Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ehud posted:

You'll learn what a "rough stretch" is when you finally meet up with your suitor.

your butthole will be the thing stretching you see because it's actually a man lol

:lol:

FizFashizzle posted:

There’s been a lot of smoke today Jared is about to be indicted.

Wapo just reported his lawyers have been trying to hire a cross management pr firm lol

This would also improve my mood greatly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
welp

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/941768077695430667

if corker's on board this time it's over.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ehud posted:

you will be missed

No he won't

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Do any of you dog goons despise clipping dog nails as much as I do? Our one dog has white nails where you can see the quick so he isn't bad (though we did do the peanut butter on a plate trick and held it out in front of him and it was by far the easiest time we have had clipping him) but my other dog has black nails and it never fails I go just a little too far and he bleeds like a stuck pig while I try to control the bleeding for what seems like hours.

I think we are just going to punt on him and take him to the vet...let them deal with him. It's traumatic for all involved :(

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hate cutting my dog's nails. I just trim them a little but do it every two weeks. With regular walking, it's very manageable.

Spoeank posted:

I still dream about those sandwiches. My now wife worked there for like a year and they got to take home the fuckups or the sandwiches that got called in and the person was too drunk/high to remember to come get them.

Sams To Go was 🚮🚮🚮🚮

Yeah, I never went to Sam's. Cucas, IV Deli, Freebirds, or starve to death. Though I did like that Indian place but that's because the owner would give me free meals. I always chatted him up when he came by Six Pack Shop to buy his 5th of E&J at 10am in the morning.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 15, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Hey gently caress you too buddy. :flip:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

weird Asian candy posted:

Do any of you dog goons despise clipping dog nails as much as I do? Our one dog has white nails where you can see the quick so he isn't bad (though we did do the peanut butter on a plate trick and held it out in front of him and it was by far the easiest time we have had clipping him) but my other dog has black nails and it never fails I go just a little too far and he bleeds like a stuck pig while I try to control the bleeding for what seems like hours.

I think we are just going to punt on him and take him to the vet...let them deal with him. It's traumatic for all involved :(

Pro tip, for black nails, look at the bottom. You can see where the nail comes to skin

Also always clip a few cm before the nail arcs zenith

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Is Star Wars battlefront worth renting or should I just go for the new rear end Creed? I just want to use a lightsaber in the single player campaign and shoot people with lasers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Is Star Wars battlefront worth renting or should I just go for the new rear end Creed? I just want to use a lightsaber in the single player campaign and shoot people with lasers.

BF2 sucks, go for Assassins creed

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You can probably redbox and beat the BF2 campaign in an evening or two. It's not great, but I've heard it's just nonsense spectacle, and really, what more could you ask for from star wars?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I hate cutting my dog's nails. I just trim them a little but do it every two weeks. With regular walking, it's very manageable.

I've actually been toying with this idea because supposedly doing that makes the quick recede back towards the toe and makes it less likely to get snipped...maybe after the vet gets him in a good spot I'll try that.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Pro tip, for black nails, look at the bottom. You can see where the nail comes to skin

Also always clip a few cm before the nail arcs zenith

Look at the bottom of the nail? I know you can usually see the bulb or whatever after you clip but you can see it before? Do you have a visual you can link me to? That would help me a lot.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
And a company I almost moved to a year ago, then a few months ago when I took my new gig just reached out with an offer. The past 2 times, the offer never materialized, but they just sent over an offer letter. My buddy is the VP of Engineering so that's why he was so direct, but now I get to spend the weekend wondering if the pay cut is worth not having to work with the single worst teammate I've ever worked with.

Heart says take the new job, but brain likes money. And it's only a paycut because I'm making remote SF money, but it's a v good offer for Austin.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

You can probably redbox and beat the BF2 campaign in an evening or two. It's not great, but I've heard it's just nonsense spectacle, and really, what more could you ask for from star wars?

Yes, this is exactly my plan. I've got a redbox in my building so I just want to grab something to enjoy while it snows outside.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I've actually been toying with this idea because supposedly doing that makes the quick recede back towards the toe and makes it less likely to get snipped...maybe after the vet gets him in a good spot I'll try that.

Heh, I had no idea. I just do it that way because I'm a gigantic baby

quote:

Look at the bottom of the nail? I know you can usually see the bulb or whatever after you clip but you can see it before? Do you have a visual you can link me to? That would help me a lot.

I'd like to see this too!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

And a company I almost moved to a year ago, then a few months ago when I took my new gig just reached out with an offer. The past 2 times, the offer never materialized, but they just sent over an offer letter. My buddy is the VP of Engineering so that's why he was so direct, but now I get to spend the weekend wondering if the pay cut is worth not having to work with the single worst teammate I've ever worked with.

Heart says take the new job, but brain likes money. And it's only a paycut because I'm making remote SF money, but it's a v good offer for Austin.

Congrats man! Do you know if the new place offers yearly raises/bonuses that would help make up for the difference? Are we talking like 20k or like 5k? If you crunch the numbers, your budget works with the pay cut, and promise of making it up in a couple of years, happiness is worth far greater. Though keep in mind, every company has it's BS and "that guy".

