Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Vengarr posted:

Oh lol, when does Vlad get his 2nd Interlude and his Legend of Dracula skill? I thought they would both come at the same time, so I've been pumping up Morph instead of Vampirism in anticipation.

This June on JPN, so you've got, uh, a year and a half to wait unless they move it up on NA at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I forgot that Vlad's second interlude doesn't unlock right away, but a NP upgrade is pretty neat and it's not like he really needs buffs right now. Good thing I didn't level Morph past level 4 though, gotta save those Claws.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hahaha, look at me who can't tell a phoenix plume from whatever the bushy thing in the event shop is.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TheFireMagi posted:

quelle surprise

e: the real surprise is that it took 63 quartz

The first 60 just got me two medusa Lily and a handful of event CEs...the game was holding out on me.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Are any of the CEs they're adding to the game with London (500-Year Obsession, Necromancy, Awakened Will, Clock Tower) worth using? Because none of them seem to be all that good going off the descriptions in the news blurb.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Necromancy is amazing. 50% chance to revive EVERYTIME you die. It’s not a one time thing.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Necromancy is fun for dumb gimmick runs, but is too unreliable to use in general. 500-year Obsession can actually come in handy for taunters every once in awhile since NP Seal also prevents enemies from gaining a NP charge that turn, so even if your taunter dies early it can help stall out bosses to your next evade or whatever. But for the most part, no, the London CEs aren't that great.

e: Another issue with Necromancy is that it prevents you from using your actual Guts skills since Guts doesn't stack, so you can't like put it on George and try to have him live forever.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 15, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If you bother to restart scam your app... :ssh:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

TheFireMagi posted:

This June on JPN, so you've got, uh, a year and a half to wait unless they move it up on NA at some point.

Well...poo poo. :negative:

How about Tamamo's Interlude 2? I've got that at 8. Though Fox Wedding is good as hell already.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
500-Year obsession on Arash...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nyaa posted:

If you bother to restart scam your app... :ssh:

Isn't the RNG seed fixed at the start of every turn and only rerandomizes if a skill is used?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So what I'm hearing is I should just build a team of 5 berzerkers, all with Necromancy

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Vengarr posted:

Well...poo poo. :negative:

How about Tamamo's Interlude 2? I've got that at 8. Though Fox Wedding is good as hell already.

Can't find an exact confirmation for this one, but what I can find says it was early Feb 2016 in JPN, so if true it should be this coming Feb/late Jan for NA.

ZiegeDame posted:

So what I'm hearing is I should just build a team of 5 berzerkers, all with Necromancy

i mean there are worse ideas, honestly

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 15, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I need to take care of my NA account...

> Christmas Event in JP

Nevermind

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Ereshkigal seems...interesting at the least, probably actually good. Her second skill is Mana Burst +, her Third Skill seems like a decent Party Buff when combined with her NP's attack boost.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I really want to like her, but she doesn't look all that good. Her NP/3rd skill interactions look interesting, if a bit gimmicky, and the 3rd skill is overall pretty useful and her 2nd skill is very good.
But for some godforsaken reason she barely passes 10k ATK, has a single 6-hit arts card, which completely kills off her NP gain (and Territory Creation A, to add insult to injury), no Crit Dmg modifiers and even if she had any, a subpar Star Attraction, so she would need a ridiculous amount of stars to reliably crit.
She's basically Lancer Altria with a defensive group buff, which isn't terrible, but also not good.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
She is also extremely cute.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7k1sgy/ereshkigal_my_room_lines/

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 15, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Saber Lancer Alter is also extremely cute though, with the added benefit of being MILF.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Wuxi posted:

I really want to like her, but she doesn't look all that good. Her NP/3rd skill interactions look interesting, if a bit gimmicky, and the 3rd skill is overall pretty useful and her 2nd skill is very good.
But for some godforsaken reason she barely passes 10k ATK, has a single 6-hit arts card, which completely kills off her NP gain (and Territory Creation A, to add insult to injury), no Crit Dmg modifiers and even if she had any, a subpar Star Attraction, so she would need a ridiculous amount of stars to reliably crit.
She's basically Lancer Altria with a defensive group buff, which isn't terrible, but also not good.

her single arts card is really bad but at least it's multihit instead of single hit. Plus, her Mana Burst handles half of her NP gauge at level 10 (which you should be maxing it first anyway since it also boosts the Buster Damage), so it's not quite as bad as it looks.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Wuxi posted:

Not sure it's fair to compare her to Lancer Artoria when Eresh isn't spec'd for crits at all. She's a semi-support Lancer who can throw down a solid Buster Brave Chain with her NP when she has to, which while I haven't played around with her, doesn't seem as hard to get as you make it sound considering she has a 50% NP charge and a 30% 3-turn NP gain buff. Plus Merlin/Waver and the such if you're using them. I agree she doesn't seem amazing, but she's fine.

e: Whoops, wrong Lancer Artoria :v:. But yeah, she's just a supportish Lancer, which while odd is not a bad role.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gologle posted:

Saber Lancer Alter is also extremely cute though, with the added benefit of being MILF.

FILF?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Her Quick cards are 4 hits and her NP gain is okay, so you'll be getting a decent chunk of NP charge from those.

Definitely no Okita though.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 15, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Isn't the RNG seed fixed at the start of every turn and only rerandomizes if a skill is used?
Well yeah, but you have 9 skills + 3 more from your cloth.

