Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MikeCrotch posted:

Is hockey more racist than football? I guess hockey is more Ivy League WASP racism vs football's beer gut MAGA chud racism.

Lacrosse is probably worse than both tbh

The only racist part about hockey is the province of Quebec, and that's more racist against everyone but the French.

Besides, cold northern sports typically have cold northern people, doesn't detract from the snooze marathon that is the NBA regular season, first round of the playoffs, second round of the playoffs, and possibly the conference finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I dont care for either tbh :shrug:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The NBA regular season is awesome.

This season of basketball has been the best season in forever.

So many great young players, so many good teams. The Style of play is open fast and fun.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The NBA also has unquestionably the best thread on the forums

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The one problem I see about debating the quality of sports. Is that this is the NFC North thread, so on some level, we all choose to watch garbage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Danny LaFever posted:

The one problem I see about debating the quality of sports. Is that this is the NFC North thread, so on some level, we all choose to watch garbage.

I might do something else week 17 tbh

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Liking basketball way too much is the new being way too into the Wu-Tang Clan. Like please, try more to be hip.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I like a thing that you don't like, forums poster Detroit Underscore Dogg. What do you have to say about that?

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

IcePhoenix posted:

I might do something else week 17 tbh

Unless they decide to start Teddy

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I like a thing that you don't like, forums poster Detroit Underscore Dogg. What do you have to say about that?

I’m now furious

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
You probably like The Black Keys too

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Liking basketball way too much is the new being way too into the Wu-Tang Clan. Like please, try more to be hip.

The most aggressively, always right, better like what I like poster on tff? Maybe, maybe.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
DD how many times have you said "all lives matter" in real life

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Danny LaFever posted:

Why the gently caress do you think we are desperately trying to avoid talking about football

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Basketball ain't nothin to gently caress with.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I believe in mitch trubbs after he styled on a mighty bengal juggernaut

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Mitch gonna suck tomorrow. This feels like a down game for the Bears. I feel it in my bones.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fishing with the fam posted:

Mitch gonna suck tomorrow. This feels like a down game for the Bears. I feel it in my bones.

Isn't that just a regular game

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

All you have to ask yourself is how many back to back wins have the Bears gotten in the John Fox era. There's your answer.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sataere posted:

All you have to ask yourself is how many back to back wins have the Bears gotten in the John Fox era. There's your answer.

The Bulls won 4 games in a row.

Anything is possible

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I believe in Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky

I just don't believe in his trash receivers

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dexo posted:

The Bulls won 4 games in a row.

Anything is possible

Niko Mirotic, professional tight end for the Chicago Bears.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

GeneX posted:

I believe in Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky

I just don't believe in his trash receivers

If you don't believe in any reciever, believe in Kendall Wright.

https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/940021775915716608

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I do actually wonder what the Bears offense would look like if the WR situation wasn't a dumpster fire.

I'm not sold on Trubisky but he really isn't getting the help a rookie QB needs.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Well they could have kept Alshon and maybe gotten a competent receiver elsewhere but then they wouldn't have been able to pay Mike Glennon a fuckton of money.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm happy with Trubisky as a rookie QB, so I have tempered expectations. As I said earlier, instead of Glennon they should have gone after Tyrod Taylor for cheaper, throw in Sammy Watkins too. Those two + Alshon would be a great passing package.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Luckily, Howard is gonna run for 200 yards.

Oh wait he won't because Fox will only give him 12 carries... Let's say he gets 100 yards.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

There were much cheaper and better transitional QBs available. Josh McCown signed for $6 million. They could have gotten Hoyer for multiple years at a cheaper rate. Fitzpatrick is practically playing for the minimum.

They could have used that extra money to sign competent receivers. For instance they could have kept Alshon and even brought in someone like Woods or LaFell too. It seems kind of silly to draft a QB and have him throw to the worst WR crew in football.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Speaking of Good Sports, the Red Wings are beating Toronto right now.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

AsInHowe posted:

Speaking of Good Sports, the Red Wings are beating Toronto right now.

I really need to get to a game at the new arena.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

howe_sam posted:

I really need to get to a game at the new arena.

I have a ticket for the next two games if you want one. PM me.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Saturday games are NFL Network? :cripes:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Bears game is on NBC for me, but I'm in Chicago.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Watching it on DAZN in Tokyo!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/kellierowe/status/942154881032433665

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That game was boring. Kurt Warner worked his rear end off selling me Mitch Tubinsky, but I'm not buying.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Yikes.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBurkeNFL/status/942181237124411392

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Jim Caldwell is one of the most successful coaches in Lions history and that's a horrific fact to realize

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
My grandfather, who died in 2007, could coach this current Lions team to 11-5.

Caldwell is heinously bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Look, we’ll never get anywhere arguing about which sport is the best, but I think at least we can all agree that not liking the NBA makes you a racist and that preferring hockey makes you a mega racist.

This holds. I don't think I've ever met someone that doesn't like basketball or likes hockey that isn't a mega-honkey. I once was told by a white coworker that he didn't trust me because I was "a white guy who's favorite sport is basketball" whatever the gently caress that means. Michigan has a giant white boner for hockey though.

• Locked thread