Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Taking poo poo posting to a whole new level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't know what I ate but I've been on the toilet four times already today

my hole is raw. I need a bidet

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I, too, want to make some homemade eggnog this year. Post some recipes.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmfaooooo. I just saw that this idiot who wrote and directed The Last Jedi...Rian Johnson...his claim to fame? Looper and 3 episodes of Breaking Bad. Hilarious.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I really liked Brick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pubic works project posted:

Lmfaooooo. I just saw that this idiot who wrote and directed The Last Jedi...Rian Johnson...his claim to fame? Looper and 3 episodes of Breaking Bad. Hilarious.

can't tell how many layers of irony are going on here

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
And also Rian Johnson was given a whole star wars trilogy to direct so

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I thought Looper was a really cool movie

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he also directed an episode of Terriers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why aren't there any hot new directors these days? Also never let someone direct a big film unless they've got tons and tons of experience, thanks

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

seiferguy posted:

I, too, want to make some homemade eggnog this year. Post some recipes.

:same:

Think I'm going to give this one a go...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/57028/amazingly-good-eggnog/

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Brothers Bloom isn't a good movie per se but I found it endearing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

Why aren't there any hot new directors these days? Also never let someone direct a big film unless they've got tons and tons of experience, thanks

They're all sex pests

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Cash Monet posted:

I'm gonna try to make homemade eggnog this weekend, RIP stomach.

Homemade eggnog is delicious.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/eggnog-recipe2-2013745

without the whites, cooked version.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Intruder posted:

Ryan Coogler hasn't made a bad film yet

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

The second and third tier studio movie has basically disappeared so everyone but the old prestige directors need work and take up the few modest budget opportunities that do exist, leaving the young indie directors very few opportunities to break in.

So now they fight to do tv shows.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Looper is cool but I got bored at the end.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/941710865467871232

ahahahahahahaha

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

Patty Jenkins
Taika Waititi
Edgar Wright

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Simpsons did it

swickles posted:

Patty Jenkins
Taika Waititi
Edgar Wright

It was a joke to make a point

Also if you want to go the "Rian Johnson shouldn't have gotten a huge blockbuster movie to direct because of a thin resume" route Patty Jenkins wouldn't have gotten Wonder Woman

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

pubic works project posted:

those were all good things tho

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Intruder posted:

blade runner guy is gonna do dune and maybe the next bond movie

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If you want good original filmmakers and films you gotta go foreign

I know, "I only watch foreign films" is a big snobby cliche but most of American film is so high budget that they are incapable of taking the risks smaller international studios can take. If you are putting at least ~50 million into a movie you are gonna want a guaranteed return.

There is a reason why so many international filmmakers are getting hired to do big budget American movies, its because they are coming from the only environment right now where you can make a name for yourself on original ideas.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kinda weird to reconcile this with her nonsense clash of civilizations beliefs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I want to see that Chinese action movie where the hero is protecting his hometown from a squad of American murder machines and the plot is basically that they're insanely good at butchering people and the hero spends the movie just trying to protect and rescue people from them.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

I want to see that Chinese action movie where the hero is protecting his hometown from a squad of American murder machines and the plot is basically that they're insanely good at butchering people and the hero spends the movie just trying to protect and rescue people from them.

White Dawn

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Virtually all of them are empty nesters, so thankfully they're at least practicing the long form white genocide we hunger for.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The guy who they were gonna have direct the next Star Wars movie, the guy who made Jurassic World, made a movie so bad this year that Disney said "actually know what, nah."

The Book of Henry is some wild poo poo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alaois posted:

The Book of Henry is some wild poo poo

The Book of Henry should have been directed by Wes Anderson

EDIT: It just occured to me Disney has fired three different young directors from three different Star Wars films

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 15, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I've been laughing at this tweet for a while

https://twitter.com/hoennzollern/status/872998184339091457

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Man, working from home and dealing with dogs is so much better than working from work and dealing with humans :allears:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

hifi posted:

blade runner guy is gonna do dune and maybe the next bond movie

I would watch the gently caress out of a Dune movie with the same aesthetic as BR2049. No I have not seen the 1984 Dune movie.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Intruder posted:

It was a joke to make a point

This was clear so it's funny seeing all the people tripping on their dick to respond genuinely

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Besides, I thought she had a happy family life and a son playing for the Dodgers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

3 DONG HORSE posted:

This is gonna be me when I go back to Santa Barbara for an alumni weekend

It takes a lot to get banned from IV Deli Mart bud

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 minutes!

weird Asian candy posted:

Man, working from home and dealing with dogs is so much better than working from work and dealing with humans :allears:

Hell yeah! Although I'm in the office the next few days until I move back to LA next weekend. Miss my dogge already :(

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 minutes!

Spoeank posted:

It takes a lot to get banned from IV Deli Mart bud

Whoa there buddy. I may have been banned from a couple bars downtown but I would never desecrate a holy place

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Good god

https://twitter.com/therickwilson/status/941721976430723072

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

I've been laughing at this tweet for a while

https://twitter.com/hoennzollern/status/872998184339091457

The British election stuff is so good.

Like the major districts like that one have the podium set up way on one side of the stage because all the other clowncar candidates are also on stage but they want to keep them offscreen.

Lord Buckethead will one day reign supreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just saw the Last Jedi. If the Patriots get blown out on Sunday and Tom Brady dies on the field that would be only the second most disappointing thing to happen this weekend.

Is this you?
https://twitter.com/carson_juhl/status/941531918222454785

• Locked thread