Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zaodai posted:

When you have to earn your citizenship, I guess you want to hold onto it.

Plus the Cappies had to do something, given that their other role is just having people come take their land.

I think it's more that living under House Davion loving sucks. They come in, blow up your health care, and say "don't worry, you're free now!" and then leave you to become dirt farmers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

Strobe posted:

27,000 Mechs (this is actually higher than the Federated Commonwealth was ever able to field by probably five or six thousand)
324,000 vehicle crew
1,350,000 infantry

Keep in mind that number of (admittedly combat, no support mentioned) troops is defending a state that consists of nearly 300 planets and at least 50 billion people. New Avalon and Tharkad between them have over 14 billion people.

That looks pretty small, doesn't it, considering how great an area that protects. But I think that number doesn't include the planetary militias. Does it? And those vary in quality from "front-line troops" to "towns-folk with rifles and sticks".

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

painedforever posted:

That looks pretty small, doesn't it, considering how great an area that protects. But I think that number doesn't include the planetary militias. Does it? And those vary in quality from "front-line troops" to "towns-folk with rifles and sticks".

Not every Regiment of 'Mechs has an RCT attached to it. Assuming that all 250 'Mech Regiments have eleven supporting Regiments of armor or infantry is probably getting pretty close to planetary militias.

The answer, as with everything BattleTech, is "don't think about it." Successor State militaries would do well defending maybe half a dozen systems each, if that, given canon numbers and modern battlefield densities. Certainly not 100+.

Capellan Nationalism really did gently caress everything up.

That said, the only thing stopping any given successor state military from very rapidly unloving everything on that front is political. Kentares IV demonstrated that a determined civilian resistance is really only capable of dying by literally the millions if the aggressor doesn't give a gently caress about image.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well, unless they have a hollowed out mountain range to hunker down in.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Strobe posted:

The answer, as with everything BattleTech, is "don't think about it."

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
And other science facts (La La La!)
Just repeat to yourself it's just a show

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Strobe posted:

That said, the only thing stopping any given successor state military from very rapidly unloving everything on that front is political. Kentares IV demonstrated that a determined civilian resistance is really only capable of dying by literally the millions if the aggressor doesn't give a gently caress about image.

That, and the fact that the most common self-defense sidearm in the Inner Sphere is the sword, goes a long way toward keeping the local population ambivalent towards which government is pointing the PPC at them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Defiance Industries posted:

Well, unless they have a hollowed out mountain range to hunker down in.
I dont get this reference :(

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I dont get this reference :(

It's not a reference.

The SLDF used to build "Castles Brian" which were basically fortresses carved into mountains and used as defensive strongpoints. They weren't unassailable, but they were extremely difficult to nuke and mountains have too much mass for orbital bombardments to whittle them down much.

The NRWR stronghold in the LP is built along similar lines, albeit it's new construction.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

PoptartsNinja posted:

That, and the fact that the most common self-defense sidearm in the Inner Sphere is the sword, goes a long way toward keeping the local population ambivalent towards which government is pointing the PPC at them.

..and yet, the Mechwarrior games are all sleek glass and the occasional 20th century town, whether you're in the middle of House territory or fighting pirates on a barren rock. I want to set a renaissance fair on a fire so, so bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's not a reference.

The SLDF used to build "Castles Brian" which were basically fortresses carved into mountains and used as defensive strongpoints. They weren't unassailable, but they were extremely difficult to nuke and mountains have too much mass for orbital bombardments to whittle them down much.

The NRWR stronghold in the LP is built along similar lines, albeit it's new construction.
Ahhh gotchya, I do remember reading about those a little. Makes sense.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

thetruegentleman posted:

..and yet, the Mechwarrior games are all sleek glass and the occasional 20th century town, whether you're in the middle of House territory or fighting pirates on a barren rock. I want to set a renaissance fair on a fire so, so bad.

Skyscrapers are easier to model than yurts and when your highest native lifeform is 'amphibian' or 'fish' you probably don't need a rifle factory for hunting but still probably have a cement plant and/or tractor factory.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sadly, they didn't think to harden the sewers. :negative:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They're also leaving the front doors open because they're so busy cycling out damaged 'Mechs.

The NRWR is just as guilty of 'playing' war as the Clans and surprise surprise that actually has consequences.

VVV He wasn't the one running the show, he was just the figurehead.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 15, 2017

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Yeah, but Uncle Stevie is doing it for personal gratification at least. He's some kind of weird war-hedonist.

Or was, I guess.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's not a reference.

