Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It was because he walked for three days and literally ate nothing but a box of raisins since his diet was the same as a picky five year old's.

Like he refused to learn how to cook for himself to a ludicrous degree. His plan was to stop at Denny's along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

he should hook up with the pregnant star wars goonette and her autistic/mute husband and they can be picky eaters in flavorless hell together

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sounds like a poo poo plan

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

a good saga: the goon (muerte?) that planned to walk from one coast of the country to the other with nothing but a lovely baby cart full of supplies. The cart breaks down 10 km into the odyssey and then the dude faints and almost loving dies from walking, somehow

A friend told me about this a while back and it's incredible. I don't think I've ever read past the initial pages because Muerte stops posting for a while. His lack of preparation and unwillingness to take advice in the first few pages was staggering. Someone would tell him about a beutiful scenic route that is much safer, more beautiful, and an established hiking route but because they called him dumb for planning to walk down a billion kilometers of motorways he'd dismiss them as a troll and hater. Any valid criticism that didn't insult him instead got an "ah yeds namaste what happens happens and who am I to dfeat mine fate as it may be!" or "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it". His response to potentially having his water bottle stolen was that whomever stole it would probably need it more. He also has a plan to carry a gun across state lines but it's okay because it's not a real gun so it has the twin powers of being loving useless but still potentially getting you gunned down or arrested.

Thread is here. Some images are dead including the one he posts of his "kit" but later on I guess someone rehosted it because it shows up.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm pretty sure it was heat exhaustion, which is not something to gently caress around with. Of course, insane walking goon did not know that.

Good thing he never made it to Arizona, where he planned on walking across the entire state in the middle of the Summer when it's 110+ degrees

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

sounds like a poo poo plan

yeah probably, but it mean new sagas for the saga thread

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

A friend told me about this a while back and it's incredible. I don't think I've ever read past the initial pages because Muerte stops posting for a while. His lack of preparation and unwillingness to take advice in the first few pages was staggering. Someone would tell him about a beutiful scenic route that is much safer, more beautiful, and an established hiking route but because they called him dumb for planning to walk down a billion kilometers of motorways he'd dismiss them as a troll and hater. Any valid criticism that didn't insult him instead got an "ah yeds namaste what happens happens and who am I to dfeat mine fate as it may be!" or "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it". His response to potentially having his water bottle stolen was that whomever stole it would probably need it more. He also has a plan to carry a gun across state lines but it's okay because it's not a real gun so it has the twin powers of being loving useless but still potentially getting you gunned down or arrested.

Thread is here. Some images are dead including the one he posts of his "kit" but later on I guess someone rehosted it because it shows up.

It was great that he was using a baby stroller to carry his kit.

I'm not in the best shape but ffs I can go overland for a day or two on nothing. This guy was just chumpsauce.

Actually I think most people just ended up feeling bad for him but at some point you just have to piss down the well and hope he floats.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also his plan was to "find himself" which is wank that only works in mediocre films. Not only that but he was leaving a cushy office job to "find himself" and after his walk his plan was to accept a job taking over his father's business as a cushy office executive :rolleyes:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Good thing he never made it to Arizona, where he planned on walking across the entire state in the middle of the Summer when it's 110+ degrees

he did try to drive his bmw through Arizona in the middle of the summer and his car overheated and died. IIRC he got stuck in some little town and had to wait for some parts to be shipped out.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

Also his plan was to "find himself" which is wank that only works in mediocre films. Not only that but he was leaving a cushy office job to "find himself" and after his walk his plan was to accept a job taking over his father's business as a cushy office executive :rolleyes:

They actually got some video of him about to take his role in the family business:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqWIRCw6Gnc

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I would love to walk from coast to coast. It's something I think I could probably do, but there's no way I could get that much time off work or support myself while doing it. What would that take? Like 4 months of walking at least 8 hours a day?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

purple death ray posted:

he did try to drive his bmw through Arizona in the middle of the summer and his car overheated and died. IIRC he got stuck in some little town and had to wait for some parts to be shipped out.

yeah this was the best part. so perfect

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

his diet quite literally consisted only of pizza and fried chicken or something like that and he told people they were idiots for criticizing it. In times where the everyday ppl internet gets more insane and sa is a lot less active, im glad tales of unrelenting stupidity in the face of adversity like this one pop up

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I thought it came out that "the family business" wasn't some high-revenue office job but, like, a one-man stump removal business.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
It wasn't actually a baby stroller, it was a bike trailer. Some of them, like his, have a little wheel on them near the point it attaches to the bike to make it easier to roll around once you take it off the bike.

It wasn't this one, but you can see how it would be problematic trying not to snap the front end off on a bumpy trail

which, of course, is exactly what happened. He busted the wheel mount.
An actual jogging stroller would have fared better.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Not much of a saga, but a goon in GBS recently mentioned that they saw some Trump supporters in their town. The goon then immediately quit their job, packed up their belongings and moved a few miles away to some monthly non-contract apartment.

