Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If the scandals have seeped in to the culinary world, then holy poo poo is the list about to get much, much longer. Everyone knows how awful kitchens are and you can only imagine what isn’t public knowledge. Yet.

My friend worked under Mario Batelli and said he was a prick, so no surprise about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There was a popular book a few years ago called Heat that's all about working for Mario Batali and yeah someone that runs an empire of restaurants in NYC has to be a prick to make it that far.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You can be a prick without being a sex pest

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Power corrupts you man. But times change and these guys just need to be cleaned out.

I also read a rumor about how the NYT or Washington Post are about to drop a bombshell story about like 40 people in congress are going to be named as sexual harassers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A fee years ago I would have said Congressman were above the law. But now, let's hope they get tossed on the fire same as everyone else.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah this had to happen at some point and hopefully going forward it'll scare dudes into behaving correctly, I just wish this had happened oh say in 1970 because it sucks to learn how many guys you thought were decent aren't

It's odd for me because, and maybe this is because I have a lot of gay and female friends and don't hang around with the macho dude set, and that all my bosses have been women, but this kind of behavior is just bizarre to me. Like, how do you think any of it is ok?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

A fee years ago I would have said Congressman were above the law. But now, let's hope they get tossed on the fire same as everyone else.

Republican congressmen are still above the law for the most part. Except that guy who jumped off a bridge I guess.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He actually shot himself with a gun

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

On a bridge.

Which should not be emulated. That would screw up traffic pretty bad. Please blow your brains out at home, republican congressmen sex monsters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Bud didn't hurt ladies, he just took money.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mu Zeta posted:

Power corrupts you man. But times change and these guys just need to be cleaned out.

I also read a rumor about how the NYT or Washington Post are about to drop a bombshell story about like 40 people in congress are going to be named as sexual harassers.

If the UK is any guide then people will be angry for a like a week and Congress will shrug and go 'what'cha gonna do?' and nothing of substance will happen

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

ABC today revealed that the nine-episode Roseanne revival will officially debut Tuesday, March 27 at 8 p.m. ET with an hourlong premiere, per Variety. It’ll keep that 8 p.m. time slot the following week, but return to its normal half-hour episodes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So is Dan alive or not

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zoux posted:

So is Dan alive or not

Yes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vile necromancy!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ignoring the last season like Will and Grace did.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

GreenNight posted:

ABC today revealed that the nine-episode Roseanne revival will officially debut Tuesday, March 27 at 8 p.m. ET with an hourlong premiere, per Variety. It’ll keep that 8 p.m. time slot the following week, but return to its normal half-hour episodes

I use to be a big fan of Roseanne, but she is completely unhinged as a right wing fanatic now. So gently caress her and I hope her show bombs.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey folks, how do compare Crazy Ex-Girlfriend seasons to each other? I binged through S1 in like 3 days, and it was amazing all the way, but now I'm 4 eps into S2 and it's significantly less fun. It feels like people are just being horrible each other for now reason. Like, I get that they're all fundamentally broken people, but all the development they've gone through in season 1 feels like it just didn't happen. The drama is forced, the jokes aren't quite as funny, and it relies more and more on cringey stuff that I find really grating when there's too much of it. Does it get good again?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Dancer posted:

Hey folks, how do compare Crazy Ex-Girlfriend seasons to each other? I binged through S1 in like 3 days, and it was amazing all the way, but now I'm 4 eps into S2 and it's significantly less fun. It feels like people are just being horrible each other for now reason. Like, I get that they're all fundamentally broken people, but all the development they've gone through in season 1 feels like it just didn't happen. The drama is forced, the jokes aren't quite as funny, and it relies more and more on cringey stuff that I find really grating when there's too much of it. Does it get good again?

