Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Wow, obscure double-bootleg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishonorable Disco
Dec 22, 2009

the sun always shines on TV

Kheldarn posted:

BAT-Viruses!

So, rabies?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Who am I?

Where am I?

Why am I?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
You can't fool me, that's Tony Danza!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You can't fool me. That's Joey from Full House

(Or Sylvester Stallone idk)

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

EorayMel posted:

Who am I?

Where am I?

Why am I?

This is one of those cases of the artist only having the subject described to them by someone else, except that person has never seen Jackie Chan either.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Dec 26, 2017

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Is that supposed to be Wilford Brimley's character in the vest?

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

this actually looks quite a bit like the original box art, which is strange in its own right

edit: goddamn this movie loving sucks

Radio Help has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Dec 16, 2017

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

This made me think of this thread:

https://twitter.com/ClydeMandelin/status/942069255587078144

Bobson Dugnutt of team Trailers

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Radio Help posted:

this actually looks quite a bit like the original box art, which is strange in its own right

edit: goddamn this movie loving sucks

I loved everything Star Wars as a kid but I don’t even remember this being a part of a sequel saga? Like they made two of these? I just remember them not feeling at all like Star Wars and in the one I saw the bad villain lady was riding a horse and even as a kid I was like “they don’t have horses in Star Wars. This script was written for a different movie”

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Yes well you see that horse is actually from a planet of sentient horse-like creatures called the Hor'syr and they are force-sensitive and in 12000 BBY they were part of the Jedi Council and the one you saw in that movie was actually a remnant of their species after their planet was blown up by the evil Sith Lord Evilious and he has a wife and kids and secretly built his own lightsaber in secret with his hooves and later goes on to star in many novels in the Expanded Universe such as

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Aesop Poprock posted:

I loved everything Star Wars as a kid but I don’t even remember this being a part of a sequel saga? Like they made two of these? I just remember them not feeling at all like Star Wars and in the one I saw the bad villain lady was riding a horse and even as a kid I was like “they don’t have horses in Star Wars. This script was written for a different movie”

That's because they're horrible garbage trash movies. The first one (Caravan of Courage) is like the best movie to watch when you're drunk and wanna feel better about all the terrible choices you've made in life, cuz hey at least you didn't make Caravan of Courage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HenB3gt6SAY

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

goose willis posted:

Yes well you see that horse is actually from a planet of sentient horse-like creatures called the Hor'syr and they are force-sensitive and in 12000 BBY they were part of the Jedi Council and the one you saw in that movie was actually a remnant of their species after their planet was blown up by the evil Sith Lord Evilious and he has a wife and kids and secretly built his own lightsaber in secret with his hooves and later goes on to star in many novels in the Expanded Universe such as

If there's anything to be thankful for from the Disney acquisition of Lucasfilm, it's that the EU bullshit was swept away as if it never existed. Keep that poo poo quarantined on fanfic sites.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

goose willis posted:

Level with me, is this real? Because I know enough about the Expanded Universe to know it could be.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

His third chybut sack swelled.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Proteus Jones posted:

If there's anything to be thankful for from the Disney acquisition of Lucasfilm, it's that the EU bullshit was swept away as if it never existed. Keep that poo poo quarantined on fanfic sites.

But they're gradually starting to reintroduce some of it. Like Thrawn.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Cherry picking the rare good bits is fine. Some of the expanded universe ship designs were rad too.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Level with me, is this real? Because I know enough about the Expanded Universe to know it could be.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast/Legends

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:psypop:

EU was a cancer.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I bet the star wars expanded universe has a lot of jizz.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

EU was a cancer.

Settle down, Nigel.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

But they're gradually starting to reintroduce some of it. Like Thrawn.

I love that a very middle of the road fictional villain is considered the pinnacle for Star Wars EU because the rest were generally terrible or forgettable

Hell Kyp Durron was probably the biggest villain of all and killed billions of possibly innocent people and he was still treated like a hero afterwards

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This fucker sounds like if Wikileaks had exploded several stars and killed all the surrounding population

quote:

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
―Kyp Durron

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The only worthwhile parts of the Star Wars EU are the Thrawn Trilogy and the first four books in the X-Wing series. Everything else is trash. In fact, the ones I liked are probably trash too because I read them when I was like 12.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Pakled posted:

The only worthwhile parts of the Star Wars EU are the Thrawn Trilogy and the first four books in the X-Wing series. Everything else is trash. In fact, the ones I liked are probably trash too because I read them when I was like 12.

