Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Helter Skelter posted:

I knew I made the right decision by just following chocotaco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
If you play solos (or even squads maybe) then it's worth dropping at the water treatment plant. I tried in this morning after watching this video and I came away with a plethora of Assault and Sniper rifles to choose from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PxiONZazM8

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

daslog posted:

If you play solos (or even squads maybe) then it's worth dropping at the water treatment plant. I tried in this morning after watching this video and I came away with a plethora of Assault and Sniper rifles to choose from.

I'm gonna try this for sure. Seems nutty, at least on solos and duos. Now we just gotta erase all evidence of this video.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

flatluigi posted:

That trending gamer vote keeps picking real winners, huh

Who else have they picked that didn't turn out well?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah I've been dropping water treatment a lot and almost always have good results but in practice running that route is a death sentence unless you're alone. You're exposed basically the whole time. Typically better to run around the outside of the cisterns and do some vaulting to get around inside the pools imo. Depends on who's there, of course.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Ice Fist posted:

Grimmmz who cried to PUBG liaisons to get people banned if he thought there was any chance they were stream sniping him, then had a breakdown after the backlash and stopped playing PUBG. Mind you, this was even before there was an in game report function.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Wasn't there something about posting the link to report people in chat whenever he cried foul so his viewers could report whoever killed him too?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

lohli posted:

Wasn't there something about posting the link to report people in chat whenever he cried foul so his viewers could report whoever killed him too?

Yeah he had a command in his chat

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

well lets see...

2014: Total Biscuit. Big Gamergate supporter
2015: Greg Miller. Never heard of him.
2016: Boogie2988. frequent apologist for antifeminist/white nationalist youtubers (eg. JonTron)

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

perhaps all streamers are garbage?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Good ones exist, but not with those kinds of viewer counts.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Chocotaco is a good boy :colbert:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

You didn't bold this from the changelog, my favorite part:

quote:

Fixed the issue where in parachute or plane in FPP mode, there was a viewing angle limit applied

Assuming this means you can now see all 360 degrees while chuting/in plane, that's so much better because the viewing angle restriction was stupid.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Awaiting chacotacos horrible character flaw reveal on stream shortly.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Awaiting the police finding a dozen bodies under Shroud’s house.

highme
May 25, 2001

CitizenKain posted:

Don't try to win games, try to make others lose. If you end up winning, great. If not, well you know ensured someone else isn't.

I was playing on Miramar last night, was in the top ten in the second to last circle, and got stuck in some low point between 3 rocks at the top of the plateau-ish thing in northwest. When the circle shrank I was on the outside just waiting to die in the blue when I heard some footsteps behind me. So I fired off a couple of shots to draw attention. Dude shoots me, then drops into my hole to loot me and gets stuck. I waited a minute to exit the game for a minute so I could watch him die. It was enjoyable, but I wanted credit for the kill.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Twitch is following the same trajectory as online dating sites. There was a time when you could see some cool people and chat with people in a normal fashion but now everyone wants to send you their dick.

Really they need to clean house of a lot of these creeps. The IRL ones in particular

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I refuse to hear bad things about SovietWomble/Beaglerush

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Twitch is following the same trajectory as online dating sites. There was a time when you could see some cool people and chat with people in a normal fashion but now everyone wants to send you their dick.

Really they need to clean house of a lot of these creeps. The IRL ones in particular

Sorry you can't get a date, bud. Online dating is as good as it's ever been, in my experience.

As far as twitch goes, just watch the people you like?? Like, no one is forcing you to tune in to a camwhore

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

daslog posted:

Dropping in areas with mining/oil structures has worked for me, but you’re pretty exposed on the catwalks.

(North side of Impala, for example)

Dyz fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 15, 2017

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
A short video of my Pubg skills,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5hx__qAel0

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I didn't notice there was a replay tab on the test server with full game replays (of the area around which you were) of your last 20 games or so (some end up corrupt unfortunately). It is cool being able to see how close I came to someone else without either of us noticing each other, or what happened to the guy that disappeared during a long range fire fight.

