Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Laminator posted:

Man, I think if they do an LMG buff it's going to break the game. I already feel like I'm dying so much more quickly than older versions of the game, and so many weapons aren't viable because the TTK is just too slow against the onslaught of Hellrigel, Federov, MG15... I honestly think everything needs a damage nerf to increase survival a bit

I think the reasonable solution would be an HP arms race rather than a damage nerf race. let me get shot like it's BC2. of course that would just further gently caress with explosives.

fuckin... explosives! They're supposed to EXPLODE YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
So uh, important note! The Infiltrator's mortar marker flare does not travel like a regular flare. I tried firing one into an enemy-held point about 100m away and it landed ten feet in front of me. I then proceeded to get wasted by my own mortar strike. :downs:

Their grenade launcher is pretty fun, but I think it'll take practice to get used to.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Jesus, don't even get me started on having people survive direct grenade blasts

I actually think that a huge issue that DICE never seems to address is the net code. Lagging players consistently have an advantage in engagements and it's frustrating as hell

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy
Going to post video soon getting 10 straight kills with the Trench Raider kit. It was exhilarating running around like a maniac.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Laminator posted:

Jesus, don't even get me started on having people survive direct grenade blasts

I actually think that a huge issue that DICE never seems to address is the net code. Lagging players consistently have an advantage in engagements and it's frustrating as hell

All of a sudden most of my pings are yellow, and even the full bar green ones lag like nobody’s business.

This game would be 1000% more fun if dynamite stuck to vehicles. Like good luck finding pubbies smart enough to flank and/or concentrate on drilling tanks.

Also how the gently caress is ‘get 15 kills of swimming mans’ even possible. Or any of the other turning tides specific unlocks. Destroy 5 boats with the AT rocket, and apparently the boats in the vanilla maps don’t count as sea vehicles. :negative:

I’m starting to suspect the community missions are for :spergin:lords.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Spiking posted:

Hey mates i've never played with anyone here before but is anyone down for some squad play this afternoon EST for the new dlc? Would be fun to play with some mic'd up team players for once instead of the 4 man sniper squads that haunt ps4.

As I always say, I'm an EU ps4 goon but add me as I'm usually online and if I'm playing anything else I'll swap to BF1. PSN: Guillermus_

Laminator posted:

Man, I think if they do an LMG buff it's going to break the game. I already feel like I'm dying so much more quickly than older versions of the game, and so many weapons aren't viable because the TTK is just too slow against the onslaught of Hellrigel, Federov, MG15... I honestly think everything needs a damage nerf to increase survival a bit

Eh, some LMG's require 7 body shots to kill wich is awful. They are already the worst LMGs (counting from BC2), they all have low rate of fire, high spread if you don't have a bipod, etc... I could counter snipe effectively in BC2, BF3 and BF4. Now I can only pray that at long range, the guy I'm shooting at is critically wounded because even if the guy has bad aim, a medic will kill me in three shots with good spread stats and barely recoil and I need to shot him like 50 times to hit 7...

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 13, 2017

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The "shoot swimming players" thing will become easier in the Zebrugge map, there's a section of the mole that you have to swim between. Using AT rockets on boats is easy, just be Ottomans on Cape Helles and goonrush the A flag at game start and pound the beach. I got it pretty quickly. Capturing flags in boats... well that's either wait for Zebrugge or spend a lot of time on Empire's Edge.

I've unlocked all the guns apart from the machine pistol now, and the optical Farguar, and here are my OPINIONS:

M1917 trench carbine: this is fun, but not very good. It's basically the assault version of the M1903 experimental. Low damage per bullet, a fuckton of bullets in the mag, one shot per squeeze and ohhh you'll need a lot of shots to drop people. Sights are cleaner than the M1903 experimental at least, but unless you can headshot like a mofo I don't know who would take this over... well, any other assault gun. I had the Turning Tides weapon medal this week, got my 20 kills with this gun for that and the codex, would never consciously choose it again.