It was a little more specific. I was referencing Hesperus II.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

PoptartsNinja posted:

They're also leaving the front doors open because they're so busy cycling out damaged 'Mechs.

The NRWR is just as guilty of 'playing' war as the Clans and surprise surprise that actually has consequences.

Well, at least they didn't build their entire culture around it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

VVV He wasn't the one running the show, he was just the figurehead.

President Amaris does it because he's a Metal Gear Solid villain, who believes in the War Economy to keep his realm together.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Zaodai posted:

President Amaris does it because he's a Metal Gear Solid villain, who believes in the War Economy to keep his realm together.

nanomachinesOmniTech, son!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

All of the Successor States are guilty of that. Hell, without an enemy to beat up, House Kurita would've imploded into a million warring factions and starved to death when their really-good-at-killing-civilians battlemechs killed all the farmers.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

All of the Successor States are guilty of that. Hell, without an enemy to beat up, House Kurita would've imploded into a million warring factions and starved to death when their really-good-at-killing-civilians battlemechs killed all the farmers.

I thought they only do it to enemy civilians (Kentares IV). What is their excuse?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Y'know how every major or minor BattleTech noble is a colossal rear end in a top hat?

House Kurita's warlords are worse.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Duke Ricol was ok, all he wanted to do was dunk on the Grey Death Legion.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Preechr posted:

Duke Ricol was ok, all he wanted to do was dunk on the Grey Death Legion.

And really, can you blame him?

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

The Red Hunter, wasn't he weird? Like an early draft of what Battletech is supposed to be like. And it'd always be odd when he showed up later in the series, schmoozing up to Teddy the K, or involved in plots against the Nova Cats.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

BANDERSNATCH

I would alpha strike, but I need an enemy I want to shoot behind me to do that

MOVEMENT:
Run forward three hexes to Hex 2817 (3mp)
Rotate one hex facing to face Hex 2718 (1mp)
Run forward two hexes to Hex 2618 (2mp)

SHOOTING:
Fire 4 ML at the Kraken S
Fire 3 LRMs at the Kraken S
Fire 2 LBX loaded with Cluster ammo at the Kraken S

PHYSICAL:
If the Kraken ends its turn adjacent to me, kick it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There's a reason the combine is generally considered one of the Bad Guy factions, who only got to look good compared to an insane space Mongol invasion.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Xarbala posted:

There's a reason the combine is generally considered one of the Bad Guy factions, who only got to look good compared to an insane space Mongol invasion.

They're the ones responsible for Kerensky's career so really, they brought it on themselves.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Xarbala posted:

Real problem I have with the Combine is they aren’t really based on samurai era Japan so much as World War 2 Japan, which kind of puts them in inherently SEVERE bad guy territory if you recognize the source. They don’t really vary from that historically either (they’ve always been aggressive problematic nationalist jerks as far as I recall) which kind of makes them ugly when all the other nations have a nice scattering of noble leaders and scumbags in their histories. Theodore and his reforms did make for a nice bit of change/playing with that, but I was always kind of irritated that in a setting where there were a lot of greys in all the other nations the DC seemed more unambiguously bad guys at the start.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
^^^ The most sympathetic Combine characters are always the Yakuza. Which says something. I can name a handful of sympathetic Kuritans (none of them have the last name 'Kurita') and the only two who aren't Yakuza are Minobu Tetsuhara and "Mouse" Omizuki.

Just a reminder that orders are due today like normal. I'll be getting home from work in an hour give or take a few.

Edit: It's a good thing 20+ damage penalties aren't cumulative, but they probably should be.

VVV I know, it's more of a hindsight thing, I don't bring in optionals part-way through. If it had been active, someone would've eaten a base + 9 piloting test this turn (if they hadn't lost their gyro).

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 17, 2017

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: It's a good thing 20+ damage penalties aren't cumulative, but they probably should be.

There is an optional rule for that. IIRC it's in TacOps?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MadDogMike posted:

Real problem I have with the Combine is they aren’t really based on samurai era Japan so much as World War 2 Japan, which kind of puts them in inherently SEVERE bad guy territory if you recognize the source. They don’t really vary from that historically either (they’ve always been aggressive problematic nationalist jerks as far as I recall) which kind of makes them ugly when all the other nations have a nice scattering of noble leaders and scumbags in their histories. Theodore and his reforms did make for a nice bit of change/playing with that, but I was always kind of irritated that in a setting where there were a lot of greys in all the other nations the DC seemed more unambiguously bad guys at the start.

