Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

exquisite tea posted:

Please do not abbreviate Destiny in the Diablo thread, first and most holiest bearer of the D.

Actually the true D is The Division now, 2017 is loving nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

JonathonSpectre posted:

I've just started playing Grim Dawn and I love it. If you're a D3 fan you should really check it out, worth every penny. Running around rifling undead thru the forehead while my hellhound and briarthorn rip poo poo up is great fun, and it's got a nice "tortured and flayed corpses everywhere" Diablo 1 vibe to it.

i have cosmic wings to get first, casual.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I've been getting back into Dishonored 2 lately and might finally get around to finishing it.

D2 is pretty great so far but I've got a couple of missions to go.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I got so loving confused at this talk about D1 amd D2 and I thought y'all was talking about Diablo Hellfire when you were going on abkut D1 expansions and how the original Diablo model was to sell expansions as new floppy discs ala MTG expansions.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dameius posted:

I got so loving confused at this talk about D1 amd D2 and I thought y'all was talking about Diablo Hellfire when you were going on abkut D1 expansions and how the original Diablo model was to sell expansions as new floppy discs ala MTG expansions.
There's an alternate timeline when Blizzard ended up with EA and they figured out microtransactions much earlier?

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
If I see a D1 or D2 in the Diablo III thread I'm gonna assume the D stands for Diablo even if the post makes no sense when read.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

D. Ebdrup posted:

There's an alternate timeline when Blizzard ended up with EA and they figured out microtransactions much earlier?

To paraphrase the guy from his 20 year retrospective on D1, "what a really stupid idea that turned out to be," so thankfully probably not in any timeline. I am on mobile so too lazy to hunt the link, but the retrospective is easily searched on YouTube if you guys haven't seen it already.

Edit: it was postmortem, not retrospective and you can watch it here.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 15, 2017

Vakal
May 11, 2008

WarMECH posted:

If I see a D1 or D2 in the Diablo III thread I'm gonna assume the D stands for Diablo even if the post makes no sense when read.

Disciples 2 will always be another D2 in my heart.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
any of you use turbohud and is it safe no bans?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Nobody has ever been provably banned for TurboHUD. Every time a ban wave goes out a bunch of people claim they were and it always turns out they were also botting or doing other shady poo poo.

That said I don't use it myself just doesn't seem worth the risk.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
D3 should just open up official addon support so people can get all those UI improvements that turbo hud has while keeping the near-cheat stuff protected.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Elysiume posted:

Oh boy now I can read two threads where people complain about how Destiny 2 is the worst game ever.

Three, my friend

Console!

PC!

And the only SA Thread worth clicking on

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'd like to say that both darksiders 1 and 2 are good, and 3 looks really good too

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

JonathonSpectre posted:

I've just started playing Grim Dawn and I love it. If you're a D3 fan you should really check it out, worth every penny. Running around rifling undead thru the forehead while my hellhound and briarthorn rip poo poo up is great fun, and it's got a nice "tortured and flayed corpses everywhere" Diablo 1 vibe to it.

Can agree - just got to lvl 50 in GD and enjoyed it, but really am not enjoying the prospect of going through the game twice more in campaign mode. Glad D3 doesn't have that poo poo.

In other news - how's necromancer? Getting that ARPG itch and GD didn't quite fill it.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
They're top tier for solo GR (pestilence corpse lance build) and used in high GR group grinds with either glass cannon builds or zero DPS builds where they just generate health globes.

I'm having a lot more fun with my crusader.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Falcon2001 posted:

Can agree - just got to lvl 50 in GD and enjoyed it, but really am not enjoying the prospect of going through the game twice more in campaign mode. Glad D3 doesn't have that poo poo.

In other news - how's necromancer? Getting that ARPG itch and GD didn't quite fill it.

I like that D3 evolved to get rid of this poo poo. It worked for D2 I guess but there are always certain acts/areas that are a slog. That made me not want to replay GD or PoE again because it still used the old formula. And GD doesn't even unlock good legendary items until like lvl 40-50 IIRC (so not on the first play through) which is annoying.

D3 showers you in stuff and feels way more rewarding and fun. Grindy but much less so than others.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 18, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Necro has some fun midtier options for speed clears and easy GRs but all of their high-end stuff consolidates around two-minute wonderbuilds and Corpse Lance. So if you don't find that style of zipping around the map hoping you don't die before you can hit your steroid button rewarding, you might want to push with another class and play the more funsy builds in T13.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Larrymer posted:

I like that D3 evolved to get rid of this poo poo. It worked for D2 I guess but there are always certain acts/areas that are a slog. That made me not want to replay GD or PoE again because it still used the old formula. And GD doesn't even unlock good legendary items until like lvl 40-50 IIRC (so not on the first play through) which is annoying.