S2 goes through more significant character development than S1 imo. If you're wondering to yourself why Rebecca seems like she's sliding backward, remember that none of her "development" is actually grounded in reality. She's still constantly ignoring the advice of her therapist. She's still stuck in the rom-com mindset, and just because she temporarily latched onto Greg doesn't mean any of that was healthier than her fixation with Josh. I feel like the secondary characters all get more time to shine also. Valencia figuring herself out without Josh in her life, WiJo/Darryl unbelievable adorableness, and especially Paula who's an actual real person dealing with her real problems now instead of that insane person who's enabling Rebecca at every turn.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

hope and vaseline posted:

none of her "development" is actually grounded in reality.

It did seem to me how, before the season break she was at least marginally capable of genuinely thinking about others. That last conversation with Audra Levine is an example. Also the way she accepted being viewed as The Worst with the wedding dress incident.

hope and vaseline posted:

Paula who's an actual real person dealing with her real problems now instead of that insane person who's enabling Rebecca at every turn.

Yeah, this part I've been noticing and it's a pretty big deal. I guess it will probably eventually lead to a satisfying pay-off when Rebecca finally gets over herself and admits to Paula how lovely she's been. I can't enjoy the Darryl+WiJo stuff simply because of how much I haven't been able to stand Darryl since basically forever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

IRQ posted:

Not Top Gear's second episode this season was also pretty good. They definitely learned from the garbage parts of last season.

:thunk:

But yet they reintroduced the terrible celebrity interview segments

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:thunk:

But yet they reintroduced the terrible celebrity interview segments

I don't know that you can do top gear without an interview segment of some brit celebrity I've never heard of.

Just skip it like the celebrity interviews on late night comedy shows.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IRQ posted:

Just skip it like the celebrity interviews on late night comedy shows.

So do you just watch the monologue then because the interviews are like 90% of the show

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

It was a tweet by some dumb gently caress political strategist, not a reporter.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

GreenNight posted:

Speaking of politics, I wonder how much the show will dip into Roseanne's crazy rear end political world view, where Monsanto and gay people are uniting to steal everyone's mercury.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

So do you just watch the monologue then because the interviews are like 90% of the show

Well you've got to skip the monologue, too, that's just tired Twitter jokes and rejected first drafts of the writers standup routines. Same goes with the sketches, they're generally written to hastily and reactionary to be any good. The opening credits sequences are usually pretty well animated, though, and some have catchy music. So just watch those then turn them off.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GreenNight posted:

Oh boy! I can't wait :geno:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah... Early Roseanne is such a good show, but it's hard for me to have any excitement for the revival.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Wandle Cax posted:

Unless there's a guest I care about yeah, pretty much just Colbert's monologue and the next segment are all I watch.

Unless it's late night confessionals with the celeb guest because that's always terrible too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I hated Roseanne. Despite being more cartoonish at times, I think Married ... With Children did a far more realistic job of portraying a blue collars workin family than Roseanne.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

nate fisher posted:

I use to be a big fan of Roseanne, but she is completely unhinged as a right wing fanatic now. So gently caress her and I hope her show bombs.

She went from trying to run for pres in the Green party to supporting Trump, Roseanne is just fully unhinged at this point.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

She went from trying to run for pres in the Green party to supporting Trump, Roseanne is just fully unhinged at this point.

what the what

how kooky! reminds me of when my facebook feed was full of poo poo about Azealia Banks supporting Trump. don't be crazy, ladies :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Azealia Banks was making a weird point, she's not a Trump supporter. More accelerationist.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If it sounds like I'm just making excuses for her behavior, guess what: she's a beautiful genius.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Accelerationism hasn't been working out great.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

If it sounds like I'm just making excuses for her behavior, guess what: she's a beautiful genius.

I love her music but she's pretty zany

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Accelerationism hasn't been working out great.

https://i.imgur.com/IriWZzb.mp4

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know a whole lot about Azealia Banks but she doesn't look she supports Trump because of "accelerationism" or anything like that. She seems pretty back and forth over him from I can tell. :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
episode 2 of Happy continues to be loving awesome, this might be one of the best new shows if it keeps this quality level up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I remember he having a beef with Wendy Williams so she's okay in my book.

• Locked thread