Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

tonic posted:

Anyone think Diggs (or Thielen for that matter) get a slight upgrade with Rudolph out? Feels like Rudolph has been getting a ton of red zone looks lately.
Yeah it might get them a couple extra targets. McKinnon probably sees the biggest upgrade as a checkdown option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

illcendiary posted:

Rudolph out again today, for those rostering him. Looking doubtful for Sunday so make moves as appropriate.

Real glad I picked up Henry earlier this week for reasons that I can't recall right now.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Alfalfa posted:

Welp...

Davis, Witten, Olsen, Brate, Kroft, or Howard?

Any suggestions?

I’m leaning Ebron in my league (I know you didn’t mention him but figured he might be available in yours). Lions o-line is banged up so maybe he’ll get some quick checkdowns? Sucks because as previously mentioned, I only have $1 left for waiver pickups (no FA in my league, need $1 minimum to pickup anyone) and I wanted to pick up Saints DST. Oh well, rolling with Chargers.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

spanky69 posted:

So do I pick up Ivory AND Yeldon to block my opponent? I am set at RB and have Elliott coming back in week 16.

I just did this lol, luckily I had a couple easy drops

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I have questions!

If Fournette doesn't play... I roll Yeldon right? My other choice would be Derrick Henry. Full disclosure: I am starting Murray currently.

EDIT: THERE'S A THREAD FOR THIS, DUMBASS!

Yesterday was the all-time high for our goon project traffic. One might think this was largely due to our popular NFL Rules and Franchises quiz, but everyone ITT knows the real reason: CMike Davis. Thus, we are instituting a policy of all-CMike Davis, all the time. Which must've made it hard for Spoeank to do his writeup on what was hilarious about Thursday Night Farceball and also his Start or sit Jordy Nelson and WR Sleepers. But I'm sure he worked him in there somewhere, we are, after all, FootMike Absurdity Football AbsurDavisity ... we're still workshopping this.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 15, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

illcendiary posted:

I’m leaning Ebron in my league (I know you didn’t mention him but figured he might be available in yours). Lions o-line is banged up so maybe he’ll get some quick checkdowns? Sucks because as previously mentioned, I only have $1 left for waiver pickups (no FA in my league, need $1 minimum to pickup anyone) and I wanted to pick up Saints DST. Oh well, rolling with Chargers.

He's taken unfortunately

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Matt Forte is a game time call as well. Add Bilal Powell if you need a flex, or simply to block a RB-needy opponent.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Rudolph is out. Mixon looking iffy.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

coronaball posted:

Matt Forte is a game time call as well. Add Bilal Powell if you need a flex, or simply to block a RB-needy opponent.

I highly doubt he's available in 90%+ of leagues. Plus I'd stay far away from any Jets this week.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

When is Rodgers going to not be listed as IR on ESPN/Yahoo? Going to be gone Saturday evening through Sunday and it’s starting to freak me out.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

tonic posted:

When is Rodgers going to not be listed as IR on ESPN/Yahoo? Going to be gone Saturday evening through Sunday and it’s starting to freak me out.

McCarthy was asked that, and he just said they haven't forgotten to activate him, he'll get around to it on Friday or Saturday. Slot him in there

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My opponent has Rudolph and Fournette. They have almost no one on their bench anywhere decent enough to fill in and the waiver wire kind of sucks too. If neither play, I might have the finals wrapped up before games even start.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

I highly doubt he's available in 90%+ of leagues. Plus I'd stay far away from any Jets this week.

He's 59% owned, and if both Forte and McGuire are out then he's at least a flex regardless of who is at QB. Especially in PPR.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

My opponent has Rudolph and Fournette. They have almost no one on their bench anywhere decent enough to fill in and the waiver wire kind of sucks too. If neither play, I might have the finals wrapped up before games even start.

Man I miss the days when I wasn't convinced that everything in fantasy football happened just to spite me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

tonic posted:

Anyone think Diggs (or Thielen for that matter) get a slight upgrade with Rudolph out? Feels like Rudolph has been getting a ton of red zone looks lately.

I am hopeful that it helps Diggs, but who knows.

Cooper is out for the one person who was considering playing him.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
4net says he is going to play, and has just been taking it easy
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21769653/leonard-fournette-jacksonville-jaguars-says-play-vs-houston-texans-quad-injury

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

dkj posted:

Man I miss the days when I wasn't convinced that everything in fantasy football happened just to spite me.

I am having an odd year where things are constantly falling my way, so right now I expect to lose this matchup by 0.2 points so the universe rights itself. I completely lucked into the playoffs while being 11/14 total points scored for the season. I'm in a two week playoff round, and last week I ended up being 26 points ahead, partially because my opponent has Kamara, and she got like 2.6 points before he got knocked out. I also had Gore and McCoy last week, so those two rushed like crazy because of the snow. I am really trying hard to not get my hopes up though.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

That's what he said last time before he was inactive.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

I am having an odd year where things are constantly falling my way, so right now I expect to lose this matchup by 0.2 points so the universe rights itself. I completely lucked into the playoffs while being 11/14 total points scored for the season. I'm in a two week playoff round, and last week I ended up being 26 points ahead, partially because my opponent has Kamara, and she got like 2.6 points before he got knocked out. I also had Gore and McCoy last week, so those two rushed like crazy because of the snow. I am really trying hard to not get my hopes up though.

