Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Converting items into glamours sounds a bit like a glamour log is in but it'll probably be strangely limited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Mentioning net neutrality is an automatic 10 minute ban in the live letter chat.

Now people are mentioning it without getting banned, I have no idea what I did.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Dec 15, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How ridiculous.

I go to chats about video games to discuss all political matters with well informed individuals. Guess I'll just have to go to twitch chat and ask some PUBG player what he thinks about it, assuming I can get noticed between all the TriHards and CmonBruhs in chat because that's a rap song on because Twitch doesn't deal with racism.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I literally have no idea how any even follows twitch chat, let alone talks in it.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

The highest viewcount chat that I can follow is loving Chess Network, anything bigger than that is a mess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's just a cesspool of trolling, racism, -phobia's of all flavours and can be safely minimised without missing anything if for any reason it wasn't already folded away.

There's nothing valuable to read there.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Replay looks neat, it seems especially helpful for raiders.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Looking forward to the men farm.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's just a cesspool of trolling, racism, -phobia's of all flavours and can be safely minimised without missing anything if for any reason it wasn't already folded away.

The one I mentioned actually has legitimately good chat but the chat for any popular stream is always unreadable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 15, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Idk what I'm reading. So like if I glamour X item over the top of Y item, X Item is gone for good? Or is it X item is permanently a glamour item

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Permanently a glamour item.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
But there is a limit of 200 glamour items, so if you need to delete some to make room, you'll have to obtain the original items again.

This is why the youtube stream is better. The chat is disabled, and the stream itself is better quality.

x1o fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 15, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Basically, you sacrifice an item to glamour into your glamour machine in an inn room (they're trying to make this accessible outside later)
After you do that, you can use it in your ensemble.
Ensembles can be swapped on the fly without a cost in cities/housing areas/inns. They save dye data individually.

So basically, you can clear your inventory space of most things you're saving. Wouldn't recommend putting in your latest stage relic items personally though, only replicas.
I believe this should fix the roles all look the same problem for example. You could have an edgy DRK set and a PLD one and swap between them when you choose the job, might even be able to macro that I guess?

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 15, 2017

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
New glamour system woefully inadequate, but as long as I can still glam the old way, it'll be fine. The second I have to delete a glam to make room though... :argh:

Job specific glams are neat though, time go reacquire/acquire for the first time the cool crafter AF.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
So with the stackable limit being increased to 999, I hope everyone enjoys the marketboard only having stacks of 999 when you only want 1 drat item.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

quote:

We'll be making adjustments to the main scenario dungeons, so that new players can enjoy them without worrying. It may extend the duration of the dungeon; however, we have increased the rewards as well.

This sounds like they're adding more barriers to prevent big pulls.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

70 new inventory slots courtesy of a chocobo bag.
if you want to use the item, you need to take it out first.

Hommando posted:

This sounds like they're adding more barriers to prevent big pulls.

From the sound of it, it's something that basically means you can't progress until cutscenes have done.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Wow, that glamour system is bad. I guess it'll free up my retainer for maybe a month until I fill the chest up.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Wow, that glamour system is bad. I guess it'll free up my retainer for maybe a month until I fill the chest up.

It sounds like you can still glamour the old fashioned way. I know the main thing I'll be using this for is fixing up Glamour overlap.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Maguoob posted:

So with the stackable limit being increased to 999, I hope everyone enjoys the marketboard only having stacks of 999 when you only want 1 drat item.

Sheeeeit, are you kidding me? That's how I make most of my money on the AH, buying large stacks and breaking them up with a markup.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There aren't even 200 pieces of good looking equipment in the game tbh.

Anyway, this bribe for sitting through a cutscene run of MSroo needs to be like 500,000 gil and instant tome cap.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Yeah it's not great. Parts of it are good, and if it can be expanded on, great, but it doesn't really do anything to address my primary concern with glamouring in this game (which, as always, is storage space). The extra 200 isn't enough to let me start collecting glams for alt jobs, for example. Although it may make enough room for crafter and gatherer glams.

