Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Wirth1000 posted:

Any positions open in the Goon Guilds? I stopped playing on iOS for a while and now have an Android device so kinda starting back up.

Ally code is: 131-314-737

I assume tehy still haven't introduced a way to have a single account either so I can get my iOS progress :(

Tbh unless you had extremely good poo poo, this game is really bad for taking breaks and you're probably better off starting fresh. There's zero catch-up mechanisms so you'd be behind on everyone in your original shard forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Yeah but then I have to play GW without a 7* Finn...

Thanks for the input, I should just bite the bullet and grind out Zeb. No way I wanna spend the time gearing all these guys up beyond g8/9.

GW at 85 is really horrifically easy right now, zFinn not required. Hell Phoenix itself should be able to clear most of it.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Below 85, it still kind of sucks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Wirth1000 posted:

Any positions open in the Goon Guilds? I stopped playing on iOS for a while and now have an Android device so kinda starting back up.

Ally code is: 131-314-737

I assume tehy still haven't introduced a way to have a single account either so I can get my iOS progress :(

You can e-mail them and request that your ios and google play accounts be linked. This is how people were getting the googleplay card bonus on IOS.

that should recover your IOS account to google and you cna proceed from there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

Below 85, it still kind of sucks.

Phoenix should be able to do most of it with Zeb, since he's the one that lets them recover prot.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainPsyko posted:

Phoenix are actually quite decent on defense! They’re bad in *arena* on defense, but that reputation actually tends to lead to them getting hilariously underestimated. We’ve found them to be pretty strong overall. Best part is that when they do hold. They tend to do so with nearly full HP/Prot, which is handy.

Empire teams like the one in arena can definitely timeout the unprepared and eat attackers as well. (Thrawn/Shore/Storm is the important core on D, with DT/Krennic being the ideal 4/5. Tarkin instead of Krennic can work too, as can zVeers. Deathtroooer is harder to drop.)

Nightsisters are a phenomenal defensive team. Low gear zombie and a well geared acolyte do serious work. Also, NIghtsisters in general are stupidly easy to farm and gear.

Anything with zeta Barriss is good.

Old school zeta Maul teams actually work pretty well. Like Phoenix they’re weak against actual arena meta teams, but shockingly strong against a lot of the garbage people will try to throw at you on offense. (That’s an especially handy thing given how many longer time players have a solid Sith arena squad collecting dust in the post-triple cleanse CLS abomination era.)

This is all correct.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Crumbletron posted:

Tbh unless you had extremely good poo poo, this game is really bad for taking breaks and you're probably better off starting fresh. There's zero catch-up mechanisms so you'd be behind on everyone in your original shard forever.

And how exactly can you start fresh in this game?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

The man called M posted:

And how exactly can you start fresh in this game?

In your case, you're switching platforms so just keep playing on your new account. New player shards are created all the time so you'll be put on a shard with new players.

Like was said above, you can get stuff transferred if you prefer, but it's a lot easier aiming for the top of a new arena shard as a new player (with all the benefit of the knowledge in the OP and on Discord) so you can bank more crystals than it is clawing your way back over people who have months of play over you.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Or, you know, just quit while you're ahead.

Just saying...

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Nipponophile posted:

Or, you know, just quit

:sever: and let your connection to EA die.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Zox, you haven't signed up for the latest territory war.

If you've got something keeping you busy/away from the game, let us know.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
As I scrape for the credits to star and level my slowly forming Phoenix team, tell me: what gear level can I stop at and still use them effectively? What are they good for? What are my ideal mods? For the record, I'm farming up Sabine instead of Ezra because I have too much to farm from Cantina battles at the moment.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WerrWaaa posted:

As I scrape for the credits to star and level my slowly forming Phoenix team, tell me: what gear level can I stop at and still use them effectively? What are they good for? What are my ideal mods? For the record, I'm farming up Sabine instead of Ezra because I have too much to farm from Cantina battles at the moment.

I think most people stop around g8-g10 depending on how frustrated you get with Thrawn event. It's notoriously difficult. G8 is theoretically doable if you have decent arena mods, but be prepared to log a shitload of attempts.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

WerrWaaa posted:

They’re great for TB’s if a bit slow (but more gear solves that substantially, as do Zetas eventually someday), and required for day 5. They’re a really good TW team for either defense or offense. (Probably better on d tbqh, especially once you’ve geared them up). They can put up a few million in HAAT aid you don’t have other options and really gear them up, but that’s not really the reason to do it. They can auto galactic war. I’ve seen folks running geared and Zeta’d Phoenix taking first every day in arena, but they do tend to fall further. I expect a nonzero amount of this is that, while anything is beatable by anyone else in that top 20 Tier, people see LOLPHOENIX and think it’s easier and so targeting happens. Or maybe they just want some variety to fight. (Its why I target the Nightsisters guy on my shard)

Tl;dr Phoenix range from useful to good in literally every part of the game right now. Their reputation far outstrips their shortcomings. The main real knock on them is that they’re gear hogs, they don’t play well with others (most individual Phoenix toons not named Ezra are yet to find a use outside of Phoenix. But somehow this criticism doesn’t stick to Poe or Deathtrooper or Old Daka or or or or or or), and that there are better squads for the absolute top end of arena.

