Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I remember the sex crimes but I don't remember what Overcooked had to do with it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

nerdz posted:

My main issue with gungeon is how slow it is and how you spend 90% of the play time with the pea-shooter unless you get a good (very rare) drop. That strategy just makes things worse for me.

I am still holding out hope that AG&D will fix that based on what the devs have said.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

MMF Freeway posted:

I remember the sex crimes but I don't remember what Overcooked had to do with it...

He had a twitter meltdown about Overcooked which is what led to all the poo poo coming out.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Burnout Paradise?

That would be loving rad

Also I traded my copy of XC2 for Mario Kart on craigslist and I'm 100% sure I came out ahead

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Instead of Paradise they should remake one of the good Burnout games.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Shredder posted:

Also I traded my copy of XC2 for Mario Kart on craigslist and I'm 100% sure I came out ahead

Mario Kart is extremely chill and rad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

njsykora posted:

3 was goddamned perfect.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Need for Speed Underground 2 needs a switch port.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rolo posted:

Mario Kart is lacking in anime titties, but at least you have Rosalina Wario on a bike

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Silly Snipperclips question, the trailer for the dlc mentioned you can replay all the original levels with random/new shapes. Does that feature need to be unlocked or something first? i aint seeing it

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Anyone get the feeling that the Joy-cons feel really flimsy and lovely. Given this was a demo I picked up at Gamestop.

I'm debating on replacing my PS4 Pro with Switch because I got a 1080GTX and almost every game I play on PS4 gets a PC release these days.

I miss Nintendo stuff but I have reservations about buying this console and all the "accessories" I need. The only games out that I haven't played but would like to are Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. It does look like a super great platform for playing those multiplatform release games (Gungeon/Issac etc..).

I'm also a huge Pokemon fan and I guess Nintendo 2DS XL and family are dead now since they're apparently not releasing Pokemon games on the handhelds anymore.

I just don't want to go through the whole process of selling off my PS4 and Vita only to regret this purchase.

I'm not trying to take shots at the console, it definitely looks great I am just trying to figure out if the poo poo I am worrying about is worth worrying about.

Mostly my concerns are joy-cons feel flimsy as poo poo and the line-up is pretty thin, despite the entries being very quality.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

njsykora posted:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They literally released a new Pokemon game on the 3ds family of systems like a month ago and it's seen year on year growth as a platform. 3DS is nowhere near dead, much to the chagrin of many people who would rather have these games on Switch.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm right there with you drew gif guy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

theSpokeyDokey posted:

I miss Nintendo stuff but I have reservations about buying this console and all the "accessories" I need.

:confused:

You don't need any "accessories". The system comes with literally everything you need :confused:

Also the joy cons feel great to me, maybe your hand size will make it not feel great idk

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They literally released a new Pokemon game on the 3ds family of systems like a month ago and it's seen year on year growth as a platform. 3DS is nowhere near dead, much to the chagrin of many people who would rather have these games on Switch.

I can't believe that we're getting a NEW Etrain Odyssey announcement for 3DS in 2018.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if you don't care about the PS4 exclusives at all and already have a robust gaming PC then by all means go for it and sell your PS4, especially if things like Pokemons and other Nintendo stuff is important to you. If you don't like joycons, the pro controller is extremely good. Just be certain that there's absolutely nothing in this year or the next on PS4 only that you don't care about (Last of Us, GoW, Spiderman, etc)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Al Borland Corp. posted:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/10/19/ultra-sun-and-ultra-moon-will-be-the-last-pokemon-rpgs-for-3ds BOOM

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Anyone get the feeling that the Joy-cons feel really flimsy and lovely.
Nope, they're really pretty solid. Few days ago I replaced the shells on my joycons and they are impressively well-assembled. There's a ton of poo poo packed in there very tightly and nicely.

quote:

I'm debating on replacing my PS4 Pro with Switch because I got a 1080GTX and almost every game I play on PS4 gets a PC release these days.
This is totally the way to go for gaming Nirvana

quote:

I miss Nintendo stuff but I have reservations about buying this console and all the "accessories" I need.
Which accessories are you thinking of? The base Switch package comes with the dock and joycon grip. Only thing you really probably will want is a Pro controller if you play docked half or more of your time. And a case, yeah, but those are cheap.

Doooo it

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

How's the Switch port of Octodad? It's one of my favorite PC games, and the ability to play it co-op anywhere, anytime sounds amazing.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Waiting to 100% Burnout Paradise, the bad Burnout, again. :black101:

...even if... Warner? That was an EA game.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Rolo posted:

Eh. Every single racing game is the exact same thing to me. I played the original Mario Kart on SNES as a kid and loved but never felt the need to ever play another.

I'd rather go with the anime titties.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Anyone get the feeling that the Joy-cons feel really flimsy and lovely. Given this was a demo I picked up at Gamestop.

