Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Alfalfa posted:

The top 4 experts at FP are telling me it's Mike Davis time baby!!!

Part of me thinks that doubling up on Murray/McKinnon against the trash Bengals could work but Davis is probably still the safer play. He's a good bet for scrimmage yards against the Rams even if he doesn't find the end zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Tiptoes posted:

Part of me thinks that doubling up on Murray/McKinnon against the trash Bengals could work but Davis is probably still the safer play. He's a good bet for scrimmage yards against the Rams even if he doesn't find the end zone.

2 weeks ago I clinched the #2 seed in my league rolling out pretty much an all purple line-up.

Keenum, Murray, McKinnon, & Rudolph

Same week Smith nearly equals their total points scored by himself (on my bench) lol.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Facing Fournette in both of my semi finals this week. Considering grabbing Ivory or Yeldon to block my opponents from Fournette's potential replacement. Who would you grab? Ivory? One is PPR and the other is 0.5

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Facing Fournette in both of my semi finals this week. Considering grabbing Ivory or Yeldon to block my opponents from Fournette's potential replacement. Who would you grab? Ivory? One is PPR and the other is 0.5

Coin flip. Who scored the most points the other 2 weeks he sat out?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Didn’t Fournette say today that he’s fine?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

Didn’t Fournette say today that he’s fine?

He said he played through the quad issue last week and that he's playing. Said ankle was fine.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

He said it shouldn't prevent him from playing but he still hasn't practiced this week. Don't really trust a player saying they're fine. I think he'll play but there's a non-zero chance he doesn't.

Ray Milkbringer
Sep 7, 2008

Damn fool, I knew that you were gonna say that.
Hey guys. The fantasy playoffs have begun and I'm just trying to get another opinion on my lineup. Is this the team I should play? I'm mostly just wondering about my flex. Not sure what to think of Gore after a short week and being banged up. Thinking about Rod Smith...what do you guys think?

Ray Milkbringer fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 15, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ray Milkbringer posted:

Hey guys. The fantasy playoffs have begun and I'm just trying to get another opinion on my lineup. Is this the team I should play? I'm mostly just wondering about my flex. Not sure what to think of Gore after a short week and being banged up. Thinking about Rod Smith...what do you guys think?

I'd play Burkhead over R. Smith and probably over Gore this week as well.

I'd also look to play a higher floor guy over Juju since he has a bum hamstring that has been hindering him these last few weeks.

Ray Milkbringer
Sep 7, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

I'd play Burkhead over R. Smith and probably over Gore this week as well.

I'd also look to play a higher floor guy over Juju since he has a bum hamstring that has been hindering him these last few weeks.

Thanks for this. You'd play Burkhead even with Brady and Cooks rostered?

And Robert Woods is really my only WR option at this point besides Juju, and he is also coming off an injury (may not even play). Roll with woods?

Ray Milkbringer fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 15, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Coin flip. Who scored the most points the other 2 weeks he sat out?

Therein lies Fournette’s Conundrum:

.5 ppr

Week 7: Yeldon 20.7, Ivory 8.7
bye
Week 9: Yeldon 4.2, Ivory 11.9

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Ray Milkbringer posted:

Thanks for this. You'd play Burkhead even with Brady and Cooks rostered?

And Robert Woods is really my only WR option at this point besides Juju, and he is also coming off an injury (may not even play). Roll with woods?
I wouldn't be worried about playing too many Pats against the Steelers. Cooks and Burkhead score in different ways; Cooks' value comes from downfield passing and Burkhead's is from red zone touches. That game ought to have one of the highest point totals of the week and Brady always plays well against the Steelers so I think everyone should fire up their Pats this week.

And the concerns about Juju are legitimate. I would play Woods over him. Pats CBs have the size to match up with Juju and Bryant. Brown will likely see a lot of Malcolm Butler with Stephon Gilmore tasked with eliminating whoever is playing opposite him and we'll probably see a lot of Eric Rowe as the third CB. I think Gilmore will win a lot more than he loses in this one so I'm not optimistic about the secondary WRs in this one. Woods was really coming through for the Rams before his injury and while I would rather play Kupp than Woods this week, the Rams will probably be playing with their foot on the gas against the Seahawks so there's plenty of upside for the Rams skill players.

Ray Milkbringer
Sep 7, 2008

Tiptoes posted:

I wouldn't be worried about playing too many Pats against the Steelers. Cooks and Burkhead score in different ways; Cooks' value comes from downfield passing and Burkhead's is from red zone touches. That game ought to have one of the highest point totals of the week and Brady always plays well against the Steelers so I think everyone should fire up their Pats this week.

And the concerns about Juju are legitimate. I would play Woods over him. Pats CBs have the size to match up with Juju and Bryant. Brown will likely see a lot of Malcolm Butler with Stephon Gilmore tasked with eliminating whoever is playing opposite him and we'll probably see a lot of Eric Rowe as the third CB. I think Gilmore will win a lot more than he loses in this one so I'm not optimistic about the secondary WRs in this one. Woods was really coming through for the Rams before his injury and while I would rather play Kupp than Woods this week, the Rams will probably be playing with their foot on the gas against the Seahawks so there's plenty of upside for the Rams skill players.

This is the answer I was looking for. Thanks bud!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yeldon. Chris Ivory is 29 and not good. Yeldon is young and reasonably okay

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Any Lions fans have insight on Stafford's outlook? I feel like Cousins is barely surviving behind a team that's coasting and I am looking for alternatives.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol matt berry is a harasser

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

:wal::stat:yeah he harasses my ears every time I hear him talk

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Berry, who was also auditioning for ESPN at the time, went on the strip club outing where he was photographed pointing at Sterger’s breasts.