As to what’s enough gear? G8 all around with good mods and a lot of RNG will get you Thrawn, and 4-6-5/6 in the TB mission with an airstrike. I run G8 Hera/Zeb with G11 Kanan/Ezra/Chopper (Chopper was much easier to gear than the rest) and pretty consistently go 6/6 and often use them as a “Rebels” squad for other days in TB as well, freeing up guys like Wiggs and Chaze for Platoons. The reality is that you’ll use them all over, so a sure much gear as you can afford to give them is good.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Gear 8 is fine for most, you can take Ezra all the way go G12 if you want, he's real real good.

Few more gear level on Kanaan wouldn't go amiss either.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Chilichimp posted:

Zox, you haven't signed up for the latest territory war.

If you've got something keeping you busy/away from the game, let us know.

Is there one I'm missing? I know I participated in the one that ended... Thursday? Friday? I'm not seeing anything other than the Rancor raid and TB in 2.5 days in the guild events.

If I missed signing up for TB then my bad, wasn't my intent, but can I really not see what's going on if I miss that?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zachack posted:

Is there one I'm missing? I know I participated in the one that ended... Thursday? Friday? I'm not seeing anything other than the Rancor raid and TB in 2.5 days in the guild events.

If I missed signing up for TB then my bad, wasn't my intent, but can I really not see what's going on if I miss that?

There was a TW that started an hour after the last TW ended.

You're locked out of it now.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Zachack posted:

Rip friend

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't know why GW got super easy for everyone else, but only a tiny amount of the time am I able to get to the last node. Most of the time I get about 60% of the way through, and end up facing a team that just wrecks my poo poo. I think because it adjusted for level not power level, and I have really underleveled characters for being at 85.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I don't know why GW got super easy for everyone else, but only a tiny amount of the time am I able to get to the last node. Most of the time I get about 60% of the way through, and end up facing a team that just wrecks my poo poo. I think because it adjusted for level not power level, and I have really underleveled characters for being at 85.

It's balanced to be challenging for a fresh level 85.

It's only going to get easier. Meantime, a strong zFinn squad, zVeers troopers, zJyn R1 squad will do work for you in there.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Zfinn doesnt even need to be strong

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

Zfinn doesnt even need to be strong

tro

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Would like to get on waitlist for QGJ, am on Discord as PorgDW.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chilichimp posted:

It's balanced to be challenging for a fresh level 85.

It's only going to get easier. Meantime, a strong zFinn squad, zVeers troopers, zJyn R1 squad will do work for you in there.

Yea, been working on them for ages. It's a long, slow slog to get anyone who can only be gotten from random drops in the LS/DS battles. I'm not even a fresh 85, I've been 85 for a few months now actually.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I sometime run into Chaze on node 6 and it screws up my whole proression.

Thanks for the info on Phoenix. Now what mods are good? I'm thinking I get the impression that I should focus protection and healthy stuff to play on their survivability.

Finally unlocked Chaze at 3 and 4 stars... slowly buying up shards still, waiting for my a zFinn to help me power through the last hard stages so I can hard farm Baze.

I want to star emphasizing ships as was recommended earlier. What are my top Dark Side ships to farm for the eventual Zeta challenge? Goals now are: Slave 1, Tie Advances, Tie, FO Tie, then... The Geo ships are easy to get. Maul is cool so maybe his boat?

Now that Chopper is done, I'm going to move on to FO Officer so I can some day get BB8. Then I guess Fives or something.

Note: I love the Nightsisters and Ewoks on my shard because they break up the monotony, as many of you have shared. I aspire to be one of them some day.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Thanks for the info on Phoenix. Now what mods are good? I'm thinking I get the impression that I should focus protection and healthy stuff to play on their survivability.

Finally unlocked Chaze at 3 and 4 stars... slowly buying up shards still, waiting for my a zFinn to help me power through the last hard stages so I can hard farm Baze.

I want to star emphasizing ships as was recommended earlier. What are my top Dark Side ships to farm for the eventual Zeta challenge? Goals now are: Slave 1, Tie Advances, Tie, FO Tie, then... The Geo ships are easy to get. Maul is cool so maybe his boat?

Now that Chopper is done, I'm going to move on to FO Officer so I can some day get BB8. Then I guess Fives or something.

Note: I love the Nightsisters and Ewoks on my shard because they break up the monotony, as many of you have shared. I aspire to be one of them some day.

crit/critd for ya boi Ezra, health/crit for Kanaan, potency/crit for zeb, speed/crit for hera, speed/health for chopper should be fine. As much speed as possible for secondaries on all five.

Or just do what this place says: http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor

Slave 1, Scimitar, FOTF, ITF, TIE Adv, and maybe Sun Fac.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 18, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
My GW experience doesn't really reflect the info on this last page.