Farquar-Wossname: very, very nice gun. Chunky, solid, stable, sounds great and hits hard. If you're not a fan of the jumpy Federov, this could easily be your new favourite medic gun. Had some decent kills at range with it, and didn't do so bad panic firing into a crowd of dudes in my face. It kinda feels like a single shot rifle version of the Chauchat if that makes sense. Same stability and weight and sound. I like it a lot and look forward to unlocking the optical version.

Carcano: Uhhhhh I'm not feeling this one. It's... fine I guess, but that damage drops off really quick and frankly I'd rather stick with either of the Gewehrs. It's just another bolt action that's not quite as good as the many other options available to scouts.

M1917 MG: I wasn't sure about this one at first, what with it being a slightly less powerful Peroni. The iron sights in particular are terrible. But once I slapped on some AA sights, reduced the magnification to 2x, and found some nice spots to bipod it... ooooh this is a good gun. Gang, let me tell you the secret to loving this new LMG: sustained fire. It's got 250 in the drum, and while that's good that's not what makes it special. It's that you can fire those 250 bullets in like 4 bursts. Seriously this gun fires like 60+ bullets before overheating, and when you hear it wheezing and getting ready to sieze on you, just let off the trigger for a second or two and fire another 60 rounds. I found a nice place to camp facing a chokepoint on Achi Baba and I couldn't even see what I was firing at in the gully, what with all the smoke and gas. Didn't matter, I was just pouring endless amounts of lead into the smoke to kill anyone daft enough to rush that sector. Don't wait to shoot, just never not be shooting. The box mag reload is only about 5 seconds too. I don't normally go for suppression LMGs, more a Benet Merci proxy assault rifle, but defo going to rock this for a bit.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Oh, important thing to note. Playing with a few of the BUTT Boys last night and we were wondering about repairing the destroyer. Apparently, and don't ask me why, but the repair button for boats is D-pad down. NO, I KNOW IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR IT TO BE PLACED DIFFERENTLY FOR THESE VEHICLES omfg :dice:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm really liking the M1917MG and I don't know if they patched the perino a bit but it feels better now.

So far I unlocked the M1917MG and Faquar rifle and both are really fun to use.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
And the best part about the Farquar, is that very good gun is unlocked by requiring 10 revives in a single round. Gang, right now may be the single greatest time to ever play this game as medics are *fighting* to revive you because of that unlock assignment. It's beautiful.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Achi babi or however you spell it is probably my new favourite infantry only map. It's so much fun!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
The M1917 MG is just a silly gun, I was laughing like an idiot all night last night just wasting pubbies with the endless hose of bullets. It’s without a doubt my new favorite gun in the game.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I tried the dlc and I’m confused, one of the maps is completely land locked lol

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Parkingtigers posted:

Weapon opinions

The new machine pistol is a thing of beauty. Slow reload means you generally use it to melt one guy or a really bunched group and then hide to reload. You can get some reach if you burst it as well but kicks like crazy going full auto.

The Infiltrator is fun too! The GL is just absurdly good. Also, i found the trick with the flare is to "airburst" it. Basically, when you shoot the flare a big map will pop up with the flares position shown as a dot. When it reaches where you want to call the strike press fire again and the strike will come down where the flare was and not where it ultimately lands.

As tigers and breaster are aware I'm not a big fan of the new operation buy I should give it a few more chances.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What is this spawn beacon I keep seeing my team use? And how do I use it?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

WALLGOD posted:

The Infiltrator is fun too! The GL is just absurdly good. Also, i found the trick with the flare is to "airburst" it. Basically, when you shoot the flare a big map will pop up with the flares position shown as a dot. When it reaches where you want to call the strike press fire again and the strike will come down where the flare was and not where it ultimately lands.