How do you do that without friends, family or even coworkers not just replying with "Holy poo poo! Lol, really?" and then helping to get that person on a 72hr hold at the local mental health center for evaluation?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

RFC2324 posted:

He never even made it out of the city park he started in :allears:

To be fair it was more than a city park but yeah lol

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Mammal Sauce posted:

Not much of a saga, but a goon in GBS recently mentioned that they saw some Trump supporters in their town. The goon then immediately quit their job, packed up their belongings and moved a few miles away to some monthly non-contract apartment.

How do you do that without friends, family or even coworkers not just replying with "Holy poo poo! Lol, really?" and then helping to get that person on a 72hr hold at the local mental health center for evaluation?

I refuse to believe this is real.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mammal Sauce posted:

There is a joke about 'orange is the new black' here somewhere.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Paladinus posted:

There is a joke about 'orange is the new black' here somewhere.

yikes, :golfclap: if you thought of that

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Patrick Spens posted:

mods?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mammal Sauce posted:

Turns out that you can just pack up and move for any reason. Crazy huh?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mammal Sauce posted:

Good for them.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Patrick Spens posted:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WoodrowSkillson posted:

To be fair it was more than a city park but yeah lol

I thought it was some giant city park in SF, like maybe golden gate park(which is apparently big enough to actually have bison living in it and is over 1000 acres)?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mammal Sauce posted:

Could just be that they don't have friends or family who give a poo poo about them an they can do whatever they want without anyone caring :smith:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i moved away from my town cause it was full of homophobes and racists too

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Improbable Lobster posted:

Turns out that you can just pack up and move for any reason. Crazy huh?

That's sad, if you have nothing meaningful around you at all.

I guess though in that case it's worth a shot to check out a new place! That's pretty cool :unsmith:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

mandatory lesbian posted:

i moved away from my town cause it was full of homophobes and racists too

did you just pack up and move an hour away, or did you actually make a plan, and go somewhere far away with a plan?

because just packing up and moving into a shithole an hour away because you saw a trump supporter is dumb, while using that as a prompt to make a plan move somewhere better is smart.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I am the man who shits on floors. I suck and gently caress big slobberable cocks. I love Boables, my real dad.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MisterOblivious posted:

It wasn't actually a baby stroller, it was a bike trailer. Some of them, like his, have a little wheel on them near the point it attaches to the bike to make it easier to roll around once you take it off the bike.

It wasn't this one, but you can see how it would be problematic trying not to snap the front end off on a bumpy trail

which, of course, is exactly what happened. He busted the wheel mount.
An actual jogging stroller would have fared better.

I've probably mentioned this before, but what I find sad about the whole thing is that I've seen women 4x his age lugging carts dozens of miles in the Bay Area, yet this guy couldn't get that thing out of the Golden Gate Park?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

I thought it was some giant city park in SF, like maybe golden gate park(which is apparently big enough to actually have bison living in itand is over 1000 acres)?

I thought there was no chance that could be true but welp they’ve been there since the 1890s

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

did you just pack up and move an hour away, or did you actually make a plan, and go somewhere far away with a plan?

because just packing up and moving into a shithole an hour away because you saw a trump supporter is dumb, while using that as a prompt to make a plan move somewhere better is smart.

i just meant from a personal standpoint i dont see it as that big a deal, everyone's got a breaking point maybe the dude in question just got to his

personally i had a plan but if i had still been there back when charlottesville (which i lived near) had had that alt-right march i would have left right then and there plan or not

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

mandatory lesbian posted:

i just meant from a personal standpoint i dont see it as that big a deal, everyone's got a breaking point maybe the dude in question just got to his

personally i had a plan but if i had still been there back when charlottesville (which i lived near) had had that alt-right march i would have left right then and there plan or not

I've done my share of unplanned moves and it is never worth it.

just take a few months and do it right

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
you know i just realized that it would have been real nice of the op of that post to link to where that guy said he moved, cause otherwise its all just hearsay as to how swiftly or recklessly they moved

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

RFC2324 posted:

I've done my share of unplanned moves and it is never worth it.

just take a few months and do it right

I dunno, as a queer mixed race person I'd want to get the gently caress out of dodge if nazis were popping up all over my city.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

cis autodrag posted:

I dunno, as a queer mixed race person I'd want to get the gently caress out of dodge if nazis were popping up all over my city.

a) is that the case with the mentioned gonna who moved a whole hour away? because they didn't really leave the area based on the story given, the just threw everything away to still be in the sane general area.

b) is it a good idea to climb a tree that has a good chance of having a mountain lion or venomous snake in it to escape a wolf that may ignore you? :shrug:

moving blind is always dumb, that doesn't mean staying isn't dumber. if your life is directly in clear and immediate danger it changes the equation but not the facts

just because a + b = c doesn't mean that a != a

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

RFC2324 posted:

a) is that the case with the mentioned gonna who moved a whole hour away? because they didn't really leave the area based on the story given, the just threw everything away to still be in the sane general area.

b) is it a good idea to climb a tree that has a good chance of having a mountain lion or venomous snake in it to escape a wolf that may ignore you? :shrug:

moving blind is always dumb, that doesn't mean staying isn't dumber. if your life is directly in clear and immediate danger it changes the equation but not the facts

what are you doing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Powaqoatse posted:

what are you doing

Making a word salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

RFC2324 posted:

“Well, actually, here’s the proper way to feel your emotions:”

-An rear end in a top hat