Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Flea Bargain posted:

0 hackers because we don't have fpp servers right? Unless something changed in the last week

We played duos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

abigserve posted:

We played duos

Yeah I just came back to edit my post. No FPP solos sucks, I've stopped playing because AS sucks and I don't have a mic nor friends who play PUBG

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

This is hilarious and I wish you best of luck in future key mashing.
Glad you enjoyed it, maybe you'll enjoy this video of an early game of mine featuring an abundance of said keyboard mashing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOQPHt2sn4
What you hear 20 second mark isn't really a good indication of how how loud the keyboard is (because I'm angrily mashing the gently caress out of strafe, jump, and enter vehicle keys, and probably all the keys near them), but when you consider that earlier you can hear me pressing the keys over the buggy, then it's no wonder people were zeroing in on me. Needless to say the game is quite a bit easier now that mic is actually set to push-to-talk.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool

Not sure if this was a desync issue or what but I suspect the owner of this bolt was pretty pissed off when I didn't die. Or take any damage whatsoever.

I did have to spend the next five minutes after we finished murdering him and his buddy with it lodged in my throat mind.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Jekub posted:

Not sure if this was a desync issue or what but I suspect the owner of this bolt was pretty pissed off when I didn't die. Or take any damage whatsoever.

I did have to spend the next five minutes after we finished murdering him and his buddy with it lodged in my throat mind.

I've seen some funky poo poo concerning this on the test server where hits show blood but doesn't seem to do any damage. Yesterday I hit a dude who was running 4 times with an m16 which means he should be close to death. He went prone but I could still see his legs and rear end and I hit him an additional 6'ish times, after which he got up and kept running. Me and my buddy both saw blood with each hit. Anyone else experienced similar? Seems like the test servers have really really bad hit reg. Even worse than live.

Also it seems at the plants shown to the right in this image has been made as a solid object and you can't shoot between the branches, or a least some of them.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Dec 14, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Vehicles on Miramar need to be way more visually distinct, unless you have optics you'll probably be running towards a burnout. As it stands the Bronco looks identical to broken ones.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Won a pair of chicken dinners in squads on Miramar last night.

Honestly I think this map needs another 50-100 people on it. That's my only gripe. It really does feel empty during the mid game. If you survive your initial drop point and get your initial loot you might not see anyone else for two more circles. The bad part is the rubber banding at the beginning of the game was so bad last night I think another 50-100 people would crash the game or make it unplayable so I'm not optimistic for increasing the player limit. But we had games where the first circle would end and there would be like 30 people left. It was horrible. We wouldn't see anyone until the final 10 people.

So yeah, the complaints about the map being waaaay too big are completely valid. This map isn't meant for this kind of player limit.

Otoh, I've had no trouble with finding loot and I love the new tall buildings and the massive construction sites. We had some really amazing firefights yesterday in the big city in those construction sites. The loot is a little more spread out but that's not the worst thing in the world. I've had little trouble finding a decent starting gun before we run into trouble.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Also it seems at the plants shown to the right in this image has been made as a solid object and you can't shoot between the branches, or a least some of them.

Can confirm, joshua trees are solid spiky painful nightmares of the desert.
(Haven't tried to shoot through them in-game, but these things are the ultimate cover when playing paintball. The spikes break all the balls so you're just covered in paint, but unhit.)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

Won a pair of chicken dinners in squads on Miramar last night.

Honestly I think this map needs another 50-100 people on it. That's my only gripe. It really does feel empty during the mid game. If you survive your initial drop point and get your initial loot you might not see anyone else for two more circles. The bad part is the rubber banding at the beginning of the game was so bad last night I think another 50-100 people would crash the game or make it unplayable so I'm not optimistic for increasing the player limit. But we had games where the first circle would end and there would be like 30 people left. It was horrible. We wouldn't see anyone until the final 10 people.

So yeah, the complaints about the map being waaaay too big are completely valid. This map isn't meant for this kind of player limit.

