Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

which chapter is this

That was way back in the House Of Evolution when Asura Rhino was released.

On my lunch break or I'd look it up for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

where the red fern gropes posted:

which chapter is this

During the House of Evolution arc, on page 7 of Chapter 10 (which has the chapter title "Modern Art") - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Punch-010?id=369854#7

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

JosephWongKS posted:

During the House of Evolution arc, on page 7 of Chapter 10 (which has the chapter title "Modern Art") - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Punch-010?id=369854#7

Every time someone links to a page I always end up re-reading the entire manga. It's amazing how many small details and situational humor there is throughout!

And since I can't praise Metal Bat enough, I cracked up at the scene where the S-Class heroes learn of the Great Fortune Teller's death and Saitama is scolded for not knowing who she is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Props to Carnage Kabuto/Asura Rhino for being one of the few beings to realize how strong Saitama is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reiche posted:

Every time someone links to a page I always end up re-reading the entire manga. It's amazing how many small details and situational humor there is throughout!

And since I can't praise Metal Bat enough, I cracked up at the scene where the S-Class heroes learn of the Great Fortune Teller's death and Saitama is scolded for not knowing who she is.

The power of the pomp is eternal... it's a shame he's in the same series as King and Licenceless. He'd be best boy in any other series.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

One day Mumen is going to break through the shell after biking 100 miles everyday. His legs will become godlike in strength. He will be known as Singular Kick Guy.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
He actually ends up like Crablante where he rides his bike for so long that his legs turn into a very powerful bike that never gets tired. Regardless of how powerful he gets, though, he still just stays in C rank to keep himself motivated.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

^ Me peeping those choice ONE storyboards.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

graham cracker posted:

^ Me peeping those choice ONE storyboards.

Lives in a Retirement Home Centipede

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

skaianDestiny posted:

Lives in a Retirement Home Centipede

The Very Eldery Caterpillar?

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Call me crazy, but I still prefer One's King and Tatsumaki.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bisse posted:

Penny Arcade at its prime were the best 'comedy' comic in both web and print IMHO, because their strips did not rely on 'setup setup punchline' but rather bizarre situations and conversations that were consistently funny all the way through. Sometimes a strip had a hilarious first panel and the last panel was just there to provide a reasonable exit.

The reason this is a superior approach is that if you have only one punchline, the strip falls flat if the jokes sucks, but if every panel contains multiple jokes there is a vastly superior chance that something in the strip will be enjoyable.

OPM is like that, there are no punchlines, instead the settings and situations are the jokes.

Pbf comics is the best comedy comic

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Get ONE to draw BERSERK

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jose posted:

Pbf comics is the best comedy comic

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Wow, ONEs artwork is getting better and better.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yeah but he's too busy working on these storyboards and mob psycho to continue with the original version it seems like

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Terror Sweat posted:

Yeah but he's too busy working on these storyboards and mob psycho to continue with the original version it seems like

If he has to do the storyboards, this part clearly isn't in the original. So, his storyboard is basically a new chapter of the ONE version. I'm sure they'll catch up eventually. :shrug:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He hasn't cancelled the web comic but it is officially on hiatus.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The next chapter's gonna be 60 pages long and Murata has already done work on it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

The next chapter's gonna be 60 pages long and Murata has already done work on it.

Ah cool, we might just catch up to ONE's version before 2030 after all.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He hasn't cancelled the web comic but it is officially on hiatus.

Honestly, at this point, my expectation is that the collaboration comic will eventually overtake the webcomic and become the primary story.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ONE abandons updating his webcomic to the masses, to take the next step in his career. Combining his powers with... Yoko Taro?!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yoko taro presents ONEs mob psycho 100 the game

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Skippy McPants posted:

Honestly, at this point, my expectation is that the collaboration comic will eventually overtake the webcomic and become the primary story.

That’d be a drat shame.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Platinum Games presents One-Punch Man Revengeance

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

AnonSpore posted:

Platinum Games presents One-Punch Man Revengeance

I mean, they could honestly just make a game about Genos that's basically Revengance. But every fights ends with you winning by getting split in half and, by doing so, summoning Saitama.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

My biggest problem in Nier was the fighting was boring and took forever so a similar game but where you kill everything in one hit would be cool.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

That’d be a drat shame.

It would, but it seems like the most probable outcome once the Murata catches up with the webcomic. And with how infrequently ONE is updating the original, that's started to look like an inevitability.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Radish posted:

My biggest problem in Nier was the fighting was boring and took forever so a similar game but where you kill everything in one hit would be cool.

Press a button too long and you annihalate the earth
The monsters arent the real challenge
Remembering when super sale day is
Manage your time properly so you dont miss it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Press a button too long and you annihalate the earth
The monsters arent the real challenge
Remembering when super sale day is
Manage your time properly so you dont miss it

The difficulty level determines what character you have to use. Easiest is Saitama, Nightmare difficulty is Mumen Rider

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

KING is tutorial mode

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Has ONE finally finished work on Mob Psycho yet? I'm sure it's his passion comic but I'm not really interested in that series at all, I'd rather him hang it up and focus working on One Punch Man cause the setting is a lot more interesting than psychic mumbo-jumbo. Feels really played out, doesn't hook me nearly as much as OPM does. Not bad, just not my thing, I'd rather him focus on the series that most people want to see more of!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Parrotine posted:

Has ONE finally finished work on Mob Psycho yet? I'm sure it's his passion comic but I'm not really interested in that series at all, I'd rather him hang it up and focus working on One Punch Man cause the setting is a lot more interesting than psychic mumbo-jumbo. Feels really played out, doesn't hook me nearly as much as OPM does. Not bad, just not my thing, I'd rather him focus on the series that most people want to see more of!

This is the worst post.

If anything, OPM is his passion/hobby project, thus why it's less good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lol if you think psychics are more played out than superheroes in tyool 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also the opm webcomic is his passion project, mob psycho is his day job, and the murata opm is his Big Break

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The OPM webcomic is his hobby.

It's a comic about a super powerful hero who does it as a hobby by a super good mangaka who does it as a hobby.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The OPM webcomic is his hobby.

It's a comic about a super powerful hero who does it as a hobby by a super good mangaka who does it as a hobby.

I endorse this sentiment.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
MPO is just as good as OPM and now I've just realized their acronyms reversals of each other

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Both are great, neither are bad, but you don't have to like them in equal amounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

MPO is just as good as OPM and now I've just realized their acronyms reversals of each other

It's called 100 not One Hundred!!!!!