I rewatched a chicken dinner I just had, and while I'm sure the replay file was a little off regarding the actual position of the other people's cross hair, I couldn't figure out what the guy's plan was that ended up second place. I watched this guy I in the final circle use all of his bullets just shooting at the rock I was behind, I guess in an attempt to prefire me peaking. He literally had to switch to his ump (he was hiding behind a tree during all of this) to continue his confusing spray of bullets.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, people are going to be able to do some neat things with the replay function.

Not mine, but here's an example of just being able to switch to different points of view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-tFVEA2-w

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
PUBG will now be bundled for free with Xbox One X.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah I just played with my replays and it's real good.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I hereby refuse to refer to the maps by their Tolkien-esque given names. They are Russia and Mexico.

revolther
May 27, 2008
That's some serious damage control.
How do you minimize the impact of millions of legitimate complaints?

Make it free, they can't complain about something free.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
It's not damage control, this is for new console purchases, it's them hoping it'll be something of a killer app that will shift console units over the holidays while people are still hyped about PUBG.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

To be fair that dude tele-jumped around repeatedly as you were trying to stay on target. Shooting lag wizards is very frustrating.

You should have pulled the trigger sooner though! I have similar problems, I try to wait for the perfect shot instead of just taking a shot the moment I think it's halfway decent, and my slowness kills me a lot. Be confident! :buddy:

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Lol about Dr disrespect actually being disrespectful.

New streamer in town though

https://www.twitch.tv/postmalone

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 16, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Odobenidae posted:

I hereby refuse to refer to the maps by their Tolkien-esque given names. They are Russia and Mexico.

I tend to call the old map Crimea.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
daslog's video shows fairly standard character movement, which is wonk but you know, this game~ I often just shoulder or hip fire in those super close fights because of that fact and then you, too, can be the one dancing and causing them to miss. Do you normally have more engagements? Seems kinda late for 0 kills. Might need to dip your toes a little more. Crouched and not moving made you an easy target and the other person landed a good/lucky headshot. Continuing to walk towards the target after spotting and even lining up the shot probably gave you away from the sound of your footsteps.

That backflip in odiv's video!

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

In the new test patch it looks like they changed skydiving from the plane. Now your terminal velocity is 200 km/h and you can't dive straight down anymore, only at a slight angle. The re-added 360 degrees of vision makes up for it though.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Well I got to 3rd hiding under a bridge, then moved before I had to and died crawling around a hill

highme
May 25, 2001

I have yet to play squads on this game. Anybody want to play garbage squads?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Odobenidae posted:

Lagmap and Myanmar

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
Squads with 3 dudes left. Me and my buddy against a dude lying down in the zone and we have to move in. I decide to lure the dude out (it was a fog map and the guy was up a hill in the grass) and manage to get maybe 3 shots in him before he downs me because I had no armor left. No worries my buddy rushes him and... Puts away his weapon accidentally and swings his fists 20 meters away from a guy with an assault rifle.

We lost. Apparently X is crouch in Arma 3.

Also why do I always find loads of 8x scopes on fog maps? Also the 2nd time in 350 hours that I find a 15x and its on a fog map. I got more use of a 2x scope on my AWM.

live free or dont fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Dec 16, 2017

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

John DiFool posted:

All our dreams will be crushed, all our heroes toppled.

He's got a YouTube channel he's been posting highlights to, by the by, and they're pretty great.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Odobenidae posted:

In the new test patch it looks like they changed skydiving from the plane. Now your terminal velocity is 200 km/h and you can't dive straight down anymore, only at a slight angle. The re-added 360 degrees of vision makes up for it though.

just when i finally managed to start accurately hitting a landing spot in the shortest time. i guess it's time to relearn the basics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

John DiFool posted:

Interesting decision for chocotaco to declare himself for #Gamergate at this late hour, but let's see how it plays out :ohdear:

• Locked thread