Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Why would he go to ole miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

Bad fit with Mullen, and immediate playing time? Plus there's some smoke about Corral's ~*off-field problems*~

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I saw he visited Ole Miss and hesitated to post it because I figured one of the UF fans here would have just brushed it off but it certainly raised my eyebrow when I saw it.

Curious as to whether this was all about Mullen and what he wants in a QB or specifically because Mullen started chatting up Fields because if I had to guess I'd say the latter.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It blows my mind that he's going to a school that just got nailed with a bunch of infractions.

They won't even see a bowl game until 2021, right?

Queers And Fears
Apr 30, 2006
Look out for Ole Miss in 06!

Ehud posted:

It blows my mind that he's going to a school that just got nailed with a bunch of infractions.

They won't even see a bowl game until 2021, right?

Nope, we only have an additional one year bowl ban for next season. Mullen visited Fields first when he got the job and that rubbed Corral the wrong way. Plus what QB wouldn’t want to play in our system after the numbers Ta’amu put up this season.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Godzilla07 posted:

Bad fit with Mullen, and immediate playing time? Plus there's some smoke about Corral's ~*off-field problems*~

Yeah, he's a shithead. He tried to go to IMG, I mean, begged the school. In the midst of that, learned that he beat the poo poo out of another kid he really shouldn't have. So he was a hard pass.

But Ole Miss kept Chad Kelly eligible and out of trouble, so I guess it'll work.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Does anyone have a sense of how many recruits are expected to sign on the 20th? In years past the first possible day to sign has been the de facto day when everyone signs. Has signing day effectively moved to December, or is this gonna be something that just a few players do?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Does anyone have a sense of how many recruits are expected to sign on the 20th? In years past the first possible day to sign has been the de facto day when everyone signs. Has signing day effectively moved to December, or is this gonna be something that just a few players do?

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but if I saw one website estimating greater than 75% go ahead and sign next week.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/harrison_tenzer/status/941731100925333504

Emory Jones would be a pretty exciting get.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

The money's better, maybe.

Mullen's QBs also have to take a lot of punishment.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh yes please run the spread again

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Three people have switched their crystal ball to UF in the last couple of hours.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Queers And Fears posted:

Nope, we only have an additional one year bowl ban for next season. Mullen visited Fields first when he got the job and that rubbed Corral the wrong way. Plus what QB wouldn’t want to play in our system after the numbers Ta’amu put up this season.

One that wants to play for a good team and win games?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/blake_alderman/status/941757495890055168

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Florida gonna steal him from Bama who had stolen him from OSU.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thats right Dan, steal your old boss's croots

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Thermos H Christ posted:

Ehud posted:

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but if I saw one website estimating greater than 75% go ahead and sign next week.

I think 75% of the committed kids is about right.

In terms of TV/internet coverage, it's going to be weird. Nobody is really sure what to do with this. Do you do the wall-to-wall stuff now, or wait till February? Or just not make a huge deal of it and create a 2-3 hour special in February once all the classes are minted? Right now, I think it'll be a smaller programming entry in February when the classes are all final. Even the colleges are struggling to make time to create new bios for the new signees alongside bowl prep stuff. But then you also have the two All-American games, and a handful of kids will be announcing at those.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Fuente said he's anticipating every kid who's committed to VT to sign. I'll be curious if kids who don't do that are still around on NSD.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Thermos H Christ posted:

I have no idea about any other programs but all 26 of Minnesota's recruits have said they plan on signing on the 20th.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I saw an article about it but I don’t see how this helps any of those on the bubble 3 Star kids or any kid who is now probably feeling way more pressure from every coach to sign the paperwork.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/noles247/status/942062300403560448

poop

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

VT pulls in local 3*/4* WR/TE James Mitchell and 4* JUCO CB Jeremy Webb. UT was pushing hard for both, happy Fuente could close on them.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Joshua Jobe flips from Miami to Bama. I think he's going to be one of the few prospects that leave Miami that will legitimately get a hard time from the community when he comes to visit. He'd been committed for 3 years, and constantly compared himself to Sean Taylor.

Miami is now going to try to flip Asante Samuel Jr, and continue going after Tyson Campbell and patrick surtain Jr.

Dilber fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 16, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Several more Crystal Balls for Emory Jones have flipped to UF and it keeps rising.

I think we might actually get him!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/ariwasserman/status/942953018085044224

57% of crystal balls now UF

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Come to butthead

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/tunabanks/status/943172257983188992

JuCo tackle. That should help.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21815992/ole-miss-rebels-wr-van-jefferson-transferring-florida-gators

:toot: 4* WR prospect when he was recruited.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Today is the first day dudes can sign.

Emory Jones announces at 11:30.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Announcements Schedule (ET)

OL Jamaree Salyer (10:00 a.m.)
Schools: Clemson, Florida Georgia

OL Jerome Carvin (10:15 a.m.)
Schools: Florida, Mississippi State, Tennessee

QB Emory Jones (11:30 a.m.)
Schools: Florida or Florida State

S Trey Dean (1:45 p.m.)
Schools: Alabama, Florida, Kentucky

Commits Expected to Sign
OL Chris Bleich - SIGNED with Florida
S Amari Burney - SIGNED with Florida
RB Iverson Clement - SIGNED with Florida
S Randy Russell
OL Noah Banks
RB Dameon Pierce - SIGNED with Florida
S John Huggins - SIGNED with Florida
K Evan McPherson
TE Kyle Pitts - SIGNED with Florida
LB David Reese
TE Dante Lang

Commits Not Expected to Sign
OL Richard Gouraige
WR Corey Gammage

https://florida.247sports.com/Article/Florida-Gators-Recruiting-Early-Signing-Period-Headquarters-112497809

Ehud fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 20, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Michael Clark flipped his Emory Jones crystal ball to FSU :chloe:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

5 star OL Jamaree Salyer picks UGA

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Sounds like Cade Mays is going to UGA too, thought we had him at Clemson. Ohio St mods are starting to CB Jackson Carman to Clemson though, has been expected to choose OSU forever.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

5* defensive player (DE/LB) Micah Parsons picked Penn State over Ohio State. I haven't followed closely, but there was some sort of gently caress up by Ohio State in recruiting him, something to do with pictures with Kirk Herbstreit one Gameday. He's the 247 #4 player in the country, and this makes Penn State's 3rd 5* in this class.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

4 star OT Jerome Carvin picks the Vols

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This might be the best o line class in like forever at UGA. RUN THE DANG BALL, KIRBY

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Komet posted:

5* defensive player (DE/LB) Micah Parsons picked Penn State over Ohio State. I haven't followed closely, but there was some sort of gently caress up by Ohio State in recruiting him, something to do with pictures with Kirk Herbstreit one Gameday. He's the 247 #4 player in the country, and this makes Penn State's 3rd 5* in this class.

When Gameday was at Ohio St earlier this year Parsons was there that weekend on an official visit. He was invited on stage at Gameday and given a small tour and took pictures with all they guys including Herbstreit. Normally this would be fine if he was there on an unofficial visit but there is a rule about making a recruit available to the media when someone is there on an official visit. Ohio St self reported the infraction and voluntarily quit recruiting him as a self imposed penalty.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/RazorbackFB/status/943491480173158400

Great fuckin name

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
https://twitter.com/GatorsCenter/status/943487126917787648

They just punking us right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

nate fisher posted:

They just punking us right?

I would assume Dan Mullen didn't literally punch out someone.

Although I would absolutely love to be wrong about this.

• Locked thread