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The National Labor Relations Board overturned an Obama-era ruling that held corporations liable for labor practices at franchisees and third-party contractors, weakening workers' leverage over fast-food and hotel chain

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/14/NLRB-reverses-obama-era-ruling-employer-liability/

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also how do you get ladies on the OKC? It's the only platform I don't get any traction on. The whole "anybody can message anybody" means their inboxes are full in like 24 hours.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Also how do you get ladies on the OKC? It's the only platform I don't get any traction on. The whole "anybody can message anybody" means their inboxes are full in like 24 hours.

They just tweaked the messaging this week so that part's slightly different now but usually through two avenues:

1. Make my profile entertaining enough to the type of women who I usually appeal to and then message them when they like me/message first

2. Find a few that are sort of my type adjacent and shoot off messages directly about something on their profile. Short, as snappy as I can make them, and to the point.

Avenue 1 is where I make most of success. Regardless OkCupid is very hit or miss by city and I typically have much more luck on Bumble. I just appreciate not being locked into the swipe mechanism and seeing more about people than a two line blurb. You do have to be painfully self-aware about who you are and what you are offering. I'm catnip to nerdy women, asian girls, and tiny brown women with fancy degrees because I look like a professor and appear to have my poo poo together (I absolutely do not). I don't usually chase sorority types or fitness/outdoorsy types outside of odd circumstances.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 15, 2017

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Congrats man! Do you know if the new place offers yearly raises/bonuses that would help make up for the difference? Are we talking like 20k or like 5k? If you crunch the numbers, your budget works with the pay cut, and promise of making it up in a couple of years, happiness is worth far greater. Though keep in mind, every company has it's BS and "that guy".

Definitely have reviews/raises, but it will take time and be hard to get to the SF money without becoming a manager, which I'd like to do anyways. It's over 10k of a paycut, but I've only been at this salary for the past few months so my budget will work with the pay cut and I'm definitely leaning towards happiness over money, it's just hard.

Both companies are at points where they could become big/acquired, but I've been in enough of those situations to not get caught up with that.

edit: also, I've encountered some trolls in my time, but the problem is only he and I are on the team here and I've never worked with someone this incapable of not making you feel like poo poo for asking questions/not being able to admit they're wrong.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 15, 2017

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I say you ask for more money

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
2017 is getting a bit on the nose.

https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/status/941715143150526465

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

Definitely have reviews/raises, but it will take time and be hard to get to the SF money without becoming a manager, which I'd like to do anyways. It's over 10k of a paycut, but I've only been at this salary for the past few months so my budget will work with the pay cut and I'm definitely leaning towards happiness over money, it's just hard.

Both companies are at points where they could become big/acquired, but I've been in enough of those situations to not get caught up with that.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

This. It won't hurt to ask them to meet you half way and see what they say. Maybe they can come up 5k and it's a win-win slam dunk of a decision.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

welp

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/941768077695430667

if corker's on board this time it's over.

i'm laughing my rear end off at anyone who even seriously thought rubio would be a no

merry christmas

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Vertical Lime posted:

i'm laughing my rear end off at anyone who even seriously thought rubio would be a no

merry christmas

The Pod saves America guys described it best. Rubio is a passive participant in his own political career.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

I just downloaded Lyft for the first time. Any goon want to post their promo thingy so I can say you referred me.

You dare post this in chat instead of texting me?!

drat YOU SWICK

Btw plans fell through tonight so if you’re around let’s booze

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I am glad I work for a wireless communications company because it's giving me extra cred when I argue with people about how hosed things will get without Net Neutrality.

Although I should probably not do this during work...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://deadspin.com/boston-globe-report-on-espn-reveals-pregnancy-discrimin-1821309239

Not as horrifying as the NFLN allegations but still awful

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cresit where credit is due, this is a brand new serial killer gimmick afaik.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hey Fiz, what do you call this workout

https://gfycat.com/FlawlessVelvetyEuropeanpolecat

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 15, 2017

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Im not so sure.....

quote:

.... a former SportsCenter anchor feeling forced to stay on air while she was having a miscarriage so as not to jeopardize her job

:gonk:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

OxySnake posted:

Im not so sure.....

:gonk:
Ugh yeah that one is awful and sad :(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hell, I'll try anything once...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Amy Pole Her posted:

You dare post this in chat instead of texting me?!

drat YOU SWICK

Btw plans fell through tonight so if you’re around let’s booze

I am actually in Fort Lauderdale to see Transiberian Orchestra at the BB&T. Tomorrow I'm free!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Hell, I'll try anything once...

Correct, that is the exact number of times you'll be able to try this before being chopped into pieces and fed to dead eyed dolls in some decrepit southern plantation.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Honestly every time I've seen an ad for this movie I've parsed "John Cena" as "John C Reilly" so my bad

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That's called my fantasy

srlsy tho that's like some odd/hot pike-up/crunch combo move of sexiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Xposting

https://twitter.com/jimtrotter_nfl/status/941804070146252800

• Locked thread