want. Since becoming a mod I too have had my avatar changed by some random people!

You're a good guy for leaving it, VideoGames.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Is this where we get to say unironically "made u post" because lol

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Thanks, this was a good read and substantiates a lot of what you say about CCP.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

DisgracelandUSA posted:

The final straw for me was learning that a pretty significant portion of highsec ganks get reimbursed.
The insult to injury was when some pub joined MiniLuv and showed us his lossmails that got reimbursed.

So if CCP is doing full reimbursement of a gank, are they also doing things like giving people isk that got "taken" from collateral on shipping contracts? Or replacing items that dropped and thus duping them? Because otherwise it seems to me that plenty of ganks would still do plenty of damage even if reimbursed.

But if they were duping poo poo there could be an insanely profitable scam on CCP to have ganks where the actual goal is colluding to extract value.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

By this time, we had trillions in loot and cash, so I could buy Titans and no one would have even noticed. Once you've hit 5T killed, led 250 man fleets, ran BJ, participated in most major newsworthy fights in the game, at least tried most aspects of the game, and your niche is futile and constantly under siege and in danger of getting you banned... What do you have left to do?

Miniluv should pay out dividends. It could be much bigger by attracting people with the easy profit motive, not just the fun of killing highsec pubs. Seems to me like the constant problem for miniluv is burnout & having replacement people. Run it like the rest of our communist space empire, make farming freighters a viable alternative to farming rats.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Klyith posted:

Miniluv should pay out dividends. It could be much bigger by attracting people with the easy profit motive, not just the fun of killing highsec pubs. Seems to me like the constant problem for miniluv is burnout & having replacement people. Run it like the rest of our communist space empire, make farming freighters a viable alternative to farming rats.

Part of the problem with this is that liquidating freighter gank loot is not easy. There's no real way to guarantee a particular return with this sort of scheme.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Part of the problem with this is that liquidating freighter gank loot is not easy. There's no real way to guarantee a particular return with this sort of scheme.

That's why "dividends" and not loot shares. Socialism! Total up how much the whole SIG makes in a month, pay out by some scheme that rewards total participation rather than being lucky. Only part that's a bit complicated is keeping track of guys doing the various jobs that are not on KMs.

That way everyone is still happy to kill an empty freighter just cause it's autopiloting through niarja, but they're also eager to find the big 10 billion kill since they'll get a fraction of it. More valuable kills is more money for everyone, but being on any particular kill is not important.

MiniLuv: an employee-owned cooperative

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Klyith posted:

That's why "dividends" and not loot shares. Socialism! Total up how much the whole SIG makes in a month, pay out by some scheme that rewards total participation rather than being lucky. Only part that's a bit complicated is keeping track of guys doing the various jobs that are not on KMs.

That way everyone is still happy to kill an empty freighter just cause it's autopiloting through niarja, but they're also eager to find the big 10 billion kill since they'll get a fraction of it. More valuable kills is more money for everyone, but being on any particular kill is not important.

Can the peole running miniluv plz apply to real politics, tia god bless

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

DisgracelandUSA posted:

become a space diplo and talk poo poo all day every day.

thats what I did

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Zakrello posted:

thats what I did

Every time CD has a recruitment drive I debate on applying.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Zakrello posted:

thats what I did
e: Double post because work internet = terrible

BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016

Klyith posted:

Yeah... no? Miniluv already pays money to people who actually contribute. I'm not paying people to come push f1 on their t2 catalyst.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

BAE B BLUE posted:

Yeah... no? Miniluv already pays money to people who actually contribute. I'm not paying people to come push f1 on their t2 catalyst.

I paid out to people who bumped for me but agreed f1 pushers who get free ships should be happy with kms imo

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Join Holesquad, nerd.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

brand engager posted:

not reading all that

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

scandoslav posted:

Join Holesquad, nerd.

We are read-only this month, but catch us in late January.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

scandoslav posted:

Join Holesquad, nerd.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

meatmccartney posted:

We are read-only this month, but catch us in late January.

If he doesn't have a standing boosh then things are wrong.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

scandoslav posted:

If he doesn't have a standing boosh then things are wrong.

Always Boney.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
Is Hole Squad still alive and doing fun* poo poo?

Edit: Is mandozer somehow back and screaming at people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Are you the sterling that still needs justice?

• Locked thread