The trip to the strip club “was not a smart decision, and I regret going,” Berry told the Globe. He also called the photo embarrassing.

Per Yahoo.

Maybe more details will surface, but this seems pretty tame. Not necessarily above repercussion, but still not as glaring as the many other accusations which have surfaced this week.

Jenn Sterger was the recipient of the Brett Favre dick picks.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 15, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

IcePhoenix posted:

:wal::stat:yeah he harasses my ears every time I hear him talk

lmbo

but for real I consume almost an inhuman amount of fantasy football content and I can't bring myself to touch his podcast or sunday morning show anymore

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

lmbo

but for real I consume almost an inhuman amount of fantasy football content and I can't bring myself to touch his podcast or sunday morning show anymore

:same:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oh yeah, Berry's hard to handle. That happens with people who illuminate the human condition in a facts-dominated field: Burn bright, die quick.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Berry, who was also auditioning for ESPN at the time, went on the strip club outing where he was photographed pointing at Sterger’s breasts.

The trip to the strip club “was not a smart decision, and I regret going,” Berry told the Globe. He also called the photo embarrassing.

Per Yahoo.

Rereading this, it was during his audition for ESPN. Kinda supports the "boys club" mentality if people who aren't even with the company yet have to go to strip clubs.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
IDPers

Check out Matt Milano, who just won a starting LB position on the Bills...possibly over Humber. A decent streaming option this week and one I'm using because my boy KJ Wright is concussed.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Well looks like I’m going to be rolling out a mix of volume/trash RB’s in my semi-final matchup.

Why did DJ & Cook have to go and forsake me.

Rolling out:
Hunt
Davis (yes Mike)
Murray (Lactavius)

With K. Williams and Gallman on the bench lol.

Now with AP being on IR I’m tempted to look at Williams.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What site is good for idp? Fantasypros just has roughly the same top 10 every position all year and i had no idea who desmond king was and he's been amazing

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
If JuJu can't play (hamstring), do I pick up:

Tyrell Williams @KC
Dontrelle Inman @DET
Zay Jones vs. MIA
Ryan Grant vs. ARI
Tyler Lockett vs. LAR
Keelan Cole vs. HOU

0ppr standard

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Liquid Banjo posted:

If JuJu can't play (hamstring), do I pick up:

Tyrell Williams @KC
Dontrelle Inman @DET
Zay Jones vs. MIA
Ryan Grant vs. ARI
Tyler Lockett vs. LAR
Keelan Cole vs. HOU

0ppr standard

Eesh

T Will or K. Cole

I’d lean Williams since I predict the Chargers to actually pass in their game script while Jax shouldn’t have to one bit.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I’m playing Dede over Cooks this weekend, Godspeed you crazy-eyed Jaguar

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

What site is good for idp? Fantasypros just has roughly the same top 10 every position all year and i had no idea who desmond king was and he's been amazing

It all depends on your scoring. Tackle heavy, passes defensed, interceptions, QB pressures....

If it's MFL just go to Reports->Player->My Top Performers and Free Agents

Then sort by position and then week 10-14 or whatever to see who has been hot lately or sort however you want.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

the_american_dream posted:

The IDP Guru is awesome, check out his site and twitter feed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shoutout to my (I think goon) opponent in one league for sitting CJ Anderson last night with McKinnon and Gio in his starting lineup.

Shoutout to me for not checking the waiver wire after the JuJu news broke yesterday and leaving CJ Anderson as an FA when I could have had his 30 points (RBs/WRs get a hefty bonus if they hit 100 yards in this league) in my flex spot

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shoutout to Denver defense not giving my opponent the points he expected

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Fournette with another DNP

e: Just realized my one opponent is actually benching Mike Evans this week, but he'll probably be the guy that gets slotted in to replace Fournette if he doesn't play. Can't wait for the Mike Evans blowup week.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

He's making my kamara/hunt/fournette trio in multiple leagues start v sit very easy.

Thank u lenny 4 nets

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Fournette with another DNP

e: Just realized my one opponent is actually benching Mike Evans this week, but he'll probably be the guy that gets slotted in to replace Fournette if he doesn't play. Can't wait for the Mike Evans blowup week.

Lol this is probably what I'm going to have to do, so don't worry. Evans won't do poo poo.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
So do I pick up Ivory AND Yeldon to block my opponent? I am set at RB and have Elliott coming back in week 16.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Lol this is probably what I'm going to have to do, so don't worry. Evans won't do poo poo.

Evans has already cost me a top seeded bye and a playoff win in 2 leagues.

I'm looking forward to having him be the reason I get eliminated from another league (by playing him) this week as well.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Sweeper posted:

I’m playing Dede over Cooks this weekend, Godspeed you crazy-eyed Jaguar
This is bold and I like it. Although I do think Cooks will be a hit this week so he might be worth considering over someone else depending on your lineup.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Rudolph out again today, for those rostering him. Looking doubtful for Sunday so make moves as appropriate.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

illcendiary posted:

Rudolph out again today, for those rostering him. Looking doubtful for Sunday so make moves as appropriate.

Welp...

Davis, Witten, Olsen, Brate, Kroft, or Howard?

Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

illcendiary posted:

Anyone think Diggs (or Thielen for that matter) get a slight upgrade with Rudolph out? Feels like Rudolph has been getting a ton of red zone looks lately.

• Locked thread