This explains why I kept bugging out my minimap when playing as that class

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

ethanol posted:

I tried the dlc and I’m confused, one of the maps is completely land locked lol
:thunk:

yeah I guess because the terrain is a "beach" it comes in this expansion. Almost seems like it could just be a premium map like giant's shadow

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

Oh, important thing to note. Playing with a few of the BUTT Boys last night and we were wondering about repairing the destroyer. Apparently, and don't ask me why, but the repair button for boats is D-pad down. NO, I KNOW IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR IT TO BE PLACED DIFFERENTLY FOR THESE VEHICLES omfg :dice:

most of the rounds I've played so far people just left the destroyer where it spawned, I was wondering if it was a stationary item until I got a chance to get in and pilot it

RCarr posted:

What is this spawn beacon I keep seeing my team use? And how do I use it?

Infiltrator special class gets a spawn beacon as one of it's gadgets

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I don't know if they got a buff recently, but the rocket fighter might be the new dart fighter. I was having some very tasty strafing runs with it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Even an armored Sentry cannot withstand the power of the ALMIGHTY NAIL

https://i.imgur.com/6XUXre9.gifv

gently caress your scope

https://i.imgur.com/pRAhWIB.gifv

Hyrax
Jul 23, 2004

I'm the Goon in the OP. Dispatch your messenger forthwith.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

gently caress your scope

Scopes are for suckers.

https://i.imgur.com/6PIt94u.gifv

Analdeath
Aug 12, 2007

Chilled-out entertainer.
Guns, shooting, all that kind of thing is for suckers

https://i.imgur.com/iDZZZKv.gifv

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Here's a clip of me having some fun with the infiltrator kit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbUh1YHn7o8

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
See, I was helping in that clip because they were so focused on repeatedly shooting me in the head over and over and over that you got to kill them while they were distracted. What controller settings do you have, because this look like you are turning and aiming much faster than me. That's probably just youthful talent and reflexes but if I can blame it on better options menu numbers then sign me the gently caress up.

I went and replayed The Runner war story yesterday, to see how it stacks up to the MP maps. That was always the weakest of the war stories, but visually I thought it always looked great. That was until yesterday. They have massively reworked the design and really given it a more realistic look and feel. With quite a few campaign assets being used for MP maps I thought there'd be more of an overlap with this, but they rebuilt the whole area from the ground up.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

What controller settings do you have, because this look like you are turning and aiming much faster than me. That's probably just youthful talent and reflexes but if I can blame it on better options menu numbers then sign me the gently caress up.

Infiltrator has a big speed boost.
Makes you feel indestructible, like bullets slide off you, you play with 'em.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
How does the Carcano feel compared to the Martini Henry? I much prefer the iron sight rifles and the MT feels like I’m shooting off a canon at some poor bastard, which is awesome. Is the Carcano that same feel?

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

See, I was helping in that clip because they were so focused on repeatedly shooting me in the head over and over and over that you got to kill them while they were distracted. What controller settings do you have, because this look like you are turning and aiming much faster than me. That's probably just youthful talent and reflexes but if I can blame it on better options menu numbers then sign me the gently caress up.
I use:
70% soldier stick sensitivity
70% soldier zoom sensitivity
0% stick aiming acceleration
13% center dead zone (both sticks)
13% axial dead zone (both sticks)
80% max input threshold (both sticks)
110% on all zoom sensitivity
And I turn off uniform soldier aiming.

I've been meaning to turn up my sensitivity a bit more but that takes :effort:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Nash posted:

How does the Carcano feel compared to the Martini Henry? I much prefer the iron sight rifles and the MT feels like I’m shooting off a canon at some poor bastard, which is awesome. Is the Carcano that same feel?

To me it feels underpowered at range, and a long reload. Might be more suited to an aggressive recon scout.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Nash posted:

Oh goodness no. It's just a weaker Gewehr 95/98 or SMLE, looks feels and sounds similar. Sure it works as a bolt action rifle, but end of the day it's just another bog standard bolt action rifle and there are so many others to choose from. Pretty much all of them better, though the individual "feel" varies per user, someone in party chat the other day was raving about the Carcano so YMMV.

The Martini Henry remains its own thing.

