Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lycus posted:

Corker switched, tax bill will pass.
He and Flake are worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Needing lockdown procedures in a high school in a first world country is just loving magical.

Alright, I don't want to give too much away but I'm currently working on adding additional security for lockdown procedures for a school named after, and owned by, an evil old gently caress that supports endless gun proliferation and the politicians that do as well as owning a newspaper that continually spews anti-gun control propaganda (and more, to an extent that would give it away who I was talking about if I named even a few things he specifically has done) AND THEY ARE ENDLESSLY BITCHING ABOUT PRICING. He LITERALLY gives million and millions of dollars to gunsgunsGUNSGUNSGUNS but a few thousand for extra security needed because of incidents caused by his actions? Noooooooope.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

if tax bill passes, and kushner gets indicted

i won't know what to feel

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I thought Corker didn't want anything added to the deficit? I assume he is aiming for some cushy lobbying job after he leaves Congress? What other reason would he have to vote yes?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Where is everyone getting this Kushner stuff from? Just the fact that he did the PR firm people are assuming he's next in line for Mueller?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ok yeah I could see incoming Kushner charges as the thing everyone is expecting will trigger a saturday night massacre.

I guess McCabe is the person they're now claiming is behind the brilliant conspiracy against Trump that got Hillary elected president.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ok yeah I could see incoming Kushner charges as the thing everyone is expecting will trigger a saturday night massacre.

McCabe isn't in the line of people who control the special counsel. This is about House Republicans kicking up their "the fbi is corrupt!!!" water-carrying for the white house to the next level. He'll be targeted because his wife ran for something (I don't recall what) as a Democrat.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mistaya posted:

The main thing I see when looking at that dude is just how young he was. 21 is just... it's the start of your whole life. You just got there. It's one thing when some bitter old racist who's been in the nazi-bubble for a decade finally snaps but this is different. Am I imagining it or are these active shooters getting younger and younger?

It's a suicide cluster. It tends to hit the young and older men.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Where is everyone getting this Kushner stuff from? Just the fact that he did the PR firm people are assuming he's next in line for Mueller?

There have been some other indications also. Primarily process of elimination: who's 1) Higher than Flynn was in the org chart, but 2) below Trump since Trump can't be charged, and 3) who Trump would actually care about if they got arrested?

That's a really short list and Kush and Ivanka are just about the only people on it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
People are confusing the token "investigations" by the congressional panels with Muellers investigation. They are completely unrelated.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

They'd better get on it then because it's Friday afternoon now and they'll need at least a day to orchestrate it.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Not just any PR firm. A crisis PR firm. So something urgent and important must be happening or about to happen.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People are confusing the token "investigations" by the congressional panels with Muellers investigation. They are completely unrelated.

I don't think it's a token investigation, they're doing their job of obstructing justice.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

Not just any PR firm. A crisis PR firm. So something urgent and important must be happening or about to happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GCKXZTV8E

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You need them for pretty mundane stuff too, like "there is a rabid fox in the field, no one go outside", "there is an estranged dad that wants their kid and is yelling in the office" and like "there was a hostage situation in the town and the suspect is fleeing on foot". It's not all just people shooting up schools.

I worked at a city run after school latch key program and we honestly had better procedures then the school that it took place in. We had special posters the kids made to block the windows on the doors, and special treats and games just for the occasion. Tried to keep it fun so they didn't realize that some guy took his wife hostage across the street.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Can someone give me an example of what a Crisis PR firm does?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

enraged_camel posted:

Joyous anger?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandal_(TV_series)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!

enraged_camel posted:

Bittersweet

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This, I'm guessing.

Edit:

quote:

We discover the facts, define the contextual circumstances, classify the gravity of the situation and define the operational measures needed immediately. We drive constant communication with all stakeholders, listening and responding to all issues and concerns. We work in real-time and across all traditional and social media channels.

