Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It was a 1 point away loss to probably the best team in the AFC. The Ravens scored 38 points. There were quite a few games this year where the Ravens looked like total trash but last week wasn't one of them.

At this point I'm way more of a lunatic than you are because I'm still trying to engage with you on these posts.

It certainly wasn't the overall worst performance of the year but thats beside the point. I genuinely wanted to make peace with Harbaugh for us year after the Lions game but as I said, that hinged on
a respectable performance(note I did not say close) against Pittsburgh. In the third quarter he was on his way and I was very pleased. But after that embarrassing meltdown after the game was in hand(despite plenty of help from the refs!), forget it. Thats why Im rooting for the Browns today.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got owls to find here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
^^^ Bird on you beautiful mad bastard.

I think I've accidentally ensured a Baltimore Superbowl berth. I'm flying out to Michigan to meet up with some friends and the only return flight I could land is in the air for the game's entire theoretical run time.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

You can watch Christian mccaffrey.

Instead of one yard runs out of bounds he dives into the line and vanishes.

fiz do you like Christian McCaffrey

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Always cherish Steve Smith.

https://twitter.com/christrapasso/status/942375952809684992

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

He might be my favorite NFL personality ever

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

He's not wrong either.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think smith is going to undeservedly make the hall of fame based on personality and I won’t be upset.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

I think smith is going to undeservedly make the hall of fame based on personality and I won’t be upset.

I'm biased as hell, but I think he's deserving even without the personality stuff :colbert:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
drat Marvin is bouncing.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

New thread title, please

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/942412467115888641

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:woop:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

End of an era.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Must be going to Tempe to be Herm's DC

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
So is Hue going back to Cincinnati?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

nerve posted:

Not after Sept of Baelor’ing the Browns front office.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

nerve posted:

He doesn't even need to win to have a job apparently, so why would he want to? This is the easiest series of checks he'll ever get

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

thank fuuuuuck

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Chris James 2 posted:

He doesn't even need to win to have a job apparently, so why would he want to? This is the easiest series of checks he'll ever get

To go coach up McCarron of course!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I always figured Lewis would die in that job, it was clear the Bengals weren’t ever going to fire him

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What an amazing journey. Marvin turned around the most snake bit, terrible franchise in the league through excellent drafting and even keeled leadership only to have them accomplish nothing in increasingly dramatic fashion.

End of an era indeed.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

FizFashizzle posted:

He deserves it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bye Jerry

https://twitter.com/stevereedap/status/942422742359511040

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

2 game suspension (dropped to 1 on appeal)

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Does any other living owner besides Richardson have a huge statue of themselves in front of their stadium? They showed it on tv during the Vikings Panthers game last week and I couldn't believe the hubris.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Does any other living owner besides Richardson have a huge statue of themselves in front of their stadium? They showed it on tv during the Vikings Panthers game last week and I couldn't believe the hubris.

I’m sure there are statues of Jerry Jones somewhere.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Yes I want the same people who cant figure out if something is a catch or not investigating such a delicate topic

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Spoeank posted:

Yes I want the same people who cant figure out if something is a catch or not investigating such a delicate topic

A lot of the same criteria apply actually about having and maintaining control and going to the gruond

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m sure there are statues of Jerry Jones somewhere.

That was my first thought but when I googled Jerry Jones statue all I got was his hall of fame bust.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Thanks for saving that post. I forgot how angry I was back then.

Anyhow I hear the Bills are still trash, so you can write the post in your mind

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

in the last two weeks every talking head about football has mentioned "RPOs" and I swear before that I'd never heard that term before.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao luck might need bicep tendon surgery

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/942452723563286528

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

in the last two weeks every talking head about football has mentioned "RPOs" and I swear before that I'd never heard that term before.

It's been around a while in the college game (where it's easier to implement since linemen can go farther downfield by rule without being ineligible), I think this is the first year it's been a big thing in the NFL.

Er. RPO means Run/Pass Option if that wasn't already clear to you.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/942421969940729857

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol richardson is a goddamn monster jesus christ

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I thought it was well known Richardson is racist

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

owners are extremely bad and it's a tragedy that they managed to pass rules requiring teams to be owned by individuals instead of cities

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kawalimus posted:

It certainly wasn't the overall worst performance of the year but thats beside the point. I genuinely wanted to make peace with Harbaugh for us year after the Lions game but as I said, that hinged on
a respectable performance(note I did not say close) against Pittsburgh. In the third quarter he was on his way and I was very pleased. But after that embarrassing meltdown after the game was in hand(despite plenty of help from the refs!), forget it. Thats why Im rooting for the Browns today.

I hope you see a superb owl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

It's been around a while in the college game (where it's easier to implement since linemen can go farther downfield by rule without being ineligible), I think this is the first year it's been a big thing in the NFL.

Er. RPO means Run/Pass Option if that wasn't already clear to you.

yup, picked up the term after a few instances, but it's just crazy to me how this thing I'd never heard of before all of a sudden is on every podcast and tv show I hear/see.

• Locked thread