It's 50%, so you could have 6 revive by odds alone.

You could also Double Tamamo to make an immortal team that way.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

LightningSquid posted:

I am SO excited to have access to order change. I honestly think it should be a default feature in this game

What's the cooldown on this? Seems helpful but i'm so used to my regular outfit I almost don't wanna change.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

What's the cooldown on this? Seems helpful but i'm so used to my regular outfit I almost don't wanna change.

15/14/13 Turns at level 1/6/10

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

RMZXAnarchy posted:

the cooldown is not as important as what the ability does for buff stacking

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If you have a servant with Three Cards out of Five in battle, swap that person with someone backrow and it will replace the target's own three cards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The new person replaces the person they were swapped with's cards exactly, based on their position in that servan'ts deck. I'll explain:

Let's say you're using someone with a BBAQQ cardset. Your hand that turn has that servant's Arts, and both their Quick cards in it. You swap them out for someone with a BAQQQ cardset.

Since the old servant had their third, fourth, and fifth cards in the hand, the new servant will also have their third, fourth, and fifth cards in the hand - all their quicks, in other words, so you can quick brave chain via swapping them in. Basically, it doesn't try to match card types, it just literally matches card positions. It can be kinda hard to measure sometimes - for instance, if that second servant had their buster and two quicks in your hand, you wouldn't know which quicks were in your hand and so wouldn't be able to tell what'd happen if you swapped to that BBAQQ servant - but it's something to take note of.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also, another thing about cards: the magus uniform has that skill that shuffles your deck. This is a complete shuffle.

Basically, you have a 15 card deck between your three active servants. When a card is shown, even if you don't use it, it's discarded. Then on the fourth turn, when all cards have been shown, it reshuffles them all into your deck and you draw five from all fifteen again. The magus uniform's shuffle shuffles everything back into the deck and draws you a new hand, so it's a way to 'refresh' cards that have already been used, without having to wait two or three turns. Useful if, say, you have a servant with two buster cards and you want to buster brave chain with their NP, but they had their two buster cards last turn, or you just want to get arts cards back into play to get more NP.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Get good at Card Counting with magus uniform's :getin:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nyaa posted:

Get good at Card Counting with magus uniform's :getin:

There are people who aren't already mentally tracking which cards have shown up? :v:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Endorph posted:

The best part is how often those videos get stuff wrong. The ones on the Fire Emblem wiki call Ike 'Eekay.'

Cu Chulainn is one of the most well-known examples of a Caster

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Holy poo poo I didn't realize the order of cards ever mattered. BBBAQ I just assumed the positions of the card types was meaningless and was just shorthand.

That is kinda cool

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

Basically, you have a 15 card deck between your three active servants. When a card is shown, even if you don't use it, it's discarded. Then on the fourth turn, when all cards have been shown, it reshuffles them all into your deck and you draw five from all fifteen again. The magus uniform's shuffle shuffles everything back into the deck and draws you a new hand, so it's a way to 'refresh' cards that have already been used, without having to wait two or three turns. Useful if, say, you have a servant with two buster cards and you want to buster brave chain with their NP, but they had their two buster cards last turn, or you just want to get arts cards back into play to get more NP.
Now hold up, the way the instructional made it sound was that after every turn you had a complete reshuffle of all your cards. I was trying to make sense of the system so I could end up predicting my third and fourth turns but shrugged it off based on that assumption.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

RanKizama posted:

Now hold up, the way the instructional made it sound was that after every turn you had a complete reshuffle of all your cards. I was trying to make sense of the system so I could end up predicting my third and fourth turns but shrugged it off based on that assumption.

i don't remember much of the tutorials but all 15 cards being used every three turns was def something i was able to notice just paying attention after the first hour or two so :shrug:

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I know it's not a bother to anyone else, but holy poo poo what an annoyingly weird journey getting back to my secondary account.
I still have no clue why the game ceased to function suddenly (while I was playing it, even) on my little beater tablet, but I got things back in order by throwing my lunch money for the next two weeks away on buying the cheaper version of the fire amazon currently has on sale and modding it. Everything's running fine and dandy at least and better than on my phone. :sigh:
At least it was only $30 and some patience.

No way was I going to give up Jeanne that easily.

(But for real, the only advice I was given was things I had already done. Reset to factory install on the old tablet, clear cache, etc did it over and over and fiddled with everything I could and nothing worked to get the drat game running again. Thankfully I held onto my transfer code until I actually got the drat thing running.)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh my god santa altera bleats like a sheep when picking her cards too.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh my god santa altera bleats like a sheep when picking her cards too.

MEH

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
FGO runs on an Amazon Fire Tablet? I was told it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Gologle posted:

FGO runs on an Amazon Fire Tablet? I was told it doesn't.

It does.
You have to mod it, though.
Under the hood the Fire (and the Kindle but, enh) are just Android tablets with some specialized tinkering and software. The newer ones you can't root, but you can still go through and get Google Play and services running on it without a hitch. If you want to get really fiddly, you can basically remove all obvious traces of Amazon but it's not necessary.

Edit: Honestly, though. It took basically five minutes to get the simple way done with just installing the pertinent .apk files for the Google Play store and such. The more intensive stuff takes a bit more effort but it's simple.

tokomon fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 16, 2017