Otoh, I've had no trouble with finding loot and I love the new tall buildings and the massive construction sites. We had some really amazing firefights yesterday in the big city in those construction sites. The loot is a little more spread out but that's not the worst thing in the world. I've had little trouble finding a decent starting gun before we run into trouble.

I've had a hard time dealing with the new buildings because I can never find anything two story and reasonably enclosed, which is like the only way I can actually survive because I have the situational awareness of a day old kitten.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Well this was a fun action movie scene. I think? But the kill cam was just blank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvIzesZDIzA

I suppose it's just some slowness somewhere but drat that is one useless kill cam.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I suppose it's just some slowness somewhere but drat that is one useless kill cam.

Put the game on an SSD. Or watch the recording once then hit replay at the end (which is normally an option, i guess yours bugged.) I think it reloads the whole map the first time it loads the replay but it doesn't need to the second time. :shrug:

Also killcams that involve vehicles seem particularly buggy in general.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

NmareBfly posted:

Put the game on an SSD. Or watch the recording once then hit replay at the end (which is normally an option, i guess yours bugged.) I think it reloads the whole map the first time it loads the replay but it doesn't need to the second time. :shrug:

Also killcams that involve vehicles seem particularly buggy in general.

Of course I have it on an SSD. Yeah something about loading the map seems right, but it was never this slow before (or since).

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I'm interested in getting into this game, but I've been watching dearsomeone's Highlight Reels and stuff like this has me very worried.

The fact that its on a highlight reel suggests its uncommon, but drat that's scary. Do I have a chance to get started in this game or is it to late to catch up to the pros?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Travic posted:

I'm interested in getting into this game, but I've been watching dearsomeone's Highlight Reels and stuff like this has me very worried.

The fact that its on a highlight reel suggests its uncommon, but drat that's scary. Do I have a chance to get started in this game or is it to late to catch up to the pros?

tbh not really imo

pubg is by turns fun and excrutiatingly frustrating because I'm not very good at shooters and most of my games end with me getting completely schooled by someone who is much better at clicking heads than me

Like I guess if you go play a ton of CS:GO you can catch up because there's basically a limit to how good someone can be and you can catch up to that, but it's pretty painful and PUBG is really not a good game for getting better at shooters, you want something that involves a lot more... well, honestly, more shooting if you're trying to get really good. That said, a major problem I have translating what skills I have between shooters is that every goddamned game handles slightly differently and I don't have finely tuned enough aim to be able to really zero in where my sensitivity should be beyond "pretty drat low" so all the shooters I play aim slightly differently and I feel like I can never actually hone my poo poo because of it

In the end, play with friends. Whether you're trash or pro, PUBG is a beautiful game when shared with friends. The amount of fun I have playing solo compared duos or squads is incomparable.

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 14, 2017

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Magres posted:

tbh not really imo

pubg is by turns fun and excrutiatingly frustrating because I'm not very good at shooters and most of my games end with me getting completely schooled by someone who is much better at clicking heads than me

Like I guess if you go play a ton of CS:GO you can catch up because there's basically a limit to how good someone can be and you can catch up to that, but it's pretty painful and PUBG is really not a good game for getting better at shooters, you want something that involves a lot more... well, honestly, more shooting if you're trying to get really good. That said, a major problem I have translating what skills I have between shooters is that every goddamned game handles slightly differently and I don't have finely tuned enough aim to be able to really zero in where my sensitivity should be beyond "pretty drat low" so all the shooters I play aim slightly differently and I feel like I can never actually hone my poo poo because of it

In the end, play with friends. Whether you're trash or pro, PUBG is a beautiful game when shared with friends. The amount of fun I have playing solo compared duos or squads is incomparable.

Ok. I'm pretty drat good at simple shooters (DOOM, Payday 2, Destiny), but not realistic shooters like this and CS:GO. So I may be sunk.

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

Magres posted:

One problem is that the game doesn't really give you a chance to practice the gunplay. Sure you can drop somewhere that's super contested to guarantee you get some experience in early, but when you add up the time it takes to exit the game, queue up for a new one, load the map, wait out the lobby, wait until plane is over school (or whatever), parachute down, and acquire a gun, that's a hell of a long "respawn" time (especially when the game hangs when you leave, which happens almost every time to me).