The chocobo saddlebags also seem real god drat stupid. Why not just give me 60 more regular inventory spaces? Still, I look forward to loading my saddlebags with 999 stacks of all the drat fishing bait.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

There aren't even 200 pieces of good looking equipment in the game tbh.

Anyway, this bribe for sitting through a cutscene run of MSroo needs to be like 500,000 gil and instant tome cap.

There's like 35 shisuikini pieces alone!

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

From the sound of it, it's something that basically means you can't progress until cutscenes have done.

Yeah, I read that wrong, I thought it meant all mandatory dungeons in the main scenario. I am going to dread having to do MSQ roulette.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Any word on whether or not this new glam system will ignore class/job restrictions? Will my dream of being able to tank in full WVR AF1 gear finally come true?

Anyways i'm planning to save my precious 200 slots for gear that is both difficult to obtain and also looks good. Everything else goes in the bin.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah it's not great. Parts of it are good, and if it can be expanded on, great, but it doesn't really do anything to address my primary concern with glamouring in this game (which, as always, is storage space). The extra 200 isn't enough to let me start collecting glams for alt jobs, for example. Although it may make enough room for crafter and gatherer glams.

The chocobo saddlebags also seem real god drat stupid. Why not just give me 60 more regular inventory spaces? Still, I look forward to loading my saddlebags with 999 stacks of all the drat fishing bait.

They've mentioned before that the increase of inventory they did with SB was already a strain on resources, presumably this is less so.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They won't get rid of class restrictions on gear ever.

The saddle bag items become non-usable in any way until you take it out, which probably has some significance to it and I'd assume it's only accessible when your chocobo is out, so it'll store things like a retainer does.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Hunter Noventa posted:

They've mentioned before that the increase of inventory they did with SB was already a strain on resources, presumably this is less so.

Yeah, those new slots are tied to your chocobo because they found the space in the database there. (((1.0 limitations)))

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

The saddle bag items become non-usable in any way until you take it out, which probably has some significance to it and I'd assume it's only accessible when your chocobo is out, so it'll store things like a retainer does.

It's inventory space they don't need to keep track of in duties, so it's less data the instance server needs to concern itself with.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good point, yah

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

70 new inventory slots courtesy of a chocobo bag.
if you want to use the item, you need to take it out first.

Sounds great to me

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Sade posted:

Am I living the dream yet?! :smithicide:

FIFTEEN MINUTES for exdeath normal. I just wanted to get my WHM some quick gear...???

Average deaths per person in this group was about 3, by the way. The other tank and I are the only ones that didn't die

I am curious on how that SMN even managed to have DPS that low. Like, even slapping on a DOT every so often would get you higher than that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

MechaX posted:

I am curious on how that SMN even managed to have DPS that low. Like, even slapping on a DOT every so often would get you higher than that.

Can't dps if you ain't alive (and then pretend I put that meme of that guy pointing to his head here)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

With the way Fate credit works and how the bears throw it is basically luck if you get any tokens right now since the one Fate for it is massively overcrowded. This is annoying because I just wanted two presents to get the advertisement (I hang them up in my apartment).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I have to assume that the old glamour method will still work because if it doesn't then all the vet rewards and old holiday gear that you can put in the armoire would suddenly become completely useless outside of RP outfits in town.

At least my glamour retainer will be happy!

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 15, 2017

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Can't you just trash event gear into your commode and then reuse as required? Or did I misunderstand the feature?

Apart from having to trash items with actual market value the new glamour system sounds a lot better. My retainer pockets are full of glam I've hoarded "just in case" and having a skin library created out of it sounds the ideal solution.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can't put armoire gear into the commode. You'll be able to glamour the armoire items in the old way for certain.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Stars and Explosions and Bears, Oh My

They are so freaking cute too!

E: oh cool, it's just like the all saints wake from a few years ago from when I started playing

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
At least you'll be hopefully be able to commodify the Amazon Gear.