I occasionally debate rereading the xwing books but I always put it off because what if they aren't as good now?

Although the Rogue Squadron ones were definitely better than the Wraith Squadron ones.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

It's all still there. They just want to sell it to you again.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

The best part of the EU is a short story I vaguely recall with Boba Fett where it's revealed that he was actually a public defender who got pissed off at one of his clients and killed him before becoming a bounty hunter. I don't remember anything else about the story, but Boba Fett being a space lawyer is the greatest thing in Star Wars.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Proteus Jones posted:

:psypop:

EU was a cancer.

I was looking for a part to quote, but there is not one part of that page that isn't the worst most :females: thing I've ever read.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Welcome to the Star Wars Expanded Universe where every background character seen for a split second in a movie is force-sensitive, Emperor Palpatine has been reborn and killed for the final time a hundred times, the entire Skywalker family tree is detailed to ten generations in either direction and includes every starring character from every movie mating with at least one member, everyone has hosed or tried to gently caress Mara Jade, the Empire comes and goes as many times as is needed for random changes in plot direction, the latest villain and/or new technology of the week can destroy everything up until the heroes learn to listen to the Force and use the power of friendship, and everyone's teenage son turns to the dark side and kills their parents with a red lightsaber to signify that they are now a Sith and this is what the Sith do and the latest Sith Lord is the one behind the wacky events of the novel series and is unmasked as really being Darth Vader or Palaptine all along

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

EorayMel posted:

I bet the star wars expanded universe has a lot of jizz.

Enough to make you wail.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

[edit] Nah, that's a bit harsh. But gently caress that unholy trash fire known as the Expanded Universe.

Doctor_Fruitbat has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Dec 16, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

To be fair to the EU it isn't like it published books about tits. Nerds just went "OH poo poo STAR WARS HAS TITS" and furiously one handed typed up articles about it.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Bar Crow posted:

It's all still there. They just want to sell it to you again.

Now available in both ORIGINAL Legends and NEW Disney Reboot flavors!

Frankly, for all the stupid poo poo that the Old EU had, the New EU has quickly turned out to not be any better, since, for instance, they've already established that the crystals used in lightsabers are sentient, Force-sensitive beings that the Sith have to brutally Force-rape into submission in order to use, which is the official explanation for why Sith lightsabers are all red: i.e. because their crystals are :wtf: broken, "bleeding" rape victims :wtf:. I dunno about you, but I still prefer the old explanation that the Sith use crappy, cheap synthetic crystals because the Jedi like to hoard the natural ones.

Anyways, here's some Ashens to keep on topic a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ4H86qf3S8

E: I guess you could say the Sith were originally a bunch of bootleggers when it came to lightsabers.

Doctor Bishop has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Dec 16, 2017

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Bishop posted:

Now available in both ORIGINAL Legends and NEW Disney Reboot flavors!

Frankly, for all the stupid poo poo that the Old EU had, the New EU has quickly turned out to not be any better, since, for instance, they've already established that the crystals used in lightsabers are sentient, Force-sensitive beings that the Sith have to brutally Force-rape into submission in order to use, which is the official explanation for why Sith lightsabers are all red: i.e. because their crystals are :wtf: broken, "bleeding" rape victims :wtf:. I dunno about you, but I still prefer the old explanation that the Sith use crappy, cheap synthetic crystals because the Jedi like to hoard the natural ones.

E: I guess you could say the Sith were originally a bunch of bootleggers when it came to lightsabers.

This is legitimately worse than midichlorians

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Doctor Bishop posted:

Burn all extended universes to the ground

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Karia posted:

The best part of the EU is a short story I vaguely recall with Boba Fett where it's revealed that he was actually a public defender who got pissed off at one of his clients and killed him before becoming a bounty hunter. I don't remember anything else about the story, but Boba Fett being a space lawyer is the greatest thing in Star Wars.

I can buy this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Dec 26, 2017