'Define the contextual circumstances' is some top quality PR doublespeak.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

enraged_camel posted:

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/941771830079012864

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Like regular PR, but emergency mode.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The tax bill is passing. There is literally zero chance that over the next 9 months that they won't cobble it together. So don't worry about it, and celebrate the good stuff that's happening instead.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

While I don't have a specific example, their whole thing is to manage the public reaction when a huge scandal erupts or a public figure/organization has some real bad news drop about them. They try to make sure public opinion favors their client, basically. Y'know how every time dudes got hit with sexual harassment accusations, their apologies were awful and made things even worse? Those guys needed crisis PR.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hire private investigators to stalk Harvey Weinstein's victims.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

enraged_camel posted:

He's planning a racist tweet

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Harrow posted:

While I don't have a specific example, their whole thing is to manage the public reaction when a huge scandal erupts or a public figure/organization has some real bad news drop about them. They try to make sure public opinion favors their client, basically. Y'know how every time dudes got hit with sexual harassment accusations, their apologies were awful and made things even worse? Those guys needed crisis PR.

Yeah but how?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
It's just like regular PR but they use the phrase, "Let's get ahead of this..." a whole lot more.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

come up with the best-sounding legally-meaningless way to say that we are unhappy about those bad things that seem top have mysteriously happened and we will work very hard to find the real child poisoners

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

enraged_camel posted:

The funny thing is, they seem to have axed a bunch of dumb poo poo they put in the tax bill specifically to trigger liberals, but widened the provisions that easily and obviously direct wealth from the middle class towards the wealthy. It would legitimately be difficult to imagine a tax bill designed to piss off mainstream America more than this one.

It's like they aimed a giant missile at themselves with a launch date of next November. And the thing is, unlike gutting healthcare, this bill would be a fairly easy thing to overturn if the Dems control both houses and the presidency in 2020, which is not unlikely if Trump maintains his current popularity, or gets impeached.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They put you in photo ops with puppies at soup kitchens, dig up any positive things you've ever tried to do and get it published, dig up stories that paint you as a victim, etc

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I'm happy Kush might be getting popped because there's a good chance he's going to make Flynn look competent. Like, if Carter Page was a trip, imagine what Junior Spaceboy Is going to be like in the hot seat.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Don't play with my emotions like this.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

They pay to plant stories in the media, mysterious defense blogs and tweets show up, talking heads show up on panel shows defending them, stuff like that.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Coaching for speeches, hushing up bad news articles, arranging sit downs with friendly interviewers, etc

Basically making them look good without making them look guilty

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Republicans renamed the DC airport after Ronald Reagan specifically to trigger the libs.

I hope Doug Jones is hiding his power level and once he gets to Congress he reveals himself as a super-communist.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

90% of it is getting your client to stop digging the hole.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The funny thing is, they seem to have axed a bunch of dumb poo poo they put in the tax bill specifically to trigger liberals, but widened the provisions that easily and obviously direct wealth from the middle class towards the wealthy. It would legitimately be difficult to imagine a tax bill designed to piss off mainstream America more than this one.

It's like they aimed a giant missile at themselves with a launch date of next November. And the thing is, unlike gutting healthcare, this bill would be a fairly easy thing to overturn if the Dems control both houses and the presidency in 2020, which is not unlikely if Trump maintains his current popularity, or gets impeached.

They're trying to smash and grab as much as they can before they get punted, I think. After what they saw happen in Virginia and Alabama.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Coached statements, finding people to vouch for the client's character, trying to bring focus on the good things the client has done/will do, trying to get more positive news stories published, sending surrogates to speak on the client's behalf, all that sort of thing. Usually it doesn't involve full-on getting the court of public opinion to exonerate the client--sometimes that's impossible and it's just a matter of softening the blow and/or paving the way for eventual "redemption." And like others have said, a big part of it is to get your client to stop publicly loving up, get them to stop digging the hole deeper, and make sure they conduct themselves in a sympathetic manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm sure a softball puff piece will pop up soon that will offer clues on what they're trying to deflect.

• Locked thread