I miss Nintendo stuff but I have reservations about buying this console and all the "accessories" I need. The only games out that I haven't played but would like to are Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. It does look like a super great platform for playing those multiplatform release games (Gungeon/Issac etc..).

I'm also a huge Pokemon fan and I guess Nintendo 2DS XL and family are dead now since they're apparently not releasing Pokemon games on the handhelds anymore.

I just don't want to go through the whole process of selling off my PS4 and Vita only to regret this purchase.

I'm not trying to take shots at the console, it definitely looks great I am just trying to figure out if the poo poo I am worrying about is worth worrying about.

Mostly my concerns are joy-cons feel flimsy as poo poo and the line-up is pretty thin, despite the entries being very quality.

Just keep the loving ps4 and also buy a switch, why is this so hard

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I know, I have both of them. I heard, however, that is the last Pokemon title that will be released on that platform and the next games will be Switch only or some poo poo.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Chill Penguin posted:

Just keep the loving ps4 and also buy a switch, why is this so hard

Because I an use the sale of the PS4 to fund the switch and games so I don't have to pay out of pocket for another console.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hate to ask this question in the middle of "the joycons are fine" chat but uh, I have a problem with one of my joycons and am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

I was playing in undocked mode last night with the joycons still attached to the switch itself and I kept getting a popup that my controller was disconnecting. After a few times in 20 or so minutes it suddenly got really bad, to the point where it took me five minutes just to get to a menu to save my game so I could shut the system down. As soon as I "synced" the joycons the syncing popup would just immediately come back up. After a few times I noticed that it was flagging the left one every time. I know that on launch (and this is a launch switch) there was a problem with left joycons being used wirelessly, but is there anything about them constantly disconnecting when docked to the switch itself? The popup said they were both full battery, and it hadn't been undocked for more than an hour or so by the time I finally managed to shut it down.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Manky posted:

Nope, they're really pretty solid. Few days ago I replaced the shells on my joycons and they are impressively well-assembled. There's a ton of poo poo packed in there very tightly and nicely.

This is totally the way to go for gaming Nirvana

Which accessories are you thinking of? The base Switch package comes with the dock and joycon grip. Only thing you really probably will want is a Pro controller if you play docked half or more of your time. And a case, yeah, but those are cheap.

Doooo it

The accessories I was thinking of were like, the good grip that charges the joy-cons, screen protector, extended battery doodad, pro controller and so on.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

theSpokeyDokey posted:

The accessories I was thinking of were like, the good grip that charges the joy-cons, screen protector, extended battery doodad, pro controller and so on.

you need literally none of those things except maybe the pro controller if you really like it i guess.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Because I an use the sale of the PS4 to fund the switch and games so I don't have to pay out of pocket for another console.

yeah but having both is better

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

theSpokeyDokey posted:

The proper Master Gamer loadout is PC, PS4, and the Switch.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My secret shame is I've played hundreds of hours of MK since SNES and have never touched any of the Battle modes. I spent more time beating the staff ghost on MK8DX for Mount Wario (maybe 15 minutes) than I've spent lifetime across all games in Battle Mode.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

empathe posted:

The proper Master Gamer loadout is PC, PS4, and the Switch.

I supposed I could just sell the Vita and have enough for a switch. BUT I NEED THAT SCREEN PROTECTOR. I take really good care of my stuff and I would lose my poo poo if the screen got scratched so I like to eliminate the possibility entirely. Also the pro controller is probably a must if I am gonna keep it on my desk connected to my streaming PC, but I have to give the Joy-cons an extended use test to see how comfortable they are during longer play sessions.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

sell ps4 pro and vita, buy used ps4 slim and a switch, crisis averted jeez

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

theSpokeyDokey posted:

The charging grip sucks you don't want one. It's just like the normal grip except it has a USBC port to charge and costs way more for some reason. Just put the joycons on the system.

Don't bother with an extended battery for the switch, unless you're really going to need 5+ hours in portable mode. And if you do, probably whatever battery pack you already have for your phone will work fine.

Split joycons are fine for me in most cases but I do have pro controllers and they are very nice.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

theSpokeyDokey posted:

The charging grip is p unnecessary in my opinion, having bought one at launch :v: but especially if you get a Pro, you'll never need it. Opinion varies on screen protectors (I have not felt the need) but the good ones are cheap. For extended battery you'll want like a big power brick but no reason to jump the gun on that til you know you'll need it

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I'm right there with you drew gif guy

It still amazes me that Drew Scanlon somehow became a mainstream meme

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Real gamers sell their bodies before their consoles

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I want Mario Kart but I bought it full price and the DLC on Wii U and refuse on principal to pay full price for the Switch port, but it is never on sale

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Is Mummy Demastered really a bad port? I'm disappointed to hear that. I was thinking of picking it up as I liked the Wayforward games I've played and it looks appropriately Super Metroidy for my tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Shredder posted:

sell ps4 pro and vita, buy used ps4 slim and a switch, crisis averted jeez

Gonna keep the Pro because I super forgot about God of War.

• Locked thread