It would be nice if the lobby gave you more of a chance to practice. Make it like cs:go deathmatch - you can die, but you respawn instantly, with a random loadout every time.

Playing other games only goes so far, I mean I'm decent at CS:GO but some things don't translate that well (though that might be because PUBG runs too much like dogshit for me, and doing things like rushing into occupied buildings with a shotgun only works when you can actually shoot first).

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Travic posted:

Ok. I'm pretty drat good at simple shooters (DOOM, Payday 2, Destiny), but not realistic shooters like this and CS:GO. So I may be sunk.

Play with friends and it's fun, win or lose

Not trying to turn you away from the game, but fair warning is appropriate. PUBG is a game with incredibly high highs, but has pretty frequent lows unless you're incredibly good at the game (though, again, playing with friends helps a lot). My first chicken dinner was one of the most amazing moments I've ever had in a video game, but I've also had a lot of frustrating losses.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The game needs a shooting range that you can be in alone and indefinitely.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think someone in this thread said that was being added

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Travic posted:

Don't try to win games, try to make others lose. If you end up winning, great. If not, well you know ensured someone else isn't.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Travic posted:

You'll be fine. Like someone else said, you make your own victories. Shooting out all of the tires of the sniper who gave your boss trouble, leaving them to run, boom. Victory. Did a jumping Superman-punch and one hit KO someone - victory. Doing bike flips - victory. Also play squads, yeah.

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

CitizenKain posted:

Don't try to win games, try to make others lose. If you end up winning, great. If not, well you know ensured someone else isn't.
Haha I like this, more than once I've been in a situation I know I will not win, so I've pulled out a frag and managed to take out someone just after they've killed me.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I threw a frag up a hill, thought i got it to the other side safely.

It rolled down and killed my friend.

#winning?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Also keep in mind this is a game where even when you get better at it, you don't really feel like you're improving because it will keep moving you up in the rankings and matching accordingly.

I sometimes wonder why I'm playing like poo poo all of a sudden and then the leaderboards reset and I feel like an invincible god for a couple of matches.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Despite having no evidence at all, I firmly believe that there is no such thing as matchmaking in this game. It just lumps you in with whoever else clicks play at the same time.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Odobenidae posted:

Despite having no evidence at all, I firmly believe that there is no such thing as matchmaking in this game. It just lumps you in with whoever else clicks play at the same time.

Yeah I kinda agree, I feel if this game had proper matchmaking then I would get put in games with other people who are total potatoes like me

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
There is some resemblance of basic match-making for sure, which is why I can jump on Asia and NA a week after every reset and log a 20 kill game without breaking a sweat. It does seem to heavily favour speed over tight MMR groupings though.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Magres posted:

Play with friends and it's fun, win or lose

Pretty much this. I went try hard in solo for a week and had some fun but mostly got frustrated.

Qued up with 3 buddies the past few days and the fun rocketed way up.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Magres posted:

Yeah I kinda agree, I feel if this game had proper matchmaking then I would get put in games with other people who are total potatoes like me

Have you considered that you might be a rare strain of super potato?

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
Huh, apparently Dr. Disrespect cheated on his wife and is taking some time off, complete with a tearful public breakdown on stream.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Grimwall posted:

Huh, apparently Dr. Disrespect cheated on his wife and is taking some time off, complete with a tearful public breakdown on stream.

That trending gamer vote keeps picking real winners, huh

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
Yeah turns out a professional video game streamer is a huge piece of poo poo. I know, I'm surprised too.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I knew I made the right decision by just following chocotaco.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

you can't pretend to be a total douchebag as well as he did without actually being a douchebag.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

you can't pretend to be a total douchebag as well as he did without actually being a douchebag.

Either he's actually (almost) like that, or he's doing method acting. And anyone who method acts a douchebag for months straight is gonna absorb the character subconsciously and end up a douchebag. Ask any stage actress, this happens to most actors at some point.