I had that same feeling for 8 weeks. The universe righted itself though and killed me last two weeks.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

That's what he said last time before he was inactive.

drat, that is a great piece of information. I WANT TO BELIEVE!!

It is also weird that I have Fournette as my RB1 and D. Murray/Henry as my RB2, and I keep secretly hoping for a Murray injury BUT I GET A FOURNETTE INJURY WHY WHY WHY!!??

Also, this weeks Hot Takes from Crazy People has some particularly hot takes from some particularly crazy people.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Drunk Nerds posted:

It is also weird that I have Fournette as my RB1 and D. Murray/Henry as my RB2, and I keep secretly hoping for a Murray injury BUT I GET A FOURNETTE INJURY WHY WHY WHY!!??

You need to cleanse your crystals with urine and try again.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Shoutout to my (I think goon) opponent in one league for sitting CJ Anderson last night with McKinnon and Gio in his starting lineup.

Shoutout to me for not checking the waiver wire after the JuJu news broke yesterday and leaving CJ Anderson as an FA when I could have had his 30 points (RBs/WRs get a hefty bonus if they hit 100 yards in this league) in my flex spot

Hey. Hey! HEY!!

Gio wasn't in my lineup. I had put Mixon back in. (I still would not have played CJ Anderson. He's been utter poo poo for most of the year. I need several huge days to win, and McKinnon has the higher ceiling to me.)

Also, I am incredibly amused that I'm even in the semis, let alone the playoffs with this garbage team. Yahoo is giving me a 27% chance to win, and I actually felt better seeing that high a number. :lol:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

decypher posted:

You need to cleanse your crystals with urine and try again.

Of course I know this! I'm jerking off as hard as I can, yet Fournette's quad does nothing!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

It is also weird that I have Fournette as my RB1 and D. Murray/Henry as my RB2, and I keep secretly hoping for a Murray injury

That's been the bullshit this year. I don't want to wish an injury on anyone even if it would have saved me like 16 loving headaches this season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Are we trusting Rodgers to be Rodgers? In both leagues I was ablr to snatch him off waivers a couple weeks ago so I feel like despite coming back from being out for a while on the road against Carolina that he is a must start, yea?

I have Rivers and Cam I am starting him over.

I also stashed Greg Olsen but he has been awful :(

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

If it appears that Leonard Fournette will not play on Sunday, should I swap in Chris Ivory (which worked for me earlier in the season) or move Rex bulkhead from Flex and place Josh Gordon in there?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ogmius815 posted:

If it appears that Leonard Fournette will not play on Sunday, should I swap in Chris Ivory (which worked for me earlier in the season) or move Rex bulkhead from Flex and place Josh Gordon in there?

I would roll Rex and Gordon and feel very confident about it

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Mixon and Coleman ruled out. Still don't think I want to play Bernard against the Vikings though.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

dkj posted:

Mixon and Coleman ruled out. Still don't think I want to play Bernard against the Vikings though.
In PPR leagues though, Gio should be a pretty safe floor play. The more lopsided the game gets, the more dumpoffs he'll see. He had 6/68 receiving last game and all of it came in the second half; 4/66 came after the score was 33-7.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

I would roll Rex and Gordon and feel very confident about it

This. It’s not even a question.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Tiptoes posted:

In PPR leagues though, Gio should be a pretty safe floor play. The more lopsided the game gets, the more dumpoffs he'll see. He had 6/68 receiving last game and all of it came in the second half; 4/66 came after the score was 33-7.

That's good info. Might pick him back up then.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

dkj posted:

That's good info. Might pick him back up then.

The Vikings are good at stopping passes to RBs though, ranked 3 in DVOA on Football Outsiders. Gio is playable only in 1PPR, but upside is limited.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

The Vikings are good at stopping passes to RBs though, ranked 3 in DVOA on Football Outsiders. Gio is playable only in 1PPR, but upside is limited.

It's 1PPR and I would have to either bench Collins, Mike Davis, or Mike Evans.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I think it'll be more about the game script than the Vikings defense. If I thought the Bengals could contend in this one, the Vikings would force them to fight for every yard and it would be a tougher draw for Gio. But if the Vikings control this one easily from the beginning, they'll likely play softer zone coverages as the game goes along and we'll start seeing more nonthreatening plays on short options to eat up time.

I don't think he finds the end zone but I think he's good for 10+ in PPR. Won't hit 20 but 10+ will work depending on the lineup.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
gently caress now I have to choose one between Barber, Gio and Ivory tomorrow. Leaning Barber just on their matchups.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Gorman Thomas posted:

gently caress now I have to choose one between Barber, Gio and Ivory tomorrow. Leaning Barber just on their matchups.

Is Barber going to be the lead back or a timeshare?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Did Golden Tate miss the bus to the game or something?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Should we be benching our Legatrons based on the weather forecast? Could grab coons for tonight's game. Just feels so wrong to bench the leg.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

What does everyone think about Jamaal Williams? I know he should theoretically have a better outlook with Rodgers back but it's a bad matchup and I feel like it's going to be more of a timeshare with Jones that it seems. In 0.5 PPR I'm sort of leaning Dion Lewis (with 1/20 return yard scoring) or even Mike Davis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
He's the workhorse. He's clearly outplaying Jones. He takes a small hit with the matchup, but A-Aron coming back is only good news for him.

• Locked thread