They're an angry weeb forcing everyone to participate in his cosplay fantasy at gunpoint. Actual Real Japan (tm) is centered on New Kyoto in the Lyran Commonwealth, the Combine is a literal caricature.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Defiance Industries posted:

They're an angry weeb forcing everyone to participate in his cosplay fantasy at gunpoint. Actual Real Japan (tm) is centered on New Kyoto in the Lyran Commonwealth, the Combine is a literal caricature.

New Kyoto is Best Kyoto; they also have the most wonderful ramen there, Number One in the Inner Sphere!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Snake Pit 24

The Tairakana plains were a deathtrap.

Lt. Jayesh Halloran twisted the bullet-shaped nose of his Stalker away from the beam of an extended-range Clan laser. The beam lasted a fraction of a second, but still burned a meter-long scar down his machine’s left side. He launched a flight of missiles towards the source of the beam, but at this range he’d have counted himself lucky if he even hit the ground. He grimaced as Hanzo Székely’s Shadow Hawk went down, gutted by Clan PPC fire before he’d even gotten a chance to fire his shoulder-mounted autocannon. Hanzo wasn’t the only one who had fallen, and the general advance had only just begun.

He urged the ponderous Stalker forward, pushing his ‘Mech as hard as he could over the two hundred or so meters of open territory he had to cross to take cover in the next little valley before the Clans picked him to pieces. He wasn’t going to make it. A dozen lock-on warnings lit up Halloran’s display. His right thumb hovered over the firing stud as the Stalker’s LRMs reloaded one metallic clank at a time—his left had already closed on the ejection handle. If its armor failed, the Stalker was notorious for turning into a walking bomb.

All at once the enemy locks faded to black. He’d been ignored, or overlooked as they shifted to new targets—but no, even that was wrong. Dumbfounded, he slowed to a walk, and then stopped outright. Right in the open, where everyone could see him.

The Clans had stopped shooting.

Nan-!” someone Jayesh didn’t know began in Japanese, before slipping into only moderately-accented English. “What the hell?!”

“Word from the brass,” Captain De Lang announced over the company channel. “The Hell’s Horses have just surrendered. Unconditionally.”

What the hell indeed. Halloran called up the command frequency. He was speaking before he was even sure he was broadcasting. “—Tova, they had us dead to rights. So they take a few shots just to show how hard they could’ve made things for us, and then just give up the Imperial City?”

“Something’s happened,” Captain Tova De Lang replied. “We don’t know the specifics, but it’s not just Imperial City. They’re surrendering all over Luthien. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear more. For now, we’re to proceed to Imperial City to oversee the Clan disarmament—and to keep the Dracs from gunning down the POWs.”

“Holy poo poo,” Jayesh rocked back in his command couch as if he’d taken a hit from a Gauss Rifle. “It’s like Aleksandr Kerensky came back from the dead and called them all tossers.”

Movement Phase
Von Rohrs (Player)
- Attempts to stand (5 base = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Shooting Phase
Roughneck DSI (Player)
- Fires Gauss Rifle (Clan) at Kraken (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser (Clan) at Kraken (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (15/42 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser (Clan) at Kraken: out of range!
- Fires Medium Laser at Kraken Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Magshot Gauss Rifle at Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (26/34 armor remaining)!
- Fires Magshot Gauss Rifle at Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 8): rolled 7, hit Wakizashi’s Left Arm (26/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Magshot Gauss Rifle at Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (4/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires Magshot Gauss Rifle at Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 22!

Roughneck 3A (Player)
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 36!

Bandersnatch (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Kraken (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Kraken (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Kraken (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-5 at Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires LRM-5 at Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 8): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Center Torso (27/31 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires LRM-5 at Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized - 1 cluster = 7): rolled 9, 4 submunitions hit Right Leg (14/42 armor remaining), Right Leg (13/32 armor remaining), Right Torso (16/32 armor remaining), Left Torso (3/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized - 1 cluster = 7): rolled 7, 6 submunitions hit Right Torso (15/32 armor remaining), Left Torso (2/32 armor remaining), Left Torso (1/32 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/32 armor remaining), Right Leg (12/32 armor remaining), Left Leg (16/42 armor remaining)!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Sentinel (Player)
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Kraken (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (0/32 armor, 18/21 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Kraken (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 6 heat, sinks 20!

Spider (Player)
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Kraken (4 base + 0 range + 4 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 oversized = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Kraken (4 base + 0 range + 4 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser - 1 oversized = 5): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (20/34 armor remaining)!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 23!