D3 showers you in stuff and feels way more rewarding and fun. Grindy but much less so than others.

It's not like D3 doesn't have the same BS in different form. Relevant to Necro talk I just recently came back and made a Necro, and didn't really enjoy it near the end of leveling up and grinding out a decent build. But the alternative is starting a new character from scratch and spending the hours to level it to max all over again. Granted it doesn't take as long as PoE or GD, and you could always just do it once per class and stick to non-Seasons but that just means it is less of a annoyance, but still pretty drat annoying.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

nessin posted:

But the alternative is starting a new character from scratch and spending the hours to level it to max all over again.

You can also check the LLJK community, or Powerleveling communities, and get 1-70 done in like 10 minutes, if that's the only thing holding you back and you're not having fun right now.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

nessin posted:

It's not like D3 doesn't have the same BS in different form. Relevant to Necro talk I just recently came back and made a Necro, and didn't really enjoy it near the end of leveling up and grinding out a decent build. But the alternative is starting a new character from scratch and spending the hours to level it to max all over again. Granted it doesn't take as long as PoE or GD, and you could always just do it once per class and stick to non-Seasons but that just means it is less of a annoyance, but still pretty drat annoying.

As you already have a 70, do this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/6mvo6n/a_quick_guide_to_solo_power_leveling/

Also if you need someone to push you to 70, ask in LLJK and someone will probably do it. I'll do it for sure if I'm around.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
This week on Challenge Rifts: Our Nephalem hero struggles his way through a rift 15 levels below what he is geared for and takes forever doing so.

Tune in next week for more snapshots of just how bad at video games the majority of the playerbase must be.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Swilo posted:

This week on Challenge Rifts: Our Nephalem hero struggles his way through a rift 15 levels below what he is geared for and takes forever doing so.

Tune in next week for more snapshots of just how bad at video games the majority of the playerbase must be.

It's absurd. No movement skill, 15 levels below, and a bizarre choice for Fire instead of Air elemental and the unsurprising Spirit Regen problems. The hilarious part is how hard it is to put together a weird spec like that and it's terrible and worse than the stock 6 piece.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Blizzard's ability to keep finding Monks without Dashing Strike for these challenge rifts is almost as uncanny as NPR's ability to track down every single black person who voted for Trump in 2016.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

exquisite tea posted:

Blizzard's ability to keep finding Monks without Dashing Strike for these challenge rifts is almost as uncanny as NPR's ability to track down every single black person who voted for Trump in 2016.

holy schnikes

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

:trumppop:

mewse
May 2, 2006

It wasn't until 90% thru the challenge rift that I remembered I could use the epiphany teleport to move faster.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Does Blizzard have any Holiday discounts or something? Looking into buying the Battle Chest.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
My goal is to get a bash barb wearing full blackthorn's into the weekly challenge one day.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I made a D3 LLJK group in the new b.net social tab

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Cool. It'll be just as dead as he generic SA community.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Star Man posted:

Cool. It'll be just as dead as he generic SA community.

Where is that?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

mewse posted:

Where is that?

:thejoke:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Going to admit I fell for this one.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mystic Stylez posted:

Does Blizzard have any Holiday discounts or something? Looking into buying the Battle Chest.

A sale just started

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
My new season monk is getting torn up trying to deal with T1 elites in the campaign (I guess I don't have to play this, but I like the campaign!). Is the best way to fix that just doing Nephalem rifts on master for gear, while clearing bounties for recipes?

mewse
May 2, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

My new season monk is getting torn up trying to deal with T1 elites in the campaign (I guess I don't have to play this, but I like the campaign!). Is the best way to fix that just doing Nephalem rifts on master for gear, while clearing bounties for recipes?

Do the first four pages of the season journey (shift-J) for a free 6pc uliana's set

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Logging on for some diablo now.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ok... Logging off.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

mewse posted:

Where is that?

Mind over Matter posted:

Going to admit I fell for this one.

There actually is an SA Blizzard group. It's just that it's deader than disco.

https://blizzard.com/invite/kwvDfj7y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Star Man posted:

There actually is an SA Blizzard group. It's just that it's deader than disco.

https://blizzard.com/invite/kwvDfj7y
Joke's on you, because the rumours of discos death were greatly exaggerated, even in America, and there's plenty of new disco music being made and published.