Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol how he's catatonic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Think I just convinced a girl, excuse me, a Harvard Lawyer on Coffee Meets Bagel to come over and watch a movie after ~45 mins of chatting. At least if she murders me I'll die warm and cozy in my own home.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

"Keep pounding"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/941782145785266179

Not fined: The garbage dick who dove into the center's legs on a kneel down.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Yo, new star wars really loving good

I have no idea what people were mad about. Way better than Force Awakens.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I enjoyed the new Star Wars movie but I would recommend not seeing it in 3D. I don't think it added anything to it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Uterine Lineup posted:

I enjoyed the new Star Wars movie but I would recommend not seeing it in 3D. I don't think it added anything to it.

3D is always dumb!

I'm seeing the movie at 9am on Sunday because that's the only non-3D showing in the RPX theater.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Ehud posted:

3D is always dumb!

I'm seeing the movie at 9am on Sunday because that's the only non-3D showing in the RPX theater.

I 100% agree (except for Mad Max because it was worth it for the last explosion) but the fancy dine-in theater I have free passes for only had 1 showing that worked for my schedule today and it was 3D.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I saw The Force Awakens not in 3D, but IN 4D!

Basically your seat moves around, smoke fills the room during action scenes, air jets shoot bursts of air when blasters are fired off, water squirts in your face when a tentacle is cut off, they pump flower smell into the theater when Rey goes to the planet Luke is at, and lights will flash during explosions. Thanks, Dubai.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

I saw The Force Awakens not in 3D, but IN 4D!

Basically your seat moves around, smoke fills the room during action scenes, air jets shoot bursts of air when blasters are fired off, water squirts in your face when a tentacle is cut off, they pump flower smell into the theater when Rey goes to the planet Luke is at, and lights will flash during explosions. Thanks, Dubai.

that sounds awful

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/532608358508167168

thanks obama

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

that sounds awful

It's actually kind of fun and was worth experiencing once. Tickets are super expensive though.

The best movie that utilized 3D is still A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas. All the weed smoke in 3D is a nice touch.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Uterine Lineup posted:

Yeah 3d is such a waste

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle do you know a nice restaurant in or around Morganton?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

FizFashizzle do you know a nice restaurant in or around Morganton?

get to foothills butcher bar in black mountain.

when are you there?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah 3d is such a waste

I saw one of the first animated movies to really lean into the 3D idea (Monsters vs. Aliens? something like that) in 3D and after one viewing I just said "yeah I get it" and haven't bothered with 3D since.

Go watch any 3D animated movie from like '09 to '12 or so and take a drink every time something flies towards the screen. You will get wasted.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

C-Euro posted:

I saw one of the first animated movies to really lean into the 3D idea (Monsters vs. Aliens? something like that) in 3D and after one viewing I just said "yeah I get it" and haven't bothered with 3D since.

Go watch any 3D animated movie from like '09 to '12 or so and take a drink every time something flies towards the screen. You will get wasted.

UP and other Pixar movies did it really well. They just used it to add depth.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

I absolutely loved it back when it came out.

Literally all of my interest in any sequels has long since completely evaporated.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I absolutely loved it back when it came out.

Literally all of my interest in any sequels has long since completely evaporated.

well......yeah. no one gives two shits about those, including cameron.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, space dances with wolves was well done. No clue why they're making sequels.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, space dances with wolves was well done. No clue why they're making sequels.

Because it made 2.7 billion loving dollars.

The real question is why it took literally an entire decade to pump out a sequel. 3 sequels in fact.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Neil Armbong posted:

Domestic: $760,507,625 27.3%
+ Foreign: $2,027,457,462 72.7%
= Worldwide: $2,787,965,087

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because it made 2.7 billion loving dollars.

The real question is why it took literally an entire decade to pump out a sequel. 3 sequels in fact.

is one actually in production at this point

like this screams "movie no one really wants to see made"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah but Avatar was deliberately shot and constructed to be in 3d. The whole movie was designed to be amazing in 3d. Most movies today just hire some Chinese company to make cut out layers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

is one actually in production at this point

like this screams "movie no one really wants to see made"

Yep they've finally actually started filming.

Cameron decided the best way to go forward would be to introduce a bunch of kid characters and is currently filming them holding their breath underwater for 3 minutes. Literally.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

get to foothills butcher bar in black mountain.

when are you there?

Late january/early February sometime. But my brother and his girlfriend are about to have a baby and I wanted to send them a gift certificate for some place while they were still just a duo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can’t loving wait for another excruciating drowning scene from Cameron. That poo poo’s my nightmare and the abyss is so good.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Late january/early February sometime. But my brother and his girlfriend are about to have a baby and I wanted to send them a gift certificate for some place while they were still just a duo

it's about 35 minutes west but if they're in morganton they'll be used to driving to black mountain for...everything.

you're still comign to asheville yeah?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That's the plan. Remains to be seen if it's just me or also the wife. Gonna try to at least make a dinner trip that way.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yep they've finally actually started filming.

Cameron decided the best way to go forward would be to introduce a bunch of kid characters and is currently filming them holding their breath underwater for 3 minutes. Literally.

Is John Landis a co-producer or something?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Its insane that avatar is going to be a 5 part series

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the biggest question is what else could they possibly do with the story

Avatar was pretty self contained

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't understand how th same guy who made Aliens and T2 (two of the best action movies ever) made Avatar (which is stupid and boring!)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

I don't understand how th same guy who made Aliens and T2 (two of the best action movies ever) made Avatar (which is stupid and boring!)

How did the guy who made Alien and Blade Runner make Prometheus and Alien: Covenant?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

hifi posted:

Its insane that avatar is going to be a 5 part series

Spoiler: it's not

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

How did the guy who made Alien and Blade Runner make Prometheus and Alien: Covenant?

Spielberg gets me too. Dude made Jaws, JP, the original Indiana Jones trilogy, Close Encounters, etc. but lately I have zero interest in anything he's making.

I've probably seen Jaws and JP a combined 250 times lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

Spielberg gets me too. Dude made Jaws, JP, the original Indiana Jones trilogy, Close Encounters, etc. but lately I have zero interest in anything he's making.

I've probably seen Jaws and JP a combined 250 times lol

what you don't want to see READY PLAYER ONE starring the least likeable person in Hollywood and a cavalcade of your FAVORITE characters like the Battletoads! Guys, it has BATTLETOADS

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I like that they made ready player one into a movie because people have been posting excerpts from the book online and those are really good for a laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i thought prometheus was stronger than covenant, and all the criticisms leveled at the new blade runner was applicable to the alien films. prometheus was good and covenant was mediocre

• Locked thread