Phoenix Squad needs to be babysat as soon as you meet sith or wiggs squads. They also struggle with chaze. It feels like i get 4-6 wiggs squads every GW and it is driving me crazy. Yesterday i got a wiggs/chaze combo on node 6 which took my entire PS to get wedge down, then first order to get biggs down. In the same GW i met a zeta (?) biggs on nod 11 who single handedly killed 2 of my teams; every time i attacked him he got a full turn meter and oneshot one of my guys.

Today i met G12 chaze on node 12 which i think is the single hardest gw fight i have ever had.

All the other teams i meet are absolute cakewalks though, just a random selection of heroes at whatever power the GW node dictates, without any particular synergy. It is a shame "synergy" is not a measurement so that the number of wiggs squads would be reduced.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

My GW experience doesn't really reflect the info on this last page.

Phoenix Squad needs to be babysat as soon as you meet sith or wiggs squads. They also struggle with chaze. It feels like i get 4-6 wiggs squads every GW and it is driving me crazy. Yesterday i got a wiggs/chaze combo on node 6 which took my entire PS to get wedge down, then first order to get biggs down. In the same GW i met a zeta (?) biggs on nod 11 who single handedly killed 2 of my teams; every time i attacked him he got a full turn meter and oneshot one of my guys.

Today i met G12 chaze on node 12 which i think is the single hardest gw fight i have ever had.

All the other teams i meet are absolute cakewalks though, just a random selection of heroes at whatever power the GW node dictates, without any particular synergy. It is a shame "synergy" is not a measurement so that the number of wiggs squads would be reduced.

Daze deals with Biggs, which is something that phoenix can apply (Garazeb).

Stormtrooper Han (preloaded TM) counters chaze. If you've having trouble with Chazes, this is the best counter advice you're gonna get outside of "gitgud and also CLS".

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm 44 shards away from maxing VetChewie, which would give me the toons required for jRey.

Can I beat the challenge with g10 zFinn (L), g10 Rey, g9 BB-8, and g8 SmugBros? That seems a little squishy but there's just too goddamn many stun guns needed.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

My point was that you can't full auto GW with PS, which the discussion lately seemed to suggest.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

I'm 44 shards away from maxing VetChewie, which would give me the toons required for jRey.

Can I beat the challenge with g10 zFinn (L), g10 Rey, g9 BB-8, and g8 SmugBros? That seems a little squishy but there's just too goddamn many stun guns needed.

That's basically what I did it with, you should be good.

Ineptitude posted:

My point was that you can't full auto GW with PS, which the discussion lately seemed to suggest.

No one suggested it was an auto-affair, but they make it beatable, which is the only goal pre-85. It becomes a trivial auto-task once you've got the roster for it at 85, which, depending on your priorities while leveling, might take a few month.

Any decently synergized G12 team will absolutely destroy level 85 GW. I use it to test out comps I'd overwise never used.

I did 11/12 nodes with no-Zeta G11 veers, g7 death trooper, g8 level 72 krennic,. g10 shore, and g7 snow.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Dec 18, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

mdemone posted:

I cleared it with G9 Finn/Rey and G8 Vets.

((BB8 is only used on early stages, so whatever).

Invest in Chewie and ignore Han; the hardest stage (5) is Finn/Rey/Chewie.

(Mods were decent but not amazing. Had Finn at around 180 speed, Rey around 220)

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I think they must have stealth tweaked GW. It's mostly still easy but node 12 is back to being a challenge. I had a full G11 squad of arena characters yesterday

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

UmOk posted:

I think they must have stealth tweaked GW. It's mostly still easy but node 12 is back to being a challenge. I had a full G11 squad of arena characters yesterday

My node 11 was much harder today, and my node 12 was a full G11 group of Geonosians with IG-88.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

My node 11 was much harder today, and my node 12 was a full G11 group of Geonosians with IG-88.

geos huh

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Hockles posted:

Mine was CLS Thrawn DN R2

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Mine was CLS Thrawn DN R2

any zetas?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

any zetas?

I met a G9 zylo with 4 random riff raff on node 6 in the new GW once.
Ive also met one of those G10/11 meta squads but no zetas on them.
Im assuming the new GW is just a certain power level at each node and largely random, and occasionally there are some outliers like the zylo i met, and also relatively hard nodes due to composition and synergies
Curious why i get so many wiggs squads though, or why there is a sid or bobba fett on virtually every single node.
Todays GW was full auto-able with my phoenix squad...

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

I met a G9 zylo with 4 random riff raff on node 6 in the new GW once.
Ive also met one of those G10/11 meta squads but no zetas on them.
Im assuming the new GW is just a certain power level at each node and largely random, and occasionally there are some outliers like the zylo i met, and also relatively hard nodes due to composition and synergies
Curious why i get so many wiggs squads though, or why there is a sid or bobba fett on virtually every single node.
Todays GW was full auto-able with my phoenix squad...

It pulls from actual people’s arena squads and such.

So popular characters gonna be popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

mdemone posted:

that's better than what I had. TV is hard, the rest is pretty easy. On the kylo vs. fight #1 keep your eye out for rey to get a pick up lightsaber button, I missed it for several turns and was shouting in frustration that I wasn't able to damage Kylo anymore.