^^^^ Also I am that aggressive recon scout (albeit not a very good one) and while its fast damage drop-off suggests it would be more to my liking than other snipers, I'm firmly in the "any other iron sights gun please" camp. Only the Vittali is worse, what with its 4 round clips.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Dec 14, 2017

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

After a certain distance the Carcano will only do 97 hit points for a head shot. It’s a blast to use in cqc tho

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Not gonna lie, the Farquar is really fun, but I find myself missing more mid-range shots compared to the mondragon (both storm versions). I feel like I have to shoot way slower with the Farquar to settle down the spread and recoil. With the mondragon and 1906 (mini-garand) I can just spam shots at mid range and get hits constantly.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

Get in the BUTT my dude. They even put up with a terrible occasional player like me.

These new maps loving own.

I applied to the clan. Do u need a full work history?

Yeah I like the new ops. It's pretty brutal but seems like it can go either way depending on team skill.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Spiking posted:

I applied to the clan. Do u need a full work history?

Yeah I like the new ops. It's pretty brutal but seems like it can go either way depending on team skill.

Paging backup snacks to validate a new BUTT, I am away from my piss4 for two weeks.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

lambskin posted:

I use:
70% soldier stick sensitivity
70% soldier zoom sensitivity
0% stick aiming acceleration
13% center dead zone (both sticks)
13% axial dead zone (both sticks)
80% max input threshold (both sticks)
110% on all zoom sensitivity
And I turn off uniform soldier aiming.

I've been meaning to turn up my sensitivity a bit more but that takes :effort:

Oh wow these make a huge difference. If I'm gentle on the sticks I get fine control as usual, but I can do a 180 turn with a flick of the stick in an emergency. This is some MLG XxXblaze_it_69XxX pro-gamer poo poo right here.

I also just found out today that the Putilov Garford has three variants, like the arty truck. Dunno why I just assumed it was one size fits all, but yeah three of 'em. And they have different amounts of headlight dazzle if you drive in the front seat and not from the gunner turret. Apparently the recon version is the one to get as the shells are proximity fuses so you can blow up dudes hiding around corners.

Speaking of blowing stuff up, WHY does that coastal gun have such terrible range and traversal? Pls DICE let me just rotate it all the way round. Good luck even hitting a destroyer unless it drives right round the coast and parks right next to the beach because it has less range than a field gun. Madness. That said, yesterday someone did drive a destroyer right round the coast and parked right next to the beach and that was the sweetest 4x multikill I ever did see. loving 'ave it sailorboy.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Dec 15, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is cardschange a PSN goon? Just asking as I recieved a friend request for BF1.

Edit: nvm, I see he is in the [BUTT].

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 15, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Did they change how spawning works? It feels like there's less of a delay from when you choose your spawn point and when you can actually move? It's a great change but it kept surprising me because I was used to the delay.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

I also just found out today that the Putilov Garford has three variants, like the arty truck. Dunno why I just assumed it was one size fits all, but yeah three of 'em. And they have different amounts of headlight dazzle if you drive in the front seat and not from the gunner turret. Apparently the recon version is the one to get as the shells are proximity fuses so you can blow up dudes hiding around corners.

It’s actually terrible, the shells do almost no damage and you’re much better off with the default truck

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Live At Five! posted:

Did they change how spawning works? It feels like there's less of a delay from when you choose your spawn point and when you can actually move? It's a great change but it kept surprising me because I was used to the delay.

The zoom in is definitely faster which is nice. I keep reading that you can actually start moving during the zoom in period but I can't tell if that's true or not.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

WALLGOD posted:

The zoom in is definitely faster which is nice. I keep reading that you can actually start moving during the zoom in period but I can't tell if that's true or not.
DICE being :dice: they still managed to gently caress this up somehow. If you spawn on a horse it zooms in faster than it used to, but you can't move until the old-zoom amount of time has passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

DICE being :dice: they still managed to gently caress this up somehow. If you spawn on a horse it zooms in faster than it used to, but you can't move until the old-zoom amount of time has passed.

I find this hilarious and unsurprising at the same time.