Von Rohrs (Player)
- Fires PPC at Kraken (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized target = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (5/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (HE) at Kraken (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized target = 9): rolled 8, 5 missiles hit Grizzly’s Left Arm (20/22 armor remaining), Center Torso (29/31 armor remaining), Left Arm (18/22 armor remaining), Left Arm (16/22 armor remaining), Center Torso (27/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (HE) at Kraken (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 bodyguard - 1 oversized target = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 32!

Kraken S (Objective, ACE)
- Fires ER PPC at Sentinel (0 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 4): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (3/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires HAG-40 at Bandersnatch (0 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 4): rolled 11, 40 pellets hit Head (4/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!)), Center Torso (18/23 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (13/23 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Arm (9/18 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/23 armor, 13/16 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (0/18 armor, 12/16 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Torso (8/16 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (7/16 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires HAG-40 at Bandersnatch (0 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 4): rolled 9, 40 pellets hit Right Arm (5/18 armor remaining), Left Torso (3/16 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Torso (14/23 armor remaining), Right Torso (9/23 armor remaining), Right Leg (11/18 armor remaining (TAC!)), Left Arm (4/18 armor remaining), Right Arm (0/18 armor remaining), Center Torso (8/23 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 32!

End Phase:
Kraken
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Double Heat Sink hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (1 base + 1 massive damage = 2): Automatic success!

Bandersnatch
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 6, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Medium Laser damaged!
- - Gyro hit!
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Gyro destroyed! 'Mech destroyed!
- - XL Engine hit!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 3, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Hip Actuator damaged!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 4, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - XL Engine hit!

Physical Combat Phase:
Spider (Player)
- Punches Kraken with Both Arms (4 base + 4 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, rolled 9, hit Left Arm (17/34 armor remaining), Head (0/3 structure remaining)! Head destroyed! ‘Mech destroyed!

Kraken (Player)
- Kicks Spider (1 base + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 kick = 4): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (0/11 armor, 0/7 structure remaining)! Leg blown off! ‘Mech destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (3/13 armor remaining)!

Map Link

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
- Enemy units are alert and aware of player positions

Primary Objectives
- Find and Destroy enemy commander (complete!)

Secondary Objectives
- Destroy Enemy BattleMechs (11/19 remaining)

After-Action Report:
This was an interesting mission to play out, it was a lot more enjoyable for me to manage even if I had almost no tactical control over the early phases of the battle. I don’t have a lot to say, but the end phases of this fight were fairly variable—if the players had rushed for the objective without engaging any of the patrollers, they’d have fought Grier and his entire star at once, which should have been a difficult but relatively even battle since they’d be fresh aside from a little incidental damage. If they engaged the patrols but didn’t lose anyone to the Timber Wolf and Hunchback in phase two, they also would have been forced to fight Grier’s bodyguards directly. If they engaged and destroyed the reinforcements star (or if the reinforcements had been called in before turn 5) they would’ve faced Grier alone.

Instead they managed to fight their way across the battlefield under very difficult circumstances and still walked away at the end with a lance of ‘Mechs. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I know someone will be curious: If either of the other battle votes had been chosen, the battle for Luthien would’ve ended in a duel between Isoroku Kurita and Grier (if the vote had gone to the Inner Sphere) or Grier and Hanse (if the vote had gone to the Hell’s Horses) instead.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

PoptartsNinja posted:

I know someone will be curious: If either of the other battle votes had been chosen, the battle for Luthien would’ve ended in a duel between Isoroku Kurita and Grier (if the vote had gone to the Inner Sphere) or Grier and Hanse (if the vote had gone to the Hell’s Horses) instead.

A single tear shed for what might have been. :(

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Strobe posted:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Surprised they stood down from their Khan dying to a melee headshot from a light mech. :thunk:

Maybe specifically because it was a light charging an Assault they respect it on some minor level? I dunno.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
:rip: Clan grandpa.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Physical Combat Phase:
Spider (Player)
- Punches Kraken with Both Arms (4 base + 4 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, rolled 9, hit Left Arm (17/34 armor remaining), Head (0/3 structure remaining)! Head destroyed! ‘Mech destroyed!

Kraken (Player)
- Kicks Spider (1 base + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 kick = 4): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (0/11 armor, 0/7 structure remaining)! Leg blown off! ‘Mech destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (3/13 armor remaining)!

That's one hell of a cross counter finish there.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Strobe posted:

On the other hand, those results probably wouldn't have resulted in Greir getting killed by a mech less than three times his weight. With a cross-counter, no less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That is the greatest punch ever thrown by a light mech.

• Locked thread