Helter Skelter posted:

I knew I made the right decision by just following chocotaco.

Chocotaco seems like such a nice guy. Did you see the stream when he won a doubles game with one of his recurring stream snipers? Nobody who does that could possibly be a d-bag in real life. From page 530:

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 15, 2017

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Chocotaco seems like such a nice guy. Did you see the stream when he won a doubles game with one of his recurring stream snipers? Nobody who does that could possibly be a d-bag in real life. From page 530:

Does Chocotaco still post here? I remember them registering

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think the ironic rear end in a top hat attitude here ran him off

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I think the ironic rear end in a top hat attitude here ran him off

He is too good for us.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

relationship integrity isn't really a factor in deciding who I watch click heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

EDIT: Yeah it was a new thing. Here is the changelog for the test server's update today.

quote:

Lobby

Added Replays menu
Added replay function which can record up to 1km around the character
Please enable the replay saving in Options before you enter a match
When the game ends, the replay will be saved and can be played on “Lobby – Replays” menu
Up to 20 replays can be saved. They will be automatically deleted in the oldest order when the number exceeds 20
Control Guide
J: Time line ON / OFF (Player can move to desired time, pause)
P: Pause
↑, ↓: Play speed change
B: Back to own character
W, A, S, D: Camera move
E, Q: Camera height change
Holding Shift, Ctrl: Camera move speed change
TAB: Open the player list (If you click the ID, camera moves to that player’s view)
V or LMB: Observing camera (You can see the view of the selected player)
C or RMB: Following camera (The camera follows selected player and you can control the camera angles and zoom)
F or SPACE: Free camera (Move to the camera view which can freely move on the map)
L: Open the battle list (You can check engagements with and around the currently selected player)
M: Map (If you LMB click the player’s icon on the map, you can move to the observing camera of the selected player. If you RMB click any empty area of the map, you can move to the free camera at that position)

Gameplay

Adjusted the size of Miramar’s first blue zone, considering it was relatively large
Win94
Bullet loops can now be attached to Win94
Added red tip for Win94 ironsights for easier aiming
Increased the zoom level on Win94 in ADS while holding breath
Increased recoil
Increased the drag effect on Kar98k
Increased slightly the drag effect and reduced base damage of M24 by about 2%
Decreased duration of camera shake while firing Vector (Vector should now be slightly easier to handle while shooting)
The size of blood particle effects has been toned down at greater distance

UI/UX

Added two new keybindings to enable toggle/hold action for Aiming and ADS on separate keys

Animation

Added a new animation for Win94. Its lever action is now about 30% faster

Items

Adjusted item spawn rate of Miramar to better optimize for Miramar area

Vehicles

Increased the fuel efficiency of Pickup
Adjusted the front skin of Aquarail

World

Removed rainy and foggy weather from Erangel (Test server only)
Road signs in Miramar are now breakable when hit with vehicles

Sound

Reduced BGM volume in lobby
Reduced the volume of window breaking sound effect
Added a sound effect for road sign breaking
Lowered the reverb for the character’s voice when getting hit indoors
Adjusted the short distance volume of Pickup and Buggy

Bug Fixes

Fixed the issue where trying to aim while freelooking would produce an undesired visual effect
Fixed the issue where the Kar98k thumbnail in inventory screen had magazine clip in view
Fixed the issue where in parachute or plane in FPP mode, there was a viewing angle limit applied
Fixed the issue where the SKS did not have gun sway
Fixed the issue where the motorbike and buggy would slide down when parked on a slope
Fixed the issue where the report button would appear at the battle result screen even when player had won the game
Fixed the issue where a player could climb up on a blocked off floor of a particular building in Military Base
Killcam
Fixed the issue where a character was not visible or sound came first when killcam was played
Fixed the issue where if a character was more than 400m away, they seemed to be shooting through a closed door even when the door was open
Fixed the issue where the camera would show the inside of a character’s face
Fixed the issue where when the inventory was full, player could not drop or replace AR quickdraw magazines

owls or something